You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
In the Target Fields, Kenji let arrow after arrow soar, all eventually hitting their target. The target fields was a wide area that was about 100 square feet, the majority of the field being scattered with targets of varying shapes and sizes. Along the outskirts were many trees that led to the registration cabin. This was what Kenji did on occasion to keep his archery up to par. Not often did Kenji run into someone that could match him in wits when it came to the bow. There were of course rumors about shinobi who were candidates, but Kenji never paid much attention. He had simply accepted the fact that no one in Kumo had trained their Kyuujutsu to a worthy level.

Kenji's next display to help keep his archery potent: He unsheathed his Hane and tossed it along the ground, cutting through 15 total targets and flinging them in the air. As the targets spiraled viciously, Kenji placed an arrow in the center of every one of the falling spinning targets. Just as the targets contacted the ground Kenji's Hane had circled back to him. He sheathed weapon. He exhaled as he began to grow tiresome of hitting moving targets, stationary targets, unorthodox targets... there was only one type of target left that would keep Kenji's interest... a shinobi target.

Training Endurance: 223

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Zetsume had just been strolling through the fields with his dog Repede as he heard arrows fly through the air. From the sounds he could tell that the shinobi was a very capable archer, maybe even better than he was. Peeked with interest he decided to see who it was. So he began to move toward where the sound had originated. When he arrived he noticed the shinobi right away. Kenji Chikara, or also known as, The Lion Sage. His tales had reached his ears even at his desolate house. He had never met this one before, but he knew that this could be a good chance to meet one of the legendary Sages that lived in his village. How could he pass up such an opportunity.

Zetsume and Repede walked towards him, knowing that he would sense his presence. With a smile on his face he decided to speak to him.

"Hello fellow Kumogakure ninja. Fine day to be training I see. My name is Zetsume Zix, fellow right here is Repede. It is a pleasure to meet you."

He could feel the power emitting from him. It was somewhat scary. Luckily for him they were from the same village.

Zetsume did not know how the ninja would reply to his words. Maybe he would become angry that he disturbed his training, or maybe he would be friendly and they could have a fun spar. He did not know, but he would keep an eye on him to make sure nothing shady happened. Zetsume smiled and held out his hand in hopes the ninja would shake hands. It was a sign of respect from his clan to let another shake their hand but Zetsume could tell that this one was well deserving of it.

WC:295

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji's anxiety continued to rise as he awaited a more animated object for him to aim at. The heart of the hungry lion sage growled on. He didn't get this far by being complacent and content with amateurish feats such as the ones he was stacking up at the moment. A sparkle was in his eye as he daydreamed of an opponent that would give Kenji something to react to. Heart beating just a bit faster now as he envisioned dodging arrows from an archer as skilled as he was... and they would match wits and clash fists. This was maybe hoping for too much, but he couldn't help it. Peaking in the heavens was the sad sun, sulking as its rays were not quite able to penetrate the veil of clouds. A sliver of Kenji's Hane was on display. A few of the inches from the hilt were visible as the katana lied mostly within its sheathe. A slight wrinkle formed in the clouds above. This slight alteration lest a beam of sunlight light through. The light reflected off the sliver of the Hane that was showing. It bounced up and stung Kenji's eye. Reeling back in reaction, he would turn and see a man approaching him.

With a raised eyebrow, Kenji looked the male over. One of the first things Kenji noticed was that he was accompanied by a dog, a lively looking dog at that. Why do I attract animal lovers? Alluding to the number of shinobi he has met that have had animal companions. His analysis moved to key features of the individual. The man's eyes pierced into his. Blue versus Brown. It looks like I've found someone to train with. Commenting on the eagerness in the man's eyes. The guy stood at what appeared to be nearly the exact same height and weight as Kenji. He also had brown hair that was about chin length. The fellow Kumogakure shinobi would speak kindly, introducing himself and the animal that strolled with him. At that point Kenji was standing perpendicular to the man, his neck was turned near 90 degrees to see him. With the introduction, Kenji would turn to face Zetsume all the way. The name jingled a few chimes, but not enough to create a meaningful tune unfortunately.

