You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:11 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
OW

Just as he was stirring awake, Raishi had bumped his wounded shoulder on the frame of the bed that he now slept on, discomfort prevalent in his position and continuous sighs. He had been wounded by an encounter with quite the formidable opponent, from the last mission he had taken. Of course, Raishi had been successful in this mission, but at the cost of acquiring several injuries all over his body. Most of the lesser bruises and cuts had subsided, thanks to the well trained staff at the Iwagakure hospital, but a jolt of pain still shot through his body overtime he even thought of moving his right arm. The shoulder blade had been badly damaged due to being hit by hammers. Although all the sever damage on his shoulder had been treated, the pains still remained. He had the option of staying over at the hospital, but decided against it and instead headed home to sleep. This decision proved to be one of Raishi's worst.

He could barely sleep because every twist or turn equated into a sharp reminder throughout his body due to the injured shoulder. Given up all hope in finding peaceful sleep, Raishi then sat up on his bed painfully. His last encounter, although a success, proved only one thing to Raishi; he was still very weak. He needed to get stronger. He looked out of his open window, up at the clear night's sky, with the moon glinting down innocently on his cheeks. It was a cool night, or rather, still quite early in the morning; perfect time for some training. Upon making this conclusion, Raishi quickly reminded himself of his current injured state, which meant that he could not train as rigorously, but he still needed the training. Despite being a Jounin level shinobi of Iwagakure, Raishi's power was nothing compared to Chu Bu,  cheap thug that ran all gangs and affiliated businesses with his grimy fists. noted, Chu Bu was in fact a strong opponent, but Raishi should have been able to easily defeat him. But he couldn't. in fact, if not for Iwayama's aid, Raishi probably would not even be alive! I can't continue like this.. he whispered to himself as he struggled to stand up from his bed. He needed to get out, to do something. Anything apart from sulking on his bed all day.

It was then that Raishi headed out of his home, to the one place where he knew he could think clearly. The Waterfall Point. This was by far, Raishi's favourite location in the entire village, not only of it's cool and soothing ambience, but also for it's amazing view of the village itself. Overtime Raishi was there, he felt an overwhelming calm and peace in his system, that just seemed to wash away all past worries and problems.

Raishi walked slowly to the Waterfall Point, feeling the cool early morning breeze brushing softly against his chick, evaporating the minute droplets of sweat that had been forming from his rook. Even before he arrived at his 'thinking spot', Raishi's mind had already drifted off, leaving his body on autopilot to direct itself to where the point was. Rash was thinking about his ambitions, goals and ultimately ways to attain them. All of a sudden, he began second guessing himself, and questioning his own trail of thinking as he always did on his stress free days. In fact, it felt like he was doing it out loud this time, but he didn't mind or care. It was too early in the morning, a time where people would already be sleeping. nobody can see me.. he giggled to himself, finding the whole talking to himself situation funny.

Now arriving at the beautiful location, Raishi could make out the lusciously green marsh, and the sparkling water that flowed and crashed ; even with eh absence of light, it was still a beautiful place to be in, and the view of the village, although dark, suggested a sort of serenity. Smiling to himself lightly, Raishi made to sit down (in doing so, causing a sharp pain to his shoulder) and closing his eyes, contemplating life.

Word Count: 705

2Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:02 am

Ashi

Ashi

D-rank
Early morning. Bright sunshine. Too bright. Ashi cringed as a ray of light shined precisely in her eye, sniping her from more than 92 million miles away. Stopp... She rubbed her eyes and woke up, with Mitsu's face being the first thing she saw. She shares a room with her twin brother, and recently they've been sleeping in the same bed more and more often even if they have two. It's just more comfortable that way. For some reason Ashi felt wide awake, and already knew she couldn't go back to sleep due to the cursed sun. Ashi got up slowly and gently, trying her best not to wake Mi-chan up. Despite her razor sharp personality, when there's no one to see her she's often kind like this. She did her morning routine, apart from brushing her hair and decided to go for a walk: not much else to do, since her parents were still asleep as well. Plus, physical activity is important for a girl in development. Becoming fat was one of her worst nightmares.

Closing the door behind her, Ashi took off in a pretty random direction. She walked with her arms behind her back, a position she assumes subconsciously. The young girl wore a white shirt with a dark blue sweater on top of it, and a black knee-length skirt. She really didn't look anything like a shinobi, apart from the Iwa headband she wore like a belt, the weapon pouch strapped to her right hip, and the five kunai just hanging from below each of her knees, held by the leg bracelets she got from her pops. Back then Ashi decided she'd always wear them, and she's doing her best to keep the promise, even if the kunai haven't yet proven to be of any use. Her long, black, messy hair swayed in the gentle wind as she approached the waterfall point, a pretty place that didn't really mean much to Ashi. She played there a couple times as a kid, but that's more or less her only connection to the place. But bathed in early sunshine, the place looked more serene and relaxing than ever before; Ashi could feel something draw her in, and she didn't resist. The intense green strongly contrasted the pale brown of the rest of Iwa. She kept walking, up until she noticed a strange man just... sitting there. Completely still. The vegitation made the entire scenery seem darker and spookier, and for some reason Ashi found the person to be quite creepy. Like, why is his hair white? Ashi stopped in her tracks, and just stared at the mysterious person; she didn't expect anyone to be here at this time.

Wordcount: 466

Last edited by Ashi on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:03 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
As Raishi sat there, deep within the confines of his own mental plane, he seemed to relive his life; at least all he could remember. It all seemed to have happened in seconds, starting from when he was first found at the Iwagakure village gates, drenched in blood and terror. Unable to speak for months, due to the trauma he had witnessed. of course, being of such a young age, his mind found a miraculous way to somehow filter and crop out the goriest scenes of the events that had taken place, but it was too late psychologically. The damage had already been done. It had taken him a year to start talking again, to start truly feeling anything again, because of his nurse.

