You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sujin

Sujin

D-rank
It was the middle of the afternoon.  Creatures of every kind were scurrying about, even a mouse.  All this commotion was too much for Sujin, a more complacent fellow who would rather have a few minutes extra peace than be stuck in the loud, overwhelming crowds.  Which was the very reason he decided to break off from the bustle of the village and enter a construction site. The village clamor would become nothing more than a small hum when on the expansive plotted ground marked for some new major building.

He cut through the oncoming traffic of several late shoppers and ducked into an old alleyway. It seemed the closer it got to closing time, the more people got anxious and reckless in attitude. So, he quickly backed off and found his way to a more quieter part of the village.

There was about half a square mile of warded off area. He climbed over the simple fencing, ignoring the large signs that warned trespassers would be prosecuted by the Konoha Military Police Force. Something Sujin highly doubted would actually happen, as there would most likely be more than enough trouble for the Force to take care of elsewhere in the village. Especially considering the rising agitation of the people on the streets which he had witnessed with their more aggressive walking and pushing. Once over the fence, he made his way to one standing structure, looking more like a skeleton in structure than a true building. There were pipes and pillars holding up the five floors that had been laid. Wanting to get as far from the village noise, he climbed up the makeshift stairs of sturdy plywood left by the workers to reach the fifth floor.

Sitting down on the edge of the building, Sujin let his feet dangle over the precarious drop. His back leaned against a metal pole that was bolted in place, presumably set up to hold another story or more of the building as it slowly would be built up to greater heights. The wind had picked up only slightly, brushing his rather long hair out of his eyes and allowing an unhindered view of the village's skyline.  Getting more peaceful, he took a deep breath of the fresh air and let out a deep sigh.

"Wonder who the lucky ones are that will get to take in this view everyday," he thought aloud. The building was sure to be a nice one, and most definitely would be out of his meager paycheck that he was earning as a simple Genin. He continued to dream up the possibilities of what the area would look like, despite the fence outlining the construction site having printed a picture of what was soon to be built.

Post WC: 460

Last edited by Sujin on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Shogo Misao

Shogo Misao

D-rank
Misao hummed a little tune as she was walking home, Her leaf headband around her right arm for a change. She continued walking until she came across an old alleyway. "I think I can take a shortcut if I go this way." She thought as she ducked in to the alleyway. It was after a few minutes she realized she was a little lost, she paused for moment and looked around. From the point from the side of a tree, Misao Shogo carefully studied the trees rising all around her, and found where they ended. A small clearing leading out to a nearby construction site. The materials had already been delivered, but only partially assembled.

As she walked closer she could see the framework for the building but, then she noticed something odd. Looking up she seen a pair of legs dangling over the side. "I hope someones not hurt." She thought before deciding check it out. Getting closer Misao called up hoping whoever it was would answer. "Hey! Are you ok up their?" She called out hoping whoever it was wasn't hurt.

Spoiler:

Sujin

Sujin

D-rank
OOC:

The village looked so much more peaceful from up on the fifth floor. Curls of sunlight flowed through the clouds, creating streams of light that trickled down through the cracks of the buildings before hitting the roads. Light always ran into different objects that redirected its flow, from clouds to canopies to straight up buildings.  And with each passing hour of the day, there was the increase of shadow.  However, it was still the middle of the afternoon when Sujin's peaceful respite was interrupted by a calling voice.

"Hey! Are you ok up there?" came the voice.

Having been leaning back on his elbows, Sujin's ears told him the voice came from below and in front of him.  Pushing himself up to an upright sitting position, he popped his head over the edge of the building and looked down.  Sure enough, there was a young girl with bright pink hair gazing up at him. He couldn't tell any discernable features about the girl from this height, but from what he could make of the call to him, it seemed the girl was a bit concerned in tone. Nothing about her seemed to strike him as a potential snitch that would get him in trouble for being in the construction site.

"I'm quite alright," Sujin answered back. "Just enjoying the view."