Nice to meet you Zetsume. I am Chikara, Kenji, but if you're an elite shinobi you are already aware of my identity. It can be quite difficult to remain incognito as a Sannin. After those words Kenji would answer Zetsume's respectful greeting gesture as well by shaking Zetsume's hand. On Kenji's hands were his gloves of reflection that have been equipped ever since his Genin days. Now, this was a very crucial moment in his exchange with Zetsume, he couldn't let him know how anxious he was for a good ol' fashioned spar. So he proceeded calmly. Not many people visit these grounds anymore, the art form that is meant to be honed here has seemed to become lost through the years. Leads me to ask, what brings you here? I'm certain you can't be a practitioner of Archery.

Trained Endurance from D-3 to C rank: 760/525

Training leftover: 235

Last edited by Kenji Chikara on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Zetsume kept a slightly smiled face as Kenji spoke. He did not want to seem rude but he was never the talkative type. It was true that he was aware of his position and face, he knew nothing of his strength of abilities. Just because he had no knowledge did not mean he would play recklessly. Zetsume was well aware of what sannin meant within the villages. Not only did it mean luxuries and political influences, but it also meant that they were among many to be chosen as top three within the village. Though it was just as Kenji said, it was hard to remain Under the radar, so to speak. It was nothing Zetsume never wanted. All the attention seemed to be too much for him. He always knew his true calling was within the Anbu Black ops. It was something he had been training constantly until he felt he was strong enough to pass. When he knew he was strong enough, he would fulfill his jobs as a true knight of Kumogakure. Who knows maybe one day he would attempt for Anbu Captain.

Zetsume laid his right hand on the top of Repede's head before scratching behind his ears.  Still with a smile on his face, he spoke back to Kenji as a reply.

"I was on my way to train, though I did not think I would hear such familiar sounds in the distance. I too am a Kyujutsu user.

He smiled wider as his clans pride began to show. All he could think about was trying his luck against this sannin. Deep down he knew that he would not last long, but he would never know until he tried.

"I am glad that I have a fellow comrade within the Kumogakure village that shares the love for Kyujutsu. Most people I know do not use it, while some even look down upon it. I however find it rather useful. Now that we have exchanged names how about we cut to the chase and have one friendly spar. I would find it an honor to fight a sannin within my village. Though if I could ask of one favor is that could you leave Repede out of this. I do not intend to bring on along with me on a sparring match with a sannin. He too will stay out of the fight."

He smiled and hoped he could learn a lot from this sannin.

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
To his "surprise", Zetsume was a practitioner of Kyujutsu. It was settled then, they would test each other. Zetsume was the first to officially propose a mid tempo spar between the two shinobi. Kenji paused for a few moments, contemplating how he should fight the fellow shinobi, but decided he would go about it like any other spar. For the briefest of moments he considered proposing that only Kyujutsu be used, but seeing as both used the art predominantly, he felt as if he would be stating the obvious. Two archers, being forced to use archery... Besides, sole archery would be no fun, Kenji's thirst for competition would not allow him to resist the urge to use other abilities if seen fit.

Kenji's hand ran through his blue hair and he looked to the sky. As his eyes peered at the heavens his body entered high speeds going backwards. After running full sprint backwards, he reached a distance of 12 meters in a half of a second(SS-0 speed, +1 is from Agile). Kenji then called out, Sure, we can spar, and I will be sure to leave Repede out of this spar, assuming he does the same. Kenji would raise his bow and arrow. The archer had 19 more in the quiver over his shoulder. The move he was priming was a new jutsu, and he hoped it was as useful in practice as it seemed in theory. If Zetsume saw Kenji's arrow traveling at him, he would already be in the illusion. The illusion placed was one that would manifest a strong illusory gust that would apparently send the arrow drastically off target, likely giving Zetsume a false sense of confidence.

The name of the jutsu was called "Whirlwind Shot". The sannin was eager to see how Zetsume would respond. It was quite the clever design at least to Kenji. But it wasn't an invincible scheme, and Kenji anticipated the reaction. With the intentions of combatting an unexpected response, Kenji loaded another arrow into his bow, ready to fire and keep the pressure on the shinobi. I've found a new and livelier target!

