You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Delivery Boy (mission) Empty Delivery Boy (mission) Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:36 pm

Godric

Godric

D-rank
The letter had arrived in the early morning by messenger pigeon, Godric was chosen to help out at the post office. He had been in the village hidden in the clouds for a couple of weeks and since he was low on cash he had gone to the administration building and put his name and information down on the list to offer his assistance with any missions the village might need help with. "Oh goody I get to be a mailman" Godric said sarcastically as he read the letter, he did not assume that the village would ask him straight away for a high priority mission but a mailman of all things? It was so redundant, he would of rather have gotten something that was a little bit more exciting than delivery post go a bunch of people but he was not going to argue they can give him a couple of ridiculous missions to test his resolve before they were willing to trust an outsider with something of more importance. Godric slid himself out of bed and headed over to the bathroom to take a shower, he was lucky that the innkeeper had been nice enough to give him a room to stay in free of charge provided that he helped out around the inn, when the innkeeper had learned that he was also helping around the village doing missions and other odd jobs for the citizens he had been more than accommodating and allowed Godric to work during his down time, so Godric got to pretty much choose when he would work at the inn which lately had been in the evening time. Having finished his shower he dryed himself off and threw on his clothes, he needed to get to the post office soon but he also needed to eat so he would have the energy to perform the task he was set with, on his way down stairs he noticed that the innkeeper already had his breakfast ready for him some eggs, sausage, bacon and a biscuit. "Figured you would be hungry before you headed out" the innkeepesaid greeting Godric at the foot of the stairs with a smile, "thank you" Godric said grabbing the plate and sitting down at the nearby table. Scarfing down the meal as fast as he could manage without choking, Godric rushed out the door without a second thought and headed off for the post office.

"Of course they would assign me with one of the boring jobs" Godric said to himself as he took off down the street running as fast as he could to get there and get the job over with, "gotta make a good impression so that maybe the next mission won't be so bull shit." Godric soon arrived in front of the post office see many people running in and out of the building, "damn who would of thought it would be so busy" Godric said to himself as he looked down at the note he had received maybe he wasn't the only one who received this message from the post. He thought as he headed through the doors of the building. The inside was even more intensely busy with so many people bustling through the room was terribly crowded and so many people in such a small area always made Godric a little nervous, it will be for the best if I just get in and get out as soon as I can Godric thought to himself as he made a beeline for the postmasters window on the far wall from the door he had just entered. Pushing past the people as politely and as fast as he could just wanting to get back outside where there was more room and he would not be in closed with so many people. Reaching the counter was as easy as one would expect having to push their way through the crowd that filled the post office, "yeah what do you want?" Came a very disgruntled voice from behind the counter, looking to the source he saw a rather large man who appeared to have been up for weeks and was dead on his feet, " umm" he started to say in response before he was cut off by the same disgruntled voice "come on kid I don't have all day I have a full work load ahead of me and we don't have any umms." Godric was a little taken aback by the way the man spoke to him but decided it best not to object as he still wanted to make a good impression so that maybe next time he won't have to put up with a man so rude. "I am responding to this" Godric said in a little upset tone tossing the letter onto the counter in front of the man, the man leaned over and peered down at the note.

"Ah yes here you go" the man said handing Godric a bundle of five letters "those all need to be delivered by noon before everyone goes to lunch" noon? Godric thought to himself as he looked to the clock on the wall behind the man, it was already almost 10 O'Clock he quickly looked down at all of the letters addresses, "these are all across town there's no way I can get to all of them by noon" Godric said to the man sitting behind the counter. The man did not seem to care what Godric said, he just simply smirked and replied "well looks like you should of got here sooner then what you did" before turning his chair around facing away from the desk. It was obvious to Godric that arguing was not an option and would waste what little time he had, so without another word he took off pushing back through the crowded room and headed for the door. Once he was outside he took another look at the addresses, one for the library, two of them went to the market place, one to the administration office and then the last one went to the skybar. Godric thought for a few seconds figuring out how he should proceed with the task, luckily he had been growing accustomed to the village and had a pretty good map drawn up in his head, he knew the library was the closest of his targets so he decided to head there first, and without another moment of hesitation he took off for the library. The street to the library was near empty and so  it was easy for him to reach without any problems or wasting time, "here you are ma'am" Godric said as he handed the first letter to the librarian without waiting for her to answer he took back off out the door and straight for the skybar the next closest target. The bar was more crowded than the post office almost as if everyone in the village had come to blow off steam or something, pushing through the crowd Godric made it to the owner delivering his letter before pushing his way back out into the street. The market place was next and he didn't have any time to lose the crowd at the bar had already slowed him more than he would of liked and he still had three more deliveries to make before he was done. Once he arrived at the market place was when trouble started, the market place was full of shoppers and merchants all pettling their wares, now he had to track down the two people he was looking for. After about twenty minutes of searching he found them delivered their letters and took off at full speed for the administration office with the last letter, "I still have fifteen minutes left I can do this" Godric told himself as he ran down the street. Running straight through the door Godric slammed the letter down on the desk of the receptionist before doing a quick jig in excitement, he had done it all the letters had been delivered and with five minutes left to spare.

WC:1358
Mission -1000
Speed to D-1 -325
Words remaining 33
Exit thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.