You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Where am I? Sekuro thought to himself, a little disoriented and a slight headache building, he had no memory of what happened, where he was, or how long he had been out of it. He seemed to be placed in a giant cave with walls over seven feet high and separated by about 5 feet. There are tree routes everywhere and insects squirming about, quite a creepy place to be in but it didn't seem to be all that dark, atleast not yet it wasn't. How Sekuro got here he was unsure, the last thing he remembered was getting ready to jump into the hot springs in Iwagakure and the next moment he was at the entrance of this cave. Thank goodness that he was kidnapped, or teleported or whatever while he had his clothes on at the hot springs otherwise that could be quite embarassing and quite a predicament.

Well, whatever or whomever brought him here did it for a reason, hopefully, so he decided to go and check out the cave and see if he could find anyone or anything that might explain things. As he continued down the path he came to a fork in the cave, one path leading left and one path leading right, neither of them distinguishable from the other but he had to make a choice if he were to continue on this small adventure. Sekuro remembered hearing a tale from an elder in his clan who, like Sekuro, was obsessed with puzzles and games. He told him that as long as you keep your right hand on the right wall and follow it down then at some point you will find the exit. So, following the old man's advice he began to take the path to the right, nothing to distinguish it from the path to the left, only Sekuro's experiences.

As he continued down the path he saw a broken kunai on the ground and some strange writing carved into the wall. It read "Hunt the eggs, hunt the insects, don't let them overwhelm you or you'll get no prize." How interesting, probably left by someone else who had gotten stuck in the maze, the entrance wasn't far off and hopefully he/she/they found the way out. He continued down the path, more bugs crawling around and nothing more really happening, that saying rattled in his brain, hunt the eggs, hunt the insects. There were plenty of insects around, and they were definitely a negative point, if the saying worked how he thought then the eggs must be the thing he should be looking for, maybe they will give him some clue about where he is. And then there was a part about them overwhelming him or there would be no prize? Well Sekuro could vividly imagine a swarm of bugs attacking and overwhelming him, ultimately killing him. And if the second part worked as the first and the eggs are the prize then maybe greed would overwhelm him?

Sekuro had never been one for material possessions but if these eggs were so valuable or if they lead to a more valuable treasure then he would definitely seek it out, why else would he have been brought to the cave if he could not contend to find it and conquer it?

His determination high he began walking hearing many crawling sounds behind him, he slowly turned and saw a large horde of insects behind him, the one thing he feared more than anything in the world and haunted his nightmares had become more real than he could imagine, they began to move towards him and Sekuro had enough. He hauled full speed away, leaving a small trail of dust at his feet while the bugs gained on him. He took every turn he could to lose them and finally felt like he was getting away, running on pure adrenaline at this point, not keeping his right hand on the wall from fear and not keeping track of where he was going he turned full speed around a corner and almost run on top of a cat.

It was a rather large cat so he jumped to avoid the feline, out of breathe he turned around to see he was no longer be chased by insects he breathed a sigh of relief in between his panting. He sat down and looked at the cat for a second as he looked around for a swarm of bugs, prepared to burn them alive to defend himself he looked towards the cat and spoke to the cat as he would speak to any normal cat. Hey Kitty, you have any idea what is going on in this wonderland version of Hell? He focused his breathing and tried to calm down quickly in case he would have to run from any more insect hordes. He now began to take the part about being overrun by insects seriously, very seriously, wondering if any eggs or treasure were really worth all of this?

[843 words, 843 words total]

~Suki

~Suki

D-rank
Suki had to admit this area was creepy. She had found this place quite by accident not long after her last foray into Silverlight Forest. The entrance she had entered from had been simplistic. It had looked like your average small cave in the woods. A small stream had accompanied her into these tunnels, but had flown into a pit and into an underground river she guessed. And now she was alone without her biggest link back to the surface. She had heard of these caves from the civilians in the town. They were called the warrens or some such. Perhaps it was the Warren Maze? Something about Warrens... At any rate, she had mostly overheard about it from a distance. So her information on it was limited to a scant few tidbits. Inhabited by many bugs and animals, this was the most dangerous place to be. That said, she hadn't recognized it as the warrens until the cave had transitioned fully into the tunnels the conversation She had overheard described. Roughly 7 feet high and 5 feet wide, give or take. Tangled roots grew from the cave ceiling and along the walls, seemingly holding the soil and rock in place. She had been memorizing her turns at first, and she still was, but found it growing harder the further along she got. Right, right, straight, right, straight, right. She was avoiding left turns to keep it simple.