Haruno had been the head nurse of the hospital back then and was a truly gifted and amazing woman. She had been like a mother to Raishi, and he knew that he would always owe her everything for saving him from mental deterioration. Straight after that, Raishi saw his progress through the ninja academy, flashing through all his tests and ultimately gaining the title of Jounin in record time. He had been a star student in his classes, and had always excelled in everything he did no matter what. Even after hearing the sad news of Haruno's untimely death, he made her proud by gaining the title of Jounin. But her death affected him more than he had realised. Only looking back now, Raishi sees that her death had ultimately left him truly alone. With no parents and his guardian dead, he had nobody to strive to protect. Nobody to love. Nobody to care for. Although he had no idea back then and thought he was fine, he truly was not and this was the beginning of his dive into mediocrity.

Still mentally travelling back through the vistas of time, Raishi also saw his slow but steady decline in training and power. He went from being the top of his class, to being just another average, unnamed shinobi that's part of the crowd. He became his worst nightmare; an irrelevant speck on the face of the Earth. his mid kept rushing through time, until his mind violently returned to the present. He snapped his eyes wide open, but then regretted it as the full blast of the sun's rays hit his delicate pupils. So sunny...already? He had spent hours in deep reflection that he didn't realise the sun had come up! Although, he realised that he still felt a bit cool, which was possibly due to the cooling effect of vaporised sweat, and him being close to the waterfall. He stood up slowly, taking a deep breath and exhaling as he looked absent mindedly looked at his favourite place in all of Iwagakure. Haruno's smile was still fresh on his mind and it was almost as if she was standing right there beside him. Her smiles were always so impacting on Raishi's day, and just the thought of it put a wide smile on his face. I made a promise to you Haruno, and I plan on keeping it! he said to himself softly, inaudible to anybody who could have been close by. All so long ago, he had made a promise to her that he would always e the best that he could be no matter what. now after a long time of forgetting this promise, Raishi as finally ready to keep to it diligently. but of course, in order to be the best he could be, he needed to fully maximise his potential. He was undoubtedly one of the last Kanetsu and yet, he knew next to nothing about his own clan. At least I know where to start working on... he thought to himself, his mind coming back to reality.

It was only after his resolve, that Raishi noticed a small girl that was staring awkwardly at him, with what could be deemed as a deep concentration. How long has she been there? he thought to himself, feeling a bit embarrassed. She probably thinks I and the epitome of weird he chuckled to himself, smiling at her before speaking once more.

"Hello, what's your name??"

He spoke in a cool and calm tone, with a smile brighter than the stars on his face. Despite his initial deep, reflection, Raishi was always fast to smile to a stranger. Looking critically at her, he could tell that she was a shinobi herself, the village headband around her waist a dead give away. Raishi was always keen on meeting new people, especially after his months of isolation. He simply made a mental note to search the village records concerning his clan, and then pushed it aside, paying full attention to the girl. It would be rude if he drifted off mentally whilst talking to someone he thought, waiting for her reply.

Word Count: 823
Total: 1528

4Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Ashi

Ashi

D-rank
The seemingly random man made Ashi's imagination run wild, and she just kept staring at him for a good fifteen minutes, not even noticing it's been that long. Could he be a stranger? A traveling merchant perhaps? Or maybe an undercover assassin, sent from Kiri to bring them back the Tsuchikage's head? Ashi ponderes, staring unintentionally, when the worst possibly thing happened: he noticed. HE NOTICED. Ashi felt impossibly embarassed. She blushed and looked away at the ground immediately. He noticed her! His eyes opened, and he saw her staring at him, though judging by his facial expression he didn't find it weird at all. His face shifted to form a cheerful smile and he spoke. "Hello, what's your name?"His voice was surprisingly calm. He wants to know what my name is...? Ashi took the man's inquery in a wrong way, only making him seem like even more of a creep. Her eyebrow flinched and she looked surprised, in a way almost disgusted: she couldn't stand perverts. Unconsciously, she took a small step back and looked at straight at him. Completely forgetting about her embarrassment from a moment ago, she bravely raised her voice "Why'd you wanna know? You a pervert? Ashi was almost at the point of anger: in her eyes he was really suspicious.

Wordcount: 225 (total 691)

Last edited by Ashi on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:22 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
It seemed to take the young child quite some time to even register that Raishi was talking to her. Looking thoroughly at the young girl, it felt as if she was so engrossed in staring so hardly at Raishi, probably trying to deduce his level of sanity. I mean, who sits eyes closed at Waterfall Point? He understood how compromising to his sanity it looked, which was why it was imperative to give a good impression to the young lady. The sun still shone brightly, it's violent waves shining down mercilessly on the village as it usually did. Fortunately, Raishi was shielded from the sun's intensity by the breeze generated by the waterfalls that surrounded him. This was probably why he loved this place so much; not only for it's stunning view o the village but also the coolness and serenity that hung about in the atmosphere of this location. All was calm and collected in this location. All was peaceful here. For as long as he could remember, this had been some sort of safe haven or rest place for Raishi. A place where he could gather his thoughts, and recover from the stressful struggles of the shinobi world. A place of deep inner reflection, that was almost tantamount to an altar. To Raishi, this was the purest place of all other locations in the village, free of pollution and unblemished.

"Why'd you wanna know? You a pervert?"

As the words came out of the young girl's mouth, the air around the Waterfall Point seemed to become thin all of a sudden, leading Raishi to feel sort of choked. Such heavy words came from the mouth of a child so young, but yet those words cut through the air itself, as sharp as any kunai that Raishi had wielded in battle. All of a sudden, Raishi's haven seemed to darken, the once cooling, sensual breeze now turning into a bitter slap across the face. What was once pure and unblemished was now defiled just by the heavy words the child had said. Raishi's smile reduced significantly, pausing for a moment of panic. He had battled all sorts of people in his career as a shinobi, but never an opponent made a blow so heavy or a wound so deep than the words of the young girl. He replayed her actions in his head, rewetting her stepping back with a look of utter disgust on her face each tie as she suspected him to being a pervert. Is this truly what I come across as? he thought to himself alarmingly, shocked by the hurtful words of the young girl. But why was she so defensive?

