You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
It was a quite night, the sun had set but just a few hours ago and it cooled of well outside with quite a breeze to make it even cooler. There was almost a chill in the air as Sekuro walked out to the sight-seeing cliff to relax a little on his night off. Normally he would be returning to his clan's compound to prepare for bed and relax outside of his apartment. But because of his business in the village and the mission he was to go on soon he would decide to stay in an inn that was much closer to the village. Since he was in town he would decide to see the sights and relax while he had the chance, he had spent quite some time at the hot springs earlier and then stopped by his favorite noodle shop for dinner. It had been a good evening and he had enjoyed himself immensely all day, and now that the lights around the village were being turned out he decided to see the sights of Iwagakure.

Sekuro had never traveled up to the cliffs before and tonight would be a good night for it, he cut one of his cigars as he approached the cliffside and jumped up to a tree that was branched out towards the village and lied on it with his head against the tree. He lit his cigar and took a few puffs from it as he looked out upon the village. He could see the drunkards out stumbling upon each other and falling into alleys, he saw shopkeepers beginning to close up their stores and turn out their lights. It was a great sight to see, the entire village shutting down in some sense, and behind them the great stone wall of the Bastion. It was a sight to see indeed, and it only became more stupendous as the stars became more visible. His hair still wet but nearly dried from the hot springs he had been lazing around in, and now he was lazing around in a tree. He puffed his cigar more as a young couple walked by talking and missed him in the tree, probably best to stay secluded. Atleast he had for a few minutes until a few small children who wandered off from their parents began to climb up the tree when they noticed him there, he looked down at them and they slowly climbed down and ran back towards their parents. He hadn't meant to scare them but sometimes the gaze of his purple eyes could intimidate those who hadn't been fully brought into the ways of the world.

Those kids will learn one day, learn that there are far scarier things than gazes from men in trees and the monsters in their closet. He said to himself, almost whispering to himself as he continued with his cigar. He didn't care though, unless they became shinobi the only thing they would learn to fear are shinobi and death. He continued puffing his cigar and thought about the problems he would face and mentally preparing himself for his mission that he would face ahead.

Now was time to wait and relax, maybe he could find some real company tonight, or at least someone to keep his attention for a little while. Whether it be another ninja or a random villager, his cigar would run out and his thoughts would only keep him busy for so long. He took another puff of his cigar and looked up to the stars as he blew the smoke.

[602 words, 602 words total]

Nobari

Nobari

D-rank
The sun was beginning it's descent behind mountainous horizon. Nobari squealed with joy. she waits all day for the sun to down and awake population to decrease. she hates being cooped up in her house, but what she hates worse is the massive amount of people outside during the day. so she chooses to stay indoors, and away from people. As such she typically spent most of her time awake during the night, and slept for a good majority of the day. Today was the day she had promised to do it. Today she would find someone else and at least attempt to talk to them. if it got too rough on her she could always just leave. there wasn't any reason to put someone else's life at stake simply to maintain her own sanity... what little bit she had left anyways. besides she had recently become a genin, and to be a ninja almost required that you have some social interaction with other human beings, so it was now or never, do or die... or murder. she needed to learn how to control her demon that lived inside of her, and she would do it tonight.

Nobari put on her black hoodie and black shorts. the typical outfit she always wore, just now with her iwagakure headband hanging loosely around her neck. then she put on her hood and walked out her door. she took in the sun for it's warmth would only be around for a few minutes more, before she started walking down the street with her hands in her pockets and her head angled towards the ground. she had at least been smart enough to not leave the house unarmed. she brought in her kunai poun on her right leg, her 1 kunai and three shuriken that she had been given for graduation. although the more she thought about it, the more she wished she had left them home. what if it happened? she got the urge to kill. the sweet and enticing voice in her ear begging her to kill, and here she brought a weapon along. oh well. hopefully she could control it. she had picked a special spot for today. the sightseeing cliff. She knew it was a tourist attraction, as well as just a beautiful location in general, so if she was going to find anyone anywhere at night. it'd be there. so she sped up her walking pace. she at least wanted to make it there before sundown.

