You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ryouichi

Ryouichi

D-rank
Time had continued to pass, for what exact reason why his life was at a standstill was a simple reason, one easily known to Ryouichi and the staff at the hospital who attended to him. His illness had taken hold of him again, restraining him to the confines of his home or the chambers set in the hospital. He preferred the sanctuary of his own home, where it would feel less like a jail cell, and more like home. But even then, he had restrictions placed upon him, until his illness eased up and allowed him to actually perform the duties a shinobi could, for now, he would still be restricted to the tasks set up for mere genin, all for his rank in the rankings set upon the shinobi of the major villages; Iwagakure was no exception to these standards. In the time that passed between his first time resuming becoming a shinobi the Village Hidden by Rocks and to the moment now, where he stood at the edges of Gisei Lake, there were more changes to the village than he had foreseen, particularly in the standing of the position of Kage; the Tsuchikage. The Tsuchikages seemed to come and go, hopefully this one would last a particularly long time, though he had his doubts considering the rate at which the Kage of Iwagakure changed.

For his twenty-five years that had come and gone, Ryouichi knew the looks that were cast upon him. Every look said the exact same thing, “Give up on becoming a shinobi,” “Won’t amount to anything,” yet he still wanted to prove them wrong, but the internal thoughts turned negative. A genin with twenty-five years on this planet was looked down upon. He’d likely have a more successful life living as a merchant or a bartender, likely married to some other civilian with a child, but that wasn’t for him, not right now. Not when he had so much to prove, not to the village but to himself. Heaving out a sigh, Ryouichi looked down in to the waters of the lake, allowing the rushing sounds of the numerous waterfalls to pass his ears, taking in the tune of nature. Iwagakure was all he knew and he doubted he would accept another village as home. The only thing that could be accounted as home, but not to him as a person, was Konoha, the home of his ancestors. He was a unique entity, a Nara of the Village Hidden by Stone, thus he knew, his uses to the village could be exponential. It was just a matter of finding himself and becoming more powerful than he already was, which essentially rock bottom was. The only thing he knew that was of absolute use, was his knowledge of seals, already – practically – a master of sealing in theory, just not much in it’s applications.

Stats Training Word Count: 483

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira couldn't help but feel concern for the whispers he heard. And the information the records showed to back up those whispers. The rumors of a curse put on the title of Tsuchikage. His current title. He had poured over the records with a raised eye brow and a deep frown. As it stood no Tsuchikage had lasted long. Either they had retired quickly or died before they could. All in all that curse seemed to hold some fact behind it. If not a curse then a conspiracy. He was never one to believe so many occurrences could be random chance. Still the sun had risen some time before and now he needed to go out for a run. Stretch his muscles and keep himself fit. After all if any curse was now upon him he would actively defy it. Or at least try to. Placing the files back where he had found them he idly locked the cabinet and moved over to the coat rack.

He was not one for traditional shinobi garb. It had never fit his style. Instead he was in custom fitted slacks and a dark green button up shirt with a black tie and a white suit vest. He grabbed his crystal made suit coat and slipped that on as well. Before checking that the dragon dagger was neatly tucked into its inner pocket. His head band was used to tie his hair back in a pony tail. Lastly he slipped into some thing black gloves and stepped into his boots by the door. Finally he stepped out of his office and nodded to the Anbu guard. They were mostly there to guard the records then him. A pity really. He wouldn't have minded some extra security. But he didn't care to be surrounded by ANBU these days. After so many years of evading them they still made him nervous.

Still as soon as he navigated to the front door he placed his boot on the pavement and launched himself up into the air. Easily capping the top of the nearest building and running along it. Heading to the lake with a bit of a sprint to his step. Building to building as his yellow eyes scanned where he was going next and kept a wary eye out for the unlikely. But all he noted was the way the pace he was setting made his coat flap in the wind he created. Still he placed his boots on the last building and launched from it's edge to the wall, Only to place his feet once on top of the wall and launch off once more. Now his pace carrying him sailing through the tree's. Enjoying the fresh air and the rush of such a fast pace.

