You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Simple Outing [Training/No Kill/Open] Empty A Simple Outing [Training/No Kill/Open] Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:44 pm

Uchiha Teru

Uchiha Teru

D-rank
It was a relatively early hour when she decided to head out from home to get another dose of training. The mist rising and flowing all around through the air provided a good feel for the Kirigakure Genin. Her meeting with the one who hailed from the Hoshigaki had actually influenced her to revisit the shoreline for this training session in particular. It was just the other day when she had encountered the unique kunoichi just at the docks. Encountering someone who was as interesting as that made her wonder about how much it would take to compete. Not only was the Hoshigaki kunoichi’s personality much different from hers, but her abilities, but her talents. That meeting inspired her to do a what she had in mind even more. So, today, it was a visit back to the place where she had first engaged the Hoshigaki girl in conversation.

Teru Uchiha was standing at the edge of the docks with the smallest of smiles on her face. Her eyes gazed out at the foggy horizon, wondering about everything there was to see out there. Not only that, but they looked hungry to see personal growth. The thoughts in her head were sorting. Scattered just in just about every inch, but still sorting out all of the facts and other bits of information there was inside. It was like part of her brain wanted to remember something-- something important.

But, whatever it was that it wanted to bring up had not surfaced in the mind of the Uchiha. “Alright,” she snapped herself out of her drifting thoughts, shaking off the nerves that didn’t want to act properly. Teru’s eyes closed once, and then twice before opening wide to take in the obstacle course before her. “I think I’ve got a rival on my hands. Let’s see… I last saw that Aozame fellow swimming in these waters. So, they can’t be that bad to try out for myself.”

Word Count: 332
Target Word Count: 2350

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Early morning, the sunrise failed to shine through the clouds and mist that had befallen the country. It was always thick in the morning, hardly able to see where you were walking sometimes, but today was especially mild by his estimates. Maigo rubbed his eyes and yawned as he began to wake up and take in his surroundings, the sound of rushing water was the first to hit him and the smell of salt in the air. All of it falling before his senses before he even had the chance to open his eyes, and when he did, he was greeted by the light mist in the air. The sound of crashing water like waves and birds were about as he rose up and sleepily looked around. Wooden docks and a few ships and smaller boats were scattered about, he sighed and leaned his head back as he thought about what was going on.

The last thing he remembered is that last night after he was done training, helping the sailors load heavy boxes and things of that nature, he had sat down on a couple empty boxes to nap and watch the sunset. Now, he's waking up at... sun rise? Or maybe a little later than that? He had no idea, but he had been asleep at least 10 hours, probably more and now he was groggy and a bit disoriented from having slept so much. If he had a mirror he would see that his hair would be frizzy and pointed in all kinds of directions and his eyes would have heavy bags but not from exhaustion and the total lack of organization to his clothes. He stood up from the boxes he had sat on and leaned up against, using them like a chair to watch the water. He patted his pockets and checked everything, his sword was still there as well as his pouch with shuriken and things, and his kunai in the smaller pouch on his leg.

Stretching heavily he debated what to do, he was already out for the morning, there was no doubt in his mind that his parents would kill him for being gone all night without so much as a word. His immediate thought should be to go home, change clothes, and then do something productive with his day. But his immediate thought was more along the lines of, Well, I'm here, so might as well train some more. but Alas! No one was here to entertain him or keep him busy as he looked around the entrance of the docks, a few guards sitting in chairs and laughing and a few crewman just showing up.

He turned his head back towards the water and saw a figure at the end of the dock, a young girl it looked like? Maigo squinted his eyes and held his hand over his eyes to block out the sunlight that wasn't there. More a habit than anything, as he tried to get a better look at the stranger at the end. He had heard many stories from the sailors, teasing him about the demons of the water and monsters luring men out to their deaths and things of that sort but he didn't buy it for even a second. He began to walk towards the end of the bridge, as he did so, he unfastened his sword from his waist and walked up behind the girl. Once he was a few feet closer, he could hear her talking to herself... it bothered him slightly as he tilted his head and looked towards her. He unwrapped the belt of his jacket as slide it off once he was about 5 feet behind her, holding his katana and his jacket in his right arm, bandages wrapped around his stomach and the bottom of his torso.

As he approached her, he walked right up next to her and looked at her funny, "Who are you talking to out here?" he queried her as he held out his sword and jacket for her. "Hold onto this, would you?" he would ask leaving her no time to explain who she was talking to if she would even try to. He would wait for her to take it, and if she didn't take it he would just shrug and drop it behind him at the edge of the wooden dock they were standing on.

He would then remove his sandals and set them next to his wadded up jacket or leave them in front of him if she took the sword and jacket to hold for a second. "Sorry, I'm Maigo. Maigo Mugetsu, in case you were wondering." he would state bluntly, not pausing to truly recognize her or anything. "The sailors talk about demons and sea monsters and mermaids and stuff while I'm training around here. Luring sailors and people to their deaths and all." he began to speak while looking out towards the water and stretching even more, bending down to touch his toes and stretch out his legs as well. "I don't think you're one of those because you haven't killed me or anything yet. But! If you are... it's gonna have to wait, I've got training and stuff to do first." he said and smiled at the girl. Then without warning, he would take a large step and dive off the dock into, unbeknownst to Maigo, would be freezing cold ocean water.

