You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Fukai

Fukai

D-rank
Hands in pockets, leaning over and peering at the immediate path ahead, Fukai walked home in the middle of the night. The moon was full and lit the surrounding street. Hues in the rock that made up the houses shined from brick red to a grey silver. The sort of twilight that seemed eternal. Not a single thought was held in his head in this moment but he was still unable to enjoy this quiet moment. A blank yet uncomfortable state had settled within him and he didn't seem to be able to shake it. His soft clothed feet scuffed against the odd cobble that rose a little higher from the ground than the others. He felt a little dirty, having not bathed since his workout this morning, and he also needed a shave. He looked strange with the beginnings of dark silver wiskers growing from his chin, an unkempt and unprofessional look that did not concern the chuunin in the slightest. The blood red scarf dangled from his neck as it always did, the mirrored blade metronoming in time with his pace. All was still on that road apart from himself.

Then he became aware of another presence on the path ahead. His torso and neck twitched up, his eyes focussing on a young boy with a large cap pulled over his eyes. He stood there in the light of the moon with all but his large toothy smile covered by the hat. Motionless for another few seconds. Fukai didn't know how to react. "Fukai." The large shinobi's eyebrows lowered over his eyes. He didn't bother to make any other moves, if there were to be trouble, the staff on his back could be in his hands in a split second. "I have information that you will be interested in. There will be a raid on the orphanage tonight. They plan to take the kids. They meet at Oshi's bar." An ominous message indeed from a totally unknown source. As soon as the kid had finished speaking, he turned to run away.
"Wait a second!" Fukai hissed after him, rushing him down and grabbing his arm. "What the hell is-" The boy turned to face him, only his smile peeked out from underneath the brim of his cap. A snicker came from behind Fukai, and when he lurched around to see where it was coming from, there was nothing there. Turning back around, he found the boy gone and his hand holding thin air.

It was forty minutes later and Fukai had made his way into Oshi's bar. It was a run down old shack with a burly man at the taps. No one else was in the room apart from them. Fukai rigged a makeshift hood with his scarf and sat in a table in the corner of the room that faced the bar. So that if someone was to enter the bar, they would walk to get their booze without necessarily seeing him. He had plonked a half pint of beer down next to him but had no intention to drink it. It looked and smelt like piss, the rest of the establishment didn't give him much hope as to the taste. He sat there and waited, not really believing that he had come here.

[555]

Issei

Issei

D-rank
The cold darkness of Iwagakure's winter nights beckoned Issei out of his hotel room and onto the city streets. He didn't really have a specific destination in mind; he just needed some fresh air and he'd grown tired of putting himself through hours of Isamu's snoring every night. Of course, he could always stop by Masahide's house. The man practically never slept and there was very little that irritated him, so even if Issei were to show up at his door that late, he wouldn't have minded and in fact he probably would've been happy to have a friend around. Just as he thought that, he caught sight of a familiar face, someone with white hair similar to his. He tried to get a closer look but it was dark and the figure was walking faster than Issei was. Nonetheless, one detail confirmed that it was Fukai; the long, red scarf that he had worn the night they went to dinner together. So, what was Fukai doing out? What time was it, midnight or one in the morning? Issei should've double checked the clock on the way out, but he hadn't brought his watch so he didn't have any way to check it now. His curiosity guided him and he started to follow Fukai, going down the same alleyway and continuing through to the other side. He kept his hands warm in his pockets and watched as Fukai turned to go into a bar, which was an unpleasant establishment in and of itself, but this particular bar was looking pretty derelict. Issei let out a sigh, unsure of what to do next. It seemed that he had made a turn into a shady neighborhood that he didn't know very well. His chest grew heavy and his muscles tensed, and his eyes went back to the bar. Guess it's decided, then.