Eventually the tree's thinned as he neared the lake and he dropped to the ground after the last tree. Taking a nice and deep relaxed breath as he enjoyed the feel of the cool air rising off the water. Still he wasn't blind. He blinked as he looked to the side. His yellow gaze falling like a curious cat on Ryouichi. He certainly didn't recognize the fellow so that brought his curiosity up. The man wasn't young per say. Younger then himself certainly. Still if the curse was true he might as well not try to avoid it. Instead he would lift his left hand and wave while smiling. Before calling out over the distance between them.

"Heeellllooo there stranger!" A very open invitation to conversation.

Stat training word count 586

Ryouichi

Ryouichi

D-rank
He looked down upon his reflection in the water below, lost in thought like he would tend to. His temper, one which was quick to rise and fall, stayed calm whenever he had time to himself or a peaceful environment. People – humans – were more prone to causing a rise out of him, but that was just the way nature works, how people function. Things could easily be misinterpreted, thus causing reactions not meant to be. For now, he’d rather just clear his mind, as he always had room for improvement when it came to his mentality; he knew it wasn’t ideal or even at the minimum standards a shinobi should set for themselves, but he hasn’t truly been a shinobi in over a long time – ten years? He’d need to reset himself, if that was even possible. As his pointless pondering continued, Ryouichi’s left hand went up to touch the unique piece of fabric he used to cover his left eye, and as a result, covered most of the left side of his face; just stopping halfway down his cheek.

It had been a long time since all of that. He could still see with his left eye, he just preferred to keep it hidden whenever he went out, thus people – civilians mostly – automatically assuming he only had one eye. In the end it was a matter of preference and practicality, with his preference slightly edging out.  It would also aid him if an opponent only assumed he had one eye, though one was all a person needed to see. Well, that much would only come in to play if he got that far – if he got himself that far. Letting out a sigh, he turned his vision upwards, facing the various cliffs and waterfalls. Allowing his left arm to fall back loosely to his side, Ryouichi knew he would have to begin his training soon, though at the current moment he just favoured relaxing, it was a nice day to do so anyways. Wiping off imaginary dust off his unbuttoned black with dull gold trim coat, Ryouichi’s mind went elsewhere, visiting the various, yet faded over time, memories he had of his family. They felt so far away at this particular moment, as if reasoning with him to take much needed steps forward. Kicking the ground his right leg, outfitted in plain black combat boot, he sometimes felt he was very much a child in a grown man’s body, but he knew that wasn’t the case – at least when it came to life experiences, though vastly different from other shinobi his age.

The only sounds interrupting nature was Ryouichi’s slight shuffling and the sound of a male calling him out, inviting him to converse. As he turned, shuffling to face the person who spoke out to him, Ryouichi felt a small container bump in to his thigh in the room of his right pocket, with a slight rattling inside of it. He knew he wouldn’t need the container’s contents anymore, the medical staff at the hospital had suggested it, though he kept it close to him for the time being – he would rid himself of it soon enough. When Ryouichi the sight of the man before him, instant recognition dawned on his own face. This man was the new Tsuchikage of the village, as word of such occurrences travels quickly, though given the significance of such news, it isn’t unusual. With the Tsuchikage of around a month standing before him, Ryouichi bowed slightly. “Tsuchikage-sama, it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance.” Formalities, he kept them, they were practically ingrained in to his system for a person of such high ranking of his home village. “I am Nara Ryouichi. If I may ask, what brings you around to Gisei Lake today?” Still formal, after all, it was the Tsuchikage he was speaking to at this moment. If it was anyone else, he’d be more blunt with his tone or offering little else of a greeting aside from a “hello” in return.

Running Word Count (Stats): 1169

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira listened as the man before him addressed him rather formally and chuckled. After all as far as he remembered this was their first meeting and he was usually fairly good with his memory. Still he supposed being who he was his face would be well known enough. Still he wasn't entirely used to being called Tsuchikage sama everywhere he went. He didn't wear the hat for a reason. Though he had to admit he did love the recognition. And the good press didn't hurt. After all he had established the new Bazaar in town and that had brought more wealth to the area then Iwa had seen in years. His own bail out of sorts. Yes indeed crime was way down and poverty with it. It was rather nice that one could observe how when the homeless and hungry count went down crime went down as well. Though he had more forceful techniques employed on the criminals who would stand against his new society. He was still generally liked by the people.

