You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 2 of 2]

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
There was a brief pause between them as he said his last few words, indicating that a gift should be something the gift giver wished to convey to the recipient. With this imperfect world around them, it was always a difficult process to relay how one truly felt with actions and even words, for the thoughts and feelings a person possessed were far more complicated than they could actually put in to words. In Seiryū’s mind, that was how he saw the world. For as much interacting as he often wishes to do, his tendency to go back to his shell once he was to close was indicative of that. He doubted he’d ever be able to explain his thoughts and reasoning behind performing such an action, one that could be seen as cowardly, but his reasons would always remain his own. They would always be a difficult concept to explain, though he never had to explain it to anyone thus far, but the thought always lingered in his mind. Seiryū’s meeting with Mari tonight brought him no such thought, for the probability of meeting her outside of this year’s Chuunin Exams favoured in them never crossing paths again than it did; though he wished that they could meet again. It was not that he wanted to avoid any future interactions with the blue-eyed female, but rather taking in to account the size of their world and countless amounts of people inhabiting it.

Seiryū caught sight of Mari edging towards a counter with numerous petite objects, none which he had eyed too closely, though that had been applicable to the entire shop minus three specific items; the Gyūki plushie, the plushie he had purchased for Mari, and the wind chime that had brought upon a whole array of thoughts. She had spent less than a minute there, having picked out an item and exchanging ryo with the clerk before turning back to face Seiryū.

“Seiryū-kun... I have never been very proficient at buying gifts for other people, perhaps it is because I have often never had someone I could give a gift. Though, I believe you are right, that gifts convey what feelings someone has for another person. So… I hope you can understand my feelings with this. Hopefully, you will accept it.”

His eyes peaked down, taking look at the object in her hand. The chain which indicated the item was a necklace due to its length, though it appeared that it would weigh absolutely nothing due to how thin the links of the chain were, making the silver appear as a blank slate of snow. Gold had caught his eyes, though he knew for certain it wasn’t real gold or silver due to this being a souvenir shop, nor would he want Mari to spend much on him, in fact he’d have preferred her not to get him anything. Thin and long, in terms to their relative size, the three cylinders would hang from the chain, a miniature wind chime in comparison to the real thing. At first, he made no move to take it from her; simply letting his eyes absorb the image entirely, taking in the chain, charm, her hand, and then her person. His personal number of gifts received increased by one, though the actual figure was still within the single digits and below three. His life never allowed him to have such a luxury, at least not until today.

A genuine smile graced Seiryū’s lips, accepting of the gift she had bought for him, even if he didn’t need one. He’d make note of this occasion, for it was something he’d consider… special. There was no thoughts of him avoiding this meeting, for he figured this would be there one and only meeting, unless the slim likelihood of them running in to each other ever occurred again. Him not accepting her gift would not only be rude, but be untrue of his wants. Slowly, his hand reached out towards hers, the one which held the chain. The ringing of the chimes echoed in Seiryū’s ears like the previous sounds of the larger chimes. While the necklace would be impractical to wear on missions required of him to remain quite, he appreciated the gesture, while trying to completely absorbs the meaning behind the gift. At first, his fingers lightly touched her skin, hovering just above them as he reached for the chain. His index and middle finger would softly lift up the chain, letting it fall on to his own fingers. Seiryū’s grasp on the object was infinitely tender, almost as if he was afraid of breaking the item with even the slightest of force. Moving it so that the necklace dangled directly in front of his eyes, his purple orbs went to meet Mari’s blue ones. “Thank you.” The words escaped him quietly, as if he had simply whispered the words out loud. While Seiryū couldn’t fully grasp the meaning she was trying to convey, he tried his own interpretation of it, for even the most fleeting wind would cause them to chime, just as their meeting had started. Something as simple as listening to a street performer had led to… making a new… friend? He wasn’t sure if they could even call each other that, but they weren’t exactly strangers or acquaintances either.

