You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Intelligence was an unforgiving field. To commit to and disseminate intel too quickly, without being able to verify the information could be disastrous, costing the lives of everyone involved. If acted upon even a moment too late, however, one would find themselves perennially one step behind the threat, always playing catchup, as Bokuden found himself now. When informed of potential unrest amongst the villages, centering around increased mobilization of forces in Kirigakure, the Ryuzoji was advised that this would be a purely investigative assignment. With the fleet of Kirigakure ships leaving the docks almost immediately after his arrival, it was clear that not only were the concerns of the Land of Iron justified, but that they had already escalated more rapidly than anticipated, forcing Bokuden to pivot and set out for Kumogakure, the target of The Village Hidden in the Mist’s ire.

Bokuden had not been home since his final confrontation with his father. No, that place was no longer his home. He was no longer that person. That Bokuden had long since been buried, at least, that’s what he told himself. The journey to find purpose in his new life was long and arduous, often not nearly as clear as he would like or as certain as he needed it to be. The fact that his past with Kumogakure and his status as a wanted man would create a vulnerability in the eyes of the samurai who awaited his missive at the Three Wolves mountain range was not lost on the Ryuzoji. It is likely that they would prefer someone else, distanced from the situation and without the personal ties to the sides involved, to be the one going forward with this assignment, but the fact remained that the situation had escalated past the point where they had the luxury of being choosy.

As thoughts of his last stay in Kumogakure came to the forefront of Bokuden’s mind, his right hand would instinctively fall to his left hip, the spot where his sword had rested for so many years that was no empty, a reality that the man was still growing accustomed to, even after all this time. To a Ryuzoji, their weapon was not simply a tool, but an extension of themselves. From almost as long as the fair-haired man could draw from memory, his father had placed a sword in his hands and Kumogakure was the place where those memories lived. The threat of the situation at hand was far from the only unfinished business that Bokuden had remaining in that village, and by his estimation, possibly the least dangerous. The reality was that, especially given the terms under which Kirigakure had been approaching, Bokuden was likely to be regarded as an enemy. For that reason, it may be best for him to simply observe unless absolutely necessary, at least until there was a response from HQ. The contents of the missive he sent were short and to the point, leaving little room for interpretation or opinion that neither side of the conversation had time for. Time was no longer on their side. All he could do now was wait.

Far from Bokuden, an Imperial Falcon soared at blistering speeds towards The Land of Iron, carrying with it a sealed note from the Ryuzoji, reading:

“The situation has escalated more quickly than our intel had reported. A detachment of ships have departed from Kirigakure due north towards the Land of Lightning. From what I could gather, their goal is to launch an offensive directly on the Land of Lightning’s shinobi village. In order to prevent this from slipping away from us, I am heading there myself. I don’t know that I will be able to arrive in time for the initial landing or if this missive will reach Three Wolves in time. Upon arrival I will provide an update on the situation”

651/600

Thread Complete

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.