Still he nodded and turned on his heel before settling down into a seat where he was and looking very comfortable while doing it. He spoke then in a very casual tone as his yellow eyes observed the lake in all it's glory. His voice was like silk and it was actually some what easy to tell how he could get his way so often. He was a natural speaker.

" Ah hello hello Ryouichi-kun. It is a pleasure to meet you as well. But feel free to just call me Akira out here. No honorifics. Might be able to avoid the fan girls that way. As for being out here. Just a nice stretch of the legs getting out of the office. A little bit of a walk is all."

He called it a walk when indeed it was a bit of distance between the administration building and the lake, And there he was sitting all nonchalant like he had merely walked a couple of blocks. Not a bead of sweat on him.Still he let his yellow gaze fall back on Ryouichi for the moment. The gaze very much like a curious cat as he observed the young man. And even with his very laid back seeming attitude something about Akira seemed like a tightened spring. Much less like a cat and more like a wolf on it haunches ready to spring and tear out the throat of anything that would threaten it's territory. Even with him sitting still it would feel like he could tear the lake in half. Still he spoke in the same cheerful voice.

"And you Ryouichi? Whats your tale? I am eager to learn more about you."

Which was true enough. If he learned nothing from the man in front of him it would be first on his list of things to look up when he got back. Well actually regardless of what the man before him said he would still double check it with the records and the name. His curiosity was peaked so he could hardly just sit back and pretend it didn't interest him. What was he to do if not be thorough. Still he watched and waited for a response.

WC 1129

Ryouichi

Ryouichi

D-rank
The two requests made by the Tsuchikage were easy enough to address, one simply calling the Tsuchikage by his name, Akira, and the other required Ryouichi to speak of thing he assumed would easily bore the man before him, but who was he to deny his story. It would take a matter of a few minutes to recall the whole thing, especially given the lacklustre that shined in his story. If anything, he considered his story rather pathetic compared to those who actually went out in to the field and actually did their duty as a shinobi to the Village Hidden by Stone. There wasn’t much that would inspire anyone in his own story; after all, he was restricted to the village as a means to get himself back to optimal health. Letting out a slight, inaudible sigh, Ryouichi turned to face the lake once again letting his voice easily flow out.

He doubted his story would interest Akira much, though since it was a simple request and given the power of authority the man held, he doubted he could refuse. Even if he did, there were records on Ryouichi himself that the Tsuchikage could easily access, if he wished to do so. “Well, my story isn’t anything spectacular, nor is it interesting as far as I’m concerned. Though, I suppose, it wouldn’t take up too much time given the length of it all.” That much was the truth. He would leave out details, as those wouldn’t matter much, and some could easily be found through a brief scan of documents. When he would speak next, Ryouichi’s voice would seem as if he was repeating the same story he had recounted many times before, though this would be the first time he would actually be telling someone else of it, especially one of with the power such as Akira. “Well, to start, I was born here in Iwagakure, roughly twenty-five years ago. Though, that is where the root of all my problems started. Born with a virus that attacked my lungs and trachea just after I was born. Nonfatal they called it, though I suppose it could have been disastrous to my life had it gone otherwise. After I was able to leave the hospital, I was completely fine until sixteen, when my squad was to take the Chuunin exams. My father died when I was thirteen; died during a mission, my mother soon followed him two years after his death. She was ill for the majority of her life, though no one told me until after she had passed away; they did a good job at hiding it.” There was a humourless smile gracing his face, he wished he had known earlier, but everyone seemed keen on hiding it from him. Shaking his head slightly, he went on to continue his tale, “The survival portion of the exam was where it all went downhill for me. I was running out of breath when we were nearing the end, likely due to running about all day, and then we were attacked. I don’t recall anything of the battle, only blocking a katon jutsu and everything going black.” There was no emotion gracing his voice, it was just reciting facts of his life, facts he wished he could change if he had the opportunity to do so. “Ever since then, I’ve been tied down to being a civilian, working as a civilian, living the life of one. It never felt right, but given the circumstances, that’s all I would have the opportunity for. Two years ago, there was a moment of time when I could become a shinobi, but I was forced back out soon after by doctors. And here I am today; once again supposedly I am ‘free’ to do as I pleased, though it feels far too late to do anything.” Running a hand through his hair, he turned his head to glance over at Akira. “And that, Akira, is my tale. Anything else about it is just mere details that aren’t particularly important.”