After a few seconds ticked by, Seiryū went to put on the necklace, letting it rest against the outside of his shirt. The chimes released a light sound once more as the bounced off his chest before settling there and not producing another sound. “Is there anything else… you wish to get?” He asked, though he’d let her get whatever else she required for herself, knowing one gift was enough for today – tonight. With her answer, Seiryū would wait if she needed some more time, attempting to finish off the rest of his takoyaki. “Where to next? He’d let her decide once more, knowing that each second that passed was another second closer to their departure. It was just a simple matter of time before Seiryū’s stomach would be sated and the energy he had left draining away from his body, ready to recharge with an indefinite amount of time.

1062 of 11811 Total Words

Masayoshi Mari

Masayoshi Mari

D-rank
“Thank you.”

Two simple words escaped his lips, the girl blinked once in surprise. She knew it was usually said when someone was giving a gift to another person, yet those words almost seemed foreign to her. She had trouble remembering the last time she had gotten a gift for someone, or even ever receiving one. It felt odd, though she didn’t mind it. Mari welcomed this strange wonderful feeling of giving and receiving, and perhaps what made it so unconventional was the fact that the two had never met before tonight. She wanted to assure that tonight would not be easily forgotten, with both gifts given to each other, there was something physically there to remind the both of them.

Within a few moments, Seiryū put the necklace on, the chimes dangled in the air producing what little sound they did, before resting gently on his chest. The girl looked the man up and down now that he had the little piece of jewelry. He had accepted the gift without any question, though with the previous words of gifts conveying feelings to one another, she had to wonder if he questioned her feelings. She couldn’t quite put it into words, she could only hope that maybe he would understand that she just wanted to… wanted to… get closer to him. She had friends and family, yet it seemed as if none were really that close, both in distance and in a relationship wise. It was a faint hope that she would leave some sort of lasting impression on him, a good one. She wanted to show that she was a caring person, and while she may never know his story, for likely such a delicate history would not make its way into their conversation, she simply wished that perhaps she would be part of it.

“Is there anything else… you wish to get?”

He asked, though Mari wasn’t sure how to answer. She really didn’t need anything more now that she had her souvenir and she had even gotten one for him. She shook her head with a simple, ”No, I believe I am fine.” She didn’t bother asking him, for he had already said that there wasn’t anything he really required.  She realized that her gift wasn’t exactly a Spartan necessity like the silver haired man preferred, but she hoped that it could still have some sort of meaning.  

”Where to next?”

Mari tilted her head in thought, holding the small plush close to her chest. She never really traveled around with the thought of plans in mind, and tonight proved no different. Most of what occurred, their encounter, the takoyaki stand, even the gift exchange, was something that happened under unplanned circumstances. Neither could have known that the night would turn to its events with the musings over tragic music. Mari much rather preferred things to take on whatever life they ended up turning to, worrying about the future and making sure it went exactly as planned always seemed too troublesome. The girl could never really understand why some people were like that.

”I do not know.” She answered, looking up to his purple irises.  ”I have nowhere else I wish to go, specifically.” Mari added, she wondered if time was ticking its way to the end of their encounter. She wouldn’t mind if it did go just a little slower, make the moment last as long as it could. Yet both knew full well that time was not such a lovely inevitability. The tip of her thumb brushed against the soft fuzzy layer that belonged to the toy in her arms, perhaps she was thinking of something more to say than what already had, though no words came easily to mind. Perhaps they could look around at odd souvenirs a little longer, or search for the stand of another street vendor, or just to listen to the street performers sing away at their songs. She really had nothing in mind, but was open to anything he suggested, even if it was perhaps, just a little walk together before they had to say their farewell.

How long had she been out already? Tiredness wasn’t exactly something that Mari easily conveyed, as she usually just had a relaxed demeanor about her. Before realizing it, the girl was already stretching her mouth out in a small yawn, showing a hint of sleepiness. She blinked a few more times and then rubbed under her left eye with the back of her hand. ”Excuse me.” She said politely afterwards. Perhaps she was getting a little tired, the idea of resting somewhere was always nice. If Seiryū wished to go somewhere else, she would follow. If he decided to follow her, she would likely just find somewhere to rest and fall quickly asleep. The latter option seemed slightly rude, yet when the girl was sleepy, she was sleepy.

825/11432 Total Words

>.> I'm really sorry but I don't know where to take this

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
“I do not know. I have nowhere else I wish to go, specifically.”