She worried about how she would find her way out of the warrens. Suki sighed as she walked. The 7 foot high walls towering over her. She stood 16 inches at the shoulder, which while very formidable for a cat, meant everyone towered over her. Not just everyone, but practically everything. With a sigh, she ran in a dead end. Now she would be forced to take a left turn. Suki began heading back, when a noise behind her caught her attention. A large beetle, larger than even her, flew at her. Suki ran for it. Left, right, right, dead end, another left, straight. Finally, she had escaped. It was just then that she was nearly mauled down by someone. The man jumped to avoid her, which was nice. He seemed scared, and judging from his speed, had been running as well. Her ears flicked back into a wary, almost aggressive position, but quickly relaxed, as though she had merely been started. Which, in truth, she had been. As he seemed to relax and sit, she relaxed as well. She had her pouch on her back, just above the base of her tail, attached via a harness. Her konohagakure forehead protector attached to it in such a way that the metal plate was clear just under a zipper. Her Orange fur and black markings making her resemble some kind of wild cat, excepting there was that about her which marked her as clearly "domestic" despite her wild looks. Suki gave her best friendly smile and a short yet somewhat loud purr for a moment, to make her friendly intentions clear to this man. Then he spoke to her! Suki smiled.

She meowed again in a consoling kind of way, before sitting next to him and affectionately nudging his leg with her head. With that done, she spoke. "Not much myself sorry. I only know this place is called... The warrens? Something like that... And that it's supposed to be a labyrinth with treasure. Suki smiled and again nudged him affectionately, quite forgetting that a cat talking might be freaky to some. "oh... Umm...sorry...I forget a talking cat can be freaky to some... I am Suki, a genin from Konoha. And we are... Somewhere in Satou no Kuni... If that helps?" Suki spoke softly and hesitantly, as if scared of frightening this man. She didn't want to be alone here.

Word Count: [642]
Total Word Count: [642+0=642]

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
As he sat there trying to calm down the cat looked at him in an astonished tone, it is as the cat spoke that he realized that a cat shouldn't be in a place like this. It makes no sense, the cat said ""Not much myself sorry. I only know this place is called... The warrens? Something like that... And that it's supposed to be a labyrinth with treasure. jumping past the cats words and nearly ignoring them, Sekuro sat there astonished, the cat could speak! He didn't know what else would be found in this cave, what horrors or inconspicuous dangers awaited him. The cat continued to introduce "oh... Umm...sorry...I forget a talking cat can be freaky to some... I am Suki, a genin from Konoha. And we are... Somewhere in Satou no Kuni... If that helps?" Suki huh, and a ninja cat at that? Sekuro had never heard of any such thing and was now interested, he had met ninja from Konoha before but never a cat. And she claimed there was treasure here, further verification of what he originally thought. It was time to dig deeper and find out more about her and see if she actually knew anything else about this cave or not.

Well Suki, my name is Sekuro and I am from Iwagakure, although I'm not sure how I got here or where Satou no Kuni even is. Although you mentioned treasure, that goes along with what I saw scratched into the cave wall earlier. Are you here looking for this treasure too or did you get lost in here? Based on her answer he could find a lot out about her intentions of being there, and if he would have to deal with someone being hostile around him. Then there was the ever looming threat of insect hordes at any turn, the very thought would make Sekuro shake from fear. Why did it have to be bugs?

He should probably tell Suki about the insect horde that was chasing him and let her in on what exactly was etched into the wall, and she would most likely want to know what he was doing there, although Sekuro is not too of what he was doing there himself but he was getting a much better idea of what he wanted to do, and that was to find that treasure. Sekuro would await her reply and hear out any questions that she might have for him.