His goal would be to wash off and clean off any residue he might have, a quick wash in the ocean would be fine by his standards, though most people would probably disagree. He would quickly resurface shaking and shivering, swimming quickly for a ladder as the cold water would begin to freeze him.

[972 words]

Uchiha Teru

Uchiha Teru

D-rank
Being alone made it easier for the young Uchiha to concentrate on this training she put herself through. Listening to the water gently crashing against the shore relaxed her mentally, and it being a fresh hour made her relax physically. That was what she had to make the day’s training go well. Teru took off her ninja shoes and hat, then placed them on the ground before removing the large sleeves of her top-- even the ribbons that were in her hair were put off to the side. She stripped down until she was only in her shirt and shorts. “Whew,” she gasped, picking her foot up after dipping a toe into the water. “It feels so cold… I’d better not stay in for too long, or else I might regret just about every decision that I’ve ever made.” It took several minutes before she worked up the nerve to fully immerse herself into the chilly waters. She clamped her teeth down as soon as the bite of the cold temperature nipped at her skin. 

What stopped her from diving into the water completely was the sound of people laughing, which made her realize that she wasn’t totally alone. “Hrmph,” she sighed, and got back onto dry land to pick up her belongings before going up to the docks to wait for a better time to get to her training. “I need to be more alert about where I go for training,” she told herself. Just as she was about to say something more, a voice from behind got her quiet. Turning around, she spotted a boy with a rather unique style. He was certainly taller than her, but he didn’t look too much older. Instead of greeting him and asking if it was her who he was referring to, she uttered an unclear word as his weapon and jacket fell into her hands. “Wha?” She remained quiet and confused as he walked passed her to stand at the edge of the docks. Of course, his shirtless appearance was attractive, but she quickly dismissed the thought and proceeded to wonder about who this person was. 

It didn’t take long for him to introduce himself as Maigo Mugetsu; though, she hadn’t the chance to ask him of it. Nonetheless, she was glad to know who she was meeting for the first time. “Um,” she mumbled, but failed to say anything meaningful as the sudden conversation shifted to something about sailors and monsters so abruptly. Even though it felt to her like he was jumping on this interesting introduction, she was happy to meet someone who also had quite a bit of energy. Teru spoke no words, even when Maigo chose to jump straight into the icy cold water. She giggled when he resurfaced and placed his things down next to hers before approaching the side of the docks to kneel down and help him out. “I suppose there are more frightening things out there than me. There could be a shark, or something much, MUCH more nerve-racking.” She paused, holding out her hand for Maigo to take. “By the way, my name is Teru-- Teru Uchiha.”

If he took her hand or not, she would continue to speak. “If you’re here to train, maybe we can help each other out,” she smiled. “I too have training I’ve been meaning to take care of. Putting our heads together might do the trick and get a lot of progress done for the both of us, wouldn’t you say?”

Word Counter: 596
Total Word Count: 928

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
The girl accepted Maigo's gear with a blank look in her face, more of confusion and wanting to ask more so than anything. He did think quite highly of her though, she was very cute and that was not a designation he would give many girls. Or, it was something he would say to nearly everyone he meets, but less often did he mean it, she seemed rather soft with her blank expression and standing there at the end of the docks in shorts and a shirt. If it were more appropriate he would have mentioned something about it most likely. Maigo slowly walked towards the edge of the dock just in front of her, she seemed rather confused and mesmerized, nothing more than some stammering in between his sentences. He didn't think much of it and continued on, Must be mesmerized without my shirt, I should probably not do that to people as much, it's really just not fair to them if I so passively seduce so many people throughout the day... he thought to himself and smiled as he looked towards the water. Then with a quick step he leapt towards the water, diving in front of him and using hands to break the water at a point. His hands formed outward as he broke the water, the rushing salt hit has face and he kept his eyes closed as he fell through the water a good distance.

The water felt instantly cold against his skin, his hair slicked back as he began to kick his feet and rise to the surface. He had no time to stop and think, his brash decision had turned into a terrible on and he emerged from the water and shook his head upon resurfacing. He slowly blinked his eyes and found the dock, grabbing a hold of it he begun to lift himself up to see the girl offering a helping hand. He took one hand off the platform to wipe the water from his face and then took her hand as he pulled himself back up onto the dock. She spoke as he pulled up, speaking of the dangers of sharks or something, he smiled at the thought. Once Maigo was at his waist level back up, he sat down and then spun his legs around to the dock and stood up rapidly. "Teru Uchiha.. huh?" he spoke as he stood up, he noticed his jacket and sword near her things as well and left it be for the time, he shook his body and head wildly like a dog to shake water off. His hair flew around wildly, and once he was done, he took his hands and began to rub his hair to make it messy, shaking even more water out of it.