Issei sighed and walked into the bar, his eyes immediately darting from left to right as he scanned the area for Fukai, whom he'd lost. Finally he caught sight of the man's red scarf, and his first instinct was to start walking towards him, but he stopped himself as soon as he realized how uncomfortable the interaction would be considering the unlikelihood of the two happening upon each other at that bar. Issei instead found a seat further back at a table in the corner and plopped down, resting his elbows on the table and sighing. In his mind, he was going through all the possible routes he could take home, but it was difficult since he didn't know any of the surrounding streets or alleyways. All he knew was that he was rather far from the living quarters, but if he could at least find a landmark like the University or something, he'd be able to find home safely. Still, things weren't looking too bright and he knew that he'd probably have to rely on Fukai, but he was unwilling to go say hello because he felt that he would need to explain why he was there. He continued complicating the situation beyond its scope until he couldn't make sense of it anymore and all he could focus on was the hard wood chair he was sitting on and the smell of piss and alcohol.

http://www.narutosaga.com/t23427-new-organization-ninshiki#18669

Fukai

Fukai

D-rank
The old bald bartender sat behind the bar rubbing a dirty glass with a dirty rag. One of his eyes sat on the glass but the other seemed to wander away from focus, somehow settling on Fukai. It was always a good idea to keep one eye out in these places but that was taking it too far. Little patters followed by some scratching came from the roof. The bartender let out an annoyed grunt and grabbed the broom that leaned against the wall and hurried out the back to scare away whatever was trying to get in. It would be no surprise if this place was a vermin sanctuary in the winter. Fukai's hands kept finding their way around the alcohol in front of him but he had lost the will to bring it to his lips. If the phrase 'you get what you pay for' rang true then this concoction would be no more than watered down dirt at best. Fukai had not bought the drink for the purpose of drinking so that was alright. It was so he had a reason for being there apart from following some stupid lead that a night apparition had given him. If it all turned out to be his mind descending into madness then it would be okay because he had always meant to come here for a quiet drink anyway... at midnight.

His heart slowed as he heard soft footsteps approach from the outside. He stilled every movement and waited to see what would come of it. A fit, white haired make entered. -It was Issei, the Kiri nin that Fukai had met only the other day. He had taken him out for lunch and they had exchanged a small yet oh so awkward conversation. What the hell was he doing here? Fukai was bewildered yet kept his motionlessness. Issei went and sat at a table across the other side of the room even though he was sure that he had seen Fukai. Was this guy really the soon to be perpetrator of ...whatever it was? He was a suspicious figure to be sure. A foreigner that seemed disconnected to the point of being cold. Fukai's anger swelled as his suspicion grew. He silently rose from his seat and walked over to Issei's table. His soft clothed shoes strode with purpose until he reached the kiri nin. In one swift movement, he would draw his staff and shove it across the front of Issei like a bar. He then hissed: "What the hell are you doing here?"

[430] /985

Issei

Issei

D-rank
Issei's eyes were lowered and staring intently at the tabletop in front of him which had some unsightly stain on it, so when he failed to hear the steps approaching, he was caught off guard and taken aback by a long staff moving fast toward him until it stopped just in front of his face, acting as a bar to keep him down. The red scarf made it all to clear who this hostile figure was, but Issei's instincts kicked in before his sense of self-control could. "Don't f*cking touch me." he said, in a level tone as his eyes rose and met Fukai's. They were filled with anger, as if Issei had done something to upset him. He wasn't sure what this meant, but he knew that he was ready to actively defend himself as he had always done. His mind flashed back to the surgeon and the agony he had been through. The pain, the blood, the tears. He felt his bones begin to quiver as new ones formed, beckoning Issei like a temptress, nearly breaking the skin but restrained just enough by his willpower to keep from tearing him apart and turning him into a mess. He continued glaring back at Fukai, neither afraid nor hurt but motivated entirely by self-preservation and a primal urge towards violence. What kind of scene would this cause? They were in a bar. He was from Kirigakure, which wouldn't be initially obvious since he hadn't brought his headband but could be discovered if he was brought to village officials. The situation wouldn't look good and he was only a Genin. What could he do?