The provided answer gave Seiryū a slight insight to how the rest of the night would play out, even if he already had clued in on what was going to occur no matter the situation. For starters, the night was beginning to draw to a close, at least that’s how he current saw things. As much as he enjoyed Mari’s company, he didn’t truly wish to occupy her time more than he already had, though the exchange of gifts gave way to the feeling that she didn’t mind his company, like he did hers. Their time so far, while short, certainly was proving to become memorable, with both of them having a physical object that directly related to the course of actions they had taken tonight. While the objects were not a direct representation of the events, they both symbolized the meeting in which occurred between Seiryū and Mari. Even if they parted ways now, the necklace and the plush toy would likely be significant reminders to each about this particular meeting. All things considered, there didn’t seem much to do when one took in to account how late it was truly getting, especially on a night when Seiryū wished to avoid loud noises in particular.

The sound of a stifled yawn made his ears perk, his attention returning to his companion. Perhaps that could be taken as a sign for their night to conclude, for them to part their separate ways and call it a night. For once they lulled themselves to sleep; a new day would arise, and filled with as much wonder as the previous one. Even if he wished to continue on with the night, he could only assume that Mari was slowly falling to the song of sleep, one that wouldn’t stop until her eyes rested. Seiryū himself would likely be awake for another hour or so before his remaining energy would drain, and the need to rest would call upon him. Perhaps, just that simple sign from Mari, even if it was unintentional, would be enough for them to call it here, for he couldn’t see any other method in which to aid such a thing. Caffeine would only do so much, and even that he figured wasn’t the best option available, as sleep itself would provide them with the best available answer. Of course, that meant departing ways and while wholly expected, it wasn’t something he was eager to do, as company was better than nothing, but there wasn’t a situation in which he pictured that their adventure would span more than ten more minutes.

“I suppose our adventure is coming to an end.” Seiryū supplied with a light tone, implicating that he figured them parting ways now would allow them to do whatever they needed to do. For Mari, likely sleep. “I didn’t know I was boring enough to put you to make you tired.” Inserting a bit of humour before the inevitable, Seiryū’s eyes twinkled with their earlier mischief. As for what he was going to do, perhaps wandering aimlessly for a few more minutes before he decided to pack it in and rest for the next day. Knowing the likelihood of meeting again after today was drastically low, it only felt right to do a more… normal farewell, compared to his usual dismissals about meeting another time. “Well, it certainly has been a pleasure meeting you.” With a smile, Seiryū’s words flowed out easily, even if he was unused to having to do so on prior occasions, though beyond that he was lost. What was it that friends said to each other when they would likely not see each other again. Feeling it best to simply leave his words for what they were, he’d await Mari’s response before making his way… to do whatever he sought out to do, which wouldn’t accumulate to too much on this particular instance.

678 of 12489 Total Words
I believe we can wrap it up now, its been enjoyable. I'm also stumped on where to take it from here on, so concluding it may be best.

Masayoshi Mari

Masayoshi Mari

D-rank
“I suppose our adventure is coming to an end.”

An ending to this adventure? It was surely inevitable, and the girl had the idea in her head before yet now that it was actually happening, it still made her sad to see it end. She had enjoyed the time that she had spent with him, unfortunately it was just true that she getting tired. Mari nodded her heading understanding, it made sense. The two had spent their time together and done what was needed to be done, along with a few things that happen to come as their time together developed.

”I didn’t know I was boring enough to put you to make you tired.”

A spark of mischief returned to his eyes, Mari smiled at the joking gesture, even adding in a small giggle. Might as well make the best of things as the situation could be. Though he too probably felt saddened at the separation, she was glad that he could still find some humor. The idea of seeing each other again was something they both hoped would happen, yet also something neither wanted to bring up. It was the life of a shinobi, a life they both understood well enough. She wondered if he had ever had to say goodbye to anyone without hope of seeing them again. The experience was foreign to her, she simply held the small toy plush he had given her close to her chest. She had never truly thought about it, but the closest goodbye similar to this she could think of was about eight years ago when she said farewell to her parents as they left to resume the raison d'être of their clan: Traveling historians, missionaries of justice, recorders of good and evil, et cetera.