"That's an interesting last name, I'm sure you have even more interesting eyes..." he commented as he messed with the bandages around his stomach briefly, adjusting them, salt lined through them. He could also feel the salt in his hair and all around his pants as he shook his body around. Tilting his head and tapping it to get the water from his ears, she began to talk of training and joining him or helping him out. He thought for a second and exhaled quickly in a short burst, "Yeah, it sounds like a great offer. What kind of trouble you have in mind? A quick spar perhaps? No jutsu just weapons and taijutsu?" he stared directly at her now. Maigo would literally be fine with anything from a fight to the death to merely practice throwing stones or something at a target. He would leave it up to her to decide as he stood there and tapped his head to get the water out of his ears, the mist around the docks had begun to fade and he could feel the heat of the sun against his skin in that moment. If only he hadn't had such light skin, there was no way he wasn't going to get sunburned today.

But oh well, at least he'd be doing something productive in the process, he had only wait for his newly found kunoichi to make a choice in the type of training.

[716 words, 1688 words total]

Uchiha Teru

Uchiha Teru

D-rank
To someone who was so focused in the sciences of man, this fellow would be considered something like an interesting specimen for research of some kind. He was so open, in a way. It seemed as though there was simply no reason to be shy or farouche around anybody. Teru, other than being taken back by his displayed nature, found him to be open and comfortable company. Truthfully, she thought he was a bit of an odd one after having dove into the water. Did he consider the possibilities of it being absolutely freezing due to the colder weather? was one question she asked herself. “Heh,” she lightly giggled after witnessing him rush back to dry land. With a bit of her assistance, he was able to get out before his limbs would suffer too much. She hid her face when he shook the water off like a playful dog, but it was one of those things she didn’t mind so much. 

“Interesting eyes?” she wondered out loud in response to Maigo’s words. She still wondered about how this name of hers was truly ‘interesting’. Teru was certainly aware she came from a unique clan, but she was never taught about anything else regarding it. But, standing there and wondering all about it was a pretty useless thing to do. So she pushed that aside and gave Maigo a smile. “I thank you for that, but I don’t think there’s anything really special about these eyes of mine.”

“Anyhow,” Teru went on, and put her hands on her hips. Sparring was exactly what she had in mind. She had been intending to work more on her Taijutsu, but hadn’t quite found the right time to do so. Having his help would certainly give her a good support in training, then she could get closer to her goal. “I like the sound of a sparring match with Taijutsu. It would help us get to know each other better, too.” Teru paused a moment and got to thinking about what they could do exactly. The moment she folded her arms to help stimulate her thinking mode, however, something in the line of her peripheral vision caught her attention. At first, she thought nothing of it and continued with brainstorming ideas as her gaze settled on the surface of the water. A simple tease from the mist, she thought. Well, perhaps it could have been. She could only assume that, but that was until something poked out from the water. A fin of some sort? One could only answer if they fished it out and uncovered its external features. 

It was weird to her. Sea creatures were always a common sight, but this one seemed to be a lot more different than anything else. The fin itself looked to be quite large-- larger than a fish or even a shark. “Huh?” Teru raised a brow, her eyes watching the creature swimming in the direction of the docks she and Maigo were standing on. “What could that be? It looks like it’s coming right for us. Hm, whatever it is, maybe we can have a fishing exercise using our hands?”

Word Count: 532
Total Word Count: 1460

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Maigo picked up his jacket after getting on shore and used it to wipe off some of the excess water, his pants would be soaked but there was no helping that now. Teru spoke while he did so, “Interesting eyes?” she replied with, “I thank you for that, but I don’t think there’s anything really special about these eyes of mine.” she formulated after a second of thought. Maigo dropped his jacket again and smiled at her, "Well of course not, normal eyes aren't interesting at all." then he focused his eyes towards hers, in an effort to make eye contact. "But when your eyes become like these, it's a different story all together." he let his yellow colored eyes fade away, red took them over and a single comma in each eye. He was in fact, just showing off a bit at this point, a bit of fun theatricality at no one's expense, it would be rare that moments like that would occur with him, but he could still have a harmless bit of fun here and there.

Then came the consideration to what was next, Teru stuck her hands to her hips, while Maigo leaned his wait back onto one leg and watched her. An offer of a simple spar, her goal would be to work on Taijutsu while Maigo hadn't cared for anything in specific, just for the practice in itself. And a spar, well that would be perfect for getting him used to reacting to things and responding to an opponents actions. Teru then folded her arms, Maigo responded with a slight exhale, "Fine. A spar sound good to me." he said and reached down towards his sword and picked it up, "Weapons and jutsu? Or purely Taijutsu?" he spoke as he partially unsheathed the sword and held it horizontally across his chest. He stood there for a moment waiting for Teru's response, depending on what she said he would either drop the sword onto a nearby crate or fully unsheathe the weapon.

Then Maigo would jump back a few feet, flipping backwards off his hands and then sliding to a stop to clear a bit of distance between the two, leaving Teru further towards the end of the dock then Maigo. The fog was light but still visible, patchy like a teenage boys beard, the water stirred for a moment. Maigo took no notice of it, there were often waves splashing against the wooden supports of the dock and fish gulping and splashing around across the water. Maigo ignored it, but Teru's attention was drawn to the fin, it was rather large, perhaps a sharks fin? It wouldn't have to be a huge shark but still sizeable to say the least... Teru began to speak, wondering what it was. Maigo could hardly hear her at the distance he jumped back so he lowered his guard and began to walk over towards her, his hand rubbing the back of his neck as he looked towards the water. "I don't know, it's probably just a fish or something. That is the ocean after all..." he said once he was close enough for her to hear him. She also mentioned something about a fishing exercise but he sort of ignored it, "It's probably nothing, but if you want to jump in after it and get eaten by a shark or something, then I suppose I can't really stop you..." he said as he stared towards the circling fin.