He continued to watch the girl to see her reaction. Would she leave him be or head up to him? In all possibility, there was more choices of what she might do, but his focus was whether or not he would remain alone or be confronted by the girl. He had wanted to get away from the village crowds, but one little girl wasn't going to create nearly as much of a nuisance as those crowds. Sujin folded his arms and rested them on his lap, continuing to peer down over the edge of the building, his dangling calves swinging playfully in the air.

"Are you okay down there?" he would ask in sarcastic jest, a small smirk coming to his lips after calling out to the girl.

Post WC: 353
Total WC: 813

Last edited by Sujin on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Shogo Misao

Shogo Misao

D-rank
Misao let out a sigh of relive, as the boy said he was fine. She was glad she didn't have to save anyone or report someone dead. "Are you okay down there?" The boy asked in sarcasm. The sarcasm was lost on Misao as she thinking the boy was really asking decided to answer back. "Well...I am kinda lost.." She responded thoroughly embarrassed that she lost her way.

She took a look around and sighed before it clicked. She immediately face-palmed. 'I should of realized I was in the old construction zone due to the materials laying around. Wait, I heard somewhere this area was off limits because of safety concerns.... Wait, why is he here? we could get in big trouble.. ' Her thoughts trailed off. "Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid!" She exclaimed in her frustration. "Hey, why are you up there? you a worker? Shinobi?" She called out wondering if he was actually allowed to be here.

'If he isn't a worker then he must be a shinobi to be up that high... I hope he is one of our shinobi and not a enemy.' She decided to find out herself and climbed up to where he was to get a better look. When she approached she looked up and could tell he towered over her small size and hoped he wasn't an enemy. "You do have a headband don't you?" She asked the young man in front of her. She really hoped he would be friendly but, was ready to run if it was in fact, an enemy shinobi or missing-nin.

Spoiler:

Sujin

Sujin

D-rank
"Well...I am kinda lost.."

Sujin's smirk faded at this. So she was lost? He'd been lost plenty of times, but there were always people to help point him back in the right direction. Konoha may seem like a sprawling village, but it still behaved like a small town in how friendly and helpful the people were. All the girl had to do was ask. He was about to suggest such a thing when suddenly the girl shouted at herself.

"Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid!"  

Sujin raised one eyebrow at the girl's behavior. Very odd, he thought and instead of speaking his earlier suggestion, the girl looked up and asked him another question. "Hey, why are you up there? You a worker? Shinobi?"

Now it seemed he was on the edge of being in trouble. He held his tongue from immediately responding, choosing to let himself think of a good response than just going with whatever first came to mind. And time is what he had, for he noticed the girl began to climb up to meet him.

Seeing this, he decided to stand up and back away from the ledge, waiting for the girl to get up to the top of the building. When she arrived, she had yet another question. "You do have a headband don't you?"

This girl sure does have a lot of questions, he noted. "Yes," he began, using his right hand to push his hair off his forehead to reveal his headband with the Leaf's symbol. "I'm a shinobi, like you, it seems. What are you, a genin?"

Sujin decided to take a tone of authority as he posed his own question. "You said you're lost, but you do know it's not allowed for anyone to be here besides the designated workers?"

Post WC: 305
Total WC: 1118

Shogo Misao

Shogo Misao

D-rank
She sighed in relief after she spotted his head band and ex explained he was also a shinobi of the leaf. She visibly relaxed glad that a fight had not occurred. "I'm a shinobi, like you, it seems. What are you, a genin?" He asked Misao. "Yep Sure am! Although....since I graduated early I haven't been put on a team yet..." She said slightly sad that she wasn't on a team yet. Misao perked up as she continued, filled with renewed enthusiasm. "But! im going to become the best medical shinobi the world has ever seen!" She said cheerfully to the other Shinobi.