What seemed to be an eternity of silence passed as Raishi tried to carefully plan out the words he was going to say to this young girl, hoping that she would not once more assume that he was a pervert of some kind. As he spoke this time, his smile was not as large as before, but alert was in his eyes, conscious of how the girl would react to what he said. He needed to approach her with the appropriate body language to dispel all negative thoughts she had concerning him. Sitting back down trying to seem uncaring about the insult she unknowingly shot at him, Raishi began to speak once more, hi voice cool yet firm.

"I want to know because I am a frequent visitor of this place, and I have never seen you here before. I appreciate that you are a shinobi trained to always be alert but assuming the worst in people, especially those in the same village as you, is very rude and frankly quite insulting."

He did not intend to sound so condescending, because she was just a child of course, he believed that she needed to hear that. No matter who you are, one needs to be acquainted with social graces. Calling random people you meet by chance a pervert, is a show of the lack of any etiquette. But Raishi didn't mind that much, he just wanted her to be aware so that she wouldn't get in trouble with future ninja she might meet who wouldn't be as lenient as Raishi. He then continued talking to her, picking up a rock that was close to him, and skipping it on the surface of the water. The rock skipped three times successfully, before then dropping with a *plop* in the water.

"Since you are reluctant to introduce yourself as per customs, I shall go first to jump start you manners. I am Raishi Kanetsu, Jounin of Iwagakure. I now ask again, what's your name?"

He spoke casually, hoping to not sound too formal to the young girl. Hopefully, he wouldn't get such an insulting reply from her once more.

Word Count: 814
Total: 2342

6Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Ashi

Ashi

D-rank
Ashi's question seemed to devestate him. It's true though, that she may have been just a little bit overboard. Calling a complete stranger a pervert is just a tiny bit too much, even for someone with a temper like hers. The smile on his face crumbled away, and an awkward silence ensued. For a moment there, Ashi felt like just walking away, but the man was persistant: he tried again, with a noticeably firmer tone: "I want to know because I am a frequent visitor of this place, and I have never seen you here before. I appreciate that you are a shinobi trained to always be alert but assuming the worst in people, especially those in the same village as you, is very rude and frankly quite insulting." Ashi's raised eyebrow quickly lowered, if only for the other one to instantly rise up. The perv just called me rude, right? What nerve! The guy then decided it would be a good idea to throw a rock at a nearby pond while continuing. There were tons of bodies of water around: streams, ponds, waterfalls, you name it. "Since you are reluctant to introduce yourself as per customs, I shall go first to jump start your manners. I am Raishi Kanetsu, Jounin of Iwagakure. I now ask again, what's your name?" The way he- no, the way Raishi over here talked seemed quite passive agressive. And boringly long: a speech, almost. Luckily for Ashi, the stone skipped only three times: painfully average, or even below that. I can do better than that wearing a blindfold. Ashi smirked, and decided she should probably tell the guy her name. After all, she didn't really want to give him more reasons to think she has no manners. She was actually raised quite well. Plus, this Raishi Kanetsu guy stated his name, so not naming herself would actually be rude this time. Wait... Kanetsu... Wasn't that the clan famous for their Yoton? The mere thought spooked Ashi a tiny bit, but it didn't show on her facial expression. It only meant that she should be a tiny bit more careful from now on, that's all.

She responded out of courtesy, which could be seen from her face: not even a trace of a smile. "Fine, fine. I'm Ashi Yuryo, a genin..." Ashi looked to the side, and murmured something else, too. It was likely that Raishi couldn't hear her, but who knows what to expect from a jounin. What Ashi actually said was "nice to meet you", but she just couldn't face the fact that she gave in to his request. Though, Ashi had to show she had manners in some form at least. Unconsciously, she held onto her left wrist with the other hand. Who knew where this was going to go? It'd likely be best if she just left, but she had to at least get a reaction from the guy, so Ashi just kept looking at him with an awkward expression.

Wordcount: 511 (1202)

Last edited by Ashi on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:31 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
As each word left his mouth, Raishi looked carefully at the girl. If not too carefully. He observed every twitch of muscle on her face and every insignificant shifting of her eyes. He wanted to make sure he got this right. Thinking back to the scenario that had occurred only moments ago, he started to think that perhaps she had valid reason to call him a pervert. He thought of this even as he spoke to her, wondering if his isolation from the rest of the village had indeed crippled his social skills. Perhaps he was the one in need of a jump start to his manners. After saying his first statement, he watched with alert as the girl's initially raised eyebrow dropped, as if in submission but the other eyebrow rose almost instantly, if not simultaneously which seemed like a sign of defiance to Raishi. Even as he picked up the rock, Raishi made a mental note about the oddly dressed girl that stood in front of him, who seemed to even been the offspring of sass. This girl is definitely stubborn...he thought to himself, just as the rock dropped into the water. Now beginning his introduction, Raishi also realised that she was right to be weary of him. No normal person, or rather a normal female, would not be weary of a strange older man who after seemingly drifting off in to meditation, requested for their name. If Raishi was a younger girl, he would definitely be at alert!

As he ended his sentence, once again requesting for her name, Raishi had a new understanding of the young sassy girl. She is just a childhe thought to himself as he awaited her reply, And children's imaginations must run wild. That's probably why she's being so defensive. Still waiting for the reply, Raishi hoped he didn't scare the girl too much because of his name. Kanetsu. Of course it was unlikely that the name would have meant the slightest to her, but from Raishi knew that the name held weight in Iwagakure. At least, it did hundreds of years ago. Once I'm done here, I need to learn more about my clan... he reminded himself once more, making yet another mental note about his self discovery.

"Fine, fine. I'm Arashi Yuryo, a genin..."

