You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Empty The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:18 pm

Joruri

Joruri

D-rank
It was the last scheduled check up for Joruri at the hospital after his mission a few months ago. It had been quite a while ago, but the memories of the faces of his squad mates were imprinted on his memory. He had promised that he was going to stop any ninja from becoming 'missing-nin.'

It was kind of why he wanted to become a member of the ANBU Black Ops, but they were the ones who performed the covert missions. The so-called 'dirty' missions where they assassinated any who were considered a danger to the village and the Land of Fire by the Hokage... It was... Certainly dangerous to become one, and as any thrill-seeker, Joruri was wanting to be on adventures, but his primary goal was to become a well-known shinobi throughout the entire Ninja world.

A member of the ANBU Black Ops couldn't achieve that, not in his mind. But, that wasn't what was important to Jo anymore. Now, he needed to finish his last checkup at the hospital and then he'd never have to return there. That is, if he never suffered an injury that would bring him there.

The waiting room had people waiting for their checkups, and visitors waiting for their time to see their loved ones. It was... Relatively empty. But he was certain it was about time to go i-

"Joruri Kansen-Suru, you may go up," was the voice of one of the nurses and in moments he rose up to go past the nurse's station, and up the stairs to the doctor's office.

"I hope you didn't have to wait too long now, Jo..." The words were said as soon as he opened the door and he went in...

The process itself hadn't taken nearly as much time as he thought, and he knew he had plenty of free time for the rest of the afternoon. A small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth as he exited the room.

WC: 351

Shinako

Shinako

D-rank
Shinako exited her father's room to the sound of his wheezing. The man had not awoken for the entirety of his daughter's visit, and she was told that he may never awake with his old sharpness ever again. As she closed the door behind her, Shinako thought about how difficult it was to make her peace with that fact. Now that her family visited with less and less frequency she had even taken to wearing her shinobi clothing, in the hope that if her father woke up he would see her and be proud.She still did girlish things for the attention of her father. In a way, she would always be his little girl.

As she approached the entrance of the hospital she walked by someone who she thought she recognized. Sure enough, it was Joruri, who had graduated from the ninja academy with her. She was on her way to do some training, and decided that she could use a distraction for the rest of the day.

"Hello there. You are a Shinobi, if I am not mistaken."

Shinako gave a warm smiled that reached her eyes, exposing that it was genuine. She bowed formally, as a sign of respect. She remembered how difficult the academy had been for many of the students, and was always careful to respect the shinobi around her.

"How are your preparations for the chunin exams coming along?"

The young woman wore one of her customary red kimono and long pants. Her sash today was a bright yellow, as was the band lashing her hair into a loose ponytail. She wore very short sleeves today, leaving her shoulders exposed, as she planned on training at least a few of her physical skills today, despite how bothersome she often found it. Her supernatural walking techniques needed quite a bit of work, and she had to practice at least her basic yawara from the jujitsu classes she had taken as a girl.

With the chunin exams fast approaching, Shinako often had dreams about some large brute of a genin scooping her up and crushing her.

352/352

Joruri

Joruri

D-rank
Just as he was about to leave the hospital himself, a woman who walked with a familiar gait passed by him. Do I know her? She did walk in a familiar way, which was a hint to how he looked at most females, but then she turned to him when she had just passed him.

I do know her! He exclaimed mentally as she stated he was a shinobi. Well, of course he was. They had graduated together after all, to simply give up the tale of a shinobi was a waste, especially after finishing the prologue, and finally starting the first chapter.

In response to her statement, he tapped the headband on his forehead with a smile that did indeed reach his eyes. It had been a while since he had interacted with Shinako. In the past, after their graduation he had seen her around the Village, but he never pursued her for a conversation. Not much of a reason to he was certain, if it happened it happened. Besides, chasing after someone only to talk? Now that required a lot of energy!

Then she asked about the Chunin Exams. For a moment the almost always confident look that was in his eyes wavered, but only for a split second before he replied with, "I've discovered some new techniques that tie into my Clan's Kekkei Genkai." He shrugged. "I can only hope I've perfected them by the time the Exams start." He rolled his shoulders back as his gaze flickered over her shoulder for a moment towards the world outside. "What about you, how's your training?"

Joruri wasn't one for the brighter colours, he wore a black shirt with the Kansen-Suru clan insignia imprinted on his back, right between the shoulder blades. Accompanying that was his black shorts. Altogether his whole outfit probably accentuated his pale complexion, but he was getting darker with all of the training he was putting in recently.

"So, why were you here?" He asked politely enough as he slowly took steps around her to show that it'd be best to walk and talk.