Awaiting a pause for her questions he would jump up onto his feet and look around the tunnel, he began thinking back to what turns he took but it seemed no use, from here on out it would be pure luck to find whatever treasure may lie here, or to find a way out. Well Suki, if you would like to join me I am going to go find that treasure while I'm here, granted I don't run into any more...ummm.... let's call it trouble. He really meant insects, the disgusting creatures. You're more than welcome to join me and if you help me find it we can split it if you'd like?

[573 words, 1416 words total]
[Also rolling for eggs here, we'll see what happens]

The Dicemaster

The Dicemaster

D-rank
The member 'Karumo Sekuro' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Easter Eggs' :
Wait, what am I supposed to be hunting again? [Hunting,Social,No Kill] ELoUlha

~Suki

~Suki

D-rank
Suki wasn't sure exactly sure how surprised or unexpected her speaking was. But She imagined he was surprised. Even in Konoha itself, the ninja cats were not well known. They tended not to garner nearly as much attention as other ninja. As a result, they were not at all well known. Suki was used to people being surprised. Truth be told, she sometimes avoided talking, and simply acted like a regular cat around others. Many more experienced ninja assumed She was a seijutsu pet or summon, which was...somewhat understandable she supposed. She had grown used to it. Suki smiled and meowed happily. "Nice to meet you then Sekuro!" Suki, being a friendly feline, was happy 55o meet others. She again nudged him affectionately after his introduction. Suki, being a feline, was happy to be affectionate with those she didn't really know. It wasn't normal to human society, but she wasn't human.

Still, she had never met anyone from Iwagakure before, let alone a ninja from there. She wasn't exactly sure what kind of relationship the two nations held, but they were not at war, so she felt no need to be hostile. "Yeah before coming here I had never heard of the sugar country either. I was exploring a cave, and I guess at some point the cave fed into this labyrinth. I wasn't searching out treasure, not that I am at all opposed to the idea mind you." Suki recalled The scratching on the wall he had mentioned? She hadn't seen anything like that. She had known eggs were supposed to be here, though how much eggs were a treasure she wasn't sure. Regardless, She was hoping to find some. "So how did you come to be in the Warrens? Did you come here on purpose? I think I might remember the way to an exit if you are lost..." Suki spoke hesitantly on the last part. She wasn't entirely sure she remembered. Those left turns she had been forced to take had thrown her memorization off by adding a whole new level of complexity. "However... Some dead ends and a rather...odd encounter with a huge beetle caused me to end up here... We May have to fight our way back... Or forward..."

It was then that he proposed they team up. Knowing that if he had ran into trouble as well, there was likely more ahead, or behind. And if there were 2 entrances, there were probably more. Regardless, she was happy not to be here alone. "Sounds like a good idea. We might be able to cover each other.... And who knows what else is in this maze... To be honest I am only a genin, as I said, so I any form of backup in such a place is welcome. I am happy to split any treasure we find, if we find any. Half a treasure is better than none at all." And that was definitely true. She was hoping not to face any future dangers alone more than anything however.

Word Count: [516]
Total Word Count: [642+516=1,158]

The Dicemaster

The Dicemaster

D-rank
The member '~Suki' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Easter Eggs' :
Wait, what am I supposed to be hunting again? [Hunting,Social,No Kill] ZMgwtQq

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Suki agreed to join Sekuro on his adventure, they would begin to look for these eggs or treasure as they walked about the cave. After they began their journey Sekuro filled her in on everything that had happened to him thus far, from him waking up at the entrance of the cave to being chased by a giant horde of insects. He tried to fill in the details as best he could without thinking about those disgusting bugs for too long. He mentally put a mark on the wall and decided to keep his right hand (mentally) on the wall again despite having made a few turns and forgetting completely about how he ended up where he was. He decided he would share his small tidbit of information with Suki while there was nothing going on, So, I don't know if you had any certain direction that you wanted to go but there was a thing I learned from an old mentor. He said if you are ever trying to solve a maze then place your hand on the right side wall and never pick it up. Then follow the maze and at some point you will find the exit or entrance. So that's what I think we should do to get through this, we'll either find treasure or find a way out at some point.