Raishi looked up at the girl from his sitting position. She was approximately 5 meters away from him but Raishi could clearly make out the blank expression on her face as she spoke to him. It was more than obvious that she responded purely on the basis of courtesy, not because she wanted to, which was good enough for Raishi. Although, Raishi could not handle the fact that she held such a blank, robotic face whilst introducing herself. Haruno had always told him to keep a smile on his face, as it could brighten people's darkest days and save them from oblivion. As a child, he didn't really understand this, but sort of unconsciously agreed with Haruno as he was a living testament to that. She had saved him from the darkness that had consumed him at such a young age, and she had used only the power of her loving smile. Because of that, Raishi always smiled at people he saw everyday, regardless of if he was acquainted with them or not. Because of this, the young girl's introduction seemed less than superficial to Raishi. Hmm... he thought to himself as she spoke, At least it is better than nothing I guess, taking into consideration her stubborn nature. He had figured out that she was stubborn just by reading her body language, and the first few words that he had exchanged with her. It was ultimately the young girl's eyebrow movements that gave away her fiery nature. Perhaps she could make a fine shinobi with proper training... he thought to himself, his mind drifting off. Of course, he himself was in no position to train the young girl, but who else would? A lot of the Jounin in Iwagakure were off on important missions, and with the announcement of the Chunin Exams, all Genin were left to train themselves for the events, which would most likely prove inadequate to compete. Unless she's a prodigy.. he thought to himself, looking more carefully at her as she was just about to say her name.

Arashi... he thought to himself, taken aback by the young girl's name. This had been the name of one of Raishi's oldest friends, before his untimely death several years ago. He had been the Tsuchikage right after Dengen, and at such a young age! Past memories of their adventures flooded Raishi's mind; from their little battle royale at the rock pit, to their exploration of the caves on the outskirts of the village. He couldn't help but smile as these memories came to him in a flash. Now dragging his mind back to the present, Raishi was surprised to hear the girl murmur a "nice to meet you", possibly thinking that he couldn't hear it. This made him smile some more because it proved that she was actually learning something.

"There we go, that wasn't so hard see? Nice to meet you too by the way."

He spoke cooly this time, the initial firmness now melted away.He then stood up, dusting off the dirt from below his trousers and stretching a bit before he continued talking.

"Arashi...Did you know that was the name of the youngest Tsuchikage? He was a strong man. Perhaps you too could become strong like he was"

He spoke to the young girl with a smile on his face, half joking as he said he could become strong like Arashi was. Raishi had only ever sparred with Arashi on one occasion, but he knew from stories that he had gotten very strong. How else could he have ascended to being Tsuchikage? Besides, he had always been an ambitious one. Raishi then walked over to the pond that he had skipped stones one, instinctively channeling chakra into his feet so he wouldn't drop into the water. Despite the hot, sunny day, Raishi as always one to keep as dry as possible, and the breeze that was generated by the waterfalls did just that. No need for a dip.. he thought to himself jokingly.

"I always come here to train and meditate. The coolness of the water generate a sort of soothing serenity for me. So why are you here? As I said earlier, I have never seen you here before and I always come here,"

He spoke as cooly as the wind, honestly curious as to why the young girl was there on such a lovely day.

Word Count: 1139
Total: 3481

Last edited by Raishi Kanetsu on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total

8Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:38 pm

Ashi

Ashi

D-rank
PS. A little fucked up. Don't know how to fix o.o

The jounin look up at here, still sitting down, and replied. "There we go, that wasn't so hard, see?Nice to meet you too by the way." Eh? Ehh?? He heard me? How could he hear mee!? Ashi blushed violently, and a look of utter embarrassment formed on her face. It was now clear that Raishi was the „winner“. Though it didn't seem to matter much to him at all. He stood up, brushed the dust off his trousers and spoke again, with a cooler tone. "Arashi...Did you know that was the name of the youngest Tsuchikage? He was a strong man. Perhaps you too could become strong, like he was." What? Arashi? Did he just mispronounce my name? And then he calls me rude! Hmphh, what nerve. Or did I say the wrong name when I introduced myself? No, that can't be… Oh who cares, it's not like I'll see this guy ever again. Him mistaking my name is probably even better,  if he's a perv… And how would I not know who Arashi was?Ashi responded, with a tone definitely less agressive than before. Yeah, of course I know who he was. I'm not THAT young, you know. She even got to see him once, it was at his speech after being made the Tsuchikage. Looked like a bit of a twat to her, to be honest, but Ashi scoffed at the idea of becoming as strong as a Kage. No way in hell. It's not that she's that lazy, but she's just really not at all that talentented, barely average actually. But judging by the jounin's voice, it was more of a joke, so it didn't bother Ashi much.

Raishi then proceeded to walk towards the pond they were next to the entire time, and, to Ashi's surprise, he kept walking on the surface of the water. His voice was even firmer now: "I always come here to train and meditate. The coolness of the water generate a sort of soothing serenity for me. So why are you here? As I said earlier, I have never seen you here before and I always come here." Ashi instinctively started walking towards him slowly, since the distance between them grew a bit too large for a normal conversation. She put her hands behind her back, in the usual position, and actually looked quite innocent. Oh, so that's what he was doing. Meditating. Weirdo… The young girl looked up and answered his question. Maybe this guy wasn't a perv after all. I mean, he comes here to meditate? Perverts don't meditate. Besides, the question seemed harmless. Not like he asked her to show him her panties. Ashi's voice was now calmer than before. „Oh I'm just taking a walk. It's a nice morning and this is a nice place, that's all.“ Ashi would stop walking after coming right next to the pond, and look down awkwardly. It was no surprise for a jounin to be able to walk on the surface of water so confidently. For Ashi it still took  quite a bit of concentration, and even then she wasn't that good. It was likely she'd fall right into the water after less than a minute, so to not push her luck she decided not to follow Raishi further. There wasn't any point to it, either. Why would one just start randomly standing on water? But she still kind of wanted to… The sound of the crashing waterfall was surpringly calming, actually. It being loud seemed to, contrary to what you might expect, make it even more calming, especially when combined with the coolness that the water emitted. Ashi spoke, careful not to sound too friendly. „I agree with you about this place though… Really calming.“ The sun kept rising slowly, as she waited to see what would happen.