Nobari made good time to the cliff. she reached it before the sun even touched the horizon.  she climbed a tree quickly and stood on a branch leaning against the base of the tree. the leaves and shade did well to camouflage her. this would be her tactic. wait here and see if anyone else showed, and if not, oh well, she mainly sat in one spot and star gazed all night anyways. Nobari watched the sun set on the horizon. She watched children play til the light went out, and shops begin to close down, as one by one the stars made there appearance. the scene before her eyes was almost breathe-taking. Nobari made a note to herself to watch every sunset from now. about 2 hours after the sun had gone down, nobari head foot steps coming from the path which lead to the cliff. the young man swiftly made his way up the same tree Nobari had, presumably for the same reason she had... best view. then stopped just short of the branch she was on. the two branches were close, but just far enough apart that he hadn't noticed her standing there. Nobari's heart beat began to raise. this was her chance. she could finally talk to someone. she wouldn't be alone anymore. she would do it.Nobari contemplated for a few moments on what to say, as the man pulled out a cigar and started smoking it. Then Nobari openned her mouth to speak, but just then she heard the noise of children, and her attention was redirected. she watched the four boys whom had run off from their obviously tourist parents and where determined to climb trees. Of course they picked the tree nobari and the other boy where on. they quickly began to climb up the tree, but when they saw the boy who looked very much like a typical shinobi, they quickly scurried off. Then nobari heard him speak. he was speaking to himself of course, as he believed that no one else was around. "Those kids will learn one day, learn that there are far scarier things than gazes from men in trees and the monsters in their closet." HA! if only he knew. Nobari responded before she could even think about her actions "Monsters in the closest are much scarier than some people might think." she let out in a rather cold tone. her voice revealing her presence. she took her hood off as she said those words so if the man chose to look towards her direction he would be able to see her face. however she felt quiet stupid for what she said. what kind of person believed in monsters in there closest? oh right. her. because not only does she believe it there. she knows it there. that comment made her sound crazy. she simply sat there and had her gaze on the man, as she looked at him with her one eye that wasn't covered, while she had her hands in her pocket, and one foot pressed against the trunk. as she anticipated his response, she also looked him up and down in order to take in every detail. her heart raced, but she didn't let it show. she couldn't let him know she was a monster.

WC:980
Crazy counter (time left until mandatory CPD effect): 5/5
Chakra: 150/150

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
The cigar he was smoking had a nice flavor to it, an oaky flavor profile he enjoyed it so, and after the kids had left he leaned back again to continue enjoying it. From the corner of his ear he heard a voice, "Monsters in the closest are much scarier than some people might think." It struck him, for not even a full second his eyes widened and his pupils dilated. How. How could anyone get behind him so easily without him knowing, had they been there and for how long?

Sekuro quickly leaned forward the cigar dropping from his lips, the next few movements felt like they were in slow motion. He leaned forward onto his feet, then flipped forward off the branch from his toes. In the same maneuver he grabbed the kunai out of his pocket spinning it around his pointer finger on his right hand. As he landed his feet on the ground he grabbed the kunai firmly with the blade pointed down towards the ground. With his right foot he made a pivoting motion towards the tree to see who was waiting there for him, the cigar he dropped finally hit the ground and was put out by the wind during it's fall. He could smell the cigar and wished that he hadn't dropped it so carelessly. He then looked up sharply and it was a little girl, she was dressed in black and had relatively short hair, there was no way she snuck up behind him so easily, only a shinobi would even have a chance to get behind him.

