Fukai

D-rank
Symbol:

Clan: Kemotsuika

Kekkei Genkai: Shared Soul

Elements: N/A

Specialization: Seijutsu as primary

Clan History:
A dream. A strange creature comes to you in the middle of you slumber. It says nothing, yet you completely understand eachother. Your souls are now tied, you are one. Only complete and whole when together, a symbiotic relationship is formed. When you wake, the creature is there with you. You don't know where you are or who you are. You have no memories from before the dream as if you just appeared out of thin air. The strange people and creatures that spontaneously appear in this way are labelled 'Kemotsuika'. These occurrences are few and far between, only a few sagely people have knowledge on these matters.

The creature and human form a pair and work together to survive. They find that they cannot live without eachother on a biological and psychological level. They move forward and find their way in the ninja world after they wake up in the wilderness, although their path is unknown. They may choose to seek refuge in a village or wander the land on their lonesome. Whatever they choose, two things never change. One: Kemotsuika are continually searching for answers of their origin and their future. Two: They will never part with their second half, the creature.

Kekkei Genkai Description:
Shared Soul is the term coined to describe the bond between ninja and pet. With this bond, the pair can metamorphosis into a new form that is set with its own abilities and function. This form has a shared chakra pool. One free form jutsu is granted at genin/D rank and at each rank up until jounin/A rank (4 free forms). Jutsu and abilities that are specific to a form must be stated as such and be app'ed normally. Each form must be applied for as a jutsu. Changes int and between forms have the standard cost for that rank of jutsu and can only occur once per post. Each form is to be scaling, i.e. the form gets stronger as you rank up. The scaling goes from D to S. These forms cannot go above 2 metres in height and 1000kg until A rank, where they can go up to 3 metres and 2000kg. These are base figures that can be changed with the use of a jutsu. For each form rank, the biological weapons and armour must be of equal strength/effectiveness to the rank it is at, for example, claws from a D rank form can only do a maximum of 3/4 inch cuts without extra jutsu. If chakra based abilities are added, they must be given a suitable cost.

Kemotsuika start with a free E rank pet. Pet can be a weird species, must be approved. Upon pet death, a similar(identical) E rank pet can be apped out as normal.

The pet species can be taken as a senjutsu animal. When done so, the user can opt to make a special effect that is granted to each form if sage mode is active (e.g. the form could grow wings to fly, or grow an extra biological weapon). This must be included in the form application. This effect is instead of the +1 to a stat that is usually granted with senjutsu. If this option is taken, the pet may only have up to the max number of jutsu per rank - 1. E.g. 4 jutsu max for A rank combat pet.

Drawbacks:
Due to Kemotsuika remembering none of their past life, they start off with no trained elements or specs other than seijutsu. They must be learned later, 1500 words for learning 2nd spec and 1500 for primary and secondary element. Non seijutsu jutsu cost an additional 50% ryo and word count to train. Additionally, academy techniques cannot be used until a thread has been made IC to 'learn' them (1500 words to learn all).

Due to lacking the physical training that most shinobi are subjected to at an early age, they have a lower than average vitality, taking a -1 tier in endurance.

Due to having two beings linked to eachother, they are both responsible for the actions of their one body. This causes a small distraction despite being in sync, resulting in a -1 tier to perception.

Members: ...

Kekkei Genkai Jutsu:

**Must be applied for in jutsu applications**
Form Template:

Last edited by Fukai on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:53 am; edited 7 times in total

2Kemotsuika Empty Re: Kemotsuika Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:38 pm

Taede

Taede

D-rank
Drawbacks
Academy Jutsu: Interesting drawback. Is it 1500 words per, or 1500 to learn all?

No Specs/Elements except Seijutsu: Dang, harsh. Very good drawback. When do you learn them later? (Guidelines do not give a WC for learning your primary element nor your secondary spec/element from nothing. You will have to specify here. As a reference, 1500 is the training for D-C; I would recommend mirroring this.)

Kekkei Genkai
Okay, starts at E-rank...I can dig it. Given that your pet is replaced at E-rank every time it dies (is what I'm getting?), it may or may not work.

The pet species can be taken as a senjutsu animal. When done so, the user can opt to bump up the rank of the form held instead of taking the stat increase usually obtained with senjutsu transformation.
I'm confused as to what this does; could you clarify?

The Kekkei Genkai form jutsu cannot exceed four. I'd recommend you start with fewer as a Genin and work your way up, capping with 4 free ones at Jounin. (This does not restrict you from making other ones on your own.)