Wordcount: 662 (1864)

9Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:48 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
The cool breeze swept Raishi's face, intricately taking with it all traces of minute beads of sweat that were laced on his temples and forehead. This was one of the reasons why he loved the place so much. It was his safe have from the otherwise inescapably hot ninja village. Iwagakure was always blessed with sunlight, which is taken as a happy omen by a lot of the locals. This was because sunlight in their culture is often depicted as goodness, joy or even purity, all of which denotes some sign of positivity. It was a pleasure for all, to bask in the sun's radiance and enjoy their happy days. But this was different for Raishi. He wouldn't have minded so much if he wasn't a Kanetsu. Being part of the clan, entailed that Raishi had to be born with unnaturally high bodily temperature, a trait that all Kanetsu clan members shared. This meant nothing to the other clan members, at least the ones rash had met such as Kazu and Satoshi, because they loved the sunlight. They even basked in it more, embracing the warmth and pleasure it brought with it. Raishi however, detested it. He regarded his naturally high body temperatures the curse of the Kanetsu; the price to pay to have such a powerful release as Lava. It wasn't that he hated the sun itself, no, he hated the occurrence that followed afterwards; the feeling of moisture on his skin, leading to his clothes sticking to it, the feeling like he was a block of ice that was constantly being melted. He hated sweating so much. He knew it was quite silly for someone of his ranking to hate sweating, which is a natural occurrence, but that was just how he was. A melodramatic bum who detested sweating. Of course, he didn't mind sweating just a tiny bit in times of tension and pressure for instance, but sweating gallons of water was what he hated - the feeling of swimming in your own clothes. Absolutely disgusting. He smiled to himself as he made the comment about Arashi the Tsuchikage to the young girl, wondering how much stranger she would think he was if he revealed his annoyance towards sweating. She would probably think I'm mental..

Yeah, of course I know who he was. I'm not THAT young, you know

Of course she knows him.. he thought to himself, smiling as he walked towards the pond. His mention of his old friend had only been but a rhetorical joke/question so he did not expect her to have answered, but he still made little time for her to reply, curious as to what she would have said. The young girl had replied with a definite voice, yet not as aggressive as she had initially when she called him a perv. At least she's warming up to me..[i] he said to himself silently, thinking about the girls potential. Of course the mention of the young girl being able to reach Arashi's level had been a joke, but he started to wonder if what he had said may have possibly held some truth to it. From their current interaction, Raishi was able to deduce that the girl was of a very strong character; just like Arashi was. She had a spark in her that if cared for properly, could brighten up into a bright flame. All she needed to do was train hard, and probably find a sensei...[i]Hmmm.. Raishi thought to himself. He had just asked her why she was at the Waterfall Point in the first place and he was now awaiting her reply.

"Oh I'm just taking a walk. It's a nice morning and this is a nice place, that's all."

He had been walking on the pond as she spoke, his back to her, and as she said this, Raishi turned round to look at her with a smile on his face in agreement with her opinion of the place and stopped walking any further. It was a nice place indeed, a place of calm and serenity. Looking more carefully at Arashi, he noticed that she had stopped walking right before the start of the pond. This worried Raishi a bit because it was nothing more than proof of just how much work the girl needed to do without the help of someone to guide her. The technique needed to walk on the pond is one of the most fundamental of techniques for shinobi, a useful skill in countless possible situations. Was it possible that young Arashi did not know the skill? Or rather, was she still learning it and needed more practice? She definitely needs a sensei he thought to himself sadly, feeling so much pity for the girl. As a child, Raishi had more than enough help available for him in the form of tutors and sensei around him whether he needed it or not. Without them, he wouldn't have made such surprising and record breaking progress throughout his early shinobi career. It saddened him to see that there was nobody available for the present generation of blooming shinobi, because they would not be skilled enough to earn a proper living.

"I agree with you about this place though… Really calming.“

Raishi merely nodded at the youngg girl as she said this, again in agreement with her observations about the place. Although, his mind was elsewhere. He was seriously curious as to why the young girl had not followed him, so he began to question her about it.

"Why didn't you follow me across the pond? Have you not learned the Supernatural Walking Practice?"

He asked her with a genuine tone, hoping not to sound like he was scolding her for not being able to do the technique. He was honestly worried as to why she could not follow him, and if she did indeed have any problems, he was prepared to help her in any way he could. He awaited for her response, watching the girl carefully with a sad smile on his face.

Word Count: 1027
Total: 4508

10Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Ashi

Ashi

D-rank
Raishi looked at Ashi just standing on the shore, and seemed to see right through her. With a smile on his face, he calmy asked her a question. "Why didn't you follow me across the pond? Have you not learned the Supernatural Walking Practice?" The question obviously baffled Ashi by quite a bit: her cheeks puffed with redness and her opened slightly as she looked Raishi in the eyes. She responded immediately, but the words came out of her mouth unnaturally quickly. Of- of course I have! Look! She was suddenly determined to show the jounin that she could, indeed, walk on water just like anyone else could. The thing was, they only practised it in the academy for a little, and she didn't work on it all that much herself, so of course she might not be so confident in it. But she spoke ahead of herself, and now she had to do it. Seemingly panicking, Ashi tried to calm herself down at least a little bit before closing her eyes and moving their hands into the Tiger handseal; it was the one she liked using the most when controling chakra in general. Focusing some in her feet, on which she didn't waste more than 5 seconds, she lightly stepped forward. The success of the technique relied solely on focusing the right amount of chakra and creating exactly the pressure as your body does on the surface. In this case, Ashi didn't put in quite enough (or she got fatter than she was before?) which caused her foot to sink in a bit, soaking the bottom of her foot. She ignored it and took another step, at the same time realizing she should increase the pressure. And so took a couple more slow steps. She did her best to seem as calm and confident, but it was obvious she was still slightly wobbly: she wasn't standing on the surface of the water firmly, but very slightly swaying up and down as she did her best to regulate the flow of chakra in her feet. She looked up at Raishi and smiled in defeat. She was barely a meter away from where she started at, so Raishi was still quite far away. But she didn't really want to go any further: from this position she could safely return to dry land the moment she felt like she was losing control. And so she stopped moving and spoke, with a still-slightly-panicky tone. "See? I can do it just fine." She stood her ground and really tried her best to stay as still as possible. At least she hadn't broken a sweat yet.