Sekuro called out to her without releasing the kunai, Who are you? And how did you get there without me noticing? He watched her nervously, if she was a ninja capable of getting behind him so easily then he was most likely outmatched, maybe she had just been there but he hadn't noticed? He thought to himself, No. he thought he picked a tree that had no around, how could he have missed something so obvious? He called out again after only a second, Don't think I'm here to fight you, but if you don't answer me, and truthfully, then I will do just that. He tightened his grip on the kunai, awaiting the girls response. Hopefully, she was just here to have fun and enjoy herself and not here to start up some trouble, because that is exactly what Sekuro is trying to avoid on his night off.

[421 words, 1003 words total]

Nobari

Nobari

D-rank
the man in a hurried reaction leaned forwards and then did a front flip to the ground, quickly pulling out and his kunai and turning towards in an instant. Nobari couldn't see a headband on the man, but his movements were certainly fluid to be that of a shinobi's. Nobari's entire system was on alert. If this man planned to attack her, she would need to learn trick and minor thing about him that she could in order to exploit his weaknesses. However Nobari felt some sort of confidence against him already, even if he was a shinobi, there was no way he could have been of any level of skill higher than chunin, and a fresh chunin at that. A shinobi with almost any experience would have noticed her presence as they made their way up the tree. granted she was well blended in and concealed, as well as the time of day made it difficult for things to see, but it's not like she was even trying to conceal herself. "Who are you? And how did you get there without me noticing?" he called out to her. his voice sounded a little on edge.  he was in the defensive. Now Nobari knew she had definitely surprised him. that bit made nobari crack a smile. a smile that was probably a little to creepy for her own good. she finally stopped leaning against the tree, and turned to face him, her iwagakure headband that hung around her neck flashed in the moonlight, this was at the same time the man said. "Don't think I'm here to fight you, but if you don't answer me, and truthfully, then I will do just that." Nobari took a step down to the branch he had previously been on and then sat down, with her legs hanging off the branch, towards him. she then drew a single shuriken out of  her pouch with her pointer finger and begin to spin it around with they middle finger of the same hand. "My name is Ayame, Nobari" she said still with that devilish and dark grin on her face. "Most of the village thinks i'm a myth because no one ever sees me wandering around anywhere." she said still sitting here. This was mostly true, she hardly ever saw any of the towns people, however she had no real clue as to what they thought about her. She was going to test her limits here, see how far she could push this man before her before she either got caught, or pushed him too far. she hardly ever got to speak to people, much less have them be freaked out by her, so this was a rare treat she would take her time to enjoy. "how i got behind you, is no real concern of yours. if i were you, i'd be worried about why i couldn't sense someone who wasn't even hiding." she grin had faded slightly in her speech and in the minor pauses between, but with that little statement she grinned again, but being the smart girl she was she knew that might start a fight with any hot headed shinobi, so she figured she should calm it down.... maybe only a little though... "however, i'm not here to fight...... Although..." she said, then she cocked her head slightly to the side and pressed her thumb down on the shuriken that was still spinning, the blade puncturing her thumb and sending a noticeable amount of blood down her hand, but stopping the spinning. "i won't stop you if you want to try" she said without even flinching at the pain currently emanating from her thumb. that should do it.

If that didn't get some kind of reaction out of him than nothing would. she knew she could have been worse. however the thought of unleashing what was inside of her simply to observe a simply cause and effect. That was too much, nor could she risk it. she wanted to figure out what made his brain work... not see it. what she had done should be enough. Although if this man picked a fight. Her demon could come out anyways. She really had no idea what he was capable of. He could be a power house, with simply little skills for observation. whatever the case, it was in his hands to chose how he reacted to it. However, Nobari had one clear thing in her mind. She would not die, until at least one person was killed. she didn't see the need for a pointless death, but maybe the person in her mind actually served a purpose, and she knew there was someone that she had to kill. had to tear limb from limb. one woman. the one woman Nobari had been searching for a majority of her life. the one woman never caught twelve years ago. the one woman who had man her family scream and cry for help. The one woman who had stabbed her mother and father over, and over, and over, and over again. so many times that they had to bury her parents with a closed casket because there wasn't anything of there chests left that they could cover and make presentable to their friends and her. she had heard her voice, seen her face even, but hadn't found anyone that fit those depicted those images that she still had burned in her mind as fresh as the day she saw them. that wicked grin. That evil laugh. all of those things she could picture clearly if she tried. Which she never did. she didn't feel like re traumatizing herself would be a good idea. Who knew what other voices she would start hearing... one was bad enough. So if this boy before did anything to try to harm that goal. to try and strip her vengeance simply because she was having a little fun. She would tear him apart. as these thoughts crossed her mind that's when she heard that voice whisper in hear ear "yyeesss.... kill hiimm".