Regardless of what he wanted to do, his kekkei genkai was already awakening and resisting it was starting to hurt him. The pain started in his legs and rose all the way up to his skull, and he felt his heartbeat pounding in his head like a whip against a tender back, trying to break someone's will. His bones were stabbing into his muscles, and if he continued resisting, he would end up with internal bleeding and, worse case scenario, develop necrosis. The aspect that he couldn't control was his eyes; they started to discolor, his gray irides brightening into vermilion moons against the now-black "sky" that was his sclerae. The veins in and around his eyes pulsed harshly, brimming with fiery blood that burned intensely in contrast to his cold attitude. What a monster he had seemed, for looking different than others, for having an unnatural ability, for having such a grotesque true form. Only the surgeon had ever actually called him that, and he never accepted it as truth. Now, more than ever, his "actual self" only proved him to be stronger than most. He wasn't one to be taken lightly. Despite this, he was smart enough to understand that there was likely a power gap between him and Fukai. If there was going to be blood on anyone's hands, without necessary precaution, it would almost certainly be his on Fukai's. He hadn't seen this person in battle yet; in fact, all he knew at that moment was that he used a staff, which had become fairly evident to him considering that was what was right in front of his face just then.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Fukai inquired, ferociously. Issei heard the question like a bark from an irritated dog. Violent images flooded his mind, some of what a potential conflict between the two would cause and some of himself being tortured like he had been so long ago. "As if I'd come here on purpose of my own free will. Tell me, Fukai, do I seem like the type of sleazeball who would frequent dilapidated bars after midnight in my free time? I would hope not, but if you think so, then you certainly haven't learned much about me in our meeting. In fact, I'm so unfamiliar with this part of the village that, believe it or not, I'm lost. I saw you so I came in to see if you could help me find my way back but I hesitated because I didn't want to seem like I was following you. Now, here you are shoving a weapon in my face like that's going to make me admit some nonexistent transgression that you expect me to have committed, and I'm thinking that I don't want your help finding my way back home anymore, and also..." His mouth twisted into a wicked smile as the possibilities came together in his mind while his eyes remained expressionless and steady.

"...that you might be overcompensating for something, questioning me so accusingly. What exactly are you doing here? Take your time answering that, if you need to. But get your damn staff away from me before I decide that talking calmly, like adults do, is futile."

839/1,404

Fukai

Fukai

D-rank
"Don't f*cking touch me."
Fukai's aggression had been met by an equal amount from Issei. This reaction did not surprise Fukai but all the same it wound him up. Had such a guy really dared to walk into his village and start making trouble? What was he up to? They maintained heavy eye contact but Fukai would not back down. He was starting to lose his cool. The chuunin could smash the surroundings into a pile of kindling from this position but something in the back of his mind stopped him. The man in front of him looked like he would snap out at him like a wary dog. Surprisingly, he started talking.

He started off in a splurge of words, saying that he was lost. He was in an emotional state, and Fukai knew that people tended to tell the truth or at least not monitor their tongue when running it off like this. In this situation, Fukai started checking himself, realising that maybe he had jumped to the wrong conclusion. What could he do to dispel his doubt. He now saw that acting on such weak information would be nothing less than foolish. As Issei talked, he wound in his staff a little so that it wasn't so intrusive. He was still a suspicious figure but to accuse him of something was out of place. Fukai realised that he had almost made one of the missteps that he had been worried about making, the sort that could screw him in the long run. Even if he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, at least he could rely on his instinct.

As Issei said his last words, the sound of footsteps could be heard approaching the door from the outside. Fukai perked up and shushed the kiri nin. He then smoothly slid into the seat across from him and stowed his staff underneath the table. He pulled his scarf tightly over his head and assumed a hunched over position, looking as inconspicuous as he could. In entered four figures, two men and two women who wore woolen jackets and cloth shirts. They looked like the farmers that occupied the lands southwest of the village, called the Wild West. They would glance over at the pair before making their way to the opposite corner of the room and sitting down. Fukai noticed something out of the ordinary with these people, they certainly looked like farmers with dirty clothes and faces but their physique was strange. Usually working men and women such as themselves had more of a wiry build, strong but lean, but these people had more muscle mass, the sort of fast twitch fibre needed for explosive movement. Were these the people that the boy had meant?

The bartender returned to offer them a drink but they turned it down, instead standing to leave. After such a short stay here, what were they doing? This coupled with Fukai's natural suspiciousness motivated him to take action. But he had learned from his most recent outburst that wild accusations were not the way to go. He would have to follow them to see what they were up to. They once more glanced at the pair of sitting shinobi before exiting through the door. Fukai turned to Issei after a few seconds. I have reason to suspect that they are up to no good and I am going to follow them. Come with me. Half of it was that he wanted the support, the other was that he did not completely trust his acquaintance yet and having him with him would enable the purple eyed young man to keep an eye on his elder.

