You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ayesha

Ayesha

D-rank
The Wide, Wide World [Kumo -> Konoha/?/Bokuden] Titelhrtxiuevjf

There was so much to take in, so much to see, feel and smell that she surely spent the first fifteen minutes observing the landscape which spread out before her. She gazed at the mountains in the distance, eyes wide open, then knelt down and picked up a stone.
Cold. But not only the stone… the air was colder here. When she took a deep breath, the faint smell of salt water crept into her nose, undoubtedly coming from the shore where the ship had docked half an hour ago.
On Ayesha’s left side, there was the edge of a forest with beautiful trees, some of which she had never seen before and only read about: conifers.
Still too amazed at everything around her, Ayesha approached one of the conifers with a blissful smile, reaching out for the unique needle leaves.
From the corner of her eye, she could see Goldschein trotting around the area restlessly until he halted at last and whickered.
“Gold?” Ayesha turned away from the tree and followed the horse to a forest path leading through the woods. “I see.” She smiled again. “Well done. Let’s go before it gets dark. I hope we’ll arrive at a city or village soon.”

~~

Just like the horse hooves on the ground, her heart hammered in her chest with a mixture of excitement and fear. Not once in her whole life had she ever experienced anything like this before. She was alone – not counting Gold – and she neither knew where she was going nor how long it would take to get out of the forest.
Despite all this, the birds chirping and the wind blowing through her long pastel pink hair could easily keep her in high spirits. This was her own little adventure. Finally.
Along with her hair, the red cape belonging to her royal outfit fluttered in the air as Gold moved on gracefully while she patted his crème coloured neck every once in a while.
“Do you like it, Gold? One could say this is the outer world,” she whispered, her mind wandering. Since she had been taught how to ride a horse from an early age, she hardly had to think about what she was doing and could very well concentrate on other things meanwhile.

Such as… the sound of wings beating that suddenly replaced the peaceful chirping of the birds. Ayesha’s head jerked up. For the fraction of a second, she saw a shadow darting from one tree branch to another. The next moment, he was gone.
A shiver ran down her back when she instinctively pulled at the reigns to tell Gold to stop. He obeyed at once.
Something was wrong. She hadn’t imagined it, had she?
Heart pounding, she waited in the silence enveloping her; waited for a sign or anything which could give her the impression that it was safe to move on.
The seconds stretched into minutes. Nothing happened. Just as she decided to continue her way, however, a dubious figure emerged from behind a tree.
The masked man’s sudden appearance shocked her so much that she could do nothing but watch him approach her.

“Oh, what do we have here?” he mused, stopping three, four metres in front of Gold. His eyes looked completely black; they were probably of a very dark brown colour. He paused a short moment as if in thought. “What a rare and beautiful horse with golden hair. People would pay thousands for it. And you, young lady, must be a highborn, am I right? I would say your clothes give you away. I feel very honoured to meet you, Miss…?”
Ayesha took several seconds to realize that this man only wanted to talk to her. Yes, he was most likely a wanderer of sorts and curious why a girl was coming this way.
Relieved, she gave him a gentle smile and replied, “Ayeshaline Helena Elizabeth von Schneeberg. But please call me Ayesha.”
Gold stamped his hooves anxiously on the ground. Something about the stranger seemed to unsettle him, but Ayesha refused to forget her manners in front of the poor man.
He hadn’t done her any harm. In fact, he sounded pretty nice, not dangerous at all in contrast to what her father would always say, “Don’t talk to vagrants. They never have good intentions.”

“Ayesha. What a sweet name. But what are you doing out here all alone? Your parents must be worried sick.” The man returned her smile and drew out a knife.
Her heart sank. How ridiculous that such a small gesture was enough to spoil the mood. “Um… nothing. I… um… what do you want to do with the knife?”
“I believe you’re hungry. I will hunt a rabbit for us.” His tone of voice sounded amused although Ayesha wasn’t sure what exactly amused him about this situation.
Following her silent command, Gold took a few steps back, bringing more distance between the man and them.
“It’s all good,” Ayesha said to the stranger and forced a small smile on her lips. “I’m not hungry, but thank you for the offer. Nonetheless… I should go now.”
“Are you sure?” Another strange response from the masked man. “I don’t want you to go yet.”
Then he began to form hand signs she didn’t understand.