Her mind wondered to his parents, and the simple ringing of the wind chimes her mother had hung on the balcony. Those wind chimes had remained on the balcony to this day, the girl had no reason to take them down. She imagined back in Suna, a night wind would cause the chimes to ring throughout a sleeping desert town. Poetic in a way, but the wind chimes simply reminded her of the time when her mother was home. She couldn’t know what his story was, she would likely never know.

”Well, it certainly has been a pleasure meeting you.”

So that would be it, the end. A goodbye, the kind of goodbye where the parties know they will never see each other again. He smiled as he said his words, probably trying to make this farewell as comfortable as it could be. The girl nodded her head once again, her eyes scanning over the gift that hung around his neck and then back to the toy in her hand. They weren’t exactly strangers anymore, could they be called friends so easily? Perhaps the best word could be called acquaintances, at the same time she wished she could be called something more.

”I would say the same, Seiryū-kun.” She continued using that nickname. It was fitting of him, she thought it was anyway. And though it was something that should have been used for familiarity or intimacy, perhaps that was how she would show that she thought that they were more than just acquaintances. ”I… thank you for spending your time with me. The musician, takoyaki, and the toy, this night shall not be something so easily forgotten.”  A small smile escaped onto her lips, sad to say farewell, yet grateful for the time that could be spent together.

”I wish you the best. And if it is not too farfetched of an idea, I hope we may see each other again.” She held her head down in a small bow of farewell. It was contrary to the idea that both held in their heads, yet there had to have been some hope despite the reality of the situation. Mari would wait for his response of goodbye to take in the last words she would hear from him for an indefinite amount of time. Afterwards, the two would make their separate ways. He to wherever he happened to be spending his time in Kumo, and the girl back to her hotel room to find a bed to sleep in.

719/12151 Total Words

~Exit Thread~

It has been fun Sei-kun~! ^_^

Training:

Last edited by Masayoshi Mari on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
“I would say the same, Seiryū-kun. I… thank you for spending your time with me. The musician, takoyaki, and the toy, this night shall not be something so easily forgotten.”

Taking her words for face value was something he could easily picture himself doing, for Seiryū would have a physically representation of their time together, a constant reminder of this meeting between two complete strangers. While the object, to anyone else, would hold no significance, Seiryū assumed that this night would be a constant reminder to him about the item, whenever he chanced a glance upon the item. The necklace itself was foreign to him, this being the first time in a long while that he had an item to call his own and it not having any practical use in his day to day life. Accessories weren’t something Seiryū sought after, nor found the need to own or wear, but perhaps here he could make an exception, even if it would be slightly out of character for him. He already knew that he’d at least keep it safe, though wearing it on a constant basis was yet to be seen, for he just couldn’t see himself doing such for some reason. But, regardless, Seiryū would make sure not to lose it.

“I wish you the best. And if it is not too farfetched of an idea, I hope we may see each other again.”

He could easily say the same for Mari, for he would easily wish her the best… with whatever her goals in life were and for becoming a better shinobi, through other means beside the Chuunin Exams. As far as meeting each other once more, while he certainly wouldn’t mind such an instance occurring, Seiryū wouldn’t get his hopes up for such a meeting, believing that the chances of such happening wouldn’t be for quite some time. Their occupation as shinobi certainly wouldn’t help in that case for death and uncertainty were practically written in with the job description, knowing that it would likely occur one day and there was no avoiding it. As she bowed to him, as a sign of a farewell, he returned, even if such things weren’t really in his nature.

“Perhaps… one day.” Seiryū smile was strained, believing that the likelihood of it happening was slim, but he wouldn’t shoot down her wish outright. By vaguely alluding to it, Seiryū figured that was the best way to go about addressing that aspect. Rather, he found it simply best to focus on the present and if their paths happened to cross in the future… well, that would have to be dealt with when that time came. Hopefully, it wouldn’t be as enemies, but who exactly knew what would happen with the world they lived in and the careers they trailed after. “Mari-chan, I hope you had a good night.” Seiryū responded for his last few words, the last ones that would pass between them for whoever knew how long. One day, they may run in to each other, though Seiryū wouldn’t be counting on it happening… at least in the near future.

-exit thread-
533 of 13022 Total Words

Training:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.