Wordcount: 450 (2314)

Chakra 150/150:

11Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:36 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
Judging by the flush of redness on the young girl's face, Raishi could tell that she was obviously embarrassed if not surprised by his chiding. Her cheeks had puffed a bright red, so bright that the the sun seemed to be belittled by it. Okay, maybe that's a bit too much of an exaggeration he thought to himself, mentally laughing at his own humour. He truly was a weird one. The reaction he had gotten from the girl only confirmed to him once more that she was in dire need of training and the fact that she was obviously embarrassed by her lack of skill, told Raishi that she was keen to learn and grow. All she needed was a push to let her spread her wings, until she could eventually fly, boring high in the blue skies. The young girl then looked Raishi straight in the eyes just as she was about to speak in response to his question. Raishi peered into her radiant blue eyes, innocence emanating from them. The world seemed to slow as he looked her in the eyes, her facial features now clear to him in much more detail than before when he gave her casual glances. Her blue eyes shone on her face, her jet black her emphasising on the blue sky for eyes she possessed. Looking at her face now, Raishi could now estimate just how young Arashi was, guessing that she was probably between 10 and 13 years of age. She's still quite young...more than enough time to still turn out into a great shinobi he thought to himself. His nurse and caretaker, Haruno, had taught Raishi that the path to greatness depended solely upon the foundations built as a child. This is because, all habits and attitudes started on as a child, ultimately determined how one would end up in the future. If as a child, you had a positive attitude towards life, always striving to do better and whatnot, then in the future, success would always be handed to you and vice versa. Childhood was the right time to start not just physical training, but mental and social training, getting the right habits and deleting the wrong ones from memory. The girl in front of him. Arashi, already possessed a very strong heart, as perceived by Arashi. All she needed was a push in the right direction.  

"Of- of course I have! Look! "

As much as Arashi tried to speak with confidence, Raishi could see right through the facade. Her statement was drenched in insecurity, and Raishi could even tell that she knew so as well. He merely smiled at the young girl as she made prepared herself to get on the pond. As he had guessed, the spark in her lighted just for a moment as the desire to prove Raishi wrong strengthened her, but the actual reality of what she had to do quickly lessened the the spark. She certainly has potential he said to himself, looking at the young girl as she closed her eyes and weaved the tiger hand seal. He was utterly curious as to why she chose that hand seal to focus her chakra. The tora hand seal is one most often associated with fire based ninjutsu, and her usage of this hand seal lead Raishi to question her possible elemental affinity. Perhaps she has an affinity for katon.. he thought to himself, critically looking at the girl now begin her advance on the water. For Raishi, it was sad to watch such a promising girl struggle with the most basic of techniques and all because of the unavailability of skilled shinobi in the village to train her. This shouldn't be.. he said lightly to himself, unheard by the girl. He watched as she took her first step, most of her foot getting soaked by the insufficient amount of chakra she had distributed in it. She took another determined step, this time making a bit of an improvement in her chakra to pressure ratio when on the water. He watched with an encouraging smile on his face, as the young girl took a few more painful steps before stopping totally. Despite trying to look cool, calm and collected, it was obvious that the young girl was not in control. She was not standing firmly on the water as Raishi  was, as she swayed up and down as the water rippled, making her look like a fragile decorative piece. She looked up at Raishi with a sort of defeated smile on her face, her confidence in her abilities having reached it's peak.

"See? I can do it just fine."

Despite being in such an uncomfortable situation, Raishi was impressed at the fact that she always wanted to be deemed as in control. Even when it was blatantly clear that she was far from in control. Raishi just smiled and nodded at her, before he started talking once more.

"Yes I can see that. Since you can do it just fine, I'm sure you wouldn't mind dodging a few shuriken without falling in the water?"

He spoke with a smile, bringing out 3 spare shuriken he always kept in the back pouch of his trousers. He was not trying to mock her or anything, but was merely playing along with her pretence of being able to sustain the technique effectively. This was his own way of trying to help her; training her to accept her faults and aim to overcome them by pushing herself beyond all limits, instead of just limiting herself to a specific range as she had done when she just walked 1 meter from the ground to the pond itself. Right after he finished talking, Raishi then gave a quick smile to the girl who was about 4 meters in front of him, before quickly launching the three shuriken at her. They were aimed precisely at her right foot, her stomach and the side of her arm. He intentionally didn't aim for any critical points, just in case Arashi couldn't dodge them.

