You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank
Following his release from the hospital Suutei wasted no time at all retraining his body.  This time beyond it's peak physical performance.  There was no room for error he needed to perfect himself to protect those around him, and if all else failed he would drop dead where he stood.  Suutei could not keep himself from fighting for the ultimate power to protect not only himself, but those around him and not put Chopper in danger when things got rough.  The Itami Mountain many people meet their maker when attempting to scale the mountain, but the midnight haired Chunnin had other plans in mind.  Though in his current medical situation it was advised that he avoid any strain on his respiratory system; including using his clan’s Kekkei Genkai.

Preparing for the expedition up the mountain Suutei felt tempted to take the earpiece he used to contact others in emergencies.  Grabbing the earpiece he slipped it in his pocket, but before leaving the room he looked at Chopper who was curled at the foot of his bed like always.  Gripping the door handle he closed it slowly hoping to not disturb the small reindeer, and left through the foyer of the University.  Asking many people what way should he take to get to Itami Mountain, and the fastest way to travel there.  He was shunned and ignored as people simply laughed at him by his stature, as if some Chunnin was going to scale Itami Mountain.  Suutei simply despised these kind of jackasses that roamed the land; the judgemental and skeptical elders who were supposed to pass wisdom and guidance only to provide sheer idiocy.

Suutei hit a dead end with his search for directions and decided he needed to take a slight step up the ladder, and that would be the head honcho himself; the Tsuchikage.  It wasn’t to long of a trip to reach the tower that was the Tsuchikage’s Office.  It was a large tower that was roughly 22 stories high and a training ground at the top, but only those with authorized access were allowed at the top.  When he entered the building the greeting was a tad bit different from the first, and he was not cut off by security.  This time they allowed him to approach the reception desk where the secretary actually greeted him. ”Hello you must be Suutei, and might I say you are much more handsome in person.  How old are you by the way...Oops silly me getting into my antics, but please forgive me the Tsuchikage is expecting your audience with him please take the elevator to his office.  Just go to the 21st floor and you will find it, and you take care Handsome.”

After being led to the elevator and saluted off as if he were being shipped off to war, Suutei felt a bit nervous about the whole thing.  Which was displayed when he was reluctant to press the 21 button, and his heart began beating faster.  Overcoming his anxiety he forced himself to press the button as the elevator doors closed and he began his ascension up the elevator shaft.  I have no clue what the Tsuchikage could possibly want with me?  Perhaps he got word of me resigning from the ranks as a Konoha ninja, and converting to a wanderer.  If so what else could he want...Oh no this must be about the University campus being torched.  Suutei in a panicked state as he paced back and forth about the punishment he may be  facing for vandalizing public property.  As he heard consistent electronic bell noises every 15 seconds or so Suutei panted, and flinching with every bell waiting for it to open.  What was this Tsuchikage like?  And why was he expecting Suutei to come and see him?

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
The elevator door would open to reveal yet another waiting room. Only this one seemed far different then the simplistic one down below. Two hard faced individuals resided here. Along with them was a whole different feel to the lay out. A fire burned in a fireplace off to the left wall opposite of the Kage's office and some dark leather couches sat facing opposing each other with a stone table in the middle. A single chair stood resolute on the side of the table opposite the offices under a massive man. His very features seemed closer to a bear then a man. The fur he was wearing suggested he was a hunter. While his massive hands tapped dark claws on the slightly shredded arm. Next to him was a slumbering Kodiak bear. Its huge form on its side seemed to be enjoying the heat of the flames. A member of the Kuma clan no doubt. The other side of the office though had a redwood desk and a woman behind it wearing ANBU armor and reading glasses resting on the tip of her nose. Her blond hair was tied back into a not but what stood out was a burn covering her right eye. Idly she melted down a wax seal by hovering a red glowing liquid over it before placing a stamp on it. Her black eyes looked up as she took in the young man. A member of the Kanetsu clan....Lava users.