Taking in a breath of air, allowing a silent moment to pass by, thinking on what to exactly say next, Ryouichi resumed scanning the surface of the lake. “I’m sure you have a more… thrilling tale than my own.”

Running Word Count (Stats): 1895

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira listened for a time. The tale coming out in length before him like a moving picture in his mind. A child born with an illness and struggling to be more then just the sick boy. Striving to be a shinobi. Always pushing himself to be more just to keep up with others. Life was often cynical though in the search of hope though. It always had it's pitfalls and some found deeper ones then others. He could hardly see that happening to him. After all truthfully he had almost always blown right through any opposition. Aside from the one brief point in his life. where he had indeed been wounded and blinded into a cripple. He understood feeling weak from then. He had hated it. How it had left him just as open as a poor little rabbit with a broken leg. Ripe for destruction from it's foes in the night. Much like the rabbit though he had taken to ground. Hidden in a hole until he was better. He had risen from that hole quickly enough though. As had this young man it seemed. He smiled at the thought before speaking. Just enjoying mulling over the mans words.

Still when he did speak his voice was calm and filled with mirth. Amused by the sentiment of his being more entertaining. "Actually I would say my life is just a few chapters ahead of your own lad." He stated lad as if the man wasn't only a few years his junior. A bit of a stretch but still he continued on."The difference between us is I started off as strong. But with that came a lack of humility and I got in over my head. I was injured to the point of being hospitalized and I needed a nurse to do the simplest of things for me. It was utterly humiliating for me to be tossed down so hard. But gradually I recovered and was later named strongest. I like how you don't want to let this disease mark you as who you are. Just another obstacle for you to overcome. But what prevented you from overcoming it before must not be what you run into again."

He would lay down then and look up at the sky. The grass his comfort as he looked upwards. His arms behind his head to support it like a pillow. His yellow eyes watched the cloud for a moment before he smiled again. His voice ringing out once more. "I can think of two ways to go about this. First is the simplest way and that my friend is to know your limits. Pace yourself. Use your energy conservatively and strike only when it benefits you the most. You might find many of the people you fight are willing to tire themselves out too quickly. Let them but avoid getting caught in it in the process. After all it is far easier to strike a winded opponent and even more so had he wasted all of his resources prior to the attack."

With his right hand he picked up a single blade of grass and held it up. Letting the wind pull it from his fingers and watched it flutter away completely out of control of itself. Dying on the breeze in chaos. "The Second way is to find yourself a partner. Some one skilled in the medical arts. It's usually best to have at least one medic with you any way but in your case I think you might find life easier if you can push yourself and be healed if your pushed too far. Trouble is finding some one willing. You will of course need to prove to them that you are worth the effort."

He sat up finally with a sigh and looked to Ryouichi once more. Before continuing on with his thought process, "I was different. I began with medical. If I was pushed to far and hurt I could just heal myself. Really Irked at my enemies. So then, What will you choose to do? Will you play the smart champion and outwit your opponents? Will you be the team player and work up a strategy? Or will you attribute these to the thoughts of a strange man?"

1841 WC

Ryouichi

Ryouichi

D-rank
The story of Akira’s life, the current Tsuchikage, easily processed in Ryouichi’s mind, taking in the details that the man that spoke to him had provided. Initially, Ryouichi supposed that the Earth Shadow wouldn’t tell is own tale, as he didn’t specifically ask for it to be relayed, but with the knowledge of a slight story that Akira provided, Ryouichi knew he’d be keeping it in mind for quite some time, since it was unusual to have such a personal conversation with the leader of his village. Especially when one came to the knowledge that this would be their first meeting, and it wasn’t even within the confines of the Tsuchikage’s office. The fact that the current Tsuchikage, had, at one point, felt entirely useless, gave him the knowledge that he could easily attain what he wished to achieve. But, the circumstances between himself and Akira were vastly different, thus he’d have to have his own purposeful approach to dealing with the future of his life.