[619] /1604

Issei

Issei

D-rank
Fukai proceeded to shush him. Issei blinked a few times in disbelief, and Fukai rushed underneath the table to hide from some people that had just entered. Issei's blinking was replaced with some vehement eye-rolling and an uncomfortable sigh as he scooted back so that Fukai didn't touch his legs. He hated being touched. It was so unnecessary and disconcerting. "What the hell are you doing now? What is this, a mission or something...?" he said under his breath, just loud enough for Fukai to hear but still out of earshot of the people that had come in. He was irritated but he kept his voice calm, and he crossed his arms over his chest. He didn't want to be there anymore. He missed his hotel and Issei's snoring. Finally, the four people that had entered all systematically left, which was rather strange considering they had just come in. They were obviously up to something and Fukai was intent on pursuing them. He got out from underneath the table's cover and addressed Issei once more, who looked back with a largely expressionless and disinterested face. "I have reason to suspect that they are up to no good and I am going to follow them. Come with me." Fukai explained, in a hurry. Issei remained in his seat, arms still crossed, eyes still glazed over with resentment towards this person who had just accused him not even a couple of minutes ago. His emotions had lessened significantly but the urge to yell at Fukai remained, though he had neither a real reason nor resolve to do so. It wouldn't change anything.

"You're taking me back after this. I hope you know you'll have to earn my respect again, any semblance of friendship we had is gone and I'm not so trusting the second time around. As I'm sure you're still suspicious of me, I'm equally suspicious of you." Having set his grounds firmly enough, Issei brushed himself off and stood, just below eye-level with Fukai who was taller than him. Since his kekkei genkai was active, though not currently being used, Issei's black eyes were illuminated by the blood red irises in their centers, which glowed like beacons. He didn't have to resist the bones, since he had calmed down, and he was prepared to fight by all means if that would mean he could get the night over with and end up back in bed at the inn. "Well? You lead the way. I'll keep up."

433/1,837

Fukai

Fukai

D-rank
Issei seemed to begrudgingly accept the idea of being lead on this adventure. Fukai could tell by his words that he was upset with him but this didn't bother the young man too much. As for the semblance of friendship that he talked about, the chuunin would much rather be sure that he was doing his job than make friends. Fukai nodded in agreement with the other man's statement and then turned to the exit. He eased the door open with a careful movement and grabbed one of the mirrored ends of his scarf and slid it out the door to see if the group was still in sight. They weren't, but he had heard them going this way so he would follow on and see if he could spot them. Before leaving the pub, he would motion Issei to follow before slinking out of the building. There was the possibility that the bartender was suspect as well and if anything turned out of this venture then he would have to return here and have a little chat.

The street was empty, as you would expect late at night. The sky threw a few stray drops of rain down onto him as he walked along the road. Fukai's stomach tightened as he started his track. Doing this sort of thing was not too out of the ordinary for him, but it usually took place outside the village, in the greater lands beyond. Having this sort of trouble in your own backyard was troubling to think about. He reached the corner of the street and once again utilised the mirror to see ahead. There they were, walking down the street about twenty metres away, making very little sound. They were watchful, keeping a 360 degree lookout for any onlookers. He retracted his mirror and turned to face Issei. He spoke in a low voice. "It looks like they are indeed heading towards the orphanage, although I don't know why. We should circle around and get there before they do". The idea was to find a good vantage point to watch whatever they were up to.

Fukai would then start off in the opposite direction at pace, turning around the corner to make a loop. They would find themselves at an overpass that was a few metres above them, Fukai would continue at it without stopping, running up the side of the stone wall and helping Issei up if he needed it. They would then take the direct route up to the old slate building which housed the orphanage. As they would near it, Fukai took care to scout ahead and make sure the coast was clear before settling in the shadow of a building that looked out over the orphanage. Here they would not be spotted by anyone that approached. We shouldn't have to wait long before they get here. "I just want to check something and then I'll show you home if you like."

[501] /2105

Issei

Issei

D-rank
The pair winded down the street toward some destination unknown to Issei, who groaned and sighed to himself with every movement. The darkness surrounded them ominously but neither of them were really bothered by it at all and Issei specifically was paying more attention to the moon and the sky than his current surroundings. Fukai told Issei that the group they were pursuing seemed to be heading towards an orphanage, and Issei assumed that meant they were up to some stereotypically villainous and dastardly deed that was all too predictable. They were probably gonna burn down the orphanage or kill all the children inside or something and apparently Fukai was determined to stop it, and justifiably so. Issei let out another sigh. He didn't care at all for playing hero, and he was in a foreign village helping a cause that didn't make much of a difference to him. Was he cold for not caring whether a bunch of orphan children lived or died? Maybe. But this wasn't a cruel inevitability for him, no, in fact he knew that he was an emotionally cold and detached person. He just really didn't care.