WC:1031
Total WC: 2011
Crazy counter (time left until mandatory CPD effect): 9 posts
Reaction time E -> D-3 1925/1925 complete~
Words left over: 86

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
As Sekuro called out his words he was focused in, this girl stepped down from the branch she was standing on and sat there facing him. As she sat the moonlight shined on the headband she had worn around her neck. It displayed the symbol of his village, the village hidden in the stones. So a native ninja who was just out tonight, although it eased some of Sekuro's nerves he wouldn't back down just yet, besides what would someone who could be considered a comrade be doing sneaking around behind him. She introduced herself as Ayame, Nobari and then began to go on about her standing in the village. It was interesting for someone to introduce themselves as such a legend so soon, what weird behavior from this girl. She went on about getting behind him, something which Sekuro was not prepared to drop so easily, and then went to stabbing her thumbs while mumbling some overly cynical mumbo about fighting. She was either absolutely crazy or was trying to intimidate him, the latter made no sense for someone who didn't want to fight.

He relaxed his defensive stance standing upright now, he spun his kunai a few times around his finger and quickly put it away back in his pouch. He looked up at her with a weird grimace on his face, the blood dripping from her hand now.

You know, if you're not here to fight you really don't act like it, do you? Anyways, I'm Karumo, Sekuro. And I'm also a shinobi of this village. Sekuro's tone changed dramatically, he squinted in at Nobari trying to make eye contact, So, Nobari. What is it you were doing in that tree huh? You wouldn't happen to be trying to get a closer look at me would it? I know I look great but there are better ways to meet people than spying on them. He said with a large degree of jest, maybe he could freak her out like she did to him if he kept poking at her like that. He gave it a second to see what kind of instant reaction he could get out of her but soon picked back up, No, I'm just kidding, I'm not like that, but it is rude to sneak up on people or spy on them. How long were you behind me anyways?

He then sighed as he saw his cigar he was using to relax all smushed on the ground, not far from where a puddle of Nobari's blood was falling to the ground. Also, I don't know why you cut yourself but you should probably get that cleaned up pretty soon. He was being kind now, even though this girl could be insane and a serial killer looking for her next target. He thought about what to do next, this girl was obviously here for a reason, what that might be who knows? But Sekuro couldn't just walk off, that would be rude, and he wanted to find out some more about her, this ninja who was so rare that she was a myth in the village at such a young age. Maybe nothing but exaggeration or maybe she was really someone who had built up enough of a legend to be talked about.

Sekuro walked forward a bit and stomped out his cigar that laid in the grass. He looked up at her again, Well, I don't know about you but I'm gonna go take a walk and find something to do at night around here. You're more than welcome to join me, if you want to of course. He turned towards the path and began walking down it, not turning back he knew that if Nobari wanted to continue their already interesting evening she would catch up and keep him company for the remainder of the night.