At first it was moving away from them, at it's peak, the fin itself was no more than half of a foot tall? It was tough to gauge, and as it moved away towards another platform it retracted slightly into the water. The rest of the animal, however, wasn't visible at all, mostly from the fog, that was until it rapidly turned and headed towards the two of them at the dock platform they were at. It surfaced even more, the fin of it alone began to grow and was nearly two feet tall, Maigo focused in on it and began to try to see it, the fin connected to a body of some kind. A blue color with a grey tint of some kind, it blended in with the surface of the water fairly well. He focused in watching it intently until a moment later when the fin stopped and fell completely beneath the water, then a short moment of silence. Then shot from the water with force, the water around it splashing away, a tentacle shot right at Maigo's face and hit him in the chest. The blunt force of it knocked him back and into some boxes, of those boxes that were then pushed into the water as he laid there for a second reeling from getting hit.

Maigo lost track of Teru in that second, he was slightly disoriented, he dazily spoke out, "Hey, look.. out..." he was hardly yelling and was more trying to stand up now. He would look for Teru to see if she had been hit or if she had been smart enough to react and try avoid the beast. Hopefully she would dodge it, it would be tragic for the both of them to be knocked out. Glancing towards the water, Maigo saw eight fairly large tentacles sprouted from the water and the head of a giant octopus barely surfaced from the water. The tentacles themselves were much darker, almost black, but the body was a blue color like the water with a single fin on top of its head. It's eyes burned yellow with the darkest pupils as it eyed its prey. Maigo got to one leg and pushed off his knee to stand up and then began to search for his sword, dropped to the ground on the dock, he knew he had to get to it in order to fight the beast.

With some urgency as he stood, "I need my sword, then I can help, any chance you can distract it for a moment, maybe use some ninjutsu to hold it back?" he spoke with a heavy amount of inquisition in his voice. He would speak slowly and try to take a few steps towards Teru slowly while eyeing the beast while he spoke. As soon as he found out or learned any different he would make a mad dash for his sword and attempt to grab hold of it and then jump to the water to meet the monster head on.

[1102 words, 2790 words total]
[+1 to RT from 1 tomoe]

195/200 Chakra:

Uchiha Teru

Uchiha Teru

D-rank
Teru watched as Maigo used his jacket to dry off his soaked skin instead of resorting to a towel. But, it was clear to her that he had not brought one for himself. And neither did she despite having intended to do what he had just barely done. "Well of course not, normal eyes aren't interesting at all." When she heard these words, Teru tilted her head to the side a bit and furrowed her brows. What could he have possibly meant by that, was what she wondered. She subconsciously locked eyes with him as if waiting for some kind of trick to take place. "But when your eyes become like these, it's a different story all together." Teru gazed into his golden eyes with her hazel ones, seeing nothing different about them at first. However, in just a moment's time, they changed all of a sudden. The irises of Maigo's eyes became red with a single, black comma, or tomoe, in each eye. She was surprised, if not shocked. Never before had she seen such a thing. At least, she recalled no memories of seeing that sort of development. "And you are saying that... my eyes could look just like that?" Teru asked, simply amazed by Maigo's ability. "So, what exactly can they do?" The more she looked into his eyes, the more she desired to acquire something like them. He did say 'when' as he spoke of her eyes, so she could only assume that there was a strong possibility that she could. Then it struck her as she messed around in her mind, sorting through all of the questions she wanted to ask Maigo. "Wait a minute..." she began, tapping her chin as the nagging thought finally came up. "Does this have to do with my clan?"

Whether it did or not, Teru was going to wonder and think about it until a solid answer was given to her. While it did excite her, she was still intent on that training match with the person who taught her something that was potentially life changing. "Fine. A spar sound good to me." She was pleased to hear that he didn't mind it, and she watched as he retrieved his sword. So he was a bukijutsu user, she thought. Using weapons in combat never interested her before, but seeing him with a katana actually made her want to consider learning a form of bukijutsu herself. "Weapons and jutsu? Or purely Taijutsu?" As much as she wanted to bear witness to his skills with the sword, she would have to pass on the weapons and jutsu idea. The only reliable weapon she had on her was a kunai, and that was clearly outmatched even before their match had begun. "I think a spar revolving around Taijutsu only will do some good." While Maigo would set his sword down, Teru made sure that her own ninja tools were set off to the side near a few crates and barrels so that they would not get in the way of their training. "Whoever falls into the water is the loser?" 