WC: 360

4The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Empty Re: The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:13 pm

Shinako

Shinako

D-rank
Seeing that Joruri had pointed to his leaf village headband, Shinako felt slightly silly. She reached into her satchel and pulled out her own headband, tying it around her waist, over her sash like an obi. She seldom wore it when walking about town, because she disliked the attention of being a shinobi, much less an older genin. She followed Joruri's gestures to move along as they conversed, happy that he too was leaving. Matching her stride to his, she spoke in a cheery voice, attempting to shake the cob-webs of the hospital from the remainder of her day.

"I was visiting my father. He is ill, and will be spending a lot of time here," she chose not to dampen the conversation by bringing up the particulars of her father's illness, nor its severity, "I visit in the mornings, mostly, but stayed a little bit later today."

In fact, she had been spending almost every morning here, at the expense of her own training. When most other genin went out to the training grounds to practice twice a day, she would slink to her father's bedside, unsure if it was hope, love, or duty that called to her the strongest. Most of her training had to be done in the afternoons and evenings. Some nights she stayed awake, leaving the Nara grounds just in time for visiting hours. Her odd schedule showed itself in the dark rings developing around her eyes. She could not be described as well-rested, as of late.

She pulled another half-truth out of her back pocket. Though she was far from confident in her own abilities, she knew that with every passing moment her possible competitors for the Chunin examinations were getting stronger. It would not do for her to reveal to them that she had been slacking.

"My training is going well. I will hopefully have enough general knowledge and shinobi skills to make Chunin in the upcoming tests. I'm determined not to let the weight of the moment overwhelm me."

Though her look and her voice outwardly did not betray her, she was terrified of the advancement proceedings to come in the next few weeks. When not worrying about her father, she was preoccupied with how little she truly felt like she was doing to prepare.

390/742

5The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Empty Re: The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:40 pm

Joruri

Joruri

D-rank

It was a surprise to hear her say that she was visiting her father. Although it was to be expected when you mostly kept to yourself and spent most days training when not on missions. It was hard to practice jutsu when you had a Kekkei Genkai after all. There were only so many people that could teach you how to control it better, and the fact that he was probably one of the only Jiton users in the Leaf Village, it didn't make it any easier for him to learn.

Well, back to her father, "I'm sorry to hear that."He said politely enough. But he was glad that she was already taking the conversation away from her father. Even though he had brought up the subject, he always felt awkward in situations like that. Like, how are you supposed to proceed? Continue to talk about it, they usually just made the person sadder or madder, depending on how they coped with the situation. Moving on was definitely a relief for him.

The Chunnin Exams...

He didn't know where they were going to be held yet, but he could only hope that it was a place that would make it a lot easier for him to use his Kekkei Genkai, and the other jutsu that he employed.

Sunagakure would be the ideal place I should think. He thought in their brief silence. Already his mind was wandering to the future. A place that he never liked to think about. Kumogakure could be good too, but it all depends on how far I've advanced with it, and what the location is. He groaned, but it was more or less to himself.

General knowledge?

If there was anything that people who interacted with Joruri should understand is that in most situations he was fairly straightforward, his opinion was stated with such surety that many mistook him for speaking in a tone of condescension. "General knowledge and skills won't get you through the Chuunin Exams. There will be people there with special jutsu that we've never seen or heard of before." He gave her a sidelong glance to gauge how she was reacting to his words. Was she going to react negatively, or how one would normally react when given someone else's opinion?

Although he was less afraid of his future opponent's abilities, and more afraid of his lack of experience when it came to his own. "It seems like we've both got a lot of work to do, huh." He said after sliding his hands into his pockets as they walked through the streets.

WC: 475

6The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Empty Re: The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:58 pm

Shinako

Shinako

D-rank
As they walked away from the Hospital campus Shinako listened to what Joruri had to say. Though she came from a long line of shinobi, she admittedly did not possess much perspective on what the exams would actually be like. She had never had a chance to speak with her father about his trials, and refused to ask the woman who was currently the head of her household. She thought about the long catalogue of Konoha Hiden Jutsu that had been passed down through the years. The Sarutobi earring that dangled almost down to her throat was but a symbol of the power that lay hidden in the village. For all of those reasons, she was sure that the shinobi of other lands would come prepared as well. In short, Joruri was right.

"I'm sure, however, that your clan's bloodline jutsu are formidible. It is not everyday that something so special is preserved in such a way."

The Nara's abilities were not inherent to their heredity. With enough practice she could teach anyone Inton. It was for this reason that true Kekkei Genkai fascinated her. Every time she saw a member of the Hyuuga clan she found herself looking into those milky eyes as though the simple force of her stare could show her what those eyes could see. In classes at the academy Kekkei Genkai were seldom discussed, as both they and Hiden Jutsu were considered to be private.