He would await her response and then they would turn the corner to find a dead end to the right, but in the center of the wall was a small egg slightly embedded into it. Sekuro looked at it and reached out and grabbed it, he examined it for a second and looked it over, it seemed to be a candy egg. It seemed to be wrapped but he didn't want to open it, he didn't know what was in it and in a small space like the cave if it blew up or released a poison it would be hard to get away from in such a tight space.

He showed the egg to Suki, Look at this, kinda weird isn't it. To find an egg stuck in the wall here. And the words from earlier "Hunt the eggs, hunt the insects, don't let the overwhelm you or you'll get no prize." Do you think that this is one of the eggs that it was talking about? He held the egg out in case Suki also wanted to examine it. I'm not sure if it meant that the eggs are the treasure or maybe we need to collect them to unlock the treasure? I don't think the eggs are much of a prize so they must be needed to get to the supposed treasure. Sekuro would wait until she was done examining the egg and put it into his pouch, holding onto it in case they would need it later.

He began walking down the cave with Suki away from their dead end, keeping his mental right hand on the wall as before he began to hear the pattering of small legs and wings behind them. The bugs were starting to come out of their hiding spots and out of the walls again, hopefully they won't amass in number again, Sekuro would have to make a quick decision here, to fight his fear (possibly literally) or to make a run for it and possibly lose Suki along the way, his only help on this arduous journey.

[584 words, 2000 words total]

~Suki

~Suki

D-rank
Suki nodded along as he talked of placing his right hand on the wall. It made good sense. In fact, it was nearly the same thing she had been doing by trying to only take right turns... Excepting that hadn't worked in the end for the obvious reasons. "That seems pretty smart... I was originally only trying to take right turns... But I was forced out of that by a dead end or two...and a rather large insect. That strategy however should always work as there will always be a wall on your right side.... There won't always be right turns however..." And that as indeed certainly true. However she had the feeling this maze wasn't going to be so simple to solve as that. Such a simple trick...could it solve such a dangerous maze? It didn't seem entirely likely. The biggest flaw was that if they got disoriented and turned around, they wouldn't know which wall was the right wall. If something forced them into a combat situation, in an area without any landmarks, they could accidentally get turned around without realizing it, and follow what was the left wall before they got turned around. They would have to be careful to avoid that.

Suki sighed as this occurred to her. She looked to the side, watching the insects crawl around the maze. Large centipedes, spiders, and all manner of creepy crawly things. Suki saw movement in her peripheral vision, and turned to the side. A rat, and a not insignificant one at that. But, that was not surprising. Rats we're omnivores right? This many insects provided a near endless food supply for them. There were probably snakes in good numbers here as well, feeding on the rats. Not to mention some of those possible snakes, and the spiders, we're most assuredly poisonous. They would need to be cautious. Suki didn't have any medical supplies either, which meant they would need to be careful.

Sekuro walked forward and found a dead end. Suki sighed and watched as he pulled something from the wall. It Was an egg. Suki looked it over as he held it out for her to see. So this was One of the eggs they we're hunting. What would be the best way to tackle finding more? And why were they valuable. Regardless, Suki nodded. "Hmm I have heard. Of these eggs. Many people are looking for them... Though to be entirely honest, they don't see why they are valuable in and of themselves. I think we must then conclude that they are used to unlock or obtain something more valuable." Why would anyone desire such eggs just for the sake of having the eggs after all? Suki concentrated Her chakra for a moment, pulling chakra towards her her lips, forming a small seal across her mouth. After the buildup of chakra, nothing seemingly happened. It was a fairly simply fuinjutsu. It sealed Fuuton chakra into a hand or a person's mouth, which could then be unleashed instantly. It wasn't much, but it could come in handy.

Who knew when the things living inside this maze would begin to bother them some more, and some simple preparations could go a long way. Suki nodded to herself And pulled a kunai out of Her pouch, wrapping the tip of her tail around the handle, before following Sekuro. "Might as well get ready....fleeing might simply get us lost and disoriented, so it might come to a fight." Suki spoke calmly and watched the insects, the plants, and all other life carefully. "The last thing we need is To run into poisonous snakes or some absurd giant mosquito... Who knows in this place..." Suki laughed lightly, only half joking.