Fukai led them up the side of a wall and into the shade of an unimpressive building, where they waited. "I just want to check something and then I'll show you home if you like." Issei didn't give a verbal response, instead merely nodding to acknowledge Fukai's offer. It was to be expected, anyhow, so there wasn't much to say. He kept his eyes on this building that was supposedly the orphanage, waiting for the group of goons to do something explosive and dangerous or for Fukai to make a move first. Which was more likely, he couldn't really tell, but it didn't matter much because one way or another a fight would ensue and Issei would get pulled into battle by the ear. The last thing I need is to get myself killed out here trying to save a damn orphanage. I don't want to be a martyr for this shit. I want to go home, and not the inn either. I miss Kiri. he thought to himself, his eyes still intent on the scene unraveling before him.

382/2,219

Fukai

Fukai

D-rank
Fukai was right in thinking that the group of four would get there quickly. They slunk towards the building while keeping a shifty eye out. Fukai continued to watch while he spoke quietly to Issei. "I would appreciate any backup you can give me, but you do not have to come. The village of Iwagakure will surely compensate you for this favour." It was the last thing that he would say to the older male before focusing on the task at hand. If he did decide to come then it would probably come as a great advantage, if he didn't Fukai would risk it himself.

The suspicious figures were closing in, then once they were in a close proximity, they started sprinting towards the front door. The chuunin didn't move a muscle, knowing that making a premature move would give away the advantage of surprise. The first to reach it was one of the females that tried to twist the handle to no avail. It was locked, but that wouldn't stop them. She held a fist behind her and it glowed white before she sent it into the door. It crumbled under the impact and the four darted inside. It was clear by this point that they were no mere farmers, and that they were quite proficient as an operative team.

As soon as the last one went through the doorway, Fukai set off at top speed, racing towards the building. He had to get there as quickly as possible so that there would be minimal danger to those inside. His muscles pumped and feet scraped against the stone. His lungs heaved with anticipation of action, flooding his system with oxygen. Something on top of a building caught his eye and he glanced over while he ran. It was the mysterious boy, a silhouette against the navy sky. His Cheshire cat smile shined out from underneath the brim of his cap.

And then the lights flicked on inside the orphanage and a high pitched scream was heard. His attention was pulled back to the task at hand and he would burst through the front door. One of the women were standing over the night nurse, one of the men were standing in the eve of one of the rooms and the other two were further down the hall. Fukai would assess the situation and choose a path of action in a split second.

[406] /2511

Issei

Issei

D-rank
Everything started to get out of hand and Issei's eyes struggled to keep up with the change of pace. The four criminals' movements grew rapid as a sense of urgency dawned on them. Almost immediately afterward, a woman moved to the front of the group and blasted the door open with some sort of nintaijutsu, before the rest of them funneled into the building. Fukai took of racing towards them, clearly faster than Issei and determined to stop the assailants. Issei didn't really have a way to keep up, and with that he figured he should find some application of ninjutsu to enhance his poor speed. Even for his rank, he was below average since he'd focused far more on strength in his training. What he could manage, however, was assessing the situation at hand with a sensory technique. He started to follow Fukai in a jog as he brought his hands together into a Ram hand seal. The Katon chakra in his body started to intensify, bolstering into a heat that radiated just outside of his skin, like a shroud, and then beyond that, into the air around him. It continued until it started to shift as temperatures within it changed its feel, helping Issei to sense what was happening. Two of the criminals were within range; one was with an unidentified figure and the other stood in the doorway of another room. The remaining two had already continued further into the orphanage. Issei felt Fukai's presence as he stopped in his tracks, and soon, Issei caught up to him and they stood together in the room.

His eyes darted to the man with the previously unidentified person, who turned out to be one of the orphans' caretakers. He sized up the guy before addressing Fukai. "I'm not the strongest shinobi around, but I can handle this guy at least. I'll catch up once he's dealt with, you take care of the other three if you can." With that said and done, he headed toward the guy in question, whom he deemed "dead eyes" because of the look on his face. The frown on his own face parted for a moment as he spoke. "Back away from the nurse. You have to deal with me, now." he said, calmly. His eyes bored into his opponent as he mapped potential movements and offensive maneuvers by following changes in the Dead Eyes' heat signature. His hands tightened into gentle but firm fists at his sides and he let out a deep breath. "I'll give you the first move." he said, entirely prepared to defend against any attack able to come his way and retaliate with a counterattack twice as powerful. His blood boiled and his bones practically vibrated with the energy of his chakra, flaring up his crimson eyes and adding fuel to the "flames" of his kekkei genkai.

