You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank

So much had happened since she arrived here.

And yet…. Not much had changed.

It was still early morning in Kirigakure, and even as the female carefully paced her way silently down the near deserted streets, everything looked the same. Everything seemed the same.
With the ghostly mist still coiled about the skyward structure walls, and the long emerald grass that hid deceptively deeper puddles. Those amber lights reaching faded arms through the haze and the warm family voices that followed.  The musk and smoke and years and years of memories, lingering in the air floating about on the iced bitten breeze. This village.... this place; it  nearly looked the same as it had done the moment she had stepped through it's gates a life time ago... Nearly.
Yes. That's right. It was hard to ignore. The burnt portion dividing the luscious green, like a hideous black scar through paradise. The new shade of red ingrained in to the wood as she tested a step across the bridge. The crumbled buildings crushed when the village eyes were not looking. These mistakes would take months to wash away. Years maybe. These mistakes that were not there before when she came in to this water logged village.

Her.

Mistakes.

But we learn from our mistakes...

Taking a deep breath of the moistened air, Tenmei Sotsuji adjusted her bag over her shoulder once more and forced her steely gaze from the black clawing mass just visible through the fog and to the ground where she some how still stood. The village hidden in the mist; had come close to being the first home since she had left the snow behind. The constant chill of the rain, the consistent warmth of the people. The moments where she could let go and just let the cold take her in.
But even after all this time she was still an outsider. People still looked to her like she was an intruder treading all over their perfectly grafted gardens. People still blamed her for everything that happened. This... was inevitable. It was time. It was finally time to go.
So... with conviction lifting the weights from her steps, and the whispers dusting off the doubts, the special jounin continued her way to the gates for the last time.

...the last time.

"Hey. Where do you think you're going?"

It had been a while since she had heard that voice last... but Tenmei had far from forgotten. Those accusing undertones and spiteful glances. Arms folded, tensely poised, ready to strike with the force of his arrogance.... The first time they had met she was only a genin. New to the land and unsure of her strengths, he and his friends had cornered her like a scared mouse and  easily shown her just how much she wasn't wanted in this place. The next time was almost a year later and he had avoided her like she had the plague and made sure everyone else did the same. And the time after that....well, he wouldn't even make eye contact. And here they were again, standing face to face, her silver steel eyes meeting with his blue ones. Fire and water. Ready and prepared. Unstoppable and unmovable.....

"Step aside. I'm leaving"

"Oh? Where is your proof of permissions?"

Silence.

That's right. Permission. When she fought with the Lady Mizukage, Tenmei had declared that she was leaving. That she was going to walk out those gates the next day and no one could stop her. Back then there had been no answer. No try to convince her otherwise or denial of her demand. There had just been anger and tears and a shattering acceptance. But there was no official permission to leave....
No, it didn't matter. Defect or just be let out to walk the world Tenmei didn't care. One way or the other she was leaving this sinking land. And if it meant going through her child hood bully. Well....

"Did you not hear me, fire bitch? I said: where is your permissions?
Present them or piss off. I don't have time for outsiders like..."

There was no stopping it.

Her eyes flashed orange. Her knife flashed silver.
Before Tenmei could think about what she was doing; one hand had flicked down to the knife at her hip while the other had grabbed at his collar. Then, with a grip like iron and and strength like steel, she pulled him close enough to see the predatory golden in her eyes before slamming him back in to the gates he denied her, with a bone breaking crack. But Tenmei was not nearly done.
Without allowing him the moments to catch his breath, she was on top of him, the knife's burning tip poised at the throbbing artery in his neck and her hand pressing slowly...firmly... painfully in to his chest.
Yes. That's right. He wouldn't feel it at first. Just a growing warmth reaching through the layers of clothes, kissing his skin. But soon she would burn through his material layers and to the delicate bone protecting the fragile organ. The shinobi had left scars on him before, but this.... this would be the last.

His whimpering. His pleading. The worried eyes watching.

That's it, show them. Show them all.
Make them remember. They can't hold you back any longer.

Blank amber eyes. Pale empty expression.
Tenmei would not stop until she could feel his heart beating and the only thing standing between her and the world behind her, was the open gate and cleared path.

They can't stop me now.

-----
words: 947

Last edited by Tenmei on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Binsu

Binsu

D-rank

It all started with a flicker of light on the metal’s tip.

“You don’t want to do that…” Binsu interrupted the lady’s act.

~

Earlier that morning, Binsu had woken up very early in the morning to prepare for his long journey to Konoha. The man wanted to leave as early as possible, so he could arrive in Konoha as early  as possible. After stuffing his only bag with enough clothes to last him a fortnight, Binsu gathered all his other items and made room for them as well. Kunai, shuriken, a few swords and two pairs of armour, he had just enough room to fit all of them in the bag without breaking it too much.

Once he was satisfied with his packing, Binsu pulled out a lone scroll from the bottom of his pockets and spread it wide open across the wooden table beside his bed. After staining the blank part of the scroll with ink marks that took the shape of a few familiar sealing marks, Binsu would thread together a routine of different hand signs before sealing the large bag with all his items into the scroll using fuinjutsu. Sealing his gear into a tiny scroll made it easy for him to transport a large number of things to and from different villages without having to pay anyone to ‘professionally’ move them with other methods, such as shiping them on a boat or hiring a horse carriage to transport them. It also reduced the weight of things he was carrying, so he could use all of his energy on walking instead of using part of it to lift the heavy equipment. After all his packing had been complete, Binsu checked out of the motel he had been staying at, before making his way slowly towards the village gates.

~

Binsu stopped in his tracks, his companion Hades sitting just on top of his right shoulder in his little bird form. A flicker of light reflected off of a metal object caught his attention. He moved slowly towards it. Before him, was a young man who didn’t look much older than himself, laying down on the floor with an angry lady on top of him. She had the man suppressed. It seemed as though she was slowly forcing her free hand into the man’s chest. From behind Binsu couldn’t see clearly what she was doing to him, but he could tell it caused him a lot of pain. “He’s not worth your time and energy, save your rage for your true enemy,” Binsu spoke out to the lady from behind, his voice echoing through the wolf mask he wore over his face. He’d take a small step towards the pair, making sure he didn’t get too close as to startle her in any way.

Binsu couldn’t care less about whether the man would die or not, he too hated the low-life guards that claimed to be the protectors of the villages he once worked for. They stood at the gates telling their villagers they were safe under their watch, yet they couldn’t even protect themselves. Although Binsu fancied the idea of waltzing up to each village’s boarders and killing all who claimed to be that village’s guard, he knew his strength couldn’t be wasted on their pathetic souls, they didn’t deserve the honor of dying on the end of his blade. They didn’t deserve to die in the warmth of his chakra, and even his dullest kunai would be wasted on the surface of their skin. The man knew nothing of the lady’s past, nor did he know why she had decided to attack the man in the first place, but he wanted to know. He developed a strong empathy towards her, and it all started with a flicker of light on the metal’s tip.

655 words

Last edited by Binsu on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank

“You don’t want to do that…”

He’s not worth your time and energy......"

Silence

-----

For a few, long moments...she said nothing.
The woman just sat there. Blood stained fingertips reaching towards his heart beat, perfectly calmed, steady, poised in thought. Quietly observing the rise and fall of his marred chest with half baited interest.
But then... slowly... very slowly, the thoughts trickled away. The curiosity fell away and she eased her touch from the man's chest. The silver tip retreated from the throbbing carotid and by the time those precious moments were over, she had freed him from her weight and instead, simply stood above him; looking down. Watching as if she were considering a the life of an insect crossing her path.
It did hardly seemed worth the energy to raise her foot and crush the last beating breaths from his ribs. Hardly. But he had done things to her and done things to others that were not easily forgiven. Things that made her feel like a stranger in her own home.  But he was right. The creature cowering before her was not worth the heat she had given. And so....as the amber glow dulled in her steel grey eyes, she stood back from him, allowing him the space to breathe.

