You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Defeat The Bandit! [Mission] Empty Defeat The Bandit! [Mission] Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:44 pm

Trilby pushed the now empty bowl of soup away from himself, sighing with pleasure. "That chicken noodle soup was fantastic, Takao. Your best yet!" "Oh please, you say that every time you eat here." "True, so why stop now?" Trilby replied, pulling a scroll from his pocket. He had been told his mission was based around the Kiri Kiri Restaurant, a place he often frequented, so he figured he might as well read it while having lunch there. Breaking the seal, he rolled it out in-front of him. "What ya got there Trilby?" "Work stuff, not at liberty to say." he replied, looking around the premises. "A thief, huh? That's a shame", Trilby thought, he really loved this place. "Hey Takao, I've been eating here once a week for two years, surely you could show me around the back, no?" "Well, the owners not here now, why not." Takao replied, a slight tone of surprise bleeding through his words.

Kiri Kiri had what you'd expect of a restaurant, freezers, kitchen, an office in the back. Trilby could see no signs of forced entry or easy ways to get in such as windows that can't be locked, or air vents. Thanking Takao for the tour, he made his way to the hotel across the street, booking a room on the top floor for the night. It was there he made camp, the plan was to figure out how they were getting in and then catch them on the way out, at least, he hoped it would be that simple. So, coffee in hand, Trilby set into the monotonous task of monitoring the building.

All was quite outside Kiri Kiri until 11:30 pm. Takao had just locked up and left, and ten minutes later, a man in black robes snuck up to the back door, unlocking it and creeping in. Whoever was robbing the building was either an incredibly quick lockpicker, or they had the key. Trilby climbed onto the ledge of the balcony he had been monitoring on, and in one fluid motion leaped from the hotel balcony onto the roof of the Kiri Kiri building, landing silently. He crept to the edge and hung down, peering through one of the bolted windows to see what was happening.

Black robes, black mask, black shoes, black gloves. Clearly, this thief took his colour pallet seriously. As described, a single kunai hung from his belt, rocking back and forth silently as he slowly counted out bills from the safe in the managers office. Trilby stayed on the roof, watching silently until the man turned towards the door, heading out and beginning to lock it. Seeing his chance, Trilby quickly formed some handseals, Boar, dog, bird. Many thin spikes of rock shot up from the ground around the thief, but he reacted quickly, dodging all but one of them, which dug an inch into the side of his stomach. Knowing he'd been caught in the act the thief dropped everything he was carrying, including the building key, and ran for it. Trilby ran along behind the man, who reached into his pocket, throwing something onto the ground. Caltrops spread everywhere, Trilby, unprepared, stood on one accidentally, causing him to trip and fall, though, thankfully not into the caltrops. By the time he managed to remove it, the thief was gone. "BALLS" he declared loudly, as he went back to the shop. The money the thief dropped was still there, so he carried it inside and put it back, locked the shop and kept the key, figuring he'd return it tomorrow morning.

Morning came and trilby was frustrated. He had fallen for a basic trick because he wasn't prepared. He was sloppy and it cost him his mission. Heading over to the store, he heard Takao around back talking to his boss. "Well I've lost my key so can you come over and open for me please? We're losing business here. Yes I know its my fault, I'm sorry. Yes I understand i'll be docked for this, can you please just hurry up." "Immediately after the thief loses his key, Takao needs a replacement. Too convenient. Takao how could you..." Trilby muttered to himself, aware of what he must do.

The owner of the establishment turned up, letting Takao in and giving him a replacement key, rambling about how incompetent he was, about how he'd have to dock his pay again for this. Trilby ordered another bowl of soup and struck up conversation with Takao. "So, hows things in your personal life, Takao?" "Not good, my wife is sick and we're struggling to pay the hospital bills." "That's a shame." Trilby finished his soup and went back to the hotel room he rented, watching the store again. Takai locks up every night at 11:30pm, so it shouldn't be too hard to catch him on the way out before he changes and goes full ninja, Trilby speculated.

Takao locked the door behind him, and turned around. There stood trilby, right in-front of him. He panicked, he knew he'd been caught. Grabbing the kunai from his back pocket, he lunged, stabbing trilby in the chest. Before he could flee, Trilby vanished into thin air, the kunai falling to the ground. Confused, Takao bent down to pick it up, but as he touched it, a hand ripped through the earth, grabbing him and dragging him underground until he was buried up to his neck. "Takao, you were my friend" Trilby said, disappointed in one of the first people he'd met in sunagakure. "You may have been in a hard place, but there were ways you could have survived without resorting to theft. You are better than that." "WHAT DO YOU KNOW? You've never had to care for anyone. You don't have family, you don't have anyone who depends on you to look after them! You're just a pathetic loser who could never understand what i'm going through!" "You bought this on yourself." Trilby said, emotionless as he formed some handseals. Boar, Dog, Bird. Sharp spikes of stone rose from the ground around Takao, piercing his skull.

Trilby delivered the thief's body to the morgue, informing them that this was the Kiri Kiri bandit, real name Takao Hisshino, who was stealing to support his wife's hospital bills. "A shame he had to die, but criminals deserve no mercy" Thought trilby as he went to report in, mission accomplished.

1068/1000

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.