Word Count: [635]
Total Word Count: [1,158+635=1,793]
Chakra: 140/150

Jutsu Used:

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Sekuro put the egg into his bag and continued on about the maze, they both agreed that the plan to stick to the right wall would be best so that is what they did, atleast while they could. Suki prepared a jutsu that seemed to use a sealing technique and then pulled out a kunai. Sekuro knew very little about the advanced techniques like fuuinjutsu, kuchiyose, et all. He was glad she was preparing for the worst, more bugs crawling out of the walls, Sekuro prepared his kunai as well even though the kunai wouldn't help very much. Barely able to walk over the roots, Sekuro thought about what would be his most effective jutsu for this situation. He turned to Suki after she was done and with angst in his voice, I think you're right, I hate bugs but if it comes down to it I think I would rather be attacked now then lost forever. If we do have to fight, I'm going to use wide range ninjutsu, so back up and let me attack first, my fire style should roast them but it may end up knocking down a section of the cave. Just a friendly warning.

More bugs crawled out from around them and it seemed as if they were following them, he wasn't sure but it also seemed like they had already been in this area as well, he wondered if Suki was thinking the same thing he was. With the roots lining the floor and walls and bugs scurrying everywhere Sekuro was struggling to keep his composure in the cave. It was then that something large seemed to come in behind them, the cave seemed to shake, and Sekuro looked hurriedly towards Suki. I don't know about you but we should find somewhere to hide quickly, if you have any better ideas now would be the time for it. Sekuro found a small nook in the wall between some roots and crawled within them, hopefully this thing would pass them without noticing. He watched as Suki hid or didn't hide, he then prepared the tiger seal and began to build up Katon chakra in the event that Suki couldn't hide or that they had to fight.

The walls shook heavier and it seemed as if it was getting closer, Sekuro became more and more anxious wondering what was approaching them, he hoped that it was nothing at all or merely something that would pass right by them without noticing. It began to turn the corner, the peak of Sekuro's angst came about as he could feel the adrenaline peeking, he hoped this wasn't a giant bug but not always do you get your wish. It's head turned the corner, it was an incredibely large Preying Mantis, probably 5 or 6 feet tall and bumping into the walls constantly, being the source of the shaking, it should be no problem to take care of, his ninjutsu should keep it off their tail or get rid of it permanently. It stood at the corner and went towards a dead end, now would be the time to kill and/or trap it if they could. He looked towards Suki to see if she had done anything yet and Sekuro prepared to bring the dead end in on itself and trap the bug or squish it. Or burn it to death, at this point any end would be fine for Sekuro.

[583 words, 2583 words total]

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
*Easter egg roll being done here*

The Dicemaster

The Dicemaster

D-rank
The member 'Karumo Sekuro' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Easter Eggs' :

~Suki

~Suki

D-rank
Suki nodded as Sekuro spoke. She had no desire to get lost in such a place. The idea alone was frightening. Getting lost and disoriented I such a place.... She didn't even want to think about it. It was like some horrible nightmare just to imagine. So naturally, Suki would do her best to avoid that. What would come up next? She wasn't sure entirely. But at least she wasn't facing it alone. "I have a wind style ready, that should help augment your fire style ninjutsu. That and the fact that I imagine most bugs should not have any ability to resist fire, and we should be able to defeat anything, assuming we don't run into something truly nasty. At any rate, if I see you use fire style, I will release my readied wind style, which should further boost your flames." And of course, there was always that possibility. Who knew what kinds of things lived in this perverse maze. Suki surely didn't. But what else could she expect. This was a strange land after all, that was clear. Who knew what to expect?

Suki shook her head absentmindedly for a moment, and kept following Sekuro. She observed the bugs and watched them scurry with mild interest. There sure was a lot of life in this labyrinth. Perhaps a bit...too much life. Sure bugs and rats flourished in the dark, and said vermin attract snakes, but it seemed to be somewhat too alive to her. If it got much worse, the whole labyrinth would begin to feel like a single writhing, scurrying entity. That was a disgusting thought in and of itself, and one Suki wasn't planning on dwelling on. Besides, she had more important things to worry about. Whatever prize or eggs she could hope to gain from This place was one such thing. She just hoped the bugs and the like hadn't destroyed most of the eggs. Then again, Sekuro had found one after all, so that probably wasn't the case.