"Go on. Leave. Now.
Tell your Kage what happened. And don't ever come back"

You shouldn't have been so merciful

After Tenmei had patiently... anxiously watched the male stumble to his feet only after she watched him skulk off to the hospital, did she turn around to see whom had stopped her justice.

"That man is a coward and a bully.
What is he to you, that you ask me to spare him?"

The Special Jounin wasn't sure what to expect when she looked up from the red stained wood at her feet. But she sure as hell wasn't expecting the one who stood before her now.
At first glance, he looked to be her exact opposite. The way he covered himself with armour. Hiding his face, masquerading his identity but still looking as fierce as any creature walking these lands. Even through those layers she could sense his clearly greater strength.
But Tenmei on the other hand.... she hid nothing. With stomach and arms openly exposed, trousers slit up each side; scars, bruises, the burn marks all creeping up from thigh to neck like mutated ivy. Her weakness was as plain as the jet black hair that hung around her stone silver eyes. There for the world to judge. All these people, they knew who she was and what she had done. It didn't matter how she tried to cover up. Everything. All of it.... it just burned away anyway.

But still... she listened.

Arms tensed at her sides, knuckles white around her blade; even as the ghostly wisps of steam poured off her skin; the Sotsuji still listened to his reasons for letting the other man escape with nothing but a burn. 
Yes, words was all she would allow this time. Ever since that fight with the Mizukage, Tenmei had her mind set on the other side of those gates and the foot-printed path that lay beyond it. Since then she had to wait for her leg to heal. She had to wait for the markets to open, wait until she had packed everything. She had to wait for a stupid jounin to back out of her way. And now.... now there was yet another who threatened her path. Well she wasn't going to stand for that. Not now after so long.
So with her chakra flowing like lava under her skin, and her free hand ready to make a hand sign with a breath's notice; she took a bold step forward towards the armored stranger.

"Are you planning on stopping me also? Because I assure you stranger, not even your armour can protect you forever"

Nothing lasts forever

--------------------------------
Words: 666
Total: 1613

Binsu

Binsu

D-rank

The wounded man rose to his feet, slowly. So slowly that Binsu could have sworn he saw the man's shadow change position before he did. It was clear he wasn't in the condition to try and cheat an attack onto either the kunoichi or he. Left with only one option in order to save what was left of his pathetic life, the man limped slowly towards the hospital with blood-stained clothes. The lady who had done the deed of giving him the wound slowly lifted herself up, but only when she had seen the last of her victim's body did she turn to face the man who had stopped her act.

Binsu could see hatred in her eyes, the anger within her had gathered in her irises in a red-ish colour scheme. Binsu could tell he had imagined this odd colouring in her eyes, his mind often attached certain colours to his own emotions or those emotions he could see in others. The lady eyed his face, or rather his head as the former hid under the guise of his wolf-shaped mask. Binsu saw not only anger in the woman's eyes, but also saw love. A person who could not love wouldn't have let that man go, if not so easily. "Go on. Leave. Now.
Tell your Kage what happened. And don't ever come back"
, were the female's last words before fixing her eyes onto the man's limping body as it faded away into the distance. The Jounin could hear the hatred in the lady's voice when she uttered her command, and he could tell most of that rage was aimed towards him for allowing the man to live.

Her next words left Binsu speechless. "That man is a coward and a bully.
What is he to you, that you ask me to spare him?"

The simple answer to that question was that he didn't think he was worth killing, but that answer wouldn't have been a sufficient excuse for him asking for the girl to spare his life. Before giving the woman an answer, Binsu organised his thoughts. He had to be careful with what he would say next, one bad word and the lady could misjudge his intentions. After he was sure of what he would say to the lady, he opened his mouth and spoke through the wooden mask that shielded his face. "He is nothing to me unfortunately, and i can't honestly say i have a reason good enough for you to understand why i asked you to spare him. But remember, in the end it was you who decided to spare him, for you could've easily ignored my request and got rid of him for good," Binsu spoke. Binsu glared into the eyes of the lady, unsure of whether or not she had understood him. He doubted she did, but he knew better than to assume things so quickly without any evidence.

"Are you planning on stopping me also? Because I assure you stranger, not even your armour can protect you forever" the lady continued, her voice sounding sharper than before. Binsu tilted his head down a bit as he thought hard about the lady's question and remark. '...not even your armour can protect you forever' those words rung loudly in his ears, echoing on and on in his mind as he thought about how he'd respond to the somewhat challenge. "You're right...my armour has its limits, but if i had planned to depend on it alone for protection, i wouldn't have made these swords i wear, or have learnt the numerous jutsus and techniques i have locked in my brain. No, my armour is only the beginning of my defence, just as the first snow-flake is the beginning of winter. The man would take a pause, before addressing the first part of the lady's question. The important part. "Even if i did decide to stop you...there would be nothing you can do, to stop ME."

1340 words

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank
"What did you just say....?"

The words were quiet. Strained. But ringed clear with a warning. He was treading towards dangerously thin ground.

He thinks you aren't strong enough

She could feel it now. That tiny, candle light flickering in her chest, reflecting its sparks in the steel grey of her eyes. The unsettled stirring in her stomach, the the restlessness of her clenched fists. The heat that tainted her breath with a sweetened taste of fire. It would only take a minute for the ignited chakra to start slowly...slowly crawling through her veins like molten lava though a maze.
Oh yes.
She remembered this sensation.
The way that heat would spread through her body like a bush fire, reaching through the taught muscles, wrapping around her bones; spreading and growing...rising. Faster and faster and faster.... Until she could feel the pressure, clawing at the inside of her skin, begging, pleading to be released so it could consume the world. This feeling was as familiar to her as breathing. And this time she wouldn't be lost to it. This time, Tenmei Sotsuji was in control... and she wasn't losing to anyone.

"Who do you think you are?"

Another glance left. Eyes flickering back to him and the empty eyes of the mask he wore. It was unnerving.

He is just like the others

But, he would be able to feel it too now. Through his armour, behind his mask, creeping in to every crack and crevice like fingers poking through the hair line openings; Even within the heavy mist, he would see the pure vengeful heat pouring off the kunoichi's skin.
But despite the wild ferocity that rippled the air with waterless waves. And despite the steam that swirled about the mist in a spectacle of silvery white; there was some control behind it all. Some.... direction.
The way she held the knife so tight her knuckles went white. How she changed stance ever so slightly, amber glowing eyes narrowed, free hand clenched in front of her chest; not one action, not one word... none of it.... none of the anger that boiled under her skin, parting the mist; was truly directed at the one before her. No, He was just another shinobi that stepped in her line of fire in the wrong place at the wrong time. And for that mistake, he would pay for it.

"Standing there and calling me weak...you know nothing"

Her friends. The people that stared. The coward limping away.
They all had seen the scar through forest and the blood on the bridge. All her fault... yet she still stood steady

So show him that he's wrong.

The growing heat. The change in stature. Words as sharp as blades
It would only take seconds for the female to shift her balance to one foot and swing out her leg in a perfectly executed round house kick.
But no sooner was the movement over, a wave of boiling heat, fire, danger; came roaring towards him with the female following close behind, her blade coming fast to cut through his shoulder joint.
All the while, her eyes would search for any weakness. In his armour, in his swords... in his stance. Desperately seeking that chink that would equal out their difference in strength.
Even though Tenmei was like a bush fire in summer, the female still knew what she was doing. Her training, her instincts, everything the Mizukage and Kaguza had taught her about control. She would use all of that knowledge to land that strike if she could and then use that same momentum to follow through with a kick to his solar plexus.
She would break through that armour. And then Tenmei would show him that he was wrong....

Very wrong.

--------
Words: 635

Chakra 200/250:

Last edited by Tenmei on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Binsu

Binsu

D-rank

"What did you just say....?" the woman's voice pierced through his mask and tapped into his mind. Binsu knew he had encouraged her bitter side to wash over her emotions, drenching her mind with thoughts of hatred towards the unfamiliar soul. Angered, but not quite infuriated.