Word Count: 1019
Total: 5527

12Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Ashi

Ashi

D-rank
The jounin nodded at her slightly sarcastically, and started talking again. "Yes I can see that. Since you can do it just fine, I'm sure you wouldn't mind dodging a few shuriken without falling in the water?" His hand reached into his back pocket, and before Ashi knew it the shuriken were already flying straight at her. Three of them, she could tell without counting, all of them heading in her general direction. He gave her no time to prepare, as the shurikens were shot out basically the moment that he mentioned them. There were likely many other things she could do to prevent the shurikens from hitting her, but without any time to think her reflexes kicked in. She jumped to the right as fast as she could and the shurikens flew past her. A "ploop" sounds could be heard, from at least one of them hitting the water. But how would she land now? There wasn't any time to think, but she wasn't confident enough in her ability to walk on water, so how could she possibly handle landing with this amount of momentum? Oh crap! She tried her best to regulate the flow of chakra in her feet, but there wasn't any time left. Her feet touched the surface of the water, about 2 meters from her original location... and sank through. She didn't apply enough pressure and fell right through the surface, losing her balance along the way and starting to fall face-first. She instinctively put her arms in front of her, to hopefully prevent herself from getting completely wet, but the water was deep enough for her to almost completely fall in before her arms could stop her. The sight of Ashi on all fours with her face in the water up to the ears would be hilarious for anyone to witness, apart from herself. She immediately jumped back up, but while doing so slipped on a loose rock at the bottom of the pond and fell in the water once again, this time on her butt, while loudly screaming. The look on her face was the one of a person who was dead inside. Tears almost came to her eyes, but even if she started crying it wouldn't be very noticeable, due to her face being completely drenched and all. She looked back at the jounin, expecting him to be laughing his ass off, and quietly murmured "help me." This was so embarrassing.

Wordcount: 417 (2731)

13Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
As he threw the three shuriken at the young girl, Raishi watched her closely to see her reaction. Panic was splayed across her face as she realised what he had done, the gears of her brain turning fast to find a quick solution. Just by looking at her, he could tell that she was acting instinctively because he hadn't given her enough time at all. She had no space to think what so ever, so she was left to act purely out of  intuition, following the instructions of her body rather than that of her mind. It's good training.. Raishi thought to himself, eager to see her exact reaction. He expected nothing fancy, in fact a crude reaction would have sufficed for him. She was only an undertrained genuine after all. The one important skill to all shinobi, is being able to analyse situations and therefore react accordingly in minute amounts of time and under intense pressure. There had been countless occasions were this key skill saved Raishi's life such as when he was able to dodge a killing blow from Chu Bu. He understood that one can not call themselves a shinobi, if their body and mind do not go hand in hand. Of course, training to achieve this takes a long period of time but it's still a fundamental thing to learn nonetheless. Composure is key.. he said to the young girl in his head, watching as she jumped to the right successfully dodging the projectiles he had thrown at there. She was just about to land now, and Raishi could tell from the look on her face that she lacked the confidence to successfully channel chakra into her feet. She looked more pain than she had when he first threw the shrunken at her, her mood way beyond composed. She wasn't going to make it.

He merely smiled as he watched her drop into the cool pond with a loud splash. Yet again her instincts kicked, leading her to throw bother hands in front of her in order to gain some level of stability and balance as she fell. Even though she had been defeated, she's still not giving up...She clearly had failed to balance her self on the water, but she was still searching for balance in another way, as if to fain a victory no matter how small after her failure. At least she doesn't give up he thought to himself jokingly, looking at her on all fours, chin dip in water. Looking at her, Raishi was more than tempted to laugh at the unfortunate position she was in. It was truly hilarious to look at. A girl who had come off as so strong and sure of herself, and now been drenched in shame literally. It seemed like the girl caught up on it as well because she jumped back up from the ground, attempting to nullify the embarrassment that weighed on her, thereby regaining what little honour she thought she had. Unfortunately, she found herself falling once more, this time on her back. And on top of it, an instinctive scream escaped her lips, an unconscious cry of defeat. At this point, Raishi wanted to burst in laughter so badly that it took every muscle in his body to resist the temptation. It was so bad, that his eyes began to tear up as he bit his lip, and his face turned a crimson red. But he knew that he couldn't laugh. He was there to help, not to harm her ego. It took him a few moments to calm himself down, before he then heard the silent, defeated voice of Arashi.

"help me"

Upon hearing that, all initial urges to laugh at the young girl melted away like ice. She needed his help, and she wouldn't get it if he laughed at her, no matter how hysterical the situation was. Raishi walked slowly towards the girl, a sad smile on his face. She definitely had a lot of work to do, but she could do it. He could tell she could, she had a determination that burned bright in her, passed her attitude. All she needed to do was gain confidence in herself and her abilities, as this was one thing Raishi noticed that she lacked. Now right next to her, Raishi bent down a little, stretching out his hand for her to use as a support so she could stand up. He then began speaking to the girl, his voice calm, cool and encouraging.

"You need to have more confidence in your abilities - this is the first step to gaining composure, which is useful in any battle and it subsequently leads to the unity of mind and body. With this unity, you could've easily dodged the shrunken as well as had enough time to concentrate and channel your chakra. Try standing now, and we'll try that exercise again if you want"

Word Count: 832
Total: 6359

14Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:55 am

Ashi

Ashi

D-rank
The jounin extended his hand towards Ashi, offering to help her to get up. She took it, of course, and got up, this time being extra careful not to slip and fall down again. She could see that he was doing his best to hold the laughter in, and actually appreciated it. Him making fun of her in this situation would stomp her self-asteem into the ground. She did her best to focus some chakra in her feet again, and managed to climb up on the water. She was completely soaked and water was just pouring down from her. The cold came as a shock as well, but it was something she could deal with. While she was trying to wipe her face, the jounin spoke, once again with his already classic "cool and firm" tone. "You need to have more confidence in your abilities - this is the first step to gaining composure, which is useful in any battle and it subsequently leads to the unity of mind and body. With this unity, you could've easily dodged the shrunken as well as had enough time to concentrate and channel your chakra. Try standing now, and we'll try that exercise again if you want" He was right. Composure was exactly the thing she lacked: Ashi acted impulsively, not having planned her actions at all. In a real battle, doing this could prove to be fatal. Ashi kind-of-sort-of understood what he meant, and nodded. She was actually slightly determined now, or motivated by his words even. Deep inside, she wanted to prove it to him that she could do it, or more imporantly, she wanted to prove it to herself. She backed off, insecurely walking towards the center of the lake to create some distance between herself and the jounin. They were roughly 4m apart, just like before. She took a deep breath and focused, before finally giving the jounin another nod to signal that she was ready.

