Hideyo

D-rank
Symbol:
Kojima Clan Attachment

Clan: Kojima

Kekkei Genkai: Kekkei Genkai Nullification

Elements: Any

Specialization: Any

Clan History: The Kojima clan is not particularly well-known. Originally hailing from Shimogakure [Village Hidden in the Frost], they sought pastures anew when the general population of their home village was dwindled down to a very small few remaining clans that eventually all departed the cold lands in search of bigger villages that would provide more protection for their families. The clan members journeyed for many weeks, eventually coming to rest amongst the outskirts of the generally peaceful Kumogakure no Sato [Village Hidden in the Clouds]. This village, famously difficult to locate, allowed them to exist in peace. Settling only in the outlying areas, they also managed to avoid participating with the shinobi world, as their kekkei genkai often got in the way of the other, more bigger and famous clans of the village. The few ninja they did come into contact with had abhorred their bloodline ability and had no qualms in voicing their opinions. Because of these types of occurrences happening often within the Hidden Cloud, the small Kojima clan retreated back from Kumogakure to maintain a low profile existence on the borders of the Kaminari no Kuni and began to drift out of history and into myth.

Some still remember the Kojima, however, in their homeland of Shimo no Kuni they are well remembered. Occasionally, members have been summoned back to act as mediators when shinobi meetings have been called. That aside, it is rare for members of the Kojima clan to permanently leave his or her hometown to seek their future in the wider world. Of those that have in the past, only one is said to still be alive, and her name has long since been purged from Kojima history. To keep themselves hidden from the world, the clan elders are careful to keep the population of their people at a controlled number, however, there are those even amongst this small group that seek to break away from the traditions imposed upon them. The fact that the clan name and bloodline is known by so very few outside of Shimo no Kuni is undoubtedly something these ‘pioneers’ would wish to change. At the moment, the clan elders retain control and the outside world is blissfully ignorant of the clan's existence.

Kekkei Genkai Description: The mysterious bloodline limit of the Kojima clan, which was applied by the elder clansmen, and is far from an accurate description of the effects it induces. In simplistic terms, this Kekkei Genkai nullifies any bloodline carried abilities in those in relatively close proximity to a clan member. To be more specific, it only disables the ability to 'activate' such Kekkei Genkai when around the Kojima but not negating such abilities upon entering the range. The intricacies of this process have yet to be discovered, but it is generally assumed that this bloodline ability causes interference in the recognition of the other(s) Kekkei Genkai bloodline by the member's own bloodline. Put simply, their bodies cannot access their inherent abilities. This does not remove a Kekkei Genkai or bloodline trait from a target, simply disallows it from being activated once within range, thus negating it to some degree.

Nullify-able KKGs:

The effect has a restricted range, which has been found to increase only upon an increase of the person’s chakra pool (each rank up).

• Genin - 5 meters
  • Chunin - 10 meters
  • Sp. Jonin - 15 meters
  • Jonin - 25 meters
  • S Rank - 50 meters

The effect has a restricted range, in that anyone within the range of the user become unable to utilize any form of bloodline ability - including (but not limited to) Doujutsu. Beyond the distance, their abilities can be accessed as normal. Whilst this is considered a passive ability in that clansmen cannot control, it will only activate if any shinobi with an affected ability comes within the range. Only then does it begin to drain chakra from the user, with costs per post as such (according to clansman’s rank):

• Genin - 10 chakra per post, Genin cannot negate B rank techniques and higher. +5 chakra when negating non-maintainable C ranks (Optional, the user can choose not to pay to negate these techniques).
  • Chunin - 10 chakra per post, Chuunin cannot negate A ranks and higher. +5 chakra when negating non-maintainable B ranks (Optional, the user can choose not to pay to negate these techniques).
  • Sp. Jonin - 15 chakra per post, Sp. Jonin cannot negate S ranks and higher. +10 chakra when negating non-maintainable A ranks (Optional, the user can choose not to pay to negate these techniques).
  • Jonin - 15 chakra per post, Jonin cannot negate SS ranks. +15 chakra when negating non-maintainable S ranks (Optional, the user can choose not to pay to negate these techniques).
  • S-Rank - 30 chakra per post, all ranks can be negated. +15 chakra when negating SS ranks (Optional, the user can choose not to pay to negate these techniques).

As the body enters a pseudo-hyper metabolic state upon recognition of a bloodline carrier, the clan member becomes aware of the loss of chakra and thus the incursion (though cannot attribute further information – such as location – to it). Once enough distance is put between the user and a bloodline carrier, the clansman’s body will automatically return to its dormant state and chakra is no longer taken from the clan member. If absolutely necessary, the user can prematurely force this dormancy upon themselves. However, this will cause the ability to go into ‘hibernation’ and will be locked in this condition for the following 24 hours.

Drawbacks: However potent their nullification abilities may be, it is just as potent to them as well. Others treat their ‘abilities’ like the plague, when they’re discovered, and thus their power is a heavily guarded secret which they do not let on about to anyone outside of their clan and is never talked about in unguarded conversation. Still, even with their bloodline ability, they are only as strong as a normal shinobi as they have no advanced element nor great dojutsu to their name, nor do they wield any amazing prowess with ninjutsu, bukijutsu, or the like with other specializations. In a word, one could say they are average warriors with great hearts and strong minds, if they hone themselves well. Thus when honing their skills a ten percent (10%) increase in wordcount is required for training of all specializations.