It was while she was ready to get into her fighting stance when her attention briefly turned to the waters around her. Through the light mist, she saw that fin protruding from the cold and dingy sea. "I don't know, it's probably just a fish or something. That is the ocean after all..." Teru heard Maigo approach, but she wasn't entirely certain. Ordinary fish had a tendency to stay underneath the blanket of the ocean. Whatever it was, though, it seemed a bit unusual. As it circled and circled around just ahead of the docks they stood on. "It's probably nothing, but if you want to jump in after it and get eaten by a shark or something, then I suppose I can't really stop you..." Hearing him say that had her stifling a laugh. She wasn't worried about shark attacks. And, if she did get attacked by a shark while trying to fish the circling creature out of the water, then she would fight back any way possible to get out with... well, some injuries. "Gee, it kind of sounds to me like you are afraid to do a little fishing, Maigo," Teru teased him, smiling to herself. "I actually thought you would want to help a girl out when she brought up some sport. But, I see now. You'd leave me to have all the fun for myself when I am willing to share the catch."

She watched the fin for a moment as the creature possessing it swam around as if spotting its prey; her teasing was ended. For a moment, she took her eyes off of it and walked passed Maigo to get to her tool holder where her kunai was. "It shouldn't take too long, anyway," she said, but didn't look back. Before she knew it and before she could turn back, there was a loud splash and the sound of someone getting hit by a large sack. When she heard the crates breaking, Teru immediately turned around as a large tentacle swiftly retreated back into the water. "Maigo! Are you alright?!" She turned to face the creature, just in time to see a glare from a beast she had never seen before in her life. It was only the only eye contact she made with the creature before she caught glimpse of another tentacle shooting out to attempt to beat her down, too. But, she was able to dive to the ground and avoid it before the swing could knock her down into the water. "That was too close," Teru huffed as she put her arm under her body for support. Her other hand tightly held onto the kunai she had gotten from her holster, which somehow kept from getting tossed into the cold water, but it was close to the edge-- along with her hat and sleeves.

"I need my sword, then I can help, any chance you can distract it for a moment, maybe use some ninjutsu to hold it back?" Teru got up to her knees and listened to Maigo as he called out to her. She had to think for a moment about what she could do to best hold off the monstrous sea creature. All of her techniques were fire or earth related, but what they faced appeared to have a thing for the water. "I can't use anything effective... Sorry," she clenched her teeth, and got up to her feet while keeping hunkered to be ready for any other attacks that might be sent her way. "Hey, do you know anything that might stun it? Or maybe something that could shock it enough into submission- Gah!" Before she could go on, the tentacled beast made an effort to slam its tentacle against her side. She blocked it, and was able to hold it off for a moment before mustering up her strength to push it back. The kunai that she had actually cut into the tentacle, luckily, making it bleed a bit. It was pulled back with a hiss, and the octopus-like creature apparently growled in anger. "That thing is strong..."

Teru looked to where Maigo was before glaring back at the sea monster. "We'll have to put our training on hold," she managed to laugh, and rubbed her wrist where a dull ache threatened to distract her. Before it could be lost, Teru made a grab for her weapon holster and quickly strapped it to her thigh. Following after Maigo, she dashed forward to fight the creature head on. If she wasn't able to be of use in the Ninjutsu department, then she would make up for it with her hands and weapons. 

Word Count: 1313
Total Word Count: 2773

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Maigo's eyes transitioned from their normal honey yellow color to red with the blink of his eyes. Teru's interest obviously piqued as they stared towards each other, "And you are saying that... my eyes could look just like that? So, what exactly can they do?" questions of innocence and yet, it seemed she knew even less than Maigo. To be completely honest the only things he knew for sure were of those abilities he already had, the rest could hardly be separated from fantasy, and his tale of adoption and being cast from his home. All things that he even knew not of until recently, but that was a story for a different time altogether, for now, he debated what he should actually say about these eyes of his and the ones that she would share with him. But before he could go into his words, he was cut off, Teru blurted out, "Wait a minute... Does this have to do with my clan?" he chuckled at the thought. At least she knew something, or at least had the hint of correlation, Maigo began to step towards her, a grin on his face laughing at her like she was a small child asking about the world. "Of course it does! I'm a bit surprised you don't know of them actually, given you are a direct descendant of the clan and all... but that's a conversation for another day. To be honest, you are the only person I know in all of Kirigakure whom is an Uchiha, and also the only one to carry the name... As for the abilities, the undeveloped version I carry doesn't do much. It enhances my vision as far as I know, making things which would normally be just out of my reaction now become visible to these eyes. As for beyond these eyes, I do not know entirely, the legends and tales about them say that nothing is hidden from these eyes, that when things become reality that the Sharingan will see it and all that makes it up. And even further beyond that there are tales, fables of abilities that the eyes can possess, jutsu of your nightmares..." Maigo spoke harshly, his words almost devoid of emotion as he finished. His gaze had drifted off into space, staring at the horizon of the ocean as he finished. "But enough of these eyes... your family can probably tell you more than I ever could..."

They then proceeded onto the details of their spar, a fight entirely of taijutsu between the two of them, an interesting proposition for her to fight a total stranger. Maigo was overly confident in his abilities though, he at his heart felt that nothing would be a challenge, even his sensei hadn't truly scared him even at the points where he was nearly pushed to his own death. Prepared for their inevitable spar, Maigo prepped himself as their attention was drawn towards the water, Teru taunted him and his apathy towards the animal in the water. He ignored her comments but smirked as he heard them, then came the inevitable attack, a blow to Maigo's body sent him reeling backwards into the crate. It shattered into splinters but nothing sat within it, Maigo laid there for a second as he took in his breathe. It was heavy, his chest felt like it had been crushed and he was dazed to the quickly building light, he leaned forward and placed his hand on his knee as he began to push himself up. "Maigo! Are you alright?!" Teru called out to him as he dragged himself up, he cursed under his breathe for a moment as he got to his feet. He spoke up, "Yeah, I'm fine, I just got punched by a f*cking Kracken or something..." his voice was quiet and gritted his teeth for a moment. The sarcasm in his voice would give way to his being fine, Teru probably wouldn't hear him clearly as he was more speaking to himself but instead was more for his own recognition.

