You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tsukino_Amaya

D-rank
Just found this place a couple of days ago and figured I'd give it a go. Before I create my character, here's the clan I'd like to have that character be-

Symbol: Tsukino Clan - the ESPers of the Shinobi World 120px-Triskele-hollow-triangle.svg

Clan: Tsukino

Kekkei Genkai: Dokushinkagan (Mind-Reader's Eye)

Elements: No required element

Specialization: No required specialization

Clan History: The Tsukino clan was founded by Tsukino, Kenji, a Kirigakure no Sato shinobi who held an interest in psychic ability and the human mind. Achieving leave by convincing the Mizukage that he could attain such a feat, he spent most of the later half of his life training and managed to achieve titantic psychic power. Teaching this to several students and to his eventual wife, the Tsukino family was founded, with a tradition of teaching these psychic abilities from a young age, until it became literal second-nature to those born in the family. At some point in the clan's history, the Tsukino clan-head got cocky, declaring war against the Hidden Mist in an attempt to overthrow and run it himself. The clan was ravaged, those that survived doing so by fleeing Kirigakure and scattering to the corners of the world. Now, they are a small, relatively unknown clan, usually working as traveling showmen or in the dirtier parts of the world, conmen. Very few unlock the true power of the Dokushinkagan because of this lifestyle.

Kekkei Genkai Description: The Dokushinkagan is a doujutsu that allows the user abilities usually thought of as possessed by a psychic or 'ESPer', such as telekenesis, telepathy, mind-reading and astral projection. It comes in four tiers, each giving the user a unique ability. Like the Uchiha's Sharingan, the Dokushinkagan has four stages - tier one is what every Tsukino clansman is born with, giving the user slightly smaller than normal pupils. Tiers two and three are developed through emotionally traumatizing moments or intense personal training, and give the user a spiral pattern around the pupil that grows in size from tier two to tier three. Tier four replaces the eye entirely with that spiral pattern, and is only activated through a life or death struggle in which the Tsukino cannot win any other way - and only after Tier Three is already unlocked. Tiers three and four actively drain chakra, requiring covering of the eyes in order to not cause unnecessary drain (D-rank and C-rank drains respectively), giving them the moniker of the "Self-Blinding Shinobi".

Tier Appearances:

Tsukino Clan - the ESPers of the Shinobi World 2lw4mwx

Forgive the crude MS-paint drawing. Best I could do.

Drawbacks: Because of the strength of a Tsukino's mind, their bodies are often thin and frail, incapable of developing large musculature and often giving them low stamina, immune deficiencies or even outright birth defects. This makes them incapable of heavy-handed fighting styles including taijutsu and bukijutsu with weapons above ten-ish pounds - a Tsukino must take the frail trait without any positive counterbalance. Illness related negative traits are heavily encouraged. The Tsukino cannot take a bukijutsu subspecialization.

Members:

Kekkei Genkai Jutsu:

Name:  Telekenesis
Canon/Custom:  Custom
Type: Doujutsu
Element: N/A
Range: Visual (Line of Sight)
Specialty: Ninjutsu
Duration: One Post
Cooldown: One Post
Description: The user is capable of moving objects with eye-contact and thought, the weight of which depends upon their stage of Dokushinkagan. At Stage One, the limit is ten pounds collectively with E-rank costs. At Stage Two, the limit is fifty pounds collectively, with D-rank costs. At Stage Three, the limit is two hundred and fifty pounds collectively with C-rank costs. At Stage Four, the limit is infinite, but with S-rank costs. So in order for a Tsukino with base Dokushinkagan, they can move any objects that collectively weigh ten pounds but at the cost of 5 chakra, et cetera et cetera. Speed-wise, it scales up with the user's rank adding ten plus five compared to the previous increase per rank, starting a 5 m/s. So...

• D-rank user: 5 m/s
  • C-rank user: 20 m/s
  • B-rank user: 40 m/s
  • A-rank user: 65 m/s
  • S-rank: 95 m/s

The speeds eventually go over the listed tiers, but I feel this is fair - because it's not so much actual techniques running toward the opponent, but various objects. Needless to say, a book is not nearly as deadly as a fireball, requiring higher speeds to do higher damage.

Name: Telepathy
Canon/Custom: Custom
Cooldown: One Post
Description: The user can transmit a mildly complex string of thought or a surge of emotion toward an individual through eye-contact. This can either be used offensively as a sort of disruption or defensively to work in silent teamwork with allies.  Only tier-two Dokushinkagan is capable of this.

Name: Mind-Reader's Eye
Duration: Two posts (or until eye contact is broken)
Cooldown: Three Posts
Description: The user can receive mildly complex strings of thought or a surge of emotion through eye-contact. This gives the illusion of, in more reflexive Tsukino clansmen, precognition - they read the mind of the opponent and react before the opponent can actually finish the plan they think of. Only tier-three Dokushinkagan is capable of this.

Name:  Combat Telekenesis
Cooldown: Two Posts
Description: Combat Telekenesis is the awe-inspiring power of the fourth stage of the Dokushinkagan. It allows the user to lift anything - while normal telekenesis is limited to weight, Combat Telekenesis holds no boundaries, capable of flinging massive structures at the opponent as well as molding the shape of the flung object to their linking (trimming a tree to make a giant spear, et cetera).

Last edited by Tsukino_Amaya on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:17 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

D-rank
I'm going to need more details about the abilities and traits for each tier of the dojutsu, as well as some sort of visual to see what each tier of the dokushinkagan looks like as well.

Tsukino_Amaya

D-rank
The visual aspect has been done the best I can - I have no picture source pre-made, so I did an MS paint sketch. Not the best, but I hope it works! As for more details on the abilities and tiers, I'm not sure what needs to be elaborated. Each tier has a visual appearance change and (in the cases of telekenesis) upgrades or (the rest) grants a new kekkei genkai ability. If there's something else I need to clarify, apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
I'm sorry, but the very nature of this clan is broken and all of the abilities will have to be toned down or removed completely. Telepathy and telekinesis are prohibited. People have tried before, and they are impossible to balance without completely changing them from what you originally wanted.

Tsukino_Amaya

D-rank
Ah... yeah. I got a warning from someone in a PM saying that might be the case. I suppose I'll give this up then, if I'd have to change them from the base idea. Thank you for your time! I'll see if I can come up with another clan idea, or find one that I like otherwise.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
I'm sorry for the inconvenience... and the delay in me getting to this. For balance's sake though, I can't really allow something with that much potential for abuse. Contact me when you have decided on another clan/try to create another one. I'll do my best to get to it with more haste.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.