486/2,705

Fukai

Fukai

D-rank
As he ran towards that building, his body heated like the revving of an engine. The cool night air fueled each deep breath. Sucking it in, the oxygen flowed through his body. His clothed feet gripping the ground only long enough to pull himself forward. He could hear that Issei had decided to come along and assist him. He was grateful to have the help against these unmeasured enemies. The mystery boy standing on top of the building, showing himself as if to say 'I told you so'. Fukai wasn't sure about anything to do with the strange turn of events that lead him here but he would not give it any time as he had bigger fish to fry. As he approached the building, his right hand went behind his back and unhitched the staff from it's strap with a quick movement. He would be ready for any eventuality and try his best to react to whatever would occur.

He would burst through the door to see the invaders already somewhat spread out. One was standing over a nurse, two were down the hall and one last one was halfway through the door to the left. The older male caught up to him and spoke a few words. I'm not the strongest shinobi around, but I can handle this guy at least. I'll catch up once he's dealt with, you take care of the other three if you can. One verses three is definitely a lot better than one verses four, especially since Issei seemed to want to take the potential hostage situation and Fukai could focus on taking the rest down. He was glad that the man had briefly explained his limits and he felt like he could trust him to handle the situation over there. The man to the left had already started approaching where as the man and woman down the hallway had rushed back into view to check out what was happening. Fukai had possibly another second where he could take the first guy alone and he planned to make the most of it.

The front door immediately opened out into a large parlour, this was the day room for the children. Issei would go right and Fukai left to face their respective opponents. Fukai stepped forwards and the staff slid in his hand naturally. It was his fifth limb and he was as used to it as his other two arms. The first man was a cruel looking bugger up close, with small ratty eyes in the middle of a larger, scarred face. He had drawn his own weapons, a pair of oversized knives and was accelerating towards him. Fukai would lunge at him with the end of the staff pointed at his upper chest, meant to engage him and put the pressure on.

He held his knives across his chest in a v and intercepted Fukai's attack and pushed it up. He had kept up with the inital speed and this told the chuunin that they were no chumps. The man's knives started to glow and then push back the staff with an invisible force. By the looks of it, Fukai guessed it was some sort of chakra enhancement jutsu. Out of the corner of his eye he could see the other two enter the parlour and split up to try to make each exchange one versus two. Fukai realised that he couldn't let this happen, Issei wanted his space ad it would be best to give it to him.

He decided to intercept the man running past him. Fukai felt it was time to take the intensity up a notch. He channeled raiton chakra down his staff, turning it into a crackling spear. He rat eyed man's arms spasmed as they were in immediate contact through his weapon. The cuunin used this small gap to step out and swing around and down, slicing a gash through the other man's thigh. This would make him yell out in surprise as his leg spasmed and he sunk to one knee. Issei would be clear of any interruption for now but Fukai had put himself in a precarious situation. The rat eyed man had recovered and lashed out at Fukai. The chuunin narrowly avoided the strike but not the invisible enhancement, which tore into his skin and grazed one of his ribs.

The young man swiveled back whilst gritting his teeth through the pain. He would see that although one of the men was still getting up, the other two were upon him. He needed space and time that he didn't have. The rat eyed man was swinging around for a horizontal slice and the woman had jumped off a couch and was bearing down on him with her fist raised and glowing. He could try to use his assault flurry but that may only deal with one of the simultaneous threats with his weapon out of position as it was. He turned to the one thing that he always relied on when times were grim. He funneled as much chakra as he could into the blood red scarf that hung around his neck, hoping that he could do something with the animation jutsu.

The two ends rose up, and they were fast. They stretched out towards their victims with speed that he had never been able to achieve with the jutsu before. As the ends reached their target, they split off into several strands, each a scarf like limb in it's own right. They would coil around the knives and around the rat eyed man's shoulders and waist. The second end coiled around the woman in the air, wrapping her up like a bandaged patient. And then they pulled tight, the sound of breaking bone and splitting skin resonated from both of them as the chakra tempered edges of the scarf bit into their victims. The other man stood, only to have a raiton spear crackle as it pierced his naval.