Her grip tightened and the blade she held in her hand twitched. Binsu noticed...

What monstrosity had he awoken? The bickering of his emotions and thoughts took over; he couldn't tell whether he was intimidated by the lady's change in mood, or whether he had made the right choice in defending his armour's usefulness with an attack towards the woman's offensive capabilities. Perhaps she'd prove him wrong altogether, perhaps she'd lay waste to his armour and prove his skills incomparable to her's. A glimpse at the thought of Binsu losing his first fight to a woman sent negative vibes down his throat in the form of phlegm, which rolled down his throat and entered his stomach. A sick feeling in his stomach came soon after, but disappeared as soon as it had arrived. 'Lose to her? Over my dead body', the man thought to himself, as he watched the rage from within the lady build up. It seeped through her veins and discoloured her skin. But wait, metaphorically speaking such a scene could be possible, but reality didn't allow such abnormalities to occur through natural means. What else was it that was causing the woman's skin to change into a warmer colour?

"Who do you think you are?" The second of the woman's questions was fired only a few seconds after the first. Binsu had a clever response to the question. In his mind, it went a little something like this: "Who is the form following the function of what, and what i am is a man in a mask..." but the lady didn't give him enough time to respond before she bombarded him with yet another question. "Standing there and calling me weak...you know nothing" It was clear the woman wasn't thinking any more, or at least wasn't thinking within her mind. She had allowed her emotions to control her words, which consequentially obtained total control over her actions.

Binsu could feel a slight breeze of heat seeping through the gaps in his armour. It was then obvious the lady was utilizing her chakra in an unnatural way in order to radiate it towards her surroundings in the form of heat. 'She's preparing to attack,' Binsu thought as he watched the anger within her build up in a crescendo of words and slight body hints.  Apart from her naked chakra, Binsu could feel another form of chakra within the area, only...it was strange, it was as if it was being emitted by all the natural things around him. The plants, the erath, the sky, the birds that soared high above their heads; Binsu could feel all their energies. In fact, he felt as though he was drawing it towards himself and absorbing it. His Senjutsu training had paid off: he could slowly feel the specialization claiming a spot in his list of abilities.

--

It would only take seconds for the female to swing out her leg in a perfectly executed round house kick, aimed towards his underarm from the side by the looks of it. Binsu not only saw the foot leave its stationary position and fly towards his torso, but he also saw a translucent glow of heat fly in unison with the leg. She had sent more than an average kick towards him. Binsu stiffened his stance, quickly and slightly spreading his legs apart for greater stability as he allowed the kick to come into contact with his body. Hades, the bird that had been perched atop Binsu's shoulder's flew high a few meters above their heads, alarmed by the sudden jerk the woman's foot caused Binsu's body to do. Both his ANBU armour and his Chameleon skin armour worked together to nullify the hit, though the latter made little contribution to the defence.

What was left of the kick was a moderate force that attempted to shift Binsu's position towards the path of the kick, but Binsu provided a small counter-force against the kick by forcing his weight against it. This created little resistance against the kick, as a result Binsu was ultimately forced to into a meter slide across the ground to his left. His feet picked up a small amount of dust from the ground. Binsu had gotten a taste of the lady's strength, however he could tell her overall attack was far from over.

---

With one hand (left) Binsu felt for his Daken sword around his waist, but only felt the naked skin of the leather belt he once held the sword in place with. 'Shit, you sealed them remember,' Binsu thought to himself, as he focused half his attention on reading the lady's next move and half on finding a weak tool to defend himself with. He now saw the woman lunge towards him with her small, unique blade aimed high towards his shoulder: a section of his body he knew his armour could easily protect. Binsu read and timed the lady's movements and made an attempt at reading her speed; she was certainly faster than he it seemed, but that was more provoking than intimidating. He knew he couldn't match her speed, or even come close to mimicking it, but hopefully he wouldn't need to. He watched as her follow-up attack came towards his shoulder, carefully reading the lady's movements as she attempted to execute the attack.

Binsu forced the balls of his feet into the earth beneath them, before pushing against the earth with one quick step that'd send him sliding across the dirtied floor. Dust would fly up into the air in a choreographed, wave-like pattern that followed the direction of the man's feet. As a result of this, Binsu had managed to cover a two second gap between him and the kunoichi, which he used to execute his first means of retaliation before the woman got close enough to finish her piercing jab. From the instant Binsu had initiated the slide backwards, he had already begun forming the required hand signals his coming jutsu required for its activation. The hand sign sequence lasted the duration of the short slide, after which Binsu decided to activate the jutsu whilst he had the little distance away from the woman he had.

A small fountain of mud shot out of Binsu's mouth only to drop a foot in front of him. As the mud rapidly splashed onto the ground, the majority of the flood shot back roughly a meter and a half or less into the air and froze in a specific position. Bits of mud would freeze a meter or so above ground, others would freeze at a lower or higher height than this, until all the mud had froze in position to form a build that resembled Binsu himself. Binsu had formed a perfect clone of himself that was entirely made out of mud, in only as little as 3 seconds, but in the third second his opponent would've if not reached the clone's position already, begun passing through it. Binsu watched the girl pierce her arm through the clone's shoulder joint from a few meters away. He had finally come to a complete stop after the slide away from the lady's reach, his feet powdered with dust and his hands fixed in the position of his previous jutsu's last hand sign. Eyes locked on the clone, as he watched it allow a hole to form as the lady drove her attack through its shoulder, before rapidly hardening into rock the moment most of her arm was inside its shoulder. It'd trap her in place, assuming she didn't change her path within the next second after her attack. The clone was stuck in its solid rock form, it could no longer move and would be unable to revert back into mud. It now only acted as a weak prison for the furious kunoichi, which could only be broken by an attack equal to or above its own rank. Equally a victim with strength as high as the clone's strength can easily break the clone within a second.  

'I've manage to slow her down a bit. Hopefully she will see i do not wish to attack her, but if she insists on throwing another attack at me i'll be forced to strike her down,' Binsu thought to himself, as he waited and watched the woman's next actions, aware that her clone would only slow her down rather than stop her completely. For now, he was at a safer distance than he previously was, his companion Hades hovering three meters high above his head, waiting for his command to attack or defend.

"I could've shattered your bones then, do not pressure me into proving it" Binsu spoke in a lower tone than before...

Chakra 280/300:

Total Words: 2,884

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank
Sensation

She could feel him watching. Peering over at her through those pitch mask eyes. Taking in the heat that seeped from the crawling across her skin. Trying to estimate the fault in her strengths and the cracks in her sky clear weaknesses while as she spouted those wrath fueled words.
Tenmei could almost imagine the thoughts floating around inside the wooden wolf carved face.
"She can't beat me." "She isn't good enough". "Hopeless" "Out of control, out of her league. A child. So pathetic. What a parasite."
The longer she stood there watching him, the more unexplainabley furious she got with the man. How could he be standing there so calm... so still and focused; when the claws of her scorching, searing force of heat were baring down on him like a viscious predator. How could he be watching her with such perfect control after challenging her like that.
It was detestable... unnerving almost that he could just stand there before her without fear. Without anger... Without....

Reaction

Tenmei snapped. Within her next breath, the Sotsuji had shifted her balance, leaned in for the momentum and swung out her leg in a powerful kick. Sending a roaring wave of heat to come rocketing towards him in the trail of her swing. If that had hit... if it everything went the way she wanted to for once, that one blow would have been devastating. The force behind it, the scorching heat if the impact was made then he should have been.... there was nothing. Just. Nothing.
The special jounin had felt the jarring deep in to her core. She felt her heat press in to him like a wave around a cliff side and yet...and yet he barely moved. Just a short couple inches to the side of where he had stood and a familiar scorch pattern to the side of his armour.
This was unacceptable. Already she needed to be better. Her next attack would have to be better.