Both of them watched him with a mixed but level gaze. One with almost animal like silver eyes and the other with black eyes. The bear shifted ever so slightly from its position and opened on big brown eye. Sniffing the air for a moment before relaxing again with a huff. As it did so both of them seemed to relax a bit. The bear was trained to detect hints of explosives based on scent. It relaxing meant there was very little chance that a suicide bomber had just came up the elevator. The level of security in there was intense. Still the big bear man went back to shifting through a fairly thick novel as the door would slide closed behind Suutei. The woman on the other hand would look at him with a raised eyebrow and a look of impatience if he didn't step too. Either way once he approached her desk (As one would have to pass her desk to proceed) she would speak with a calm authority. "You must be the Chunnin known as Suutei. We were expecting you to make an appointment sooner then later. You happen to have caught the Kage during his training time. Muster up your strength as you go in there. You will need it."

With that she would allow him to pass. The ominous words she left with him were left that way as if to question why he needed to muster his strength. Still passed her desk was an arch way that curved into a single hallway leading to a pair of double doors. Reinforced chakra wood from the look of them. Imported from Konoha no doubt. The walls around the doors were obviously local though. No other place in the world melded chakra reinforced stone so well. The front of the office was like a bunker. One way in. Still the moment he would touch the doors either to knock or to enter they would suddenly fling open at his touch and what the secretary meant would be revealed. The room itself was suffocatingly heavy. It was as if the density of it was pouring out, dragging him down while pressing him back at the same time. The level of chakra pressure was unquestioningly at Kage level. If he mustered his way through the pure chakra pressure he would be able to make his way into the room where it would be revealed how Akira was training.

No windows lined the room but instead it was a big oval office made entirely of chakra reinforced stone. Framed portraits of the previous Tsuchikage lined the walls in thick frames along the wall the door was on. On one side was a fire place with a fire flickering wildly under the chakra pressure struggling to survive it. The chimney may have been considered a weak point if not for the razor wire line through out it. Anyone trying to sneak down it would be cut to shreds. A lion skin rug marked the floor in front of it with two red leather chairs, one on either side each with a small table to their right. On the back wall was shelves with a stone desk in the center and one big chair behind it with two little chairs in front of it. A single glass of scotch rattled on the desk under the pressure and a cigar butt rested on the other end in an ash tray. On the wall opposite the fireplace was a chilled liquor cabinet. Dozens of different alcohols lined inside and dripped with condensation along the windows. A single box of cigars rested on the prep counter next to the glasses set there. It was actually fairly warm in there. But the source of the pressure was sitting in the middle of the floor.

Akira was sitting in slacks and dress shoes with a button up shirt on. White with the collar open and the sleeves rolled up. Both his fists were placed on the ground sending a constant wave of chakra into it. Around him in a circle were six rocks about the size of his head being held up by his chakra pressure alone. Still upon the doors opening Akira's golden gaze flicked to Suutei. The gaze seemed to take the man before him in before it seemed to somehow understand or perhaps simply know everything. As if that gaze had read the mans very soul. When he spoke the chakra pressure would slowly die down as each rock settled one by one to the ground. His voice was like silk on the ears. Soft yet somehow it demanded answers. "I hear Rumors of a new resident pyro. I did some digging after some property damage fire starter and it turns out, Konoha no longer claims responsibility for you. Upon your request no less. I am curious to know why this is and what brings you to Iwa."

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank
The elevator bell chimed for the last time before the metal doors opened, but only revealed another waiting room.  This one was entirely different than the hospital style one 20 floors below. Three figures resided in the room male, female, and a sluggish bear oddly.  With their presence it created an equilibrium for the entire floor, and Suutei did not. unbalance the feng swe at all.  To the opposite wall from the Kage's office was a fireplace burning 6 or 7 logs, but the aroma was the unique scent of the pines and oaks in the Fire Country.  Reminding the male of his home country and evenings under the stars with his parents.  The other side, two dark mocha leather couches separated by a stone table in the middle.  At the head of the stone table was the massive male, and had grizzly bear qualities rather than human; the fur he wore hinted he was an expert hunter. Next to him was a slumbering Kodiak bear. Its huge form on its side seemed to be enjoying the heat of the flames. A member of the Kuma clan no doubt. Back to the other side of the office, a redwood desk and a woman behind it wearing ANBU armor and circular reading specs resting on the tip of her nose. Her blond hair was tied back into a knot, and what stood out was the burn covering her right eye. Using some kind of red glowing liquid she melted a wax seal, Her black eyes looked up as she took in all of Suutei with her gaze.