One other hindrance in this clan, due to their precious bloodline is the fact that they are incompatible with nature’s chakra. Even if put into hibernation, their bodies can’t hold, nor even take in natural energy. All clan members cannot learn Senjutsu because of this fact.

Another feature to this nullification ability that it was found over the course of the clan’s history that they could not learn nor possess any advanced elemental affinities or use stolen dojutsu for their own gains as their body disagreed with it.

All of the Kojima have a minus in their health due to their abilities is the fact that those abilities that can be nullified can also inflict severe punishment on a Kojima as they are weak to attacks that would otherwise be nullified as shown through this Special Characteristic that is required for all Kojima clan members. This cannot be balanced with a positive SC.
Kojima Haemophilia:

All of the Kojima suffer from their ability, as it drains them whenever one with nullify-able abilities is within their respective ranges, requiring the clan’s Fatigue SC to be taken without a positive to balance it out.
Kojima Fatigue:

Members: (Members of the clan can be updated here)

Kekkei Genkai Jutsu:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hideyo on Thu May 07, 2015 11:33 am; edited 3 times in total

2Kojima Clan Empty Re: Kojima Clan Sat May 02, 2015 6:41 pm

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Mr Kojima? Is that you!?

*Bows*

Your KKG requires Med ninjutsu~ So you might wanna add that as a thing, you're effecting the body on a micro-cellular level which is essentially what Med nin covers...

I'm going to say that your nullification is going to have to have a higher chakra cost, remembering that some characters entirely rely on their KKG. And, i would like this to be able to be overpowered somehow, whether it be that you only nullify techniques of your ninja rank and lower, or techniques with lower chakra costs than you are paying, it needs to have a balance somehow... Your Genin rank character should not be nullifying the powers of Kage. It should be nullifying Genin.

I'm also going to have to ask you to take another somewhat serious active drawback (meaning a drawback which actively restricts you or provides a disadvantage in combat.) this can be a weakness to an element/ spec, reduced stats (at LEAST a -2/3 in this case), negative special characteristics which cannot be balanced by positives etc etc.

Your jutsu looks fine <3

3Kojima Clan Empty Re: Kojima Clan Sat May 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Hideyo

Hideyo

D-rank
Hello Mizukage! Thanks for taking time to moderate this clan.

To business:

First a question, does this really have to have Medical Ninjutsu? It's affecting the KKG of people which is in their bloodline, yes, but not anything of the person's body, organs, or nervous systems. I feel that making this clan require Medical Ninjutsu would be the same as forcing a Ryuzoji (another Custom-made clan on this site) to require Medical Ninjutsu for being able to sense the very minutiae, and cellular level electrical synapses of the human body and its nervous system. Same with the Kusomono, or is it Kumonosu?, clan, (another Custom-made and approved clan) which uses spider-web filaments but is only required to take ninjutsu when their body is creating spider silk from their lumps, which mentions in the clan's history that there was lots of medical study done. Neither of these clans are required to take Med. Nin.  If so needed, I can reword the times I said 'genetic abilities' to 'bloodline traits' to make this less medical word-y.

The clan's KKG doesn't nullify powers of Kage, but the person's special abilities and then only the ones listed. Those of higher ranks could still out-skill, out-jutsu, and out-stat a Kojima Genin. Besides, a Genin could only be affecting a Kage at 5 meters, which if they were on that close of parameters in a fight the Genin wouldn't last but more than a second, nor would the Genin at distances farther than that. Same with if it was just a Chuunin vs a Jounin. The stats differences on this site breed the advantages towards the higher ranked ninja just on the base level and thus the power still greatly lies on the higher ranked ninja.

As for adding more drawbacks, here's what I've added:

I understand about the chakra consumption and have raised that. This being the biggest fallback of the clan as on higher ranks an opponent could dwindle a Kojima's chakra just by being in the range. To add more counter-effect to the Kojima, I also placed two clan specific Negative SCs to combat their ability further, which helps the adding a drawback feature as well as another drawback to discouraging 'foul play' with this nullification so as to dissuade dojutsu hunters and the like.

4Kojima Clan Empty Re: Kojima Clan Sat May 02, 2015 8:13 pm

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
" but it is generally assumed that this bloodline ability causes interference in the recognition of cellular coding of others."

This line makes it Medical.

So, if, lets say, I'm using my SS rank jutsu (which is an advanced element, being ice armour) and enters the 5m range of your genin to punch you in the face... Do you cancel out the skill? If the answer is yes, then it's going to need to be changed, if the answer is no, then you'll need to explain that better~

I'd be much more comfortable if the power were to say something along the lines of ''nullifies the use of KKG techniques which cost equal to or less chakra than is being used to maintain the field.''