Travel Complete 600/600
Training 272

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Bokuden’s thoughts wandered back to the village he had left behind as he trekked on through the forests of the Kaminari no Kuni mountain ranges. He did not regret his decision, there was no reason for him to remain in Kumogakure. There was nothing left for him in that village. His only purpose now stood in Sunagakure, the last promise he had left to keep. Still, it was strange for him to think about the act of leaving the village he had been born into behind. The buildings and the ground they stood on were meaningless to him, as were most of the village’s people if he were to be honest. The village had long since been more of a prison than a home for him, but a part of him at least worried for the few individuals he had left behind.

Both his mother and sister had decided to remain in the village after the events that had transpired resulted in the death of Bokuden’s father. They and Miyako would all remain safely in the village and the Ryuzoji compound, which Bokuden had made sure to secure control over that he could maintain even from afar. Disposing of what was left of his father’s old guard, Bokuden had placed his own candidates in charge of the clan’s operations, candidates that could keep the clan’s businesses running while he made decisions from the shadows. Sayomi he had left in the village as well, to remain with Kafsara, Kenji’s lion that she had surprisingly come to care for.

He wasted little time in leaving the village after he had settled what issues he needed to settle. Preparations for his journey to the Village Hidden in the Sand had been weeks in the making, since before Misoka had went ahead of him. They had kept in contact with each other during her absence via the communication scroll he had given her, but Bokuden had not told her about what had transpired with his clan. It wasn’t something she needed to concern herself with given the imminent confrontation that the both of them would soon be throwing themselves into with the Kamisura clan. The only thing that did concern him slightly were the wounds he had suffered in the clash with his father. His own medical knowledge was rather limited and he refused to go to the hospital to have his injuries treated, not allowing his injuries to delay his meeting with Misoka. She didn’t need to know about any of that. Fortunately he was not particularly concerned about the skill levels of the Kamisura clan’s leadership and security. His injuries would surely limit how much of his actual strength he could use safely, but needing to use his full power was highly unlikely.

He shook the thoughts of his old village from his mind, instead refocusing on the task ahead of him. First things first, get through this forest and be on his way. At the very least he had left a couple of days early, allowing him more than enough time to take his time travelling. Thinking about how he was dressed, he began to wonder whether or not it would have been wiser to wear less conspicuous and more “travel type” of clothing. What he was dressed in was the attire he was more likely to wear in the village while he was acting in an official capacity. His blue, western, 3/4 military style coat with gold trimmings flowed down over a much darker vest and outfit overall. “The next small village or trade outpost I come across I really should buy a cloak,” he thought to himself thinking of a way to hide himself better as he travelled, “I’m less likely to run into trouble if I don’t look like anybody important.

His attention would immediately be drawn to the forest around him as the sound of earth rising up from the ground violently and the frantic neighing of a horse rang through the trees. The source of the sounds were seemingly close enough to his location that he would simply activate the longest range of his Current Perception to scan the area. A short distance Northeast of his location he would sense the presence of three electrical signatures, two humans and one he could only assume was the horse he had heard. The familiar sound of earth rising up was reminiscent of doton jutsu he had encountered in the past. There was conflict going on somewhere and given the reaction of the other person didn’t seem to be a willing participant. He would immediately dart off to the location, preparing to intervene.

600/600

188~

Ayesha

Ayesha

D-rank
“Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!”
And suddenly there were… possibly hundreds of him, encircling her. Yes, unbelievable. This man in front of her had created so many doppelgangers of himself just like that.
Gold reared up in fear, but didn’t know how to escape the mass of people around them. Against all odds, however, Ayesha didn’t have the intention to leave even if it were possible. Actually, she couldn’t keep her eyes off the man’s doubles and only casually patted her horse’s neck in hopes of calming him down a little.
Magic… and she was experiencing it first-hand.
“Ich kann es kaum glauben! Er ist ein Zauberer!*” she called out in amazement, using one of the two Germanic languages her father had taught her from birth – a clear indication that the young princess was very excited.
Then she shifted her gaze to the real man in front of her, speaking their common language Japanese, “You’re a wizard, aren’t you? Oh, not wizard, I mean… you’re a chakra person! I had no idea it was possible to create something like this.”
A wide gesture towards the people around her.
Despite the admiration whirling within her, Ayesha would have been blind not to notice the frown on the man’s face as well as the knife he was still holding on to.
“Shut up,” he retorted harshly and all other doppelgangers assumed what seemed like a fighting stance.
Gold neighed once again, making Ayesha finally realize that this was not the most desirable situation to be in. She had hoped to find someone who could help her control her powers, but this guy didn’t appear very… friendly? Mhm, not friendly at all.