His heart began racing again, and a droplet of sweat rolled down the side of his face.  All three figures eyes were fixated on Suutei once stepped off of the elevator. One with almost animal like silver eyes and the other with black eyes. The bear shifted slightly possibly getting comfy again after sniffing the air for a moment before resuming it's slumber. As it did so both of them seemed to relax, and Suutei himself became less nerved. The level of security in the building was intense. The big bear man went back to shifting through a fairly thick novel when the elevator descended back down the shaft.  The ANBU woman on the other hand scowled at him with a raised eyebrow and a look of impatience.  Before he could state his business she began speaking with a calm authoritative voice. "You must be the Chunnin known as Suutei. We were expecting you to make an appointment sooner than later. You happen to have caught the Kage during his training time. Muster up your strength as you go in there. You will need it."

What have I gotten myself into...  The ominous words left to him were not at all reassuring. Still he passed her desk through an archway down a bending hallway, then faced by a pair of double doors.  Made from Chakra wood obviously, and only the best was from Konoha.  There was only one way in, and out.  And he touched the doors, but without applying any force at all they flung.  Immediately an immense pressure was being emitted by the room, and Suutei did what he could to resist it by flaring his own when entering.  Though it was a useless effort, and it was clear how the Tsuchikage trained.

The room was windowless, and shaped like an oval made entirely of chakra stone likely. Framed portraits of the previous Tsuchikage lined the walls in thick frames along the wall where Suutei stood.  Like the room before a fireplace, with a fire flickering aggressively under the chakra pressure struggling to survive like Suutei himself. A lion skin rug marked the floor in front of it with two red leather chairs, one on either side each with a small table to their right. On the back wall was shelves with a stone desk in the center and one big chair behind it with two little chairs in front of it.  On the wall opposite the fireplace was a chilled liquor cabinet. A single box of cigars rested on the prep counter next to the glasses set there.

Spotting the Tsuchikage who was sitting in slacks and dress shoes with a button up shirt on. White with the collar open and the sleeves rolled up. Both his fists were placed on the ground and around him in a circle were six rocks about the size of his head being held up by his chakra pressure alone. Again Suutei was met by a soul grasping, and was absorbed by the man.  When he spoke the chakra pressure weakened, and Suutei dialed down his own when each rock settled one by one to the ground. His voice was very soft and light on the ears, but was also full of bass.  "I hear Rumors of a new resident pyro. I did some digging after some property damage fire starter and it turns out, Konoha no longer claims responsibility for you. Upon your request no less. I am curious to know why this is and what brings you to Iwa."

Suutei mustered the strength he could to speak, and only could think to himself.  Kneeling down as formal respect before addressing the Tsuchikage.  "Lord Tsuchikage.  Please allow me to apologize for the damage at the University.  I was sparring a Genin of your village, and I got besides myself.  I requested to Lord Sousetsu that I may be allowed to no longer serve as a Shinobi of the Leaf.  I am Suutei Kimura and I have come to your village to seek your guidance, and wish to utilize my abilities to better the village whichever way you see fit."  Suutei's heart was heavy in every syllable, and wanted to make this the right kind of impression.  "Kazako-sama I have heard the legend of the Six Monoliths, and I am here to claim the title.  I can protect this village with my mind and body, but only under your guidance.  If I must prove my worth to you so be it, and I am ready for anything."  Suutei had an aiming expression, and he could feel his blood boil showing off his pride.  The crystal blue eyes of Suutei met with Akira's shining gold eyes.

Speed and Perception C-2 to C-3

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira felt the boys chakra flare up against his own. A mere lake against his sea yet a lake all the same. It was to be expected of someone of Suutei's caliber. As was the distance between the two of them. Near opposites in so many ways and yet similarities would abound as they could with all things. Reality was sometimes stranger then fiction yet the vision it provided of a mere dream, a feeling towards what the future could hold. The boy had potential and that much could be felt. The future one might wish for the young man might be something filled with glory and kindness. As it was though such dreams could be but fiction while reality was too harsh a mistress to make such promises. A man who wields fire as an extension of himself can provide light and warmth but it was far more likely he would provide death and destruction. It was truly a pity that such a fate awaited all those who called themselves shinobi but war was a constant. Peace changes and transforms but war never changes. Soldiers come and go but war...war never has changed since blood was first spilled by man.