Do not disappoint me, Tenmei.

It started again with her next breath.
The female pulled back the kick, regained the flawed sense of balance... and then, the moment she had her fingers wrapped around the handle of her clan gifted knife Tenmei came at him once again. But this time, she refused to miss. This time she wouldn't disappoint him.
And at first.... she didn't. The girl's aim was as true as it always had been. But the moment the solid metal pierced through his shoulder, she knew something felt wrong. It didn't feel like the dagger was piercing through muscle and bone. It felt more solid.... like she was stabbing in to the ground... Wait. That's it. That's exactly what it felt like. But the realisation came too late. Tenmei pulled her arm from the clone, just in time for her wrist and hand to be trapped inside, with her heat forcing the clay to go harder the longer she was trapped. It hurt. It was infuriating. And despite how she tried to pull herself free all it did was cause her more pain and to be even more desperate.

Retaliation

She was burning through chakra faster than she was burning through the mist... and Tenmei showed no sign of slowing down. Even with her arm caught in the earthern statue the heat continued to build like a volcano inside a sleeping mountain. But even the earth itself had it's breaking point.
Focusing the chakra in to the palms of her hands, the female waited impatiently until she could feel the heat pressing in around her bones.. her muscles. Pushing against the underside of her skin. She waited until the pressure was so crushingly tight around her fingers, when she suddenly released it one go, blasting it directly in to the body of the clone. If it worked.... if her technique was strong enough, the molded clone would rapidly weaken and crumble.. but only for just long enough for the girl to remove her hand and get some distance before it took it's form once more. His jutsu was strong, she couldn't disspitate it altogether in the first hit. But with any luck she wouldn't need to.

And now it was her turn

While the Sotsuji worked to get her stone trapped hand free, the other hand was slowly building up it's own chakra supply... but this time the process was faster. Deadier. With every beat of her eratic heart, the fire inside would shoot through her arteries with such agonizing force that some of that pressure. That... forced control started to slip through the tightly clenched fists.
Wisps of steam escaped in to the air. Whispers of warmth threaded through the chill, and yet... Tenmei held back. She drew back the  coiledhand and instead dashed forward with every bit of speed she could muster to swing the knife at him again. And this time she was going for the head. The calm faced mask that stared blankly back at her as if nothing could bother it. As if the constant attacks and fighting and harsh words meant nothing to it's carved expression.
No, Tenmei would aim the tip of the knife to calve through the false face and only then... only then would she drive her scorching. Searing. Fist of Fei straight in towards his ribs.

But it didn't end there.

"I could've shattered your bones then, do not pressure me into proving it"

Those words. She almost missed them.

Another threat. Another challenge. It made her blood boil. How could he? This man who so boldly stepped in to her periphery and saved the coward from her justice. This... Shinobi who declared so bravely that he could be stopped by the likes of her. Even now as she stood before him armed and rippling with the heat she wielded, how could he just stand there and threaten her without so much as an inflection of anger.. or fear... or anything that she could read? What was it about him that made her so damned furious?.... The answer was simple.
So simple that the woman was blinded to it.
He wasn't afraid of her. He wasn't intimidated or bothered or angry. He was still and calm. Like the waves lapping steadily under the bridge that day, he was steady and controlled. But she... Tenmei couldn't be more different.
While he was like the gentle ripples, she was like the waves on the beach. Breaking, crashing and pulling away. She had been so terrified of that coward... of their faces and their hate, and their actions.... that the younger ninja had lost herself and reacted like a reckless flame. Yes, the answer was as plain as the burns on her skin.

He was everything she needed to be.....

"Go ahead. You can try break me, to shatter every bone in my body. It's nothing I haven't felt before. But I don't need a clone to fight for me. I dont need a trap. I will turn you and your statue to dust before either of can get close"

... and the very thing she couldn't become.

---
words: 1210

Chakra 185/250:

Binsu

Binsu

D-rank

Binsu stood still from a safe distance, judging every movement the kunoichi chose to make. She hadn’t changed her stance, she hadn’t changed her offensive technique. She hadn’t changed her motive…

It was difficult for Binsu to understand why she chose to fuel her attacks with rage and hatred instead of strength and purpose. One would argue she had demonstrated a great degree of strength in her previous attacks and that they all carried some sort of purpose, however Binsu couldn’t see much purpose in any of her previous attempts at scaring his body with her vengeful attacks, as all but none had failed in misshaping the man in any way. Perhaps she wanted to prove a point; perhaps she wanted to show Binsu he was wrong in doubting her strength and capabilities and declaring her weaker than he, or maybe she simply wanted to show the stranger the unstable side of her, the reflection she saw of herself on the other side of a cracked mirror’s surface.. Her alter ego. Whatever her motives were they weren’t helping the effectiveness of her attacks, nor did they paint a frightful picture of the kunoichi in the rogue’s mind. No. If any image could be drawn of her in the thoughtful mind of the swordsman, it’d be one filled with random splashes of paint all different shapes and sizes; none suggesting any direction or purpose in her actions and quite possibly her life.

One true conclusion that could be drawn from the strangers’ encounter, was that neither fought without reason, no matter the reason. Binsu fought to survive and achieve his personal goals in life. Those he had set for himself, none he had borrowed from others or was told to achieve by another. His shinobi code was as simple as the chorus of any catchy song, ‘every man for himself...’ Although a selfish code it was closer to the truth than the pathetic codes he had heard from other ‘shinobis’ along his journey in life. The swordsman didn’t see beauty in the faces of his friends or foes, but instead saw a story waiting to be told. He didn’t judge people strictly on who they had become, but also took into consideration the experiences that had lead up to shaping their persona. ‘You can’t judge the villain at the end of the story, without knowing the villain they were at the beginning of the story’, Binsu always said.

The kunoichi presented herself as an emotionally unstable outcast that only saw sorrow and betrayal in the eyes of those around her, no matter who they claimed to be. In one sense Binsu admired her cautious nature; it would keep her from making unlucky mistakes such as befriending potential enemies - but it would also keep her away from meeting potential friends. Normally Binsu would would disregard the kunoichi as another worthless, thoughtless body for him to treat as an obstacle to his goals, but Binsu saw more than pain and misery in her eyes. Amongst all the suffering, he saw hope…

Binsu’s mud clone, now a motionless life-size statue of what he looked at the time of its creation, cracked and crumbled at the mercy of the kunoichi’s jutsu. She had managed to escape the clone without burning as much chakra as he hoped she would, but knew she wouldn’t. He expected the clone’s destruction to be much sooner that she had allowed, but that was to his favour. The small rocks that once had been together in the form of a rock-solid Binsu replica had fallen onto the ground in a pile of rubble. Only chunks of earth and dust remained of the useless clone; the clone had reverted back to its natural, undisturbed state. Before he could celebrate however, Binsu saw the kunoichi initiate her second attack soon after giving him a short response to his claim of being capable to shattering her bones.

"Go ahead. You can try break me, to shatter every bone in my body. It's nothing I haven't felt before. But I don't need a clone to fight for me. I don’t need a trap. I will turn you and your statue to dust before either of can get close", the sound of her pain manifesting as her words spoke out in an echo towards his face.

‘She doesn’t understand...she needs to understand,’ Binsu thought to himself, as he felt his eyes begin to water, his vision reduced by 10% due to the blur in his eyes his tears had brought to them. “I do not wish to cause you harm, nor do i intended to expose you of your weaknesses. If only you could listen to your heart and not your mind, you’d see that i’m not your enemy...” Binsu began. He’d pause his rant at the sight of the kunoichi break into a chase towards him, in a similar manner to how she had before. He had enough time to initiate and execute a counter attack before her attack managed to reach him, assuming her attack was one of extreme close proximity. Without letting the woman cover a distance of more than 3 meters after she had decided to break into a chase, Binsu began to gather a large amount of chakra in the palm of his left hand. Thanks to years or practicing and perfecting his skill in chakra manipulation, Binsu had managed to gather all the chakra he needed for his upcoming jutsu within a second and a half. He then quickly fed the chakra raiton properties and exposed the nature of his jutsu a second later. The chakra took on the shape of a canine beast’s paw, complete with the claws and fur, though these shapes and textures were only ‘illusions’ of the jutsu’s actual appearance. The beast hand was at least 3 times the size of Binsu’s own hand and it cloaked his entire arm, his biceps and shoulder being the exceptions. And to think he had done all this in the time frame of 2 and a half seconds or less.