Still standing on his feet, Ryouichi slightly shuffled, looking down at the one tool he had at his disposal from the very beginning. His shadow. While people would know of the Nara clan, no one specifically knew who he was, only that the Nara clan resided in the shinobi village of Konoha, thus it would highly be unlikely to find one in another village, but here he was. A resident of Iwagakure no Sato from the day he could breathe, which considering all things, is an ironic statement, though fitting. He knew if he could play his cards right, he wouldn’t even need to move from his spot to kill someone, but that in itself would take a lot of strategizing. It would take time to come up with a flawless style, but it was possible, a possibility he would want to grasp the moment he sees it.

He processed the information that Akira provided, the two possible ways he could go about this, but when one takes into account the unpredictable nature of life and battle, there were inifinte methods for him to take, each slightly differing from the last one to come to mind. That in itself brought a slight smirk as he took in what Akira said. He took a moment after Akira had finished to relay his shortened, concise versions of his thoughts. When he spoke, Ryouichi’s voice was easily toned with amusement. “You know, these could easily be the thoughts of a strange man that came across me from a visit to this specific lake.” A smirk graced his features as he spoke, though he didn’t look once at Akira and instead looked out to the vastness of the lake like he had done prior. “Why not just take the best of both worlds? Why not find something completely different than those two approaches? Besides, relying on others, while it is a good attribute, I need to do certain things myself.” He paused before continuing once more. “The way I see it, there is no doubt I need to be the strategist, I can’t overpower anyone. But, if an individual is idiotic enough, they could fall in to a trap. But that’s only limited to goons. What would I do should I come across the complete package? A person who can do anything and everything. That, while it should be complicated, could be taken in the same approach. It will take me time, but if I play the correct cards, I wouldn’t even need to move. Let them be attacked by what they can’t see. In the end, an opponent who can’t move can’t dodge an attack. Of course, these ideas can easily be the thoughts of a man who hasn’t been a shinobi in ages.” It was mere ideas that flowed from his mind, but they had some substance behind them. He had left it open for Akira to criticize him if he pleased to do so. Ryouichi, after all, while he could think, he wasn’t what one would call an ideal shinobi.

Running Word Count (Stats): 2589

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira would grin as the other spoke. His yellow eyes observing their surroundings. A great deal of things had been said and thought of. But when the violence came thinking was fatal. One could not take time to think of every strategy. Evading and striking at the opportune moments should become instinct rather then being willed into action. To him that was the difference in time it took to strike between himself and countless others. So many hesitated when they should strike and struck when they should evade. Such actions could be rash enough to cause serious harm. But what he did was not impulsive but trained reaction to scenarios. While he did still use his mind his body was also an effective enough weapon. After all if he was going to go out and fight most of his techniques were close range. And he had to be capable of getting close enough to strike in order to even compete in a fight. He smiled at the thought before ruffling around inside of his coat pocket with his right hand before pulling out a metal case. Pulling it open with the tug of a little switch that held it closed he used his thumb to push up one of the thin white sticks. Pressing it between his lips before tugging it the rest of the way out and closing the case. Returning it to his inner coat pocket. Producing a match from up his sleeve he lit it skillfully along the rough side of his boot and used the short burning flame to light his smoke.

He tossed the burnt match to the walking path nearby and took a long and hearty drag of his smoke. Before letting the smoke itself blow out of his nostrils. His yellow eyes staring into the smoke as he raised his knees up and planted his feet on the ground. Resting his arms lazily on his knees as the cigarette hung from his lips. The red cherry slowly burning away at the length of the white tube while he listened to the retort. He thought of the words for a moment before bringing a hand up to scratch at his beard. Something in what the man had said was bothering him. So he sighed and pulled the cigarette from his lips holding it between two fingers as he blew out even more smoke. He spoke then as if contemplating his words as he spoke. For something about it truly irked him.

"Ryouichi, You say that some one who can't move can't dodge an attack, theoretically that is true but that doesn't necessarily mean it will hit them does it? You said it yourself, you don't even have to move to fight back. Attacking some one with something the naked eye can't see is effective enough. But you can't be the only one who can fight without moving. I think it would be best if you consider each opponent you face dangerous until they have been proven as defeated. Trust me, just because it appears they are captured doesn't mean the battle is done. As for your other sentiment. It's true enough more then just my suggested strategies are plausible. It's up to you in the end to pick one isn't it?" With that he placed the smoke back to his lips and inhaled once more. Keeping it alive after is needlessly lengthy speech. Enjoying the relaxing sensation it provided.