Wordcount: 332 (3063)

15Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:59 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
Raishi couldn't help but smile lightly as the girl accepted his helping hand. This proved to him that despite her strong will to remain dominant in situations, and utterly immense brattiness, in the end she wanted to improve herself as well and was not drunk off  her own ego. When Raishi was still a genin,he had heard of stories of kids who did not want to be helped by anyone, and absolutely refused to be corrected or instructed in anyway, seeing an extended hand as an insult. They only believed in doing things their own way, without the 'mockery' that the helping hand invoked. To them, a helping hand was nothing more than an insult, a constant reminder of their weakness and overall lack in skill, an injury to their egos that weighed heavy on their shoulders. Today, none of those ninja made it to Chunin rank, lots of therm resorting to the life of a civilian while only a handful remained as shinobi, eternally bound to the genin rank. He picked Arashi up slowly, letting her get her balance as she attempted standing on the pond once more. In no time she was able to stand on the water, much to Raishi's delight.

After Raishi had spoken to her about composure, he watched as the girl reacted swiftly, jumping away from him to make  a gap of about 4 meters between them. She was now around the centre of the pond, which proved that her confidence had increased, which made Raishi even more happier. She is indeed qui determined he thought to himself, smiling as he prepared for another attack. He looked at the girl carefully, her clothes drenched in water. It was obvious that she needed some heating up and Raishi knew exactly how he would go about this. She nodded at Raishi, signalling that she was prepared for his attack. Raishi felt his back weapon pouch for any kunai and was pleased to find two left. Wielding both in his right hand, he then jumped back in a backwards flip, throwing the shuriken mid air at Arashi. The projectile were aimed for her right thigh and her chest. Immediately after throwing the shuriken, Raishi was able to weave a few hand signs, and upon landing, he was now 8 meters from Arashi. This distance isn't enough.. he thought, jumping backwards in the air one more time which caused him to get off of the pond itself. As he reached the maximum height of his jump, Raishi expelled a massive orb of fire and sent it downwards towards the young girl. Being as the jutsu was very strong and fast, Raishi only aimed the fire ball at 3 meters in front of her, which would mean she only had a two meter part of the ball to dodge. Also, the fact that the fire ball was going straight for the pond meant that it would instantly neutralise upon impact, so no damage to the environment. Now landing on the hard ground, 12 meters from Arashi, he looked carefully at her, curious as to what her reaction may be this time.

Word Count: 526 (shortest one so far x_X)
Total: 6885

Jutsu Used:

16Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Empty Re: Cooling Off [Ashi/Private] Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:15 am

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
Raishi watched the girl slowly, watched her as she calmed down in her desperate situation. All she had to do was block out all the noise from her environment, and mentally slow everything down. Rash was once like her; always blaming his environment for the distractions, never having enough time to finish anything. In fact, there was this one time when he found his entire body  completely covered in shuriken although not his face. It had been a training exercise that he had researched about and he found out that it was quite an effective way to hone ones skills when faced with multiple fronts of attack. Raishi had urged his friends to help him with he exercise and it actually took his friends some time before they swayed to do it. Despite their initial reluctance, his friends, Hako and Keita, had actually thought that in theory the exercise was a great idea, but it was just too painful to endure. Raishi had just shrugged it off back then, thinking he was ready for anything. By the end of that exercise, he learnt that he was definitely not ready at all. It had taken a week for all the cuts to fully heal, and a month before the pain even stopped!! Raishi laughed to himself as he remembered this experience from such a long time ago. It would have been awful cruel/hilarious to see the young girl before him go through that exercise. In fact, she somewhat was going through it as she was faced with both kunai, shuriken and a giant fireball to try and escape, but this was a toned down version of the hell Raishi had to go through all those years back. She definitely wouldn't have survived he thought to himself, chills going through his body as he remembered the pain he had to endure.

He looked at the young girl now, and actually wondered what exactly was going on in her head. Rash's mind was on slow motion now, and he could tell that Arashi's probably was too. If he didn't know any better, he would have said that he could actually even hear the gears in her brain, shifting and rolling as she tried to figure out a way to evade all th things that Raishi had thrown at her. He couldn't tell if she was thinking really deeply, or if she was utterly scared to the spot by what she had to face. Nonetheless, I have to see what she's made of he thought to himself confidently. So far, the girl had shown that she was definitely of strong character and could make a very fine shinobi indeed, but she lacked the technique and panache that was needed for someone her age. At lease in Raishi's eyes, this was the case. As the fireball got nearer and nearer, Raishi began to actually get concerned because the girl did not move at all. What the hell is she thinking he said to himself, his heart racing. "You can do it!" he showed, hoping to edge her on to make a move, to do something. Anything. The shuriken and kunai he had thrown were now nearly close to their target, and that was when Raishi's concern spike to the highest because he had aimed for her heart. "ARASHI!' he yelled at her, hoping that she just got out of the way. He couldn't have someone's death on his hands, especially such a young girl with a bright future ahead of her that lived in the same village as he did. He started running towards her, weaving a quick hand seal. In a split second, Raishi was right next to the girl and he grabbed her arm quickly towards him, before body flickering back to where he had been standing. Relief came over him, as he wiped off the beads of sweat from his temples. He heard the soft *plops* of the shuriken and kunai going into the water, before hearing a massive hissing sound which meant that the fireball had finally come in contact with eh water. Steam rose everywhere as the fireball cooled down, the steam covering a 4 meter radius. He looked at the young girl, concerned for her and saw that she had a dazed look on her face, much like she was unconscious and the girl was unresponsive. With a sigh, Raishi carried the girl on his back, and body flickered to the Iwagakure Hospital.

EXIT

Word Count: 755
Total Words: 7640

Reaction Time, Speed and Strength C2 to B 4200
Perception C3 to B1 1400
Endurance B2 to A 1900

Leftover: 140

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.