His attack was ready, all he needed to do was wait for the kunoichi to come into close proximity with him in an attempt at delivering a blow towards his head, but before she got the chance to he’d finish his sentence saying, “...you are, your own enemy.,” after which he’d decide to either stop her attack with his own or cancel it. The latter would only be a choice did the lady choose to yield.

(OOC note:) This attack was not used in this post, but is active -

chakra 260/300:

Total thread WC = 4002

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank

She watched it crumble

---------------------------------

She watched as the frail, lifeless imitation of the calmer shinobi, cracked, and crumbled; falling apart piece by faulted piece like a time wronged statue until it was nothing but clay dust at her feet. What a pathetic master piece it was. Fragile. Damaged Pathetic. It was such a pity that this stone...this creation she had broke so easily... was the perfect metaphor for what she was really feeling.
That's right. A couple months ago her life had been like the clone. Simple. Perfect. Every little piece coming together like it should be. It was exactly the way it should be. But then.... something happened. Something sudden. A concussive blow that would send soul shivering tremors through the stability of her mending world. And it all started here. Yes. It was right... here when that first piece broke away. She had lost her good friend Masanori because when she needed to be strong and calm and controlled and better. She cracked. Like that false clone she started to crack

Then she lost Izanami
and she cracked again

And was told Aya was dead
and she started to crumble

Kichirou had not forgiven her
she was falling to pieces.

They left her behind

All that was left, was a pile of smouldering embers, clawing and scraping through the mist. Trying to find that little breath oxygen so it could once again breathe fire once more.

--------------

The distraction of the clone lasted no longer than a minute.
A hint of a breath. A flicker of embers. And once more she turned her amber tinted eyes towards him.. and his bold claims of innocence.
He claims not to harm yet he traps you in stone. He wishes not to reveal weakness but freely states you can't stop him. Liar. Cheat.
But was he really? It was true that the male had said that the likes of her could not stop the likes of him. And then he trapped her in stone. But not once.... Not once had he attempted to retaliate and attack.
It was confusing. It was frustrating. It was infuriating. The thoughts, the heat, the suffocating mist, the raging anger that howled louder than a storm inside her ears. The armoured being that stood there silently mocking her with what could have been. What she should have been. No. She wanted it to stop. She needed it all to stop. And with that precious oxygen teasing her lungs... There was only one remaining obstacle in her path.

"I’m not your enemy...”

She heard the words, but the Sotsuji didn't listen.
With a storm of unseen fire building in one hand, and a double bladed knife gripped tight in the other, the female was deafened to everything but her erratic heart beat, pounding in her ears like a war drum and the memory echoes deep inside her thoughts.
The heavy hollowed footsteps pounding the scorched wood. The breathing trying desperately to keep up with her pulse. The vicious growl as she tore through the mist like a starved predator. Every other sound, every.... cursed noise and feeling was nothing but an irritating hum under her skin. And so she came at him. Tenmei Sotsuji came at him with every tiny fragment of strength and speed and presicion that the special Jounin could drag together in those precious seconds.

Don't stop. Don't slow down. Don't give him an inch.
You are stronger than they want you to believe.

The tip of her knife coming straight for the wolf headed mask.
The fist clenching tight all the anger and fear she needed him to feel.

Hunt them down. Fight them all. Kill all that stand in your way.

There was no stopping it now. Tenmei was done. It was over.
She was through with being stuck in this sodden village. She was through with being looked down on because of her nature.
She would show him. She would show them. Her mistakes her faults her cracks and fractures; it didn't make her weak. It didn't hold her back. She would break him before she.....

“...you are, your own enemy.,”

What? No!

Minutes. Seconds.
Heartbeats before he razor edge of her blade pierced through the softer wood, she hesitated. Paused... frozen in the moment of attack, the female's grip loosened to a different a hand sign. A symbol that would bring forth a raging gale, a howling sphere of slicing winds that would hack away at his armour the moment it's reach graced his torso.
It would slice at him, it would slice away at her, but it did nothing to stop the moment from slipping away, nor did it slow her momentum.
It was too late now. It was too late for her. For him.
She was coming for the jounin. And if he didn't act... if he didn't do something. Then the young female would strike him with the ferocity and the rage and the strength of a flame tornado. Even if it meant that this would be her last attack.

Even if it meant her light went out for good

----

Words: 866
Total: 4382

Chakra: 170/250 :

Binsu

Binsu

D-rank

His arm lay readied by the side, only inches away from his hip, his lightning claw jutsu still cloaking the shape of his hand ready to bite through its targets on the command of its master. Binsu wasn’t intending on using the technique on the kunoichi. No. It was more of an intimidating tool than an offensive weapon. However, the kunoichi insisted on forcing his hand to use the jutsu for the undesirable purpose. She sought to ruin the man and his cold and uncomfortable figure. His calm and collected reaction to her agitated and relentless behaviour only fuelled her hatred towards him. He could feel it. Her motives were as clear as glass, as obvious as obvious can be, but amongst all that chaotic behaviour he could see order. A clear path to her true intentions. It had taken him a few minutes to understand the lady’s mindset, but it’d take him a little more than a lifetime to understand who she truly was. Binsu only hoped she’d let him live long enough to try, but she disappointed him.

The lady pursued her meaningless chase towards the swordless swordsman, enraged as ever and without proper thought. His hand clenched into a fist, the last sign of his promise not to launch the attack towards her, but as she came closer than he’d imagined she would, Binsu’s decision was made for him. He felt he would be forced to use the attack in order to stop her for good, or at least for a long enough time for him to explain the errors of her way. She came an inch closer and Binsu released the attack; raising his arm up from its held position before aiming the attack towards the kunoichi’s chest. At this moment the attack was triggered, but this was around the same time the lady decided to stop her offensive pursuit, a second too late. The moment before his attack had left his hand the lady activated a counter attack that looked too weak to be a worthy match for the swordsman’s own offensive attack. She summoned a gale force wind attack aimed towards the swordsman’s location, which looked too dangerous to not avoid. The crackling lightning claw flew straight into the blanket’s volume and passed through it. The wind had weakened his attack significantly, but it was still strong enough to carry out its owner’s initial purpose for it: to push back the kunoichi.

The claw poked through the wind storm and soared towards the kunoichi, travelling at slower speeds than before yet still pretty fast. The attack made its way towards the lady and kissed the surface of her clothes with its devastating lips, ripping holes and slits through the lady’s clothes before reaching the surface of her skin. Due to the attack having been weakened by the opposing force of the lady’s offensive attack, the jutsu was only able to cause 1st degree burns to the area of impact on the lady’s skin and would only knock her back a few meters. As the kunoichi failed to avoid the attack she’d see herself hurl backwards onto the cold floor behind her. Binsu made no attempts at cushioning her fall, even though he was more than capable of doing so. As a result of the lady’s wind attack Binsu was forced a few meters back once his attack had passed through her’s, but received no damage from the attack fortunately enough.

His feet carved skid marks across the ground, picking a small amount of dirt up off the floor as he slid backwards. When he came to a halt he re-stabilized himself and paid attention towards the disturbed kunoichi. ‘I was too slow, i couldn’t stop myself...’ Binsu thought, as he lay his gaze across the results of his attack. A quick glance towards the center of his chest armour proved her attack had done little damage to him, however it did leave a few curvy, shallow scratch marks across the metallic material. “I...i’m sorry, i couldn’t act fast enough to stop the attack,” Binsu cried out towards the kunoichi. It had to be a new record: a swordsman had managed to not only defend himself against, but also successfully attack another shinobi without the use of his swords.