2416 WC

Ryouichi

Ryouichi

D-rank
He had thought countless times before, but he knew he couldn’t prove a single thing, yet. There were only a single method in which he could convince himself – and later others – which would involve practical situations where Ryouichi would need to perform, whether his life was on the line or not. But that time would be a long ways off, at least he convinced himself it would be, though with the unexpected turns thrown in life, Ryouichi wouldn’t be able to count on time at all. Then again, he knew, he had always known that he’d have to make certain decisions in which everything could possibly change. Today’s meeting with the Tsuchikage of Iwagakure no Sato was just the initial step; after he decided not to take those steps a few years prior to today’s meeting. Now was just the time to begin the climb again, a climb that either he reached the top steps or went tumbling back down. There was no in-between left to him, for him to settle for. Settling was the last thought that he would ever allow in his mind.

Watching Akira from the corner of his eye as the man spoke to him, Ryouichi knew that he was thinking about everything from an ideal perspective, a perspective that didn’t exist in the world of shinobis.  There was just so much thinking that one could do, but in the end, thinking didn’t provide him results, results that would aid in the process of becoming what he strived to be. In the end, it was just a fairy tale; the realistic story would be provided at each step of the way until he met his end. The end which would cease his existence. To avoid that was simple, be the best, and then the only things that could possibly destroy him are either age or himself – incompetence or sickness.  Lifting his right arm, stretching it up directly to the sky above, his forearm rotated inward, his hands splaying in his tresses with the light of the sun adding a gleam to his hair that made it look a sandy-brown colour. Running his hand through his hair aimlessly, he awaited Akira to finish, as he stopped listening somewhere near the end of the speech.

Allowing a sigh to escape, one that was audible, though laced with frustration, Ryouichi’s hand tugged at some of his locks of hair before running his hand over them again, letting them settle back in place. “At this point, I can’t pick anything, can I? Whatever you might say, I know for a fact that I’m a long ways off before I can even be semi-useful in any aspect. I have thought countless times over the years, but that won’t get me anywhere. The only thing I have learned and have taken as a lesson from my past is humiliation. The way I see it, I likely won’t be making any such decision in the near future. Not until I do things myself. Sooner rather than later, I will know what my future holds for me, only then can I actually determine what the best path to take would be.” There really wasn’t much else to talk about Ryouichi found. The conversation, from the start, had taken this tone and he thought it wouldn’t change. The only benefit to come of today was the lack of outburst that came from Ryouichi. Maybe he learned something else as well.

Running Word Count (Stats): 3181

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
For a moment Akira would just sit there. Letting his smoke burn away to nothing. It was all some what depressing to listen to the guy. His issue wasn't intelligence nor did he think the man lacked in jutsu power. Sure the man wasn't on the same physical level as himself but, he didn't see how people could be so resigned even temporarily. He had never been willing to resign himself to any fate regardless of how humbled he might of been. After all he had fought and conquered almost everything he had. Just a year ago he had been surviving day to day trying to outrun those who pursued him and destroying those in his path. All in all he had lived a fairly successful life. But only recently brought up from the chains of poverty. He had been crippled and blinded but now? Now he saw the world and walked again. His power wasn't in his arm or his jutsu. But his mind and how resourceful he could be. But one day that would not be enough. For now though that thought did not keep him from his day to day enjoyment. If anything he enjoyed himself more so because he was still willing to push himself.

Realizing his smoke was out he sighed and rose to his feet and shoved the butt into his pocket. After all he wasn't really one to be caught littering garbage beside the lake. Whatever would the people think of a leader that was such a small time criminal. Even with his filthy smoking habit he was still fairly respected. People were fine with ignoring his womanizing and smoking and drinking so long as he continued to help Iwa prosper and become wealthy enough to sustain itself again. For a long time the village felt like it was cursed but now the homeless were mostly employed and the crime rate had gone down. A new market had opened and more housing had been built or was in the process of being built. Soon enough Iwa would be a thriving culture. Especially if Ayakashi accepted his trade request. Opening a trade route with a port country could prove beneficial. That and fish was hardly ever seen in Iwa. So if packaged and delivered properly it might become a new delicacy. Still even with out the trade he would enjoy watching as his village grew even if just a little slower.