“Look,” Ayesha spoke up again, hands grasping the reins, eyes fixed on the men, who seemed more than ready to attack. “We can talk about it. There is no need for fighting. I am sure we can come to an arrangement.”
She was surprised herself how calm her voice sounded in the face of danger. And even more surprised that part of her mind was still circling around the question how he had done this magic. Maybe she could do the same. Create thousands of Ayeshas in the blink of an eye...
If only she knew how.  

* "I can hardly believe it. He's a wizard."

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Darting rapidly through the treetops Bokuden would close in on his target location, spotting the clearing from some distance away. Once he had reached the entrance to the clearing, Bokuden jumped in between the three electrical signals he had sensed. His eyes shot back and forth as he examined the situation he had found himself in. On his right stood a horse with a golden mane, being ridden by who Bokuden could only assume to be his owner, a small pick haired girl. From the looks of her clothing, she wasn’t an ordinary traveler. No, her clothing was rather refined and more so, was more Western like his own than the typical Asiatic fashions prevalent throughout the shinobi nations. To his left stood a rather suspicious looking man, face veiled, and knife in hand. Obviously no one had ever told him that drawing knives at little girls did not make you look particularly heroic.

It would not take Bokuden long upon reaching the location of the people he had sensed to surmise just what kind of a situation he had stumbled upon. Seeing the many duplicates of the man made it abundantly clear that this was not a friendly conversation. His eyes glanced down around the feet of some of the duplicates, noticing that they were crushing the grass beneath their feet. That realization made it evident that these were not simply academy level clones meant to be used as an intimidation tactic or a decoy. These were shadow clones, and that fact alone made the situation far more dangerous. At the very least it meant that this man was a capable enough shinobi to use a B-Rank jutsu, but more importantly it meant that he had to worry about every single clone in the area. He wasn’t so much concerned about himself, but dealing with the sheer number would make protecting this girl a bit more of a chore.

Turning his head to face the masked, knife-wielding man who was responsible for the shadow clones that now cluttered the area, Bokuden glared at him with piercing blue eyes, cold as ice. “Well, look what I’ve stumbled upon here,” he muttered in a solemn and emotionless tone, “If you’re just showing this young lady the way through the forest, you probably don’t need this many clones I think. Unless of course you are lost yourself, that is. So, tell me, what exactly are you doing with these clones… and that knife?” As he spoke Bokuden would raise his left hand and place it on the hilt of his katana, making an obvious hidden threat towards the man who could see it. Once he felt his message to the masked man had been sufficiently communicated he would turn himself around to face the young lady on the horse. “Good morning miss,” he said with much less aggression in his voice, instead speaking with almost reassuring calmness, “Judging by the your attire, I’d venture to guess you’re not from around here. Is there something in particular you might be looking for that I can help with?”

711~

Ayesha

Ayesha

D-rank
“Alright,” the man said. “Here’s our arrangement: Give me all your money and the horse and I won’t kill you.”
Ayesha chewed on her lower lip anxiously. “That’s not exactly what I had in mind...” She paused a short moment before continuing in an urgent tone, “I need the money to buy clothes and pay for an accommodation. As for Gold,” A nod towards the horse. “He’s not just a pet or my property, he’s a friend, you see.”
Unfortunately, none of that managed to calm down her opponent; the only emotion that crossed his face appeared to be annoyance, evident by the way he rolled his eyes and snarled, “I don’t have time for this.”
But strangely enough, it seemed he did have time - at least, he didn’t attack her after that. He just... stood there motionless as if listening to something very closely.
Her curiousity soon overshadowed the fear as Ayesha followed the man’s gaze. And there he was: another stranger, male, tall and more formally dressed than the magic person in front of her. His first words were directed at the masked man, obviously meant as a threat when he placed one hand on the hilt of his sword. Oh, what a coincidence! So this warrior had come to save her, hadn’t he?
She should call herself lucky. Tilting her head to the side, unable to conceal her excitement, Ayesha listened to their conversation (which was mostly one-sided; all the masked man had to say was, “That’s none of your business”) before one of them addressed herself.