Chakra 260/300:

Thread WC: 4738

OOC: sorry for the late response

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank

It was beautiful

------------------------

Mercury blue skies swirling with silver and white; reflected it's dim light in to her pale grey eyes as she stared emptily in to the misty clouds. Feeling the cool, salt tainted spray against her smouldering skin. Her blood speckled lips.
For as long as Tenmei Sotsuji could remember, she hated the water. She despised the way it went on forever. The way it would hide it's creatures and it's bottomless pits under the ever changing surface. Feigning the calm and still that she never seemed to obtain before breaking apart over rocky stability.
But here, floating gently at the edge of the white capped ripples it was strange. It was... peaceful. All the noise from before: The wind as loud as thunder and the cutting crackle of lighting. The voices screaming in her head, louder than both. As the icy tendrils of water reverted to the gaseous form and started to slowly... slowly wash over her and pull her under the shallow surface, she was not afraid. Not this time.

But fear wasn't something scared away so easy

How could you have let this happen?

----------------------------

It had all happened so fast.
Even her memories struggled to keep up.

Footsteps alight and light against the water worn wood. Amber eyes a flash of tangerine in the mist. Short inhales and exhales escaping in snake like wisps of chilled steam. The female could no longer feel the cool metal of the knife pressing in to her palm, or the bitter metallic tang resting heavy on her tongue. She could no longer feel the strain of her muscles as she pushed her limits to get to him and finally make him understand her frustration. All the Special Jounin could remember feeling then was the raw exposed wrath that set her skin alight and filled her with an irrational ravenous desire to slice that mask from his passively calm features.... To carve through his flesh and bone and wood and every scarp of material he wore just to prove that maybe... just maybe she was not the only one here afraid of the one standing opposite. That she was not as weak and as pathetic as they had convinced her in to believing for so many years.

Show them all. Show the world.
Make them see the truth we see

She got so close.

The glimmering tip of the blackened blade. The screaming winds pushing in to his armour. The earthly scent of charred wood and singeing material. All of it... every feeling, every inch she crept closer. Every word in her mind spurring on the weighted footsteps; Tenmei became more sure of her reasoning.
He was right. He was always right. There was no stopping it now. Her mind had been made up. This creature... this being so steady and controlled. This shinobi who was the very epitome of what she should have become when the Seven Bells came calling. He would be the very last trial the village hidden in the mist would throw at her. The last obstacle to overcome. But  Tenmei Sotsuji wouldn't back down.
Not now not ever. Not when freedom to be who she was born to be, was just beyond those gates. She wouldn't be hold back. It was over.

C.R.A.C.K!

She remembered this feeling. The stinging streaks across her skin like serrated whip lashes tearing through her clothes, coating the scars with pinkish red burns. The cry of pain when the bone shuddering impact collided mercilessly with her ribs, throwing her to the air as if she were being cast aside like a uselessly broken doll.
The Special Jounin braced herself for when the ground would rush up with it's painfully crushing embrace. Breaking her shoulders, bruising her back holding her back once more.... but it never came. The pain never came. In it's place was the most wonderful hollow numbness she had experienced since that day in Yuki all those years ago. But this time, it wasn't snow that had frozen shattered her temper. It was the icy grip of water coming up around her battered form.

------

How could you have let this happen?

Time seemed to past slower now. It felt like it took forever for the feeling to slip away.... for her nerves to reawaken to the cold once more and grant her the ability to move.  And even after with the ability to move and feel... and remember, Tenmei waited out a little bit longer. She waited out those next few minutes just so she could try to hold on to that feeling that little bit longer...until finally, she had no choice but to fight her way through the steaming ripples and scramble to the stability of solid ground once more. Collapsing down on to her knees the moment she knew the ground could hold her.
How had she become so exhausted? When was it that time decided to resume it's normal pace? When did Tenmei stop being so afraid of the water that would have swallowed her whole had she not waited a moment later.  The female wasn't sure. Except that it may have been about the time where she stopped being angry at him.

Another long pause.

"Don't look at me like that..."

The words sounded distant but she knew it was her voice that spoke. Lifeless silver eyes on her trembling hands, water dripping from her hair and what was left of her clothes. Burned, tattered, tossed about.
She knew exactly what she must have looked like to him. Even with the mask still intact she could almost imagine the expression that would say more than any words could describe. And yet... the anger towards him was gone. The need to fight... gone. Disappeared. Dissolved in to the cool air and colder water along side the energy. She had failed. Again. And it had nothing to do with him.

"You were...you were right to stop me from hurting that coward. To stop me from hurting you.... You were right to not be afraid of me. I'm.... I'm sorry. Just stop looking at me like that. Like you pity me"
She couldn't help it. Fingers clenched in to her palms, inner heat working to dry her sopping skin from the inside out. The female refused to look at the empty masked eyes as she grasped for the nearest post to help her back to the unstable feet.
  "You should just go. I won't fight you again. I can see that.... I can see that I am still not strong enough. I'm sorry"

Exhausted. Hungry. Dehydrated. Tenmei Sotsuji wanted nothing more to get out of here. Leave her mistakes and her disgraces behind. All there was left to do now was to stumble her way through that gate and hope that her shame didn't follow.

I'm so sorry.

----
Words: 1166
Total: 5548

OOC: I too am sorry about the wait

Binsu

Binsu

D-rank

Once again Binsu had found himself lost in the presence of a girl, no a lady. A misunderstood mistress. A kunoichi. Only this time he wasn't captivated by her honestly attractive appearance, nor was he mesmerized by the shimmering grey light that burned furiously in her eyes to give them their metallic silver glow. No he wasn't taken away by her slender figure or her heated attempts to strike fear into the un-phased swordsman’s somewhat cold heart. No. This time it was her mind, that beautiful mind of her’s that had sparked his interest. The very thought of taking a glimpse into her mind caused goose bumps to surface across his arms and legs, it caused the hairs on the back of his neck to stand on end. Unfortunately however he’d have to first earn her trust in order to learn the contents of her mind. Fortunately enough that meant the lonely swordsman would have to befriend the magnificent creature that had just tried to kill him. She didn’t intend to kill me, Binsu tried to convince himself, but he had no evidence to prove that. Oddly enough the evidence that he did have suggested the opposite.

The results of his attack came a moment too soon; the swordsman felt thoroughly weak for being incapable of stopping even a jutsu he had cast himself. He felt the guilt swarm over him in the form of a pounding wave that was the sight of the wounded kunoichi, desperately fighting against the overwhelming pull of gravity with nothing more than her limp knees to support her weight. For that moment she stood below his towering height, Binsu felt regret. Self anger. Pity, but above all else, great empathy towards the kunoichi. It wouldn’t be the last time he felt this towards another shinobi, but in truth it was the first time in his short history on Earth. What killed the man inside so much was the thought of being the one guy in the world who had to see the kunoichi like this. But what if he wasn’t the first? What if he wasn’t the only one who had? What did it matter? The odd thought of wanting to, ‘fix’ her stained Binsu’s mind, but what if in turn she also fixed him? Repair the feelings he had lost after being separated from his family? His home, his friends. His life. What if they could help each other...could it possible for two broken things to fix each other? Would fate allow such blasphemy?

"Don't look at me like that..."

Like what? Binsu thought to himself, he couldn’t read the look on his face, and his wooden mask only made it that more difficult to. That dreaded mask that he had to sustain on his face in the fear that one day he’d be discovered by someone inconvenient. It wasn’t so much a fear as it was a precaution; an automated habit he chose to maintain for the sake of keeping his identity a secret and ultimately his past. The kunoichi however didn’t choose to shelter her identity for her own reasons. Her face was exposed for anyone to register, her facial expressions open for external interpretation from strangers. Whether it was a result of the sudden attack against her, or it was simply the time for it, the kunoichi’s mood suddenly changed. Hatred no longer engulfed her thoughts, she no longer wished to pursue the masked man with intention to wound him. She had changed. He knew it. He could feel it in her words, he could see it in her eyes, those crystal clear eyes. He read her expressions like an open book, a diary of her emotions, with highlighted words where he felt he understood her the most and unmarked blank pages where he had to guess some things about her. Listening to her words was like listening to a song sung in a foreign language: the few words he understood from the lyrics were a perfect representation of the words he and the kunoichi agreed on.

