You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1D-Rank Mission - Patrol [Complete] Empty D-Rank Mission - Patrol [Complete] Sat May 02, 2015 6:47 am

Velgrin

Velgrin

D-rank
Patrol:

“Eh?  What do you mean I can’t take care of it?”

The voice belonged to Velgrin, the male standing a good head over his supposed instructor.  His arms were folded over his chest and he looked none-too-pleased about the situation.

“You’re still a Genin, Velgrin,” the man spoke, watching the larger male with a passive disinterest, something that irked the man.  He preferred being seen as an equal, as a threat…not as a common piece of garbage.  He supposed that was the ranking system, but it still pissed him off.  “If you see anything going on, you can then contact me or any other Chuunin to handle it.”

The youth moved a hand to forehead then, swiping the hair backward over the nape of his neck.  “Yeah, fine, fine.  Look, I just need enough of this…Ryo stuff to get a new weapon if I’m going to be of any use to you.  But all your other missions were boring.”

The instructor didn’t even flinch at Velgrin’s brashness.  In all honesty, he was used to it.  “I understand.  But unless there are no others around, you are not to take care of it.  Understand?”

The hidden message there was something that Velgrin did not miss, and the youth nodded.  “Fine, fine.  I’m off then,” he spoke, turning and heading from the building, ducking slightly as he left.  Unlike most others, Velgrin didn’t simply dart off from the deck and land on the ground and begin sprinting through the streets.  He was a little too…unpracticed, for that.  

His body was strong, but not quite up to the speed of others, and as such, he didn’t want to attempt to do something that made him look foolish.  His own Chakra was present, from what they’d told him, but he had one hell of a time trying to draw it out, leading to him simply refocusing his efforts on his weaponry and his hand-to-hand skills.  He lacked the ability to do much more than the ‘academy-level’ jutsu, and even those were barely adequate.

Lost in his thoughts, he wandered through the streets of Kirigakure, his large form making most stand aside for him.  The odd height that he felt over these others was something he wasn’t used to, as those back home were veritable giants, with his own father ending at nearly seven feet, and that maul-wielding warrior certainly touched eight.  He was curious how much further he would continue to grow, and if there were even any others that would reach his same height, or exceed it.

“Help!”  

The word cut through his reverie like a hot knife through butter, and the warrior blinked,  glancing around as he saw a rather shady-looking individual dart down an alleyway, leaving a woman stranded without her bag, it seemed like.  He moved forward, pursuing the supposed thief as he moved down the alley way as well.  Glancing around, he did see no other shinobi in the area to ask…leaving him up to his own methods.  At least, assuming that things went as he had planned them to.

The thief paused as he heard the large footfalls behind him, and turned to glance over his shoulder.  The man’s eyes widened at the sight of the lumbering Nord coming after him, and he redoubled his speed, the thief quick and wily, managing to leap upward, kicking off a wall before landing on a wall.  Velgrin paused, grunting as he merely hopped upward, his long arms easily giving him the reach he needed to grasp the wall before he pulled himself up.  The thief merely watched, amused, before darting away.

“Hang on!” Velgrin roared, but the thief was quicker on his feet than he was with his words.  The bag-snatcher darted down the wall before a smokebomb hit the ground, obscuring Velgrin’s vision, causing him to give a small snarl of distaste as he charged head-long into the smoke….and emerged on the other side, his quarry not in sight.  “Gh…dammit…” he hissed.  

Standing, he slammed his fist into the opposite palm, his eyes narrowed.  “All right.  If I can’t catch a simple thief, then maybe there’s more to this chakra stuff than I thought.  Velgrin, it’s time to go through Hell,” he grunted, kneeling down before hopping off the ledge, landing with a hard ‘thud’ on the ground.  “We’ll get you more than able to catch these thieves, and then some!” he called out, heedless of who was nearby and listening.  

He then fell into silence, going over the details of what had happened to include in his report…

793 / 600

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.