Fukai was almost as astonished at the effective neutralisation as the three shady characters were. The scarf held the woman up in the air but her surprised yelp had faded away with her conciousness. Blood ran down the rat eyed man's chin, matching the blood that completely soaked his clothes. After another second, Fukai would put the woman down on the floor and drain the scarf of chakra, slowly retracting it. He asked the man next to him. Why are you here? The man tried to chuckle but ended up retching with blood and then keeled over. As the fight ended, he would become more aware of his surroundings, noticing a few children in the doorway, wide eyed and staring and a few more wailing at the viscious sight. Fukai would turn around and help Issei if he needed it.

Thank you for backing me up, I don't know if I would have been able to survive by myself. The unknown shinobi had been rather strong and experienced, and had some proficiency in what they were doing. What were they doing and why were they here? That was an important question that needed to be answered. But he wouldn't do it tonight, he would pass it over to the authorities and let them handle it from here. Something was up, and as for that boy, well who knew what that was about.

Fukai was grateful for the man and regretted suspecting him. I'm sorry that I jumped to conclusions and doubted you, although hopefully now you can see why I made such a hasty accusation. With that done, he would talk to the nurse briefly about staying calm and safe with the kids while he reported the incident. Then he would lead Issei back to wherever he needed to go and then carry on to the administration building.

[1322] /3833
~exit~

Training:

Issei

Issei

D-rank
Issei waited patiently as the man charged at him, eyes burning with ardent hatred. As soon as the man's weapon, a lackluster katana, was about to meet Issei's skin, the surface exploded into a mass of razor-sharp bones as Issei's ribs jumped from their original position out to meet the blade in defense. The blade was stuck inbetween the bones and it had no chance at fracturing any of them, let alone cutting through them, so Issei decided it was his turn. "A good effort." he said earnestly, his voice calm and his eyes focused on his opponent's blade. In one fluid movement, he maneuvered to the right and released his jutsu so that his ribs returned to him, letting his opponent's weapon continue into a slash that met air rather than flesh and thus had no hope at doing any damage. He could've managed a counterattack, had Issei's Shikotsumyaku not taken him by surprise, but by the time his weapon was free from the clutches of Issei's ribs, Issei's left leg was moving fast beneath him, sweeping his own legs and sending him to the ground where he landed with a hard thud. Issei climbed on top of him and punched him in the face, once, twice, no, three times, and by the time he was bloodied and hardly conscious, Issei started making hand signs for his next technique.

Realizing this was his last opportunity to get an upper hand, Dead Eyes used all of his might to push Issei off of him and imbued his sword with Raiton chakra, letting it pulse with electricity. Issei wasn't stupid, and he knew that one strike from that weapon would fry him with electrical burns or, even worse, paralyze him. So, before the blade could come down on him in a raging flurry, he rolled away in a backwards somersault and dodged the attack entirely. He had just enough leeway to lunge back at Dead Eyes and hit him square in the chest with a full-strength uppercut that launched him into the air. Just when the defeated man was about to hit the ground, Issei made the executive decision to make the physical trauma a little more debilitating and using the chakra he had bolstered, he slammed his palms into the ground. A massive bone instantly rose from the ground and Dead Eyes landed right on it, causing it to pierce into his gut. It wasn't sharp enough to bore a hole clean through him, but it was enough to draw blood and knock him unconscious on impact. Issei sighed as he released his kekkei genkai, causing his eyes to revert to pale green rather than blood red.

The bone remained there, holding up Dead Eyes who was bleeding rather profusely from his stomach and his face. He would need medical attention fairly if he had any hope of staying alive, but that was hardly Issei's problem. Just then, Fukai returned from the other room, assumed to have defeated the three remaining ninja on his own. Issei would've liked to see that battle, but he'd have to find another time to witness Fukai's skill, he supposed. For now, it was finally time to go back to the inn, and Issei decided it was also about time for him to return to Kirigakure. He would leave first thing in the morning, whether Isamu was ready to as well or not. The walk back was filled with uncomfortable silence but Issei at least respected the effort that Fukai put into protecting his village; that was the kind of dedication that he wanted to apply to his life and protecting Kirigakure, too. For what more does a man have than his home and the people he cares for?

[ Exit Thread ]

641/3,346

110/150:

Training:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.