"You were...you were right to stop me from hurting that coward. was i? To stop me from hurting you.... was i? You were right to not be afraid of me was...i?. I'm.... I'm sorry. Just stop looking at me like that. Like you pity me."

The lady had finally spoken her heart, or the immediate part of it. Responding to her request proved a painful task for Binsu, since he felt as though he disagreed with every point she had made. Was he right to let her spare that man’s life? What if he had done something so bad that would deserve his immediate death? What if she was right to try and hurt him? After all, eternal pain seemed to be the one thing in life he deserved after letting his own mother die, after abandoning his own brothers and what was left of his old home? What if he was wrong to deny her his apprehension for her? What if he was more sorry than her? But he was.

“You are…” for once he was lost for words. She had stolen them from him somehow, she had to have, who else could have taken the words he had only a moment ago before she stopped her rage? “...you have sparked my interest. I pity you because i have to stop pitying myself for a change. You and i are akin to each other far more than water is with fire. You and i are like raiton and fire, both burn and leave scars. Both violent in nature, but both can be calmed. Both give off energy rather than consume it or suppress it. You appear to be emotionally unstable, i appear to lack emotion. You and i...need each other to achieve mental equilibrium,” Binsu explained to the young kunoichi, offering his right hand for her's to take so that he may be able to help her up. “...and you know it, don’t you? A far more important question i should ask however, is why are you so unstable?” Binsu sat on the question himself, and he asked himself the reversed version of that question; why is he so emotionless? Before he gave the lady enough time to respond to either of his question, he asked a final question on top.

“Where are you going?”

Total Thread WC: 5824 (- 5011 for training speed to A-3)

WC left: 813

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank
"Why are you so unstable?”

“Where are you going?”

How did you become so broken?

------------

Those scalpel edged questions. Words tempting fate. They hit harder than his Raiton armoured claw did. 
Ever since that day in the snow, all those years ago; All she had been doing, was question. 'Where do I go?' 'What do I do now?' 'Can I trust him? Can I trust them? 'Why stay here if I hate it so much?'
Over and over and over again. She would ask herself these same insecurities. She would ask him, she would ask them and then she would tell herself that it was for her own protection. That it was for her own good. But in reality, all those needless doubts, the lingering worries and stubborn hesitations; they were just holding her back.  Despite how she tried to change over these years. Despite how much she learned here. Tenmei was right back to where she started. Stuck, standing here because of more stupid questions.

"I...don't know"

Of course she didn't know. How could she? Where could someone like her possibly go? The home she once adored had long since been burned to the ground and had been forgotten by time. And the village of Kirigakure no longer cared for her as she had once upon a time, had cared for it. The forests of Konoha, the mountains of Iwa. The expansive desert of the village of sand; she had scarred the land which was supposed to be safe from her devastating secret. The special jounin could only imagine what would happen if... No. None of them were safe enough for someone like her. No where was safe.

But then again... there was a time where she had found someplace...almost comfortable, a place where she truly felt safe. It was during the time when she was traveling with the old man. The female never under stood why but something about always moving, always walking on a different path, always changing, always altering the world around her; It was so strange that the one time where Tenmei Sotsuji really felt at home... was when she had no home at all. And maybe... just maybe it was that precise reason why she hadn't really thought of where to go next.

"I guess... I didn't think I would be leaving Kiri so I didn't....
I was wrong.... Again"

Again.

She felt exhausted... just sitting there. Knees digging in to the softly dampened grains of wood, arms sub consciously brushing off the caked salt residue left on her skin... in her knotted charcoal hair. She almost flinched when the hand reached down to her lowered eye level to help her back in to a some what stable standing position.
A slight pause. A cautious hesitation, then the younger female reached her hand up to firmly grasp his.... but she stopped. Barely a inch from his touch, the female stopped her hand before slowly retracting and clenching her fingers in to her palm, the barest flicker of frustration glancing across her features. No, instead she braced that hand against the nearest, sturdiest wooden pylon and heaved herself up back to her feet before slowly... carefully stretching out the new set of burns and bruises.
She didn't need to look down to see the charred hand print and lightly smouldering ground where she sat a moment ago. Even after all this time. Nothing had changed.

"Why am I.... I don't know. Father always said it was because I was fire. But maybe... maybe because I don't have anything left to hold on to anymore. It's...not a tale suited for light conversation on a chance encounter though"

She didn't dare meet his eyes. As the Sotsuji retraced her few steps back to where her first bout of anger was let off it's restraints to reclaim her bag, she kept her eyes to the bare foot prints below her.
It was time to go. Finally. Finally. Placing a cooling hand on the gates edge, she couldn't help but let that shadow smile creep across her lips. Despite how tired she had become, how starved and dehydrated she had let herself become, the anxious excitment of finding that odd sense of security... that impatient desire to grasp that reaching hand of freedom. She was not afraid. Not this time.
But just before she was about to start down that first new unpredictable path of a new life, Tenmei turned around to the stranger. To the curious entity and his masks and deep cutting questions. Without meeting his eyes, she turned around and took a cautious step closer, approaching him with a different kind of fire inside.

"I don't need anyone. And you are better off without someone like me"
She had said in an almost whisper, her heat growing with traces of a returning anger.
"But I... I never... If that is how you feel. Then come with me. I'm tired of the rain and the mist and the water touched people. I'm leaving this place now and Im not coming back, so if you want to, follow me now through these gates. If not... then this is goodbye"

With that, Tenmei took a deep breath, and stepped through the gates.  One iron weighted footstep after the other she stepped through the gates and kept going. Refusing to look back at the village that had been her home for the last six years. Refusing to give her the option of a second chance. If he followed, if she had left anything behind, if she found herself missing the hazily sodden place, Tenmei wouldn't find out until the gates were no longer in sight and the questions repeating over and over and over again, silenced themselves to a whisper. Because then and only then.... would she be convinced that there was no turning back.

Not this time.

-----

Words: 997
Total: 6545

Binsu

Binsu

D-rank

Chance...

'A chance encounter, was that all it was for her? An accident, an unprepared meeting? In a way it kinda was, but the foolish rogue felt as though it was meant to be. Such a cliche thought; the two of them were destined to meet. Bindi felt as though fate had planned this 'unexpected' encounter to occur today and no other day, with her and him and no one else. The swordsman denied it to be a random encounter, for he believed that in a world where we can only experience what has already happened, there was no such thing as the unexpected. Even the expected can't be truly expected, and what will happen next was always meant to happen. To the ignorant, or rather un-thoughtfull mind, the future was always determined by the small changes caused by material things with the effects of chance, but Binsu fundamentally disregarded chance as a word created by man to represent the unforeseen nature of the predetermined order of future events. Sort of how magic is the word used to explain the unexplainable. All in all, Binsu didn't believe in chance, but arrogantly he knew it was very much a real thing.

The kunoichi was filled with self-doubt, Binsu could feel it. Either she had been forcefully brainwashed by the people around her to believe in the weaknesses of her actions, or she had nurtured that self-doubt in herself. He couldn't believe she was as weak as she portrayed herself, not after he had seen her cunning attacks towards him. Although none proved effective against his own arsenal of techniques, all were worth the effort he took in stopping or avoiding them. And the most part of him believed she was holding back. As he stared into her eyes, fighting the urge to force her to accept his helping hand, Binsu could see that even though her dignity had been tested more than once, her pride was never touched. She proudly denied his kind offer to help her up and instead used the strength she had preserved from their previous clash to pull herself from the ground to stand on her feet. Binsu was disappointed in her rejection of his offer, but the respect he now had for her washed that disappointment. A glimmer of light reflected in the young woman's eyes as she moved her glance from the ground to Binsu, meeting the patient swordsman's stare. The rogue caught her glance and maintained the eye contact they had achieved. He felt warm inside as their stares met somewhere in the middle. He could've held that stare for years.

