View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Aeko  Empty Aeko Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Jagi

Jagi

D-rank
Symbol:
Aeko  HMKxAiu

Clan: Aeko (安依子一族, Aeko Ichizoku)Aeko  ObDEjtu

Kekkei Genkai: Ancient Wisdom (古代•悟性, Kodai-Gosei)

Specialization: Ninjutsu, Taijutsu (recommended, not required)

Clan History: This is no clan. This is something far beyond.

It's spirituality.

Ancient Wisdom does not awaken itself in a specific line of people, a clan, per se. It may be concentrated there, but by no means does it limit itself to one strict set of genetics. The Aeko are only a select group whose origins and traditions lie heavily within their zeal. They do not worship a god they can see, nor one they associate with any one thing. They, rather, revere the world and its workings. Not placing it on high nor giving it any special properties, such devotion lies solely within what could be called appreciation.

Their abilities developed slowly fom this; their extraordinary way with the manipulation of elements and their attunemement with nature arose from their great respect for the things that compose this world. The supreme chakra control came later, when the clan became attuned to the idea of internal energies, and perhaps this is also around the time that chakra and ninja arts became widespread. Their adeptness with many ninja arts was an evolution in self-defense of the peaceful lifestyle they always led. The Ninja Wars doubly devastated the numbers of this people; the initial casualties not sufficient, the mindset of wars and between wars led to a decrease in the number of people who shared such ideals. Even at this time, only a few small compounds remain, ever willing to take in those that share their ability. Not to proliferate, no, nor to become a great and known clan.

Yes, the truest wish of an Aeko is to do a most spectacular thing:

To live. To be. To be free.

Kekkei Genkai Description: As a general trait, all Aeko possess hyperpigmentation of the iris, with comparatively normal or even small amounts of melanin. This means that no matter what color it is, the iris will be piercingly vibrant.

Clan Taijutsu Style:

• The forms and techniques of the Aeko are a spiritual journey exploring the energies of the body and of the earth, very much akin to Ninshū. (They use Chi, not chakra, to execute techniques; however, due to Chi flowing through the meridian systems of the body and being a form of energy, it interacts with other chakra as if it were chakra itself.)
  • Aeko are so attuned with nature in mind, body, and chi that they are unable to be differentiated from the surroundings by Sage Mode and sensory techniques derived from its method. They can use Supernatural  Walking Practice on any surface made of a naturally occurring (forged metal, for example, is excluded). They must know at least one Specialization to control their energy to this extent, however.
  • Due to their heavy attunement with nature around them, and their control over their inner energies, Aeko can learn a third specialization and element at D-rank. They can learn their fourth specialization and element at C-rank. They can train their fourths to A-rank for 10000 words apiece.
  • They can use multiple elements in the same jutsu due to their complete mastery.

Drawbacks:

• Aeko cannot learn Kugutsu, and cannot use metal weapons or wear metal equipment or flak jackets. Wooden bladed weapons are only effective up to D-rank; A or S-ranks are as effective as C-ranks. Alternative materials are typically not the preferred ones for a reason, and these items are as durable as an item of 1 rank lower. (They obtain no Starter Pack items except a Hitai-ate of wood; if a Ronin, they receive an item of equal value to it.)
  • Aeko may be able to attain great feats of ability, but they do not get there easily; such people to fall under this 'clan' are known for being quite mediocre ninja without proper motivation or guidance due to their spirits being so free. (This may be the reason that a good deal of th do not become ninja at all.) No Aeko starts with Primary or Secondary specs or elements; they must learn them for 1000 words and train them according to the Guidelines. (However, they do not need to pay Ryo to be taugh these first two without a player teaching them.)
  • A spec/element may not be learned or trained until the spec/element preceding it is (1. Two ranks higher than the ninja's rank, and (2. One rank higher than the rank the second, third, or fourth spec/element is going to be trained to.
  • In addition, learning or training specs/elements at any rank takes 1000 extra words.
  • The training for specializations and elements must be relevant. Normal social topics cannot be used for this.
  • An Aeko gets no Academy jutsu, and must learn them as a regular jutsu.
  • Senjutsu may not be learned as a D-rank ninja.
  • They are taught to use resourcefulness and strategy as opposed to raw power; they have one less S-rank jutsu at all ranks. In addition, whatever S or SS-rank jutsu they may obtain cannot be Offensive.
  • Aeko must train each rank of the Energy Extending Art as if it were its own jutsu. This does not cost Ryo.
  • They must take the Peacemaker trait without balancing it.
    Spoiler:

Members:
Kekkei Genkai Jutsu:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Jagi on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:53 pm; edited 16 times in total

2Aeko  Empty Re: Aeko Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:12 am

Ayabozu

Ayabozu

D-rank
KKG

I. Love. This. Clan.

Amazing kkg description, one of the best i've seen.