That being said, jutsu without a chakra cost is quite a big thing....Inuzuka-Style Combination Transformation does cost chakra. There should be visible and serious limits on what these forms can do in comparison to the jutsu guidelines, if you want to keep it being without a chakra cost.

3Kemotsuika Empty Re: Kemotsuika Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:36 am

Fukai

Fukai

D-rank
Bump, took most of your recommendations and hopefully fixed the issues.

I've added a 5 chakra cost to change between forms, but I still want to keep this cost low as it fits thematically into the kekkei genkai idea (One entity, they 'belong' together and requires no force to mix them). Instead, any interactions/abilities that use chakra have to have a suitable cost. Also, to make sure that these low cost forms aren't going to be super powerful, I have limited the damage and effectiveness of the forms offensive and defensive capabilities to that of the equal rank. I think this is fair as the form will only have access to D rank damage at genin where as other genin have access to C rank damage from C rank jutsu.

Thank you for your time.

4Kemotsuika Empty Re: Kemotsuika Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
KKG

I'd like you to remove the free shape-shifting first of all, I'm really glad you give a form template though, well done for covering that base. I'm not sure on the scaling from rank-S or SS, that would entail that you have up to... 4-5 SS rank jutsu, even if they are simply transformations. (Also, let it be known that 300kg is not that heavy in the animal world. a cow weighs about 6-800kg, bulls fully grown are about a tonne.)

Drawbacks

are fantastic

Jutsu

good template¬

5Kemotsuika Empty Re: Kemotsuika Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:06 pm

Fukai

Fukai

D-rank
I've changed the tier increase granted with sage mode to an added extra effect, making the scaling for forms only reach S.
Changed the forms to maintainable and set a 5 chakra cost per post. Let me know if this is alright, I think it's ok as all chakra based abilities that the form has need a separate cost.
Thanks for pointing out that weight thing, I was wayy off where I wanted it to be >.>. Changed so you can't get above a bull until A rank.

Cheers a bunch.

6Kemotsuika Empty Re: Kemotsuika Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:29 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
I'd like to see one more drawback, and i would like it to be a good one, like, -2 to a stat, or 2x -1's or a weakness to an element (ninja of this clan recieve +1 rank of damage from x) you get a lot of good things which can give you a significant advantage, so i would like you to have a significant downside which would play a part in "combat"~

After that I'll review

7Kemotsuika Empty Re: Kemotsuika Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:45 am

Fukai

Fukai

D-rank
Added drawbacks as requested

Cheers

Edit: Also forgot to put in there that the form has a shared chakra pool between the human and animal in form

8Kemotsuika Empty Re: Kemotsuika Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
KKG

"Kemotsuika start with a free E rank pet. Pet can be a weird species, must be approved. Upon pet death, a similar(identical) E rank pet can be apped out as normal and all jutsu may be transferred onto that one once trained up to the required rank. This means that the pet will not have to be trained to relearn every jutsu and form as the information and experience is stored in the human due to the 'shared soul'.

The pet species can be taken as a senjutsu animal. When done so, the user can opt to make a special effect that is granted to each form if sage mode is active (e.g. the form could grow wings to fly, or grow an extra biological weapon). This must be included in the form application. This effect is instead of the +1 to a stat that is usually granted with senjutsu."

ooookaaaaay, lets get into this. 1/ I would like the sage mode effect on the pet, to mean their pets have -1 to their total jutsu, cos, they get a passive ability. 2/ I'd also like you to remove the free training on jutsu for pets. The training for pet jutsu is already rather low, so, it should never really be an issue. <3

Also " Changes between forms have no cost and can only occur once per post."

I'd like them to cost normal chakra for jutsu of the rank you use them at, I don't see any reason why they would not use energy to perform. Even if it were a biological ware-monster esque transformation, the effort and strain on transforming can be translated as chakra.

So, I'm just going to count up your advantages <3

• Your get 4 free SCALING jutsu as you rank up +5
  • Free Pet +1
  • Senjutsu pets +1

Drawbacks:

Drawback list:

• No trained elements or specs other than seijutsu -3
  • Additional word-count and ryo -2-3
  • Need to train academy techniques -1
  • -2 to stats = -2

You're rather even <3 this clan is looking good~ please make suggested edits

9Kemotsuika Empty Re: Kemotsuika Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:57 am

Fukai

Fukai

D-rank
Edited as requested.

Cheers.

10Kemotsuika Empty Re: Kemotsuika Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:21 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Kemotsuika 2ryk94o

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.