“Good morning, miss.” The warrior in western clothes. “Judging by the your attire, I’d venture to guess you’re not from around here. Is there something in particular you might be looking for that I can help with?”
An innocent smile graced her lips. “That is true, Sir. I arrived only a short while ago by ship. But where are my manners? Let me introduce myself: My name is Ayeshaline Helena Elizabeth, the princess von Schneeberg. I’d like to see what awaits me beyond this forest.”
Only then, it occurred to her that the kind man wasn’t at all surprised at the multiple clones around them. But why? Had he seen such things before? A note of confusion coloured her voice as she blurted out, thumb pointing to the masked man, who didn’t seem that eager to attack anymore, “Excuse me, Sir, do you know him? I was wondering how you can stay so calm with this magic right before your eyes. I have to say, it is truly astounding.”
At that point, she couldn’t suppress the hint of admiration showing on her face even though she was complimenting her own enemy – not that she wanted him to be her enemy, but he didn’t really leave her a choice, did he? Same person’s black eyes darted between Ayesha and the newcomer, until he grunted angrily, “I just really need the money.”
And having said that, all of the masked men suddenly dashed forward, so fast that she only had the time to let out a gasp.
Gold reared up once again, making her almost fall off.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Princess? That was certainly a new one. Under normal circumstances Bokuden would have brushed off a claim like that as absurdity, but with this girl, something compelled him to believe her. Her manner of dress and speech were not indicative of her being from the shinobi or samurai nations, that much was a certainty. She did however remind him of certain nobility that he worked with during his exile to the west. Even in those regions however, dress and speech like that typically was reserved for just that: nobles. If she was who she claimed to be then Bokuden would of course have to wonder what she was doing all alone in the wilderness of the Lightning Country. Given the situation however, any questions would have to wait until the masked man with the knife was taken care of. Princess or not, Bokuden was not going to allow this thug to simply get his way with the lady’s belongings.

Bokuden would raise an eyebrow at the pink-haired girl’s comment about this “magic” that had been performed. He took a moment to process the curious question, but soon enough he would surmise that she was referring to the Shadow Clone jutsu that had been used here. It was true, the western kingdoms were mostly unfamiliar with the concept of chakra. They referred to the use of that type of energy as magic, and the scope in which they were used was much narrower than in the shinobi nations. Their knights were more akin to samurai in their abilities than shinobi. He had spent quite a bit of time training dueling with knights during his time in the western kingdoms. He was even knighted himself and given a suit of armor, not that he ever really used it. The more this girl spoke, the more likely her claims being true became.

Before he could properly respond to her inquiries however, the masked man had seemingly become impatient and after a comment about “needing the money” he and his clones would charge forward, attempting to converge on their location. “Now you’re just being rude,” Bokuden would mutter chillingly, turning to face the original man. Then, almost in a blur of rapid movement Bokuden would cut off the original man’s path, releasing the extendable blade on his wrist and pointing the tip of the blade directly against the man’s jugular, causing both he and all of his clones to stop in surprise. Leaning forward a bit, Bokuden would speak to the man in a low enough tone that the young lady wouldn’t hear him over the neighing of her horse, “I doubt you’ve ever experienced the feeling of drowning helplessly in your own blood as it fills your lungs. I assure you, it isn’t a pleasant experience. Now, you are going to release the shadow clone jutsu, put away the knife, apologize to her, and walk away. If you refuse, I’ll drive this blade through your throat and leave you to die… slowly. Do we have an understanding?”

1225~

Ayesha

Ayesha

D-rank
Ayesha blinked her eyes open hesitantly, both her arms wrapped around Gold’s neck. The horse had calmed down a little… and the two of them were seemingly unharmed. But how? Her head jerked up as she suddenly remembered the other man who had already come to her aid before.
Could it be that… One glance straight-ahead confirmed her assumption. The white-haired knight was pointing the tip of his blade at his opponent’s neck, a single gesture which seemed to be enough for the wizard to reconsider.
“A-Alright. I'll do it,” said person stuttered, taking one step back ever so slowly before he turned to Ayesha. “Uh…” He appeared to be lost in thought for a while, then he continued. “Princess. I am sorry for charging at you like that. I don’t know what had gotten into me… I must have been blinded by my poverty. Please forgive me.”
It was truly surprising to hear somebody who had just tried to kill you apologize for his actions. Even so… his voice sounded a bit strained as though it was very hard for him to say these words.
Mouth and eyes wide open, Ayesha listened to the wizard, nodding a few times during his short speech. A familiar feeling started rising within her, an emotion similar to a faint spark of sadness... She felt sympathy for him. What terrible things must have happened in his life that he chose to attack innocents? Maybe he had to live in the woods with no-one there to keep him company, no-one there to pat his shoulder and tell him, "It will be alright".
Perhaps... everyone he used to care for had died long ago and he still suffered from his loss.