Still he crossed his arms and looked to the man next to him. Frail and aware of it but with some willpower to him. Still Akira nodded and grumbled under his breath before pulling out yet another smoke and placing it in his lips before lighting it. He puffed on the smoke once or twice before finally he spoke. His tone was a little less then respectful. But he was just a tad arrogant at the best of times. " Well if you aren't just as depressing as can be. So what if your lot in life is harder? Either give up or push yourself past it. If you need a better medic I assure you one can be found even at your level. And if you want one of the best medics then get up to a rank I can work with." His yellow eyes watched for a reaction as he puffed and yet another stream of smoke left his lips. Before he sighed and enjoyed the nicotine in his system. And finally spoke once more. " I have a challenge for you. And you can accept it one of two ways. Either you pass the chunnin exams when they are announced. Or you are strong enough to be considered a chunnin within three months. Is that too much to ask for you? Am I seeing you as strong enough to accomplish something so simple mistakenly?"

WC 3058

Ryouichi

Ryouichi

D-rank
He knew this was going to be pointless, perhaps even agitating him further, as such he made a decision in half a second, one that he didn’t care if it held any repercussions on his behalf. His eyes gazed ahead, looking one last time at the lake before he would be taking his leave away from the lake and waterfalls of the area. Perhaps it would be best for him to venture off to an area where he could be by himself, what he was originally hoping for when he had left his apartment complex earlier this morning. Maybe today would have its benefits, though currently Ryouichi didn’t bother lingering on those thoughts. With one last glance at Akira, Ryouichi turned around, to face the village of Iwagakure no Sato. With a slight huff of air leaving him, he spoke regarding the matter Akira had left lingering in the air. “I guess you’ll just have to wait and see where I am in three months.” With that, Ryouichi walked a few steps before halting to say one last thing. “Either way, I’ll get what I want sooner or later. That much I already know.” Lifting up his hand slightly as a wave of dismissal, Ryouichi calmly left without much else left to say. Perhaps taking a midday nap would be far more beneficial than thinking idle thoughts that would hold no value for the current day.  

-exit thread-

Running Word Count (Stats): 3421

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira smiled a little to himself. The boy had an awfully drab outlook on everything but at the same time an overwhelming sense of confidence. It was something that Akira usually saw separately. The two things conflicted a little too much for it to be seen as common moods associated with each other. But if anything at least it was entertaining to discover. The words at least would stick with him. How the man said he would get what he wanted sooner or later. It was a nice sentiment and he wasn't about to argue with it. After all sometimes good things did happen if supplied with enough time to prepare and receive. But he figured the man would have his work cut out for him. The other man walked away with nothing more then a simple wave of dismissal and he smirked in return at the mans back. Certainly a cocky fellow. But he could appreciate that. Nor was his pride hurt from someone turning their back on him. It was always better to have a clear shot at the back when you wanted it then having to face something head on. But for the time being if anything he felt some pride for the boys bravery. Not even that really. The guys attitude seemed like he had no concerns of how his Kage might react besides being some what sociable. Definitely some one he would like to keep eyes on.

Still he waited a few minutes as he finished smoking before moving over to the trash can to discard the butts. He chuckled at the thoughts on the encounter replaying in his mind and took his time walking back to his office. The air was nice and crisp as he walked and every once in a while some one recognized him and shook his hand. Typical political smiling and nodding. But even that he enjoyed. The mountain was a kingdom and in a way he was a king. Though he would keep that thought to himself. He heard the daimyo was a jealous man and the taxes increasing in his village seemed to be proof enough of that. If he got word that Akira was thinking of himself as royalty then things might get ugly quickly. But until that time came he would play the loyal servant to the daimyo who drained Iwa of its riches more and more until he could finish with his own plans.

WC 3467
Training reaction time A-A3

Remaining WC 67

Exit thread.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.