Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank

Last edited by Pasukaru on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:58 pm; edited 8 times in total

2Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
Hello, I was wondering if it were possible to app clan related items that are locked towards the Akimichi Clan? Besides that, please grade this clan application with love and joy.

3Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:03 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
This is denied for the same reason as the old one. Being able to convert calories into chakra to be used for jutsu creates too much of an imbalance.

4Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:35 am

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
Bokuden wrote:This is denied for the same reason as the old one. Being able to convert calories into chakra to be used for jutsu creates too much of an imbalance.

I thank you for being straight out with it, but I was wondering if this could get approved if the Akimichi could only use their calories on clan related techniques? Instead of converting it to chakra.

5Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:53 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
No, it would still be a chakra substitute, essentially granting them free jutsu

6Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:18 am

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
Bokuden wrote:No, it would still be a chakra substitute, essentially granting them free jutsu

Well, to solve that I was thinking that the user would have to pay a boost in chakra and in their calories to preform the technique?

7Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:34 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
You'll have to reword that. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

8Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:51 am

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
Bokuden wrote:You'll have to reword that. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

What I basically mean is that to preform clan-related techniques, an Akimichi would have to use chakra and their calories to use the technique. But, chakra-wise it would cost more?

9Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:27 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
As long as calories aren't being used as a direct substitute for chakra, it should be fine. The biggest problem has always been the calorie conversion mechanic and the replenishment of those calories.

10Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:04 am

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
Bokuden wrote:As long as calories aren't being used as a direct substitute for chakra, it should be fine. The biggest problem has always been the calorie conversion mechanic and the replenishment of those calories.

Alright, so for the Calorie System I referred to it as linking calories to chakra, meaning that they each depend on each other, and are the same. Also for the part that used to say 'a tenth of the calories are converted to chakra', I changed it to 'a tenth of the calories are linked to chakra' meaning that the user won't be able to use clan related techniques without first linking both their calories and chakra together through the Calorie Control Technique. So do we agree on that? :)

11Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:01 pm

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
If at any point chakra and Caloric energy become the same, replenishing Calories through any method would be invalid.

12Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:06 pm

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
Bokuden wrote:If at any point chakra and Caloric energy become the same, replenishing Calories through any method would be invalid.
Alright, well then could you give me some tips on how to basically fix this up? I am a tad confused myself. What is it that you want me to fix exactly, and I will be happy to fix it for ya.

13Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:34 am

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
Bump?

14Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:51 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
This is the exact same problem that the numerous other people who tried to app the Akimichi clan encountered. The problem with the clan is that a core canon mechanic is invalid on Saga. The conversion of calories into chakra would not be allowed without enormous deductions from the main chakra pool, and even then it wouldn't be able to be replenished in a thread.

15Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
Bokuden wrote:This is the exact same problem that the numerous other people who tried to app the Akimichi clan encountered. The problem with the clan is that a core canon mechanic is invalid on Saga. The conversion of calories into chakra would not be allowed without enormous deductions from the main chakra pool, and even then it wouldn't be able to be replenished in a thread.
Not to be mean, but you are telling me what is wrong, which you already stated. I am asking for you help in how to make it better like we agreed before. Making it that the Akimichi would have to pay Caloric Energy and chakra to preform Clan related techniques.

16Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:33 pm

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
I really don't know what you want me to do for you.I'm telling you what exact problem you need to avoid. It isn't my responsibility to write the clan for you. If I was overly enthused about the implementation of the caloric system, I would have written the clan myself months ago. This is a project you took on. Don't expect me to finish it for you.

17Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
Bokuden wrote:I really don't know what you want me to do for you.I'm telling you what exact problem you need to avoid. It isn't my responsibility to write the clan for you. If I was overly enthused about the implementation of the caloric system, I would have written the clan myself months ago. This is a project you took on. Don't expect me to finish it for you.

No one said you had to 'finish' anything, and I sure as hell didn't say it was your responsibility, now did I? Besides that, I was nicely asking for possibly choices so that you could approve the clan, since it seems you had experience grading the past Akimichi Clan. Anyway, forget it, I will figure something out myself, as this is the project I decided to take on

18Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:35 pm

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
I just noticed I was a tad harsh, so I am sorry Bokuden. Otherwise, I am bumping this application for review once again! :)

I made a few changes to the Calorie System.

19Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:17 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
It talks about extra chakra cost for clan techniques, but I don't see that specified anywhere. Honestly you probably don't need an extra chakra cost or to start at zero calories. It wouldn't be crazy to assume that Akimichi clan members start with a certain amount of calories.

20Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:33 am

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
Bokuden wrote:It talks about extra chakra cost for clan techniques, but I don't see that specified anywhere. Honestly you probably don't need an extra chakra cost or to start at zero calories. It wouldn't be crazy to assume that Akimichi clan members start with a certain amount of calories.

In the calorie system spoiler it is at the very end.

D-Rank: 15
C-Rank: 25
B-Rank: 30
A-Rank: 35
S-Rank: 40

My original idea was that they did in-fact start with a certain amount of calories, but it was just to make it fair. So my options currently are to make them start with a certain amount of calories or keep my current calorie system, correct?

21Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:09 am

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
Bump?

22Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:26 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
The clan jutsu still states that it converts calories into chakra, which we already discussed about not being a viable mechanic. And the clan description still talks about paying extra chakra without any specifics.

23Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:41 am

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
Bokuden wrote:The clan jutsu still states that it converts calories into chakra, which we already discussed about not being a viable mechanic. And the clan description still talks about paying extra chakra without any specifics.

Fixed up the jutsu, and I don't know what you mean by the 'clan description' but hopefully you meant the KKG, because I found a line about convert calories into chakra which I changed. Also like I said before, the boost in chakra cost is located at the end of the Calorie System, if you didn't happen to see it.

24Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:10 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
The way it is written makes no sense. If that is meant to be a combination, both resources have to be completely separate. One number is not sufficient for both. The jutsu should have a chakra cost alongside calorie cost.

25Blank Project Empty Re: Blank Project Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:59 pm

Pasukaru

Pasukaru

D-rank
Bump.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.