"I believe in the leaf, and in the will of fire," she was glad that she managed to sound more sure of the statement than she actually was. "Our shinobi techniques are second to none."

The final part of the sentiment was true. Nobody could truly say that they were actually better than the Hidden Leaf Village, though there were many claims to rivalry. Shinako thought about how uncomfortable she would be discussing her family's shadow manipulation with an outsider. From a young age she had studied rules on when such discussions were permissible, and was sure that Jururi had been given similar training. Out of courtesy for her conversational partner, she decided that it was best not to ask about his abilities, no matter how curious she may have been.

375/1,117

7The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Empty Re: The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:17 am

Joruri

Joruri

D-rank
In the Academy, the talk of Kekkei Genkai was quite justifiably void. Those words didn't exist in the Academy's walls, and if it was uttered, it was simply because of a legendary ninja. And even then if they knew of a Kekkei Genkai, the chances of them knowing what it fully entailed was close to zero.

"You're right. But if I remember correctly, your family's jutsu was apart of quite the legendary formation. Or so the books say." He shrugged. When he had first become a Genin, reading was his forte. He read more than he trained, and although it left him with a vast understanding of jutsu's and Konoha's history, he still didn't have his own experience with them.

What made Kekkei Genkai special was the fact that every user was able to use it in a way that made it special to them. To use his Kekkei Genkai, Joruri would be forced to journey all the way to Sunagakure to receive the answers he wanted. There were most definitely shinobi there that could teach him he was certain, but it'd probably be best to just speak to his own family about it.

We're only genin, but the Chunnin Exams are a big part of our future. There was a groan from him again as they walked through the Village. To where, he had no idea. They were simply walking.

"Maybe" He said thoughtfully. It was said to himself, more than in a response to Shinako. Although she may have been right their shinobi skills were second to none, it didn't mean their shinobi's experience was at the top either. "Anyway." He said, in the hopes of changing the subject.

"Tell me, Shinako Nara, when you retire, what kind of ninja would you have wanted to be, and what would you want to be doing in your retirement?" Yeah, he did ask the real questions.

WC: 355

8The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Empty Re: The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:34 am

Shinako

Shinako

D-rank
Shinako looked back over her shoulder at the location of the Hospital. Every day when she left it behind her she longed to return; not in the immediate sense, but someday. She glossed right over the mention of the Ino-shika-cho formation used by her ancestors. She was not even acquainted with any members of the Yamanaka or Akimichi clans who were her age, and could not remember the last time that they had worked as a team for a common goal. All three clans were in disrepair as of late. She decided that Jururi was simply being polite in mentioning their former glory, and accepted the compliment with a smile and a nod.

It was is second question that really gripped her. She walked in silence for a few moments, perhaps the space of four breaths, before answering.

"I would like to be remembered as someone who helped others. The corps of medical shinobi here in Konoha is my target placement. Of course, I will go wherever I am needed, but that would be my dream-job."

Her father had often expressed high hopes of his sons becoming medical shinobi. They had become run-of-the-mill physicians instead, practicing rigorously academically, but leaving the dangers of the shinobi world to others. Shinako had embarked down that path once as well, before deciding to become a genin. At the end of the day, her lust for travel, foreign places, and adventure far outstripped her need for comfort, and she took great solace in the current days at knowing that someday she would have a chance at realizing her father's dream, even if it was not something that was meant for her.

"We all have those who we care about. I suppose that at the end of my career I would simply like to be able to say that I cared; for the wounded, for the sick, for those who couldn't help themselves."

Shinako brushed a stray strand of hair from her face and looked at Joruri expectantly. He was not so young as some of the others that she had graduated with, and she was sure that he had a story to tell.

"What about you, Joruri-san," she used the formal honorific to once again express her respect for his skill, "what is your dream?"

390/1,507

9The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Empty Re: The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:52 am

Joruri

Joruri

D-rank
Out of the corner of his eyes he saw his companion stealing a glance over her shoulder. With the faint hints of a smile on his face, he thought it admirable that someone cared so much for another, even if it was expected of a child to care for their parents. In those few minutes that they were getting reacquainted with each other, he could tell that she was dedicated to her family and to the Land of Fire.

He brushed a stray lock of his white hair out of his eyes. "He's not going anywhere, you know." It was said as a passing comment, nothing too serious. Although there was a bit of a joking tone to it. He wanted to make light of the situation she probably felt that she was trapped in.

Joruri knew that Shinako would understand what he was doing with his previous statement. She was mature like that he supposed.