Though, a few things. You literally describe their technique as Hiden after saying it is not. You say it's a heavily guarded style and that no others can grasp it, as i imagine it is not openly taught to others. Just a nit pick.

I would like you to pick either specs, or elements for those buffs, as that is a MASSIVE advantage over another character. Just in versitility. I would be fine with a character choosing which they are in a two seperate path sense and needing to post which on their character sheet, but, not both.

Drawbacks

I would like them to have at least two active drawbacks, many of the ones you have are easily overcome with a little extra writing, while things such as being invisible to sage sensory are clear definable combat advantages. And need to be balanced with combat disadvantages. not having an S rank jutsu is a good one, but it only matters very late.

Jutsu

A clan can only have one scaling jutsu. Sadly.

You will need to pick one. Which i will mod after it's picked.

3Aeko  Empty Re: Aeko Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:07 pm

Jagi

Jagi

D-rank
Having to learn not just the extras, but everything else from scratch, and all at a higher WC would balance out a little more than, say, the Shogo clan for instance (where they start with all three, and get a 10% WC increase on secondary elements only and Hesitant Element). It is certainly not so little as is implied in the previous post.

I have, however, added a few more thematically correct drawbacks that I hope will fit your likings. I had intended that training the techniques as outlined in KKG would make the bit on scaling jutsu a bit more lax, but if doing so is insufficient I will change it without chagrin. Should it come to that I will choose the Energy Extending Art as my scaling Technique.

4Aeko  Empty Re: Aeko Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:29 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
KKG

In practice, is chi any different to chakra? Ie, things that hit chakra pathways, will they stop your jutsu? or will they have no effect? Cos, I don't think I'm going to approve a clan that is immune to everything that targets chakra, because they don't use it. Just a heads up. if it's just a fluff difference, it's fine, and I have no issue.

"I would like you to pick either specs, or elements for those buffs, as that is a MASSIVE advantage over another character. Just in versitility. I would be fine with a character choosing which they are in a two seperate path sense and needing to post which on their character sheet, but, not both. " - still applies.

and, just so you know, anyone can use multiple elements in one jutsu. They just have to do that as they app the jutsu.

Drawbacks

Are fine.

Jutsu
2/ This needs a max range per its rank, and I would like you to also not be able to move while practicing. Or say that while moving it is only ever activated at its bare minimum.

5Aeko  Empty Re: Aeko Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Jagi

Jagi

D-rank
Nope, Chi is functionally the same, since it also flows through the body's meridian system.

Tweaked spec/element to progress slower.

Attempted to fix the jutsu. It's minimum ranges are listed and can only ever be multiplied by meditation (staying still).

6Aeko  Empty Re: Aeko Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:33 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Okay, in that case in the KKG section I would like you to make a little note that Chi interracts as if it were chakra. Because i can see people taking this clan and thinking "ohmygod! this clan is broke, because they don't use chakra. meaning everything that would effect my chakra does nothing!"

(Mental note to self: Make a null clan. No chakra // not effected by chakra.)

My problem with the specs and elements thing is not how easy they are to attain, it is the fact that they are attainable. Work to get them is only a curb depending on a person's activity, someone who posts twice to three times a day with 1000 word posts won't find any word count increase particularly difficult. Might take a tad longer, but its not going to inhibit them. They are however, at the end of it all going to be VASTLY stronger.

That's why I was asking you to pick one, out of specs or elements to take that D rank to A rank and bein with a third spec. Imagine a ninja with three specs and elements in the chuunin exams. It would be rough, they would always have elemental advantage on you or at least be neutral and would always be more versatile. Except for those clans with advanced elements, who also, by proxy, begin with 3 elements.

If i can make an observation, you could look at this two ways, the clan are SO focused in taijutsu, that they would not really focus into other specs. But rather elements for their taijutsu. Which makes them having the elemental advantage make sense. Or, you could spin it because they focus so hard into training specs, they have the advantage there while elements would kinda be on the backlash.

It's up to you, but being able to have 4 elements and 4 specs none of which are lower than A rank, to me rings alarm bells. I understand you have put in a lot of stops to balance this, and I admire that. But i would like you to limit players to choosing one. Specs, or elements to excel at. I think both, is just too much. Considering you also have permanent free Supernatural walking practice AND free immunity to senjutsu sensory.

Sorry if i'm being a buzzkill and that this post is long. I'm just trying to give you my reasoning.

7Aeko  Empty Re: Aeko Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:28 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Aeko  2ryk94o

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.