Just then, the scurrying and scuttling of the life all around them increased. As if some predator was coming and the rats and bugs sensed it and we're fleeing for their lives. The cave began to almost... Shake. She wasn't sure if it was really shaking or if perhaps the sound made it seem that way. Something big was clearly coming. Sekuro said to hide, and he then hid himself. Suki found a small nook and climbed in. It was times like these she loved being a cat. A cat could fit virtually anywhere it could fit it's whiskers into. Being flexible and so small was an advantage when it came to hiding. There was a spot where a pair of roots grew over a large root, creating a small space akin to a tiny cave. It was just big enough for her to get into quickly. Once her head went in and her whiskers told her that her odd could get through the small gap, she squeezed in without too much effort. Being a cat had it a advantages. Suki peered out of the small opening, looking for whatever was coming. Another advantage of being a cat was night vision. She didn't need a doujutsu or chakra to see in very low light conditions. Cats eyes naturally gave them night vision. That said, her reflective eyes could creep some people out sometimes. That said, this wasn't too dark, and there was no bright light sources to cause her eyes to be notably reflective. Still they were in a cave, and that meant the sun wasn't illuminating everything for them. She wondered idly how dark it was to Sekuro.

There was more sound, and some shaking. Something was coming nearer. What it was however, Suki had no idea. A head turned the corner, and it was a head unlike anything she had ever seen, and yet oddly familiar. It took her several moments to place why It seemed familiar. It was a praying many is head. It had seemed alien due to it's sheer size.  It must be roughly as tall as an adult human! How could such a thing exist? Didn't bugs get their oxygen by absorbing it through their exoskeletons? However when a bug gets too big, this becomes too inefficient. In short, it's just efficient enough to support small life forms, but should they get too big, they can't absorb enough oxygen proportionately. The only way for such a thing to exist would be for it to somehow have lungs. Not necessarily very advanced lungs, but lungs of some kind. In short it would need to have the ability to breathe air like an animal. However that exoskeleton could also be a problem fire might not be as effective with a layer of bone between the more sensitive parts and the flame.

However..... Fire needs 3 things to survive. Fuel, oxygen, and heat. In ninjutsu, chakra served to create the initial heat, and it served as a fuel. However, fire needs oxygen. This is why fire style ninjutsu wouldn't work in a vacuum. Fire burns oxygen along with fuel. If Sekuro used fire style, and if she used wind style to fuel it, the resulting inferno might reduce the oxygen content in the air around the mantis, and, combined with smoke inhalation, it shouldn't be able to get enough oxygen to stay conscious. It normally wasn't possible, because of all the oxygen in the sky and air...but here n a more confined space, The air the fire burned wouldn't be as easily replaced.

However in that situation, the roots could catch fire, and the tunnels could become an inferno. Suki shook her head. No, the roots were carrying water and nutrients to the trees above. This water they carried made them much less susceptible to catching fire than other parts of a tree. She had an earth style that could smother it, if it came to that. It shouldn't however. Overall, fire made the most viable method of attack here. Her kunai probably wouldn't be able to cut through the thick exoskeleton such a large insect must have. If it came to up close combat, she would have to attack the head and joints, which would be the least armored. But how to signal her idea to Sekuro? If she spoke, she might get it's attention, as It wasn't  normal sound.

Suki wondered what she should do. Morse Code! Surely all ninja learned some degree of basic codes right? Morse code was perhaps one of the most basic and well known and heard of codes. She grabbed a rock and started tapping on the root beside her. Light knocks for dots, louder ones, but not too loud, for dashes. This shouldn't catch too much attention, it wasn't a very unnatural sound. It wasn't much louder than the squeezing of rata and the scurrying away of most things. Dot, dot, dash, dot.......dot, dot......dot, dash, dot.....dot. F-I-R-E. Suki repeated it again. They were in good hiding places, there was no giant need to rush this. Suki would wait for him to make the first action, unless he signalled otherwise, or she was forced to. If he attacked with fire, she would immediately release her sealed wind style chakra to boost his flames.*

Word Count: [1,255]
Total Word Count: [1,793+1,255=3,048]
Chakra: 140/150

*[Assume she will immediately do this, and feel free to mention seeing Her do so. Ask me if you need to verify anything else or you need specifics.]