She wants to be known as someone who helped others, huh? A Medical Shinobi. He wouldn't have gotten that out of her, but he shrugged. It was why he asked the question, he expected a surprise but he didn't know what kind he'd receive.

To help others though, to train yourself to dedicating your time for others? That wasn't something that he could understand, and although the chances of him questioning those who did so was practically null, he was kind of curious as to what motivated someone to help others like that.

"My dream is to simply be remembered." He said softly. "Hopefully as a great tactician and an even greater combatant on the battlefield. To have my name imprinted throughout the whole world's history for centuries to come." But at this rate, he couldn't see it happening. Maybe just in Konoha's, but in the whole shinobi world? Not yet, not even close. Maybe he'd be able to judge that when he got to the Chunnin Exams, wherever those were being held.

WC: 340

10The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Empty Re: The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:15 am

Shinako

Shinako

D-rank
Secretly, Shinako thought of all the times she had seen her big brothers or often the children of the village darting around, throwing paper shuriken at each other and playing shinobi. Almost every one of them had, at that age, the desire to become Hokage, or another massively memorable figure. She supposed that there was something admirable in retaining that sort of dream in the long-run, but it always struck her as somewhat childish. She had never fostered such a dream for herself. In fact, whenever Shinako thought of Hokages, her mind inevitably wandered to Lady Tsunade, who had served a very short term and never truly wanted the position.

"I hope that your dream can be a fruitful one. Just remember always that as you go we are all behind you. If there is anything that you can ask of your countrymen, do not hesitate."

Shinako found that her steps had almost instinctively led the pair to the training grounds. She had intended to get some work done from the beginning, and it seemed as though the path had become so familiar to her that she had not even stopped to think that she was travelling it while in the depths of a stirring conversation. Had she known him better, she would have thanked Jururi for the distraction.

As it stood, Shinako did not have a training partner. Her long hours were spent alone, practicing mostly Inton techniques, which she supposed had the most opportunity to surprise the other shinobi at the Chunin Exams. However, if she was completely honest with herself, the life of a shinobi could be lonely enough without alienating others through reclusive behaviors. She had not been assigned to a team, as the Jounin had chosen mostly rookies of traditional ages for their squads. Her desire for companionship finally got the better of her.

"Joruri-san," she paused for a moment as though unsure of the etiquette for asking a person such a thing, "if you wouldn't mind, and if you aren't terribly busy...would you like to train with me a little bit?"

352/1,859

Exit thread--Continued Elsewhere

Training:

Last edited by Shinako on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

11The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Empty Re: The Last One [Shinako/Private/No Kill] Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:43 am

Joruri

Joruri

D-rank
When he read the history of the village, he knew in the time of Lady Tsunade he had a forebear to his legacy. Or maybe it was someone who simply had a similar Kekkei Genkai, but in the books it was written that there was someone who had destroyed the entirety of the Village Hidden In The Leaves.

The enemy had been capable of pulling people towards him with a powerful technique. He could do the same but the opposite of pull, push. Similar powers, is he the first to show such skill? And ever since that day he longed for more knowledge on the one known as 'Pain,' but there was never more. What he got were civilian authors, no books written by actual shinobi. They were probably forbidden to do so when he came to think of it. It was a shame really, it'd be an opportunity to teach himself powerful techniques for the Chunnin Exams.

But, he shrugged. His thoughts had wandered to a long time ago when he had actually sought out answers at the library. Even though that sometimes he could be caught inside there reading a book or two about 'Hidden Jutsu,' and how to unlock them, he had lost almost all hope on finding anything about the 'Kansen-Suru' Kekkei Genkai of Jiton.

"I thank you for your support, Shinako-chan." For what seemed like the first time in their entire conversation, he referred to her as what should be her respectable title. On his face though, there was plastered a genuine smile. Loyalty, was something that he cherished greatly, friendship too, but he wouldn't be caught dead saying so.

Joruri, for what seemed like the first time had finally realized in what direction they had been heading in. It appeared they had arrived at the Training Grounds, and although he wasn't against training at such a time, it was in fact what he was on the way to do, he didn't expect to do it here.

"Certainly, I was going to be spending my afternoon doing so anyway." As he walked onto what appeared to be a grassy and open field. There were multiple levels to the training grounds, one could find training for ninja tools, simple open fields for meditating, and where they were, with multiple miniature 'arenas.' "You wouldn't happen to be apart of a squad yet, are you?"

WC: 409
TWC: 2290
--EXIT THREAD-- Continued Elsewhere.

Training Speed from E0 to D3

Training Speed E0 > D3 | 2290 Words - 1925 Words = 365 Words Left

Training Reaction Time from E0 to E2

Training Reaction Time E0 > E2 | 365 Words - 225 = 140 Words Left Over.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.