Maigo briefly watched Teru dodge an attack upon her as well, Maigo's vision still focusing in around him and on the beast that was surfacing. Never was there a moment he would so curse his own inability in anything but genjutsu if it were in this moment, the two of them near helpless at the beast that rose before them. Disturbed water and a low screech from the beast, "We'll have to put our training on hold," Teru spoke out as she set her pouch to her thigh and then sprinted off to take the monster head on. Maigo chuckled, he didn't respond to it immediately but instead make a dash for his own sword, pushing his body to its absolute limit as he dived and grabbed hold of the sword. In this moment he had ignored Teru's doings, but quickly unsheathed it and tossed the sheathe further up the dock where he could retrieve it later. Then he had the honor of figuring out where and what Teru's plan was, not having any ninjutsu capable of taking the beast on or dealing any real damage, she would have to be an expert in taijutsu or with her kunai in order to do any real damage.

So Maigo, without hesitation, jumped to the water as well, landing upon the quickly shifting water and letting the waves bounce him up and down as he pushed chakra to his feet to hold himself up. Then a charge forward, his sword in his right arm as he headed for the beast, maybe casting a genjutsu first would have been the better idea but he needed to help distract the beast. One on one and the beast's eight arms would easily out number a single opponent, no matter what damage either of them could do. But with two of them, that leaves four legs each and only one attention span to deal with as they could time their attacks off of each other. As Maigo charged in, he pushed katon into his sword and charged from the side of the beast, then sliding on the surface of the water to the first tentacle that shot out of him, he would spin on his heel, pivoting around and building momentum. His sword would glow red as if it were super heated in a furnace, small flames flickering all upon it as he began his slash in his spin, hoping to cut and take some of the tentacles out of the equation by cutting and burning them in the worst way. Even if the first spin didn't land, he would step forward again and make another aiming for another tentacle and then a third and final spin to damage a third and different tentacle. He would aim carefully to avoid the chance that Teru would get caught up in the attack, the arcs of flames from his sword would be quite the site to behold as he cut towards the beast.

After his attack, he would have effectively taken three of its arms out of use, being nothing more than a last resort to use after the pain of being cut into severely and burned along with it. Maigo's theatrics in attacking the beast would be in his own style, leaping in and spinning with as much grace as he could muster, jumping back on the water as far as he could once his attack was over. Maigo made his play, and then it would be time for Teru to make hers as well, if she had one, otherwise Maigo would continue on with his barrage after gathering himself a few meters away from the squid itself. Calling out to Teru as he took a second to catch his breathe, "Put our training on hold? I think we've only stepped up our little competition here. Now, let's see what you got..." he would smirk towards her and egg her on. Maybe she could do something impressive after all, or maybe Maigo would only be pushing the two of them into further danger as he made his call to show off their own techniques.

[1386 words, 4176 words total]
[+1 to RT from 1 tomoe sharingan]

160/200 chakra:

Uchiha Teru

Uchiha Teru

D-rank
The stunning appearance that his eyes took were so unique and mesmerizing; she was taken back by this display, but she was so amazed that there were few words she could speak when wanting to express how impressed she was. Although, asking simple questions about his eyes felt a bit foolish for her. It was important for a ninja to know all about his or her allies and fellow villagers. She even felt that she was lacking in knowledge. Teru hoped that her new acquaintance wouldn’t make fun of her for not being able to better identify this.... Eye technique. What she could put together was that not everybody in the village could use this ability that Maigo had shown her. It had to be too unique for everyone to simply use at will. Teru heard Maigo chuckling and watched as he approached her with a smile on his face. "Of course it does! I'm a bit surprised you don't know of them actually, given you are a direct descendant of the clan and all... but that's a conversation for another day. To be honest, you are the only person I know in all of Kirigakure whom is an Uchiha, and also the only one to carry the name... As for the abilities, the undeveloped version I carry doesn't do much. It enhances my vision as far as I know, making things which would normally be just out of my reaction now become visible to these eyes. As for beyond these eyes, I do not know entirely, the legends and tales about them say that nothing is hidden from these eyes, that when things become reality that the Sharingan will see it and all that makes it up. And even further beyond that there are tales, fables of abilities that the eyes can possess, jutsu of your nightmares..." That was what she heard him say. His words were harsh, but the amount of seriousness he had told her that his words were true. Teru’s hands were at her sides as Maigo’s words trailed off and his gaze was fixated on something else beyond the mist. "But enough of these eyes... your family can probably tell you more than I ever could..."