Last edited by ~Suki on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Dicemaster

The Dicemaster

D-rank
The member '~Suki' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Easter Eggs' :

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Suki was able to find a place to hide briefly and that gave Sekuro some relief that maybe they could escape this without confrontation. Doubtful. He watched as the creature turned the corner and face away from them, his fear and anxiety beginning to take over, he knew it would probably come to a fight, it seemed to be looking for something, hopefully not them. It was significantly darker than it was earlier when he first entered the cave, but his eyes had adjusted relatively well, although little details like roots and holes in the ground evaded his sight. He was hoping to maybe see if Suki had a plan or was willing to take this ....thing.... head on, or if they should run, with him in the shadow and her as well it seemed he wouldn't be able to.

Sekuro knew his fireball jutsu would be large enough to cover the cave wall to wall, and he would only need to be a few meters away to be most effective. He knew that with Suki's wind he could increase the range and temperature as well, but how would he motion to her, if he spoke the bug might notice and might be able to close the gap he would need, and if he jumped back it put Suki in the blast zone. As he thought about it he heard tapping from across him, was she trying to use a form of morse code, he listened for a second, she was tapping *F-I-R-E* and that was all he needed to know.

It was probably a good thing to fight this creature now instead of hiding from it all throughout the cave. Time to make a move, he quietly stepped out of his hiding spot, preparing the tiger seal. It was as he began to inhale and fill his body with chakra that the giant bug turned to face him, making some fearsome noise, Sekuro released his chakra, the first meter a stream of fire quickly expanding into a large fireball. It would have gotten about five meters wide but the walls were only three or four so it increased it's distance slightly. Suki followed his cue rather well and launched her wind chakra, creating a small inferno, blasting everything in that other direction. The center of the fireball would accumulate right where the beast had crawled to and it would roast it alive, with the wind boosted fireball cooking the mantis alive within it's own shell. His fireball beginning to wear off he looked around the area he just blasted, it was significantly hotter in that area and some light had been created and he could clearly see how creepy the cave they were in truly was.

The giant mantis barely clinging to life had been knocked down and back a meter or so, the walls and roof cracked from the high heat and pressure created from the fireball not being able to expand in the cavern. Maybe they could use that information to their advantage, he walked towards the beast with his kunai out in case he was unable to finish it with that blast. Hey Suki, thanks for the boost there, but come look at this, it looks like wall and roof cracked where we shot it at. That means that these walls may not be solid and we could be able to knock them out of the way or blast the roof and climb out of here. The mantis seemed out of commission although it had been clinging to life, it's exoskeleton had melted and many of the joints on it's body fused, there was no way it would be able to fight back, and that doesn't count the burns underneath it. Sekuro took his kunai and with a solid jab to the center of it's skull he hoped that would be enough to end the beast, and dragged it away from the wall he wanted to examine. We've been searching around here for a while and all we have to show is this one egg, maybe it would be best to start looking for a possible way out of here now? Depending on how Suki would answer, should she agree he might try to blast the roof out and see if the cave was too deep for them to just climb out or if the wall was thin enough to effectively keep breaking them down. If she wanted to keep hunting he would never back down though, one, because he wouldn't want to give up his chance at treasure so easily and two, because he didn't want to leave her alone down here with things like that mantis crawling around. Well it was time to see what Suki had to say on the situation.

[812 words, 3395 words total]

135/150 chakra left:

Training:

Last edited by Karumo Sekuro on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

~Suki

~Suki

D-rank
(Just posting training as the event ended ages ago. Stats prior to this topics training (still unapproved,but trained.)

Str: D0
Spe: D0
Per: D0
End: E3
RT: D2

WC: 3,048
Imported WC from Meeting and Hunting 1,283
Total WC: 3084+1283=4367

Boosting speed to D3 for 1,175 WC 150 ryo.
Boosting RT to D3 for 450 WC and 75 ryo.

New total WC: 4367−1175−450=2742

Training Fuuton element to C rank 1,500 WC

New total WC: 2742−1500=1242

Training Perception to D3 1,175 WC and 150 Ryo

New WC Total: 1242−1175=67

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.