When the man attempted to leave right after he'd blurted out this apology, she quickly called him back, “Wait! Wait a minute, please.”
He turned around again, a frown all over his face, but she hoped to change that soon.
“I’d like you,” Ayesha began and rummaged through her bag before she took out several banknotes. After telling Gold to get closer to the man, she offered the money to him. “…to take this. I dearly hope it can make your life a little easier.”
The dumbfounded expression crossing his face made Ayesha giggle softly.
“Uh… uh… th-thank you,” he replied at last whilst accepting the money with what looked like a smile behind his mask. A clumsy bow followed. “Princess.”
Then he threw a careful glance at the knight beside him and hurried away as fast as he could.

Ayesha sighed. “A shame,” she murmured, looking around her. All the clones were gone. “I forgot to ask him.”
Brushing these thoughts aside, the young girl shifted her gaze to the other remaining man and gave him a wide smile. “I am so grateful, Sir. You saved my life. How can I thank you properly?”
Absent-mindedly, she reached into her bag again. “How much money would you like?”

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
With a quick contortion of the wrist Bokuden’s hidden blade would retract back into its holder, no longer needing the weapon in question having already forced the masked man to submit. He would glare at the man intently as he apologized and began to set off on his way, keeping his hand on the hilt of his sword just in case the thief wanted to do something stupid. He expected the man to require little effort to subdue, just as he expected him to be wise enough to value his life more than whatever profit he stood to make if he had continued with his actions. What he did not expect however, was what would happen next. As the masked man began to slink away from the scene at Bokuden’s command, the pink-haired girl would bid him stop and rather than sending her assailant away empty handed, she took money from her own bag and handed it to him.

Her actions both confused and intrigued Bokuden, who, while understanding the thoughts behind the decision she had made, he himself struggled with empathizing with or taking pity on those he would see as enemies. Although he questioned the wisdom behind rewarding someone who was so eager to draw a weapon and attack a defenseless girl for an apology that was forced upon him, Bokuden found the display of mercy refreshing and… endearing. He could only smirk as he watched the dumbfounded thief struggle to express some form of gratitude for the benevolence with which he was treated. When the thief turned around to take his leave however, Bokuden would return to his usual emotionless glare at the man.

Bokuden would let out an amused huff at the girl’s offer to compensate him with money for “saving her life”. “You exaggerate, miss,” he said calmly as he lowered his hand from his weapon, “Your life was never truly in danger. Someone as easily pacified as he was never had any intent to kill in the first place. Bloodlust is not something so easily quenched. At best I saved your wallet.” He would reply to her wide grin with a pleasant smile of his own before turning to face the direction he was originally headed in and taking a step forward. Raising his right hand up and half turning his face towards the girl on the horse he would wave his hand as if bidding farewell and continue, “Please, think nothing of what happened here today. You owe me nothing. What kind of man would I be if I left a lovely, defenseless maiden to fend for herself against an assailant like that. It was my honor to have the chance to raise my weapon in your defense. Please, do try to be more careful however, when travelling. There are many kinds of people in this world and someone like me won’t always be around to jump to your aid, as much as I’d like to be able to. Now, I think it is about time I continue on my journey as well. It was a pleasure to meet you, ‘Princess’.” Bokuden would then casually begin his march off on his own. In the back of his mind though, concern sat in for this girl and the danger of leaving her to continue her journey through the woods on her own. He wondered whether or not it would be wise to accompany her to her destination as her escort, but figured that if she desired an escort or company she would have been travelling with one. She certainly seemed wealthy enough to warrant it. His service would likely be hers if she requested it of him, but if not he would simply continue on his way and wish her the best.

1859~

Ayesha

Ayesha

D-rank
The stranger’s reply evoked a number of different emotions in her.
Foremost, surprise – who would deny a reward when having been offered one? He seemed to be the modest type of person or as he’d said himself, he didn’t think to deserve anything more than a kind “Thank you”, given the fact that the masked man had apparently never meant to hurt her in the first place.
Then there was that tiny spark of irritation lighting within Ayesha and prompting her to raise an eyebrow. His words were without a doubt sugar-coated, to the point that she felt tempted to call him a suck-up, but would never do so openly. Just the thought of insulting the man in such a way by pointing out his exaggerated flattery fed her guilty conscience so that Ayesha quickly put on a smile and focused on the gratitude she felt towards him.
“I understand.” She bowed her head gracefully whilst moving past the man, light blue eyes studying his expression. “It was also a pleasure meeting you, Sir. As it seems, we are heading in the same direction; yet I do know that I cannot expect you to keep up with a horse’s speed, certainly not with Gold’s speed at that. If you do not mind, however, may I ask you for your name before our paths part?”
Gold let out an impatient huff, one hoof stomping on the ground softly. She knew what that meant. He was ready to run, to gallop through the forest, wind in both their hair, hearts pounding with excitement. “Soon, Gold. Soon, we'll move on,” Ayesha thought, the serene smile still on her lips as she decided to brush aside the fresh memory of a man attacking her and putting it to rest. An unfortunate encounter, nothing more or less. The poverty had driven the person mad; otherwise, there was no way someone would choose to threaten an innocent as he had done.
She wanted to firmly believe in the conclusion she had arrived at. Nobody was a bad person all through. Nobody.
Peace reigned in this world, just like she had always imagined it. Could the man who had come to her rescue not serve as a good proof for that?  