355/370:

Training: 596

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
((OOC: Sorry it took me so long to post, I was busy and i was dreading getting my ass kicked))

What was he thinking challenging this one to a fight. He could tell that this would not be a fight he could even win. The legendary Sannin Kenji Chikara. Zetsume could only hope that he could put up at least a decent fight up against him though he knew deep down that it would not happen. After speaking to Kenji, he just simpled ran his hands through his blue hair before looking up at the sky which had a bright blue shine to it thanks to the sun. It was a beautiful day to fight and the two of them knew that it would be a shame if it did not happen. After he ran his fingers through his hair he began to sprint backwards at an alarming rate. A rate at which was much faster than Zetsume could move. In a moment later he agreed to the spar.

Noted to self, you can not out run him, he thought as he saw Kenji from the distance of twelve meters. Zetsume saw him load up his arrow and aim it at Zetsume and shoot. Zetsume did not have time to think or hold back against this Sannin. He would have to blow a lot of chakra at the start to even give the impression that he could win, though that was a faulty dream. When he noticed Kenji loading his bow, Zetsume dropped his and used Chakra Bow, Raiton. He cursed his luck for not being proficient enough to use Black Raiton. He had just learned the technique and was not quite well with it. Zetsume knew that if he was better at Black Raiton that it would give him a slightly better chance of winning than he does now.

Kenji had already shot before Zetsume knew which arrows to use. He was not fully prepared for some of them so he knew he would have to use the one he had been trained since birth to use, Shi No Yoake (Dawn Of Death). Zetsume shot the giant arrow from his bow as the arrow split into one hundred smaller arrows. Zetsume had noticed that Kenji's arrows strayed off course but did not know the cause. No wind, and he could not see a chakra string attached. He knew that once shot arrows tend to fly in the path they were aimed. Well that was what he thought at first. Then as his arrows blanketed the area in front of him, he noticed that his arrow did not stray off course. Only reason because this is that Zetsume's arrows during flight toward Kenji managed to his Kenji's arrow. Zetsume knew that if he did not shoot at that moment then he would have surely been hit. He also noticed that it did take out other arrows from his one hundred pile that was flying. Luckily for him it was only about five of them. Kenji's arrow landed on the ground as did some of Zetsume's before vanishing instantly. Zetsume watched from a distance to see if he landed his mark. He knew he had one more shot like this, and worse comes to worse he would psych the guy out with his one hundred arrow illusion. Either was he knew that this one knew Genjutsu and Kyujutsu. It was almost like he was fighting the stronger version of himself, much much stronger.

WC:567

Chakra 260/300:

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji's subtle preemptive strike was met by a much more direct one. The two shinobi both began the spar showcasing their mastery of archery. Zetsume seemed virtually unphased by Kenji's highly discrete illusion... It looks like I will have to pick it up in the Genjutsu department. For the meantime, Kenji had to take evasive action, a rarity. His opponent's Kyujutsu maneuver spawned forward a large magnitude of lightning laced arrows, all directed at Kenji. Fortunately for Kenji, he had just the maneuver for the technique he faced. He latched his bow onto his back, and drew his Hane katana and began spinning rapidly eveloping himself ina cocoon of wind chakra, repelling all of the arrows that impacted him. A smile crept onto Kenji's face as the time for countering had arrived. Kenji was already in range of his Genjusu once he came to a halt and the scence cleared. The shinobi extended his gloves of reflection, and if Zetsume's eyes fell onto the gloves, he would be caught in his illusion.

If the Genjutsu was a success, Zetsume would see Kenji vanish and appear on his (Zetsume) left. The realistice reflection would then begin running towards Zetsume, while the real Kenji was in front of Zetsume charging forward at his full speed. Kenji was difficult to keep up with when opponents had their eyes on him, now that his physical was not visible, this would make the task of facing his daunting speed... that more duanting. If Zetsume launched any strike onto the reflection, as the strike was near connecting, the reflection would vanish and appear behind Zetsume, by the time Zetsume possible began an attack, Kenji would already be deadly close to striking range. If Kenji was allowed to reach striking range, a strong knee would be delivered to the midsection, followed by an uppercut.

Would Kenji's Genjutsu give him just enough time to exploit his speed advantage, and allow him to land a solid hand to hand combo? Or would Zetsume surprise him once more?

315/370:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.