"You said you're lost, but you do know it's not allowed for anyone to be here besides the designated workers?" The other Shinobi asked in a kind of strict tone. Misao put her finger over her lips for a second before deciding what to say. "Well, Technically I never said out loud that it wasn't allowed for anyone to be here besides the designated workers.... But look around, There are signs at all the entrances.....its not exactly confidential information..." She trailed off for a second Then out of embarrassment continued. "I don't have a very good sense of direction and thought it would be fun to take a shortcut...I guess I got turned around a little..." She said blushing as she looked at her feet. After being on the top of the building she could see where her clans compound was. It wasn't big but, it wasn't small ether. Her little "Short cut" through the woods had turned her around and she was now double if not triple the distance she started at. 'At least I know where I'm at...' She thought.

In order to take some of her embarrassment away she tried changing the subject. "I'm Misao Shogo Nice too meet you." She announced her name with a child like grin which, wasn't to surprising considering she was still only ten. "Whats your name?" She asked the tall guy in front of her.

Sujin

Sujin

D-rank
"Yep. Sure am! Although....since I graduated early I haven't been put on a team yet..." The girl said with a combination of pride and sadness. It was strange to hear such emotions, but it seemed to be something of a personality quirk of the girl's as she continued with renewed pride. "But! I'm going to become the best medical shinobi the world has ever seen!"

The girl had some gumption. Sujin could see that much. And if the girl's abilities in the medical field were as big as her energy and pride in it, then he could definitely see her obtaining such a goal. It was a smart goal, something he appreciated hearing aside from all the rabble of other genin that would make oaths of grandeur, trying to reach the highly coveted position of Hokage. Because of this, he took a bit of a liking to the little girl in admiration of her choices of aspiration. She was someone that would be unique and vital to be around.

She spoke again, answering his question of whether she knew the construction area was off-limits to non-personnel. "Well, Technically I never said out loud that it wasn't allowed for anyone to be here besides the designated workers.... But look around, There are signs at all the entrances.....its not exactly confidential information..."

What she said puzzled him. She hadn't mentioned anything about the rules before, but now she was acting as if she did. Maybe she thought she had said it out loud? But at least she understood that only the designated workers were supposed to be here and at the very least, she wasn't questioning his being there anymore. She then went back on the subject of her being lost, getting embarrassed enough to only stare at her feet, just before jumping into a cheerful introduction of herself.

This girl really is a roller coaster, he thought. "Nice to meet you, too, Misao. I'm Sujin. Of the Nara clan." He would hold out a hand for her to shake. If she did, or even if she didn't, he would then go on to try and help her out. "I can try and point you back in the right direction, if you want. This is as good a spot as any to find your way around the village."

He decided the best way to keep his skin out of trouble would be to distract the girl with other problems besides the issue of why he had been here in the first place. And if things did get turned back on him, he was searching his mind for a good reason he could use as to why he was up there so as to knock off any suspicion on him.

Post WC: 470
Total WC: 1588

Shogo Misao

Shogo Misao

D-rank
"Nice to meet you, too, Misao. I'm Sujin. Of the Nara clan." He said offering out his hand for a shake. "Nice ta meet ya Sujin!" She said shaking his hand, her hand dwarfed by his. 'His hands are huge.' She thought noticing the size difference, which wasn't a surprise considering she was only ten and still small for her age. "I can try and point you back in the right direction, if you want. This is as good a spot as any to find your way around the village."
Sujin said. Misao noticed something but decided not to mention it. 'He is nervous for some reason..' She then put two and two together and it clicked. 'The reason he is nervous is because since we are not workers we could get in trouble! that means if im caught I might not get to be in the next chunnin exams! we need to get out of here!' She thought, now fully aware of the situation.

She decided to take him up on his offer, however, she wanted to make sure her new friend didn't get in any trouble ether. "Um.. I hate to ask but can you come and show me? its kinda hard to spot and im pretty sure we aren't allowed to be here... I'm not going to tell, however if we get in trouble we might not get to be in the next chunnin exams...." She said worried she would miss the next exams like last time.