‘My… family?’ Teru’s eyes dropped to the side of the docks, locked on the gentle waves of the ocean water. For years, she had only considered a certain few as family. And that few was at Kirigakure’s orphanage. Her biological parents weren’t ever there in her life, as far as she knew. Neither a mother, nor a father was there to be with her as she grew up. So, she was alone for the majority of her life until making friends and joining the ninja path. She didn’t have that sort of experience-- that experience of loving family and parents. “Ah, uh.... I don’t think they’d be able to tell me anything,” Teru said, turning away to look the other direction. Nobody but the higher-ups of the village guided her. And, now in the recent years, she was doing her best to guide herself. It was a sad thought to think about. Her parents who were undoubtedly deceased not being there for her. “Well, it’s too bad for me, I suppose. But you have my thanks for sharing this with me. I’ll have to work hard to awaken my own power. Then we can see who possesses the best pair of eyes.” Teru forced a laugh to make the sadness subside. It was an effort in all honesty, but it paid off and she was back to smiling. 

Once her words about that were out of the way, it was onto the sparring match they were to discuss. However, that mysterious animal in the water caused a load of problems for her and her companion for the day. With Maigo being temporarily cast aside by a sudden attack from tentacles, and Teru briefly fending for herself, their plans were temporarily cut short. She was glad to hear that he was fine, but Teru still worried how fine they both would be during this unusual encounter. A Kracken, was what he had called it. “A… Kracken?!” Teru gritted her teeth a little. She hadn’t fought one before, and she never expected to face off against one at all during her lifetime. Well, she was certainly taken back by this sudden intrusion, but she wasn’t scared. It actually made her stifle a giggle. She was just as determined as Maigo to face the monstrous creature from the sea, and she didn’t stay too far behind. Her eyes shifted between him and the Kracken in the water, seeing that he was not letting it go so easily. As soon as her feet left the docks, she was in the air to give the monster a piece of her kunai. “Hah,” Teru grunted, for a tentacle had caught her, mid air. With a huff, she dug her kunai into the one that managed to wrap around her waist. As it raised her above its head, Teru was stuck staring down at its hideous head as she worked the knife to free herself. It wasn’t too long before she was able to cut through the beast’s flesh and fell onto the top of its head, or back. She was in time to witness Maigo’s fire technique as it brought on a shrieking hiss from the Kracken. Teru struggled to keep her stance steady, managing to leave a few cuts on it before it decided to try and slap her away. She grabbed onto one and used it to get herself back onto the dock as another roaring scream from the apparent enemy pierced through the air. Her eyes rose and locked onto the monstrosity, just as it was wounded by an attack from Maigo. "Put our training on hold? I think we've only stepped up our little competition here. Now, let's see what you got..." She laughed, but rolled her eyes playfully as another tentacle tried to injure her. That too was cut away with her kunai knife. “Eh heh, I’ll have to catch it before you do. Winner gets treated to sushi.” A few more tentacles were on their way towards her, but they fell to the wooden ground in just a short time. With Maigo’s help, the work being done on the enemy was going fast until it couldn’t take anymore. It had been burned and cut up quite a lot, and its tentacles were dropping in numbers. 

Despite having a greater advantage in size, it was unable to handle both of their efforts with its wounds and burns. The pain that it was in made it hiss at both Teru and Maigo; it wasn’t any longer than a few minutes when it submerged into the water. Teru watched as the water violently splashed about as it seemingly fled from them. “Ah!” Teru ran up to the edge of the docks, and she saw its quick retreat. “It looks like you scared it away, Maigo.” The waves were violently crashing against the shoreline and wooden pillars holding up the docks. Teru, despite having to deal with the rough encounter with only one person to help, laughed it off and brushed off the aching in her sides. “Even though that was a bit of a pain, I found it to be a little fun. I feel a bit stronger, too. But.... tired.” Teru sat down with her legs out in front of her. Having to cut through a few attacking arms made her own feel sore and achy, but that was enjoyable in the slightest. “That training, though… I just might have to pass on that. For now, that is! In the near future, I sure hope we can meet under better circumstances than this so we can get to sparring with each other. Either sparring or hunting that thing down…”

Word Count: 1346
Total Word Count: 4119

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
The two of them stood off against the beast, staring down their enemy for the moment. Maigo of course made his comment about the situation, but Teru responded by merely laughing and rolling her eyes. Perhaps she was becoming more comfortable with his attitude and demeanor, she retorted back, “Eh heh, I’ll have to catch it before you do. Winner gets treated to sushi.” Maybe much more comfortable... Another tentacle shot out, Maigo dived to the left and slide across the water while Teru took it head on and cut it with her Kunai. A much bolder move that Maigo would have made, but none the less, she seemed confident in her abilities and that was enough. The two of them continued their attack upon the monster, their attacks and movements in tandem, or as close to it as they could get within their skills. It was Maigo's own form of prowess aside from his eyes and its abilities; more importantly was his ability to improvise and act on the fly. He was no great tactician inherently, and he wouldn't be thinking hundreds of moves ahead or planning some great trap to lure his enemy into but he was capable of acting before a pen drops. With every movement they made, Maigo would do best to counter off of it, if Teru charged forwards he would run around the best and draw its attention or attack while its attention was diverted.