[660 words, 1663 words total]

Nobari

Nobari

D-rank
Nobari heard that cynical voice whisper in her ear. curse it. she could endure through this. she would definitely make it. she wouldn't let that damn voice hold her back any more. she was sick and tired of being alone. she could do it. she noticed the boy loosen his stand, and then say "You know, if you're not here to fight you really don't act like it, do you? Anyways, I'm Karumo, Sekuro. And I'm also a shinobi of this village." so sekuro was his name huh? well she could certainly say she had never heard of him before. then he spoke again."So, Nobari. What is it you were doing in that tree huh? You wouldn't happen to be trying to get a closer look at me would it? I know I look great but there are better ways to meet people than spying on them." it was at this point that nobari lost her cool. she layed down on the branch and held her sides as she laughed and laughed and laughed. Not a crazy laugh either, but a laugh all the same. then she sat up and give the boy a genuine smile, and then hopped down from the branch. "hehe. no i wasnt following you or anythin. in fact i was up in that tree before you.. was there for about an hour or two before you showed up." she giggled as she came closer to him. she then put her thumb in her mouth to soak up the blood. "Also, I don't know why you cut yourself but you should probably get that cleaned up pretty soon." nobari nodded as she took her finger out of her mouth. "yeah the hurt like a bitch. i was hoping to get a better reaction out of you from it. although i think ill be fine. i make sure to clean my weapons and tools after every use." she nodded. then she placed her shuriken back into her pouch, as she stood against the tree and waited for him to respond. Nobari watched him walk forwards and stamp out his cigarette. well at least she had managed to prevent a fight, and even got to paly around with him a little bit. he even didn't seem to think she was all that crazy. the poor fool. if only he knew. granted unless he had a monster of his own, there was no way to truly grasp how terrifying it can be to have more than one person in your head.

"Well, I don't know about you but I'm gonna go take a walk and find something to do at night around here. You're more than welcome to join me, if you want to of course." Nobari nodded, and pushed herself away from the tree, as she walked over next to him as he started to walk down the path. "of course ill join you. i've got nothing better to do, and it's awhile before the sun comes up." she said. her hands immediately fell into place behind her back, as she held her fingers. what was this? was she really going to get all shy simple because she was walking with a boy?? she let out an internal sigh. she would swear that some times she wasn't in control over her own body. "Sooo...." she said to the open air. after they had walked a bit down the path. "you said you were a ninja right?... well if so then like. what rank are you? what do you specialize in? like i dunno... i want to know about you i suppose." she said slightly blushing. not because she liked him or anything... it was because she came a crossed that way. great now he he was going to think she was crazy AND had the hots for him. she was starting to realize why she never talked to anyone... well besides the obvious reason. it was good thing it was so dark or else the blush might give the complete wrong impression. however Nobari was genuinely curious about all of the things she asked about. As nobari herself was only recently made a genin, she was intrigued as to what others before her had done and gone through. that's the real reason why she was curious. although if he got the wrong idea, she might have to do something to persuade him otherwise. which could mean a number of things, depending on where they were going... speaking of which, where were they going? if they stayed on the path they currently were they would be headed straight back into the heart of the village. well. better late then never to meet the towns-people. However, she wasnt even sure if Sekuro knew where he was going. well better ask and find out than spend all night wondering. "So... Sekuro?" she would say after he finished answering her first stream of questions, or if there had been a long enough pause to signify he wasn't going to awnser. "where are we going exactly?" she asked in an innocent sounding voice. by now she should be able to tell that she wasn't that cray woman on the branch 4 or 5 minutes ago. or at least she hopped. she didn't really want to be seen as that crazy girl that was never around anyone. she truly and desperately wanted a friend. some one to be be there for her, and some one she could just talk to. she was getting awfully lonely all by herself for the past 11 years.  she figured it was about time. About time she put her faith back into other people, and opened up a little. she knew it's what her family would have wanted for her. to be happy. which at the moment. she wasn't doing a very good job of. she looked over at sekuro once more. could he be the person she needed? someone who would help her out? who would talk to her? who would keep her sane? Nobari let out a small sigh. She certainly hoped so.

WC: 1038
Total WC: 2049
Usable words: 1124
CPD: 8 posts left