Still Akira let his gaze settle calmly on Suutei's own fierce visage. The conviction in the young mans eyes had not faded but that too was to be expected. Konoha and its will of fire had always seemed to silly to him. Yet he had understood how it might effect others and Suutei certainly let it burn bright within him. It was perhaps Konoha's greatest strength. One could simply claim it was pride and vanity but such an assumption was probably why in the end they would lose when facing Konoha regardless of how much power they held within. The fall of Hao had been proof enough of that. Many claimed they had simply outnumbered the man and while that may be true there was another part to it that Akira knew of that Sousetsu himself did not. Tame himself, the Kage killer had been on his way to save Hao from Konoha's forces before Tame had been distracted by a suna nin and then the Aoi bara. To this day Akira wondered if he had not sent his people to speak with Tame how Konoha would of fared against both monsters at once. Or if Ukiyo would of survived to mark him as she had. Such a small price in hindsight though for the land of his birth to remain safe.

Still Akira sighed and rose to his feet. Dusting off his pants before stepping over the rocks. His voice rumbling as he moved towards the liquor. Almost a grumble. "Power and prestige is it? Such goals at an early age you have. I wonder though if you are fueled simply by pride or do you stand above others? Do you live by a code of honor?" As Akira reached the cabinet his left hand raised. Hidden by his body from Suutei he looked down and watched as his left hand trembled ever so slightly. He knew he was addicted to the drink but he did not care to let it go. As always he clenched his hand in a fist a couple of times to get rid of the shakes before observing they had indeed faded. It was then that he poured himself a drink. Whiskey was his choice for the moment. Then he spoke over his shoulder. Continuing his train of thought. "Are you familiar with the tale of Doctor Victor Van Frankenstein and his monster? Yet do not suppose, because I complain a little or because I can conceive a consolation for my toils which I may never know, that I am wavering in my resolutions. Those are as fixed as fate, and my voyage is only now delayed until the weather shall permit my embarkation. Its a quote from the book. We may never know fame or fortune for our efforts. History may not even name us as one who was fixed into a point of fate. Would you be willing to protect and serve the people of Iwagakure, a place away from the home you left if not for the promise of fame?"

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank
"Power and prestige is it? Such goals at an early age you have. I wonder though if you are fueled simply by pride or do you stand above others? Do you live by a code of honor?"  Taking a moment to allow his taste buds to register his beverage before continuing with his speech.  "Are you familiar with the tale of Doctor Victor Van Frankenstein and his monster? Yet do not suppose, because I complain a little or because I can conceive a consolation for my toils which I may never know, that I am wavering in my resolutions. Those are as fixed as fate, and my voyage is only now delayed until the weather shall permit my embarkation. Its a quote from the book. We may never know fame or fortune for our efforts. History may not even name us as one who was fixed into a point of fate. Would you be willing to protect and serve the people of Iwagakure, a place away from the home you left if not for the promise of fame?"

A long pause proceeded after the Tsuchikage gave out a small hint of what was to come.  So the Suutei began to ponder as he traveled the waters, of his young mind.  Then he came to an agreement with himself, about this statement made.  Could one be willing to protect and serve, the people of a nation that is not there own.  If not for the promise of fame, and glory.  Suutei came to decision as he spoke hesistantly to the wise man before him, and he said, "I can surely say I can accomplish anything thrown at me.  I have the will, and the strength.  Nothing will stand in my way of achieving greatness, and that's a promise.  That's my nindo."

Suutei thought about touching basis on literature like the Tsuchikage.  Resorting back to an old story his mother told him growing up, that represented his mischievous behavior.  "There is a story mother told me  when I was younger.  It was told by the Greek Fabulist Aesop. Ahem.

Suutei sat at the stool of the mini bar as he tried to collect his thoughts.  The memories of the story were all but faint to him.  Remembering that his mother told him to never forget the tale, and to never let his pride get the best of him.  "Ah I remember the story now...Ahem

A Dog used to run up quietly to the heels of those he met, and to bite them without notice. His master sometimes suspended a bell about his neck, that he might give notice of his presence wherever he went, and sometimes he fastened a chain about his neck, to which was attached a heavy clog, so that he could not be so quick at biting people's heels.

The Dog grew proud of his bell and clog, and went with them all over the market-place. An old hound said to him: "Why do you make such an exhibition of yourself? That bell and clog that you carry are not, believe me, orders of merit, but, on the contrary, marks of disgrace, a public notice to all men to avoid you as an ill-mannered dog."