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
“Unable to keep up with the speed of a horse?” Bokuden repeated, raising an eyebrow at the pink haired traveler, “You really are unfamiliar with this part of the world, aren’t you? I would venture to say that it is your Gold that wouldn’t be able to keep up with me.” Then, without warning, a jolt of pain in Bokuden’s side would cause him to grunt and hunch over in pain before losing his balance and stumbling over to a nearby tree to support himself. The rapid movements he used in order to stop the masked man’s assault from earlier seemed to have aggravated the injuries he had sustained during the clash with his father and clan just before departing from Kumogakure.

Leaning his back against the bark of the tree he would slowly begin to slide down until he reached the ground, hand pressing against his left side. He was still battered and sore from the conflict, but what truly troubled him was this pain in his side. He could only hope now that he had not reopened the wound he received from his father in their final confrontation, a large slashing wound across his left side. “I’m sorry miss Ayesha,” Bokuden spoke in a clearly pained voice, breathing heavily from the pain, “I tried my best to be on my best behavior in hopes that I could make you forgive that man you encountered earlier. I may have even laid it on a little thick, but I really did hope that you wouldn’t judge this part of the world solely on men like that. But it looks like I’m a bit too beat up to continue that little show. I hope you’re not too disappointed in me.”

“My name is Bokuden, to answer your previous question,” he continued, “Nothing as fancy as I’m sure you’re accustomed to, but it works for me. At this point I think it might be best if you just continue on your journey out of these woods without me. In this condition I don’t think I’d be able to move quickly enough to pace your horse. It looks like I couldn’t show you the proof of my earlier statement after all. I hope you’re not too disappointed in me. You really should get out of this area though. You probably have important places to be."

2265~

Ayesha

Ayesha

D-rank
“I would venture to say that it is your Gold that wouldn’t be able to keep up with me.”
A small smile crept upon her lips, slowly widening with every word he spoke, until she broke out into a chuckle. “I very much doubt that, Sir. I have never seen a human-”
Her breath caught when the man all of a sudden hunched over in pain, stumbling back and leaning against a nearby tree for support. What was going on? Ayesha paled, hands grasping the reins more tightly.
“Sir…” she began with hesitation. Could it be that the wizard had injured him? Although she hadn’t seen him do such a thing, he might have been capable of hurting people invisibly. Who knew what this magic could be used for…
“Did he… the masked man… did he cast a spell on you?”
But as soon as she had spoken these words, the warrior interrupted her, apologizing for his weakness. Ayesha bit down on her lower lip nervously. At that point, she was almost 100% sure that Bokuden – like he introduced himself – had been bewitched in ways she couldn’t possibly understand as a human being. Phantom pain perhaps? Or a real wound underneath his coat?

Ayesha’s gaze lowered to her own hands. It might be just like in the story books… white and black magic. If she, however, was able to walk on water for example, could she really call herself a pure human being? The thoughts concerned her more than she would admit. To her relief, the wizard had looked very much human, not at all like an alien, but on the other hand, it might have as well been an illusion.
“You really should get out of this area though. You probably have important places to be."
Her head jerked up. “Uh… um… yeah.” Face still pale, she took a deep breath. “Are you sure I cannot help you somehow?”
The look in his eyes provided her a clear answer. She swallowed, lifting the reins. “Alright then… thank you, Bokuden... Sir. I hope you will recover soon. Until the day we meet again.” Nothing but a polite phrase, she feared.
So the young princess set spurs to her horse and continued her path through the forest, preventing herself from throwing a glance back.

[EXIT THREAD]

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
[Thread Closed]

The Wide, Wide World [Kumo -> Konoha/?/Bokuden] Organic-label_81001

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.