"I don't need anyone. And you are better off without someone like me." The young man contemplated his response to the advice; he wanted to tell her she was wrong, and that he would better off WITH her, but he couldn't be sure of the accuracy of his contradiction. "I will take my chances with you," he reassured the lady, as he took a small step back to give a bit more space, all the while maintaining his stare towards the kunoichi.
"But I... I never... If that is how you feel. Then come with me. I'm tired of the rain and the mist and the water touched people. I'm leaving this place now and Im not coming back, so if you want to, follow me now through these gates. If not... then this is goodbye,"
the kunoichi spoke with a hit of pain in her tone. Her words were sincere and promising: she was inviting him to follow her on the journey he himself began taking a few months ago; the journey beginning with the sudden defection from one's own village, in search for more, whatever more was. More power, more freedom, more choices. If he did decide to join her, she would become as much of his responsibility as he would be her's. If he decided to deny her offer, she would walk away from him for good. She would be forever out of his life and the chances of them ever crossing paths again would be far more than slim. He couldn't bare the regretfull idea of leaving her so soon, the idea of forgetting who she was before he had even learnt about who she was. Joining her in her travels seemed a far more appealing choice.

The swordsman opened his mouth to speak under his mask, tilting his head up as a follow up sign that he was truly about to speak, but then something interrupted him and brought his intentions to a sudden halt. The swordsman could hear the feint noise of footsteps in the distance, the noise came from behind them: where the village hidden in the mist stood. Accompanying the sounds of footsteps was the sight that confirmed the swordsman's suspicions; six men all wearing the kirigakure flak jacket were in a slow chase towards them. They seemed slow from where he stood, but Binsu could see they were getting bigger and bigger, a sign they were getting closer and closer. That cowardly man Binsu had practically saved the life of earlier must've warned the others, but thankfully enough the mix ullage hadn't overestimated their strengthen and skill enough to have sent ANBU operatives after them instead. Binsu shot a quick glance back towards the kunoichi, who was now already halfway through the village gates but had stopped in her tracks in waiting for the swordsman's decision on whether to follow her or not. "We have to get out of here, fast" the swordsman said, purposely not making it too obvious that he had accepted her offer, but had used the word 'we' as a hint that he had accepted her offer. Before letting her respond, Binsu broke into a chase towards the village gates, passing by the kunoichi and not stopping in hope that she would immediately follow.

Total unused WC: 1817 (- 1700 training strength B-1 > B-3)

Left over: 117

Last edited by Binsu on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Tenmei

Tenmei

D-rank
Now

With silenced thoughts

She could finally see the world.

-----------

His disappointment.

She didn't need to see his face. The way he reluctantly withdrew  his touch from her hesitating reach and paced that almost seldom step backwards. The way he turned away with that ever so subtle...slight falling tilt of his wolf carved mask. Tenmei Sotsuji didn't need to see his expression minutely crumple in to that disappointed frown, to know that her pride driven actions had some what wounded him.
It was so.... wonderfully ironic really. These new moments. Barely an hour ago she wanted nothing more than to hurt the older male. The young Special Jounin wanted nothing more than to sink her red hot claws in to his armour covered flesh and rip him apart. Tear bloody through the protected layers to reveal the misplaced feelings she had hoped to see. But now... now the idea was almost painful...haunting. Terrifying. Even though she had curled away from the curious kindness to protect him from the unbiased bite of her defining technique. Even though she still tried to reach out for him in fear that he would disappear too. Just watching the near pain in his steady form bit deep in to her volcanic heart beat.

"I will take my chances with you,"

And still he held on.
But why? What is it that he sees?

More questions. That's all they were.
Even as she stood there in the threshold of what she had been aching for since the news of her mentors assumed death. Unbalanced uncertainty still kept her anxious footsteps rooted to the land of mist.
What if he didn't mean it? What if the those words were just a bandaid until they had got to the other side? The faceless stranger would just become another name in the ashes of a diary. Lost to the wind and a sadder memory. But what if he was telling the truth, and he was true to his word. With him, as steady as the stones lining the waters edge and her as volatile as the fire she wielded, they could become something awesome....frightening. Unstoppable. Was it worth the risk of losing another piece of herself to the unstable expanse of ever changing blue before them? Was the insatiable idea of freedom worth believing in another creature?  Did it even really matter?

No. Of course not.
After all, she never really did learn.

"Then come with...."

She heard them too. The relentless pounding on the hardened ground in a stampede of footsteps and debris. Hands balled in to forceful fists lingering impatiently around the hilt of a sharper edge. The bitter tainted rage flowing easily with every panting exhalation. Even from this gradually receding distance, she could  recognise the intent at the edge of their words as they desperately... ravenously chased their corrupted sense of justice.
Had she looked that horrifyingly ugly when she came at him then?  Had she appeared that pathetic? That hopeless? Well the time for questions was over. Standing there half poised at the open gate, amber tinted silver eyes flickering from the masked entity to the pathway ahead and back to the approaching vengeful mob once more. She waited for his answer. Whether this chance encounter would end with yet another goodbye or it would develop in to another chapter of a longer story. Whatever happened next it was time to....

"We have to get out of here, fast"

She didn't hesitate.

A sharp pirouette. A tightened fist.
Like a smoke trail from crimson flame tips, she followed the older shinobi back through the forest and further away from the approaching nin. Moving so fast... so swiftly that even the trees seemed like just another blur in the mist.
But as two two lithe outcasts progressed further, deeper through the foliage; the towering plants started to change. They stopped being the skyward reaching strength they once were. And instead, they were thinning out, turning, twisting in to hideous black and shriveled... gnarled creatures. Like old men pained with charcoal, scattered about a once luscious escape. It was this scene that caused her to slow to a moment's pause. It was this... memory. What better way to say goodbye to a place she once loved than to be brutally reminded of the reason why not even here, where the air itself was soaked to it's core, was not safe enough to be a home for the young Sotsuji.

"This... this was my fault...."

She had barely got the words out. Between inhaling the musty scented smoke in a shuddering breath and pressing back the lump in her throat, it was minutely traumatizing to see that even after a month passed this place still had yet to start healing.
And yet, she somehow managed to tear her stinging gaze from the devastation and to where the path would continue.

"There is a small private jetti not too far from here. The boats tied there are small but are sturdy enough to get us across to Konoha before it get's dark. They wont catch us in time for us to get on to the water"

Just as he had done, she didn't wait for an answer.
Tearing her feet free from the brittle ruins of her most harshest mistake she once again, sprinted blindly towards the shoreline. Being careful to avoid the unstable branches and dislodged stones. The lost stragglers caught unknowingly in their path. Running and racing and chasing their way through until finally... finally the old wooden structure came in to sight. And thank goodness. Thank goodness there was one boat left. One single perfect little boat.
Just big enough for ten people to sail comfortably yet small enough that only one person could manage it; Tenmei threw down her woolen blanket to land across the lacquered flooring and jumped in soon after, deft hands already reaching for the rope to cast off. The moment they were both in, she would push with every little bit of strength she could salvage from their fight and that would be it. It was over.

Well...almost

"Im sorry to have to do this to you. But it would be better for us both if you steer while I sleep. I get... nervous when travelling across water. And when that happens I.... you probably already know. Wake me up when we get there. And uh.... thank you"

For everything

----
Words: 1083
Total: 7628

------

Travel: 600/7628 = 7028

Reaction Time: B to B3 = 2400
Speed: B to B3 = 2400
Perception: C2 to B = 1400
= 6200 total

7028-62000 = 828 left over

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.