Suutei settled himself as he smirked at how well his memory was from long ago.  Gripping the bar stool he looked at the Tsuchikage who was taking a drink of brown liquid.  Noting that he seemed to be a fan of high quality liquor, "Kazako-senpai I ask you now... where should I start?"

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira listened as the boy spoke. He was an interesting fellow to know some Greek philosophy but at the same time it was sounding more like a child's story then some of the more important lessons. Golden eyes looked over his shoulder at the boy as he eyed him up and down before lifting his drink to his lips and taking a sip before moving away from the drink counter to behind his desk. He stretched out his free hand as he pulled out the red leather chair and settled into it with a sigh. He set his drink down on a coaster as he leaned back and folded his hands across his chest. His frown took in Suutei as he studied him. Unsure of the boy for the moment.  For the moment Akira wasn't pumping out any more chakra presence but instead seemed perfectly calm. He just couldn't decide off the top of his head to allow Suutei to join his ranks or not. So for the moment he opened his lips and his silver tongue moved as silky words emerged.

"I see. It is good to have your...ninja way. However yours holds promise of both personal glory as well as a threat of wickedness. In Iwa you must be willing to set your life aside if it means stopping something wicked from murdering our people.  Your nindo however suggests that if need be, for the promise of power you might not just be the one who runs from that, you might be the one who murders people in return for that power. Reflect on that at some point. Power is for both angels and devils boy. We may not know how we will react when the time comes and the situation is presented but we can have the resolve set in us to be the one who stands against the murderers, rapists and slavers. I for one will crush anything that threatens my people with my own hands if need be and I will put my life on the line if need be in a second. That is my resolve."

Akira sighed and leaned forward for the moment and picked up his glass before downing it. The bitter liquid felt good to be inside of him and now he knew the shaking wouldn't be a problem. He knew he was addicted to drinking but he still didn't care to stop. He didn't drink himself into a stupor but he was always prepared with a drink in hand while working. It surprisingly didn't effect his work. It was simply how he dealt with the stress. For the moment though he opened his desk and pulled out an official looking scroll and unrolled it. It seemed a little old fashioned but it was certainly official looking. For the moment he just picked up his pen and began to write on it in silence before he spoke as he finished signing it. Blew on it to dry it and then rolled it up before handing it to Suutei.

"Alright kid, You go ahead and give this to the mission room downstairs. This is a slip to have you do two C rank missions and one B rank mission with a team mate of your choice. You and the team mate must both return alive. If you do these three things successfully you will become a member of the Iwagakure ranks. However, should you try and leave us like you did Konoha, the condition will be getting through me. Do not disappoint me. Understood?"

Thread closed due to traveling.
Strength S-1 to S-2
2388/2000 words.

388 remaining.

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank
(OOC:  Making a final post for 300 words that is considered a Flashback)

"Thank you Kazako-sama!  I will not fail this, but I do require travel to find my partner for this mission.  My friend back in Konoha he is a Chuunin as well and highly skilled."  Suutei bowed to the Tsuchikage and took the slip barely containing his excitement, as well as gratitude towards this man.  He proceeded out of the office doors through the large wooden doors, and as the doors shut behind him he ran down the winding corridor.  Bursting through the doors of the waiting room where the elevator was, the two individuals in the waiting room still in there original places.  The large Neanderthal sized male in the room commanded him to stop, as he shouted out to him.

"Your excitement annoys me you little brat, and just because Akira thinks you are worthy enough to be placed within our ranks.  It don't make you one of us and don't forget that!"

"I'll show you what I got!  Don't worry I'll be back and when I do you will eat your words."

The elevator door chimed followed by its opening and Suutei proceeded through the metal doors, and as the doors closed.  It was as if he was leaving a different world and returning to his own, but he wasn't to worried about it.  He would need to return to speak to Chopper about his assignment, and then set off to get assistance from his close friend Keigo.  It had been quite awhile since the two had been together and meeting him would be pretty exciting.  For now he needed to make a few couple preparations before he set off.

Once in the lower level lobby he handed the receptionist the slip, and she quickly processed it in the system.  Assigning him three different scrolls 2 encased in red another in blue.

[Closing and Official Exit]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.