Sujin

Sujin

D-rank
The handshake was a bit dainty, but only what one could expect from such small hands. It was another sign of their age gap. Something of which struck a chord in Sujin's soul. Nearly every genin he had come across in the past month were all many years younger than him. However, it was the odd look on her face after he'd finished speaking that made himself raise his eyebrow questioningly. It felt like she was noticing something about him, as if there was dirt on his face or a piece of lint in his hair. Whatever it was that had caused her to look at him in such a way, he was hoping he'd be told soon enough.

And then she spoke, however it was completely back on the topic of getting out of the construction site before either of them got into trouble. It must have been apparent to her that Sujin was out of place here. Quite the deductive thinker, he thought. And here I thought I'd be left alone.

Since he had offered to help the girl there was no backing out now. His me-time was over and done with. Reflection and relaxation was something he rarely found. There was always something or someone getting in the way of that. Not that it concerned him too much, but it certainly did get frustrating. But then his mind got sidetracked by the girl's statement on their possibility to lose entrance into the next Chuunin Exams if they were ever caught.

The comment made him chuckle. "Right, definitely don't want that to happen, he said sarcastically. The girl's head was in the right mindset to be a fellow ninja of the Hidden Leaf. Yet another person that had a different view on being a shinobi than him. Well, let's get back down there.

Sujin would lead the way, heading down the stairwell on the side of the roof until he would reach the bottom. Once on the ground, he would quickly make his way to the nearest fence and jump on top of it. He would land in a crouch, glancing to check on the girl. "So now that we're on our way out, which way are we heading? You did look around while we were up there, right?

He only just now asked and he certainly hoped the girl did give a look around before coming back down with him. Certainly, it was his own fault for not first making sure they knew where they had to go before he headed down, but it was too late now to change things. Something like how his life had been him doing his own thing and realizing later he could have done the work a whole lot better. He had always gone ahead without seeing his mistakes until too late. If he continued like that, he knew his parents scolding about his behavior would finally come back to bite him in the end. As a shinobi, that bite would most likely mean death. Hopefully this was the one little moment that would make him learn from his mistakes for the first time, and do things better on the next go.

Post WC: 541
Total WC: 2129

Sujin

Sujin

D-rank
The girl seemed to shut down at this. She had been so eager to find her way back, but now she was still standing at the top of the tower. Roles reversed from when they had first met, Sujin decided to wait awhile. Probably just getting her bearings before she heads down. However the minutes ticked by and he could tell the girl must have been trying to get him off the tower so she could enjoy the peacefulness herself. At least, that's the idea he came up with.

"Clever little snot," he muttered to himself. "She totally took my spot."

Realizing he had been hoodwinked by a little girl, he leapt off the fence and landed outside of the construction zone. It was a welcome defeat and one he would take well. The girl had shown some impressive cunning and wiles to get such a victory over him. Either way, he was ready to move on now and head back home where food would be awaiting him.

The whole walk back he imagined what snack he could prepare for himself until it reached dinnertime. He would have to take something quick, otherwise his mother would catch him if he took too long deciding or preparing. She never did like him eating snacks right before dinner, yet it always took so long to cook food he could not help himself. The aroma of the cooking also made his hunger and patience battle it out in a more furious manner. Usually the hunger won out when such a delightful dish was being prepared. In fact, a mathematician could probably make an equation to the level of aroma created by his mother's cooking to the overpowering strength of his hunger when weighed against his patience to wait until dinner was finally ready. Sujin chuckled to himself at this thought, as if a mathematician would even waste time coming up with such a silly equation. Yet it held some truth, especially as he passed a ramen restaurant that oozed goodness in the form of sweet and delectable scents. Still he forged ahead until he reached his home, greeted warmly by his mother as she stirred something worthy of salivating over in a pot.

This is gonna be a great meal, he smiled to himself as he peered over his mother's shoulder. Stew night was the best night.

{Exit Thread}

Total WC: 2526
Training Genjutsu Reflection (C-A rank jutsu): 1208+2526/3000 Complete!
WC Remaining: 734

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.