Each movement drew more and more from his stamina and reserves, the monster before them struggled with every turn of movement and strike against its arms. Their battle drew on further and further, Maigo knew that he needed to put the beast down for good, or put it into a position that they could effectively take it down. The beast itself was stronger and quicker than them, but its size and their dual efforts made it difficult for it to keep up with them more than one at a time. Maigo waited for his chance, when Teru would be knocked back or jump back, or for any distance between them to be created at all. Then with a ferocious jump into the air, rotating his body around as he begun to spin, sword in hand and chakra being pushed into the blade. The blade then reached forward, Maigo spun heavily and dragged the sword across the air as a large crescent of white chakra formed in front of him. Then following back as that blade dashed forward he created another, both blades would hum in the air with their energy and burst forth into life, aimed straight for the monster's head. Maigo would return to the water and jump back as far as he could, landing on the wooden docks as he watched them crash in and tear at the beast's flesh. Each wave would crash down with furvur against it and blood would splash outward as they cut deeply into the beasts mantle. Maigo hadn't used his attack with that much chakra and strength pushed into it, it showed how much better he had gotten, with it being more damaging and quicker than it had been before.

The beast took the hits with gusto, it splashed around and made noise, an agonizing screech of some kind as it retreated away back to the ocean and away from the docks. Maigo stood there for a second and sheathed his sword, then fell to his butt as he sat on the docks, his legs crossed underneath him as he shook his head and began to catch his breathe. Teru ran to the edge and called out, “It looks like you scared it away, Maigo.” he merely panted to himself and declined to comment in that moment. Maigo began to stand up and grab his hilt and jacket, now soaking wet from the splashing waves and commotion caused by their encounter. He set his sword back in his belt as Teru began to comment, “That training, though… I just might have to pass on that. For now, that is! In the near future, I sure hope we can meet under better circumstances than this so we can get to sparring with each other. Either sparring or hunting that thing down…” he chuckled at the thought as he stood there and slide his arm through the jacket arm one at a time, "Yeah, but since it was my attack that scared him away, I think I win our little contest." the fatigue was audible in his voice. He began to tie his jacket back on he continued on, "As for that training, I agree, I used much more chakra against that animal than I thought I would... but don't think you're getting out of that sushi offer so easily!" he chuckled a bit as he looked around the docks and the water began to calm down.

With a heavy breathe and a stretch of his neck he undid his sharingan and let his eyes return to their normal honey yellow color. "But anyways, I'm going to go home and change and all that... I'll take you up on that hunting adventure or sparring along with the sushi you owe me..." he winked briefly and smiled. He would hear her out if she had anything left to say, and then he would turn off towards the end of the docks. Then, once he made the road it would be a full tilt sprint back home, to get the lecture of a lifetime for staying out for so long without telling his mother. Being gone on a mission was one thing but just disappearing for a night was another ordeal he would have to deal with. But for now, Maigo only cared about cleaning up and then maybe lunch would be good? Yeah... lunch was a good idea.

[984 words, 5160 words total]
[+1 to RT redacted with Sharingan]
[Exit Thread]

135/200 Chakra:

Training:

Uchiha Teru

Uchiha Teru

D-rank
The surface of the sea was violently splashing for just a few moments as the sea monster retreated to a realm unknown to the land dwellers. The thrashing was loud until finally calming down, and all was nearly as it had been before the unexpected event took place. Teru watched it all end with her own eyes, and it was rather spectacular. After retrieving her things and putting away her kunai knife, the Uchiha let out a satisfied sigh as Maigo chuckled at her words from just a moment ago. "Yeah, but since it was my attack that scared him away, I think I win our little contest." It was a point that she couldn't prove wrong, however. Teru pouted just a small bit at Maigo, but she let out a giggle. While it wasn't easy, she had to accept the fact that she lost this first round. Another time, perhaps, she could have things in her favor and be the victor. "As for that training, I agree, I used much more chakra against that animal than I thought I would... but don't think you're getting out of that sushi offer so easily!" She was actually glad that she wasn't the only one worn out after the workout. It wasn't her chakra that was burned, but her physical energy. Enough to get her to the point of wanting to rest for the entire day. The week, even. "Next time, though, I'll have to beat you. Then you'll have to owe me that sushi!"

And, concerning just how exhausted she was from the battle with the Kracken, she had to take a moment to rejuvenate. So she took a seat at the end of the docks, next to Maigo, and inhaled a soothing breath. "But anyways, I'm going to go home and change and all that... I'll take you up on that hunting adventure or sparring along with the sushi you owe me..." Teru glanced over to Maigo, catching his friendly wink. She giggled and shook her head. Not out of disappointment, but to stifle the fit of silliness that wanted to show its face. As soon as he got up to leave, her hand rose and waved a little to bid him a farewell. 
It was about time she left for home, too. Her clothes were quite messy, as was her overall appearance. "Phew..." she sighed quietly, giving the horizon one last look before she got up to her feet. "Maigo sure is a strong guy. Somehow, I've got to catch up to him." Without saying another word, Teru collected her items and started for the path to home. 

Word Count: 450
Total Word Count: 4569
Training Status: {Complete}
Training:
     Strength: D to D-2
     Speed: D to D-3
     Endurance: D to D-2
     Perception: D to D-2
     Reaction Time: D to D-3
Thread: Exiting | Closed

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.