Which, i think is a pretty fair compromise. that would mean that at Genin-Chuunin you would nullify all standard D rank techniques and low ranking doujutsu, at Sp. jounin and jounin you would nullify all standard C rank techniqques and lower, and at S rank you would basically nullify everything unless it had an engorged chakra cost which exceeded the passive cost of this technique.

Thoughts?

5Kojima Clan Empty Re: Kojima Clan Sat May 02, 2015 9:52 pm

Hideyo

Hideyo

D-rank
Ah okay, well changed all of those lines so it won't look so Medical-needing now. Thanks for highlighting that. What I originally meant by 'cellular coding' was just DNA, ergo KKG for Narutoverse. But I can see how that delves into the Medical side with the terminology so I've edited that.

And that's a good question which I also had pondered but held back until modding began. So my thoughts on this was that jutsu done before entering the range would still work, (thus ranged attacks wouldn't just stop within the range or anything like that), but then I was worried about the overuse of Maintainable techniques that people could then spam to get past this. Which in a way could be fine or it could be overkill. Yet, with how things are going in this process I guess I should just make it okay for all jutsu started outside the range, yeah? I mean, you do see my initial worry though?

Okay, that is pretty fair. I also had another thought that I wanted to run by to see if this would work. An increased chakra amount for each rank higher than a Kojima member. Something like the base of Genin pay 10 chakra per post to nullify Genin, 15 per post to nullify Chuunin, 20 per post to nullify Sp. Jounin, 25 for Jounin, 30 for S-ranks. And then a similar list for how it goes with each rank. This would still allow a Genin to nullify, yeah, but at a much heftier cost to their chakra pool, especially per post being involved. Would that system work?

6Kojima Clan Empty Re: Kojima Clan Mon May 04, 2015 6:30 pm

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Changes seem good, could you explicitly state that the field does not so much negate KKG but removes your ability to 'activate' KKG based abilities within the range of your technique. Not many people have tonnes of maintainables, but, you getting in their face stops them from activating them, so, it depends how aggressive you are as to how useful it is.

Genin is not just a rank, it's a powercap, so that idea would not really work, i can see you implementing another cost to interfere with one rank higher, but no more than that. I think the idea of negating techniques based on their chakra cost is your best bet. cos then, at chuunin you are negating a still negating a Kage's low ranking techniques, but it just says your sphere of influence is not potent enough to override their stringer ones. Which could be explained by they have just too much chakra forcing through their system for you to block off.

Sorry if im being a gigantic pain, it's just that this ability IS really strong.~

7Kojima Clan Empty Re: Kojima Clan Mon May 04, 2015 7:35 pm

Hideyo

Hideyo

D-rank
Ah, alright. Thanks, I added the inability to 'activate' the specified techniques when within range instead of being able to truly negate them. So that should be good now.

See, didn't realize that the ranks are also powercaps in a way there. Was just running that by to see if it works, modelled after how the Genjutsu Kai was set up, but that still had a cap on what certain ninja ranks could kai out so I was already flawed in that system thinking to begin with. Thanks for the heads up on that! So the thing about basing off of what can be negated to the ranks being good, so as a Genin can only use up to C ranks (normally) that will be the max that a Genin could do so as to allow higher rank techniques to not be able to be negated (disallowed to activate), thus a Kage could still use most of his tricks, which can be explained like you mentioned.

And you're not a pain at all! Seriously, this has been super helpful and I appreciate how calm and open to discussion you've been. I've learned a lot about how to make this work without feeling defensive so you've clearly done a good job there. :)

Anyways, made all the changes just now talked about in this post, so hope that fixes everything up!

8Kojima Clan Empty Re: Kojima Clan Thu May 07, 2015 8:12 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Okay, okay, this clan is starting to look really good. Just a few little things to move into clarifying now.

KKG

With the costs for negating things of higher rank, unless i missed it, could you please specify that the cost is optional (i assume it is. As in, when a KKG'd person enters their aura range, the clansman can use this technique at normal chakra cost, OR pay the extra per post to negate more abilities. Right?)

I'd also like you to lower the ranges a tad, to be more within the radius guidelines for jutsu of ranks equal to the ninja rank. So, you could have them be like.

D: 5m || C: 10m || B: 15m || A: 25m || S: 50m. Rather than S being 75m radius... which is getting a tad big~ (also, in any fight, you're NEVER going to be that far away from people.)

Drawbacks

A-ok

Jutsu:

Look good to me or now.

9Kojima Clan Empty Re: Kojima Clan Thu May 07, 2015 11:44 am

Hideyo

Hideyo

D-rank
Edited that! I had the range of the ability a bit bigger because it felt like a bit of sensory so that's why I had increased it a bit. Maybe a bit greedy there, but I mean, can ya blame me? Haha, ah... well anyways it's fixed now. Same with the clarifying the extra chakra cost is optional.

All should be good now~

10Kojima Clan Empty Re: Kojima Clan Fri May 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
*Disclaimer: I'm approving this clan on a probationary basis, I would like to see how it works, if i find there is open room for abuse, I'll be sending you a PM and pulling the clan for it to be fixed. But otherwise, for now, this clan is approved!

Kojima Clan 2ryk94o

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.