You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero had gone through every book and scroll in his house. So far he had learned a great deal of things but one thing still irked him. His father had been murdered before he was born but the details eluded him. He had mailed a request or two but that was before the Bells war. Likely his messages had just gotten lost or discarded in all of it. Truth be told though he was a less then patient boy. He weighed the idea of sending another message for some time. His pale finger tapping the table in his fathers library. His grey eyes staring at the wall as he slowly came up with a plan. Why wait? He was a shinobi. Stealing a document was part of what he could be expected to do. But there was only one place he was sure such a thing would be kept. And where else but the Mizukage's own documents? It was risky but with risk came reward. If he was going to learn anything from it he needed to push aside fear. Come at it from a tactical angle and spend time devising a plan. After all the more encounters he planned for and the more he studied his target the better the mission could go.

So for a week he snuck into the city at night. Studying the patrols around the mizukage's office. When she left, What security measures where in place at what time, And even the weather patterns. Over a weeks time he jotted down notes and went over his plan. After all a kiri headband got you some leeway wandering around at night. Still on the off chance he had been noticed he waited an extra week. Only going the night before to see if the patrols had been changed. His grey eyes noting little difference. And so he went and rested for his mission. On the next night he dressed in his usual grey clothes. Grey pants and a grey hoody. Even pulling up a grey cloth over the lower half of his face. Usually he would of brought more weapons with him but this time he needed to move quietly. More equipment could click together and draw attention. So he slipped two Senbon up his sleeve and one Kunai strapped to each thigh. His Kiri head band idly drooped around his neck. And his rapier was strapped tightly to his back.

He waited to sneak into the city until about three in the morning. It was then that the mist was the thickest. His grey clothes helping him sneak through it, blending with it as if he was but a phantom. Closer and closer he moved sticking to the shadows and low into the mist. Taking side streets in order to avoid any prying eyes. Once he was close he moved into the shadows of a nearby building and waited. At four in the morning the guards changed shifts. According to his intel he still had two to three hours before the mizukage returned. Plenty of time to get in and get out of the city. As soon as the guard passed to go and check in his replacement Sero snuck up to the wall and focused chakra into his feet. Using momentum and chakra he ran up the wall in silence till he reached the window. The room was dark but still he didn't want to be noticed. Quietly he formed a hand seal  before focusing on his Suiton chakra. He was weak with that still but he focused on it feeling the flow of it before releasing it and Mist rose up from around to conceal him. Pulling out two Senbon he felt around for the lock before maneuvering the two senbon to pop the lock and opened the window slowly. Before trying to sneak in to the dark room.

646/2000 Suiton C-B

Jutsu used:

Chakra 135/150

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Aya's pattern however, had changed, as Sero would enter the room, the room would smell softly of Sake, as Aya had recently come to blows with her closest friend. The atmosphere of the room was heavier than normal, but, as soon as Sero walked into the room, from within the crawlspace under her desk, Aya stirred, looking out and having both heard and felt a disturbance in the room, the atmosphere changed, the humidity dropped as the entrance was opened even if only for the briefest of moments. She could hear that someone had entered her room, and for their sake, she hoped it was one of the twins, as much as her window which lead out to her balcony was more or less a thoroughfare for when she was working. Aya gripped her own sword and stepped out to announce herself, looking across, her face silhouetted by her hair, Aya was a mess, and the scent of Sake was obviously coming from her, her reaction speeds, her own personal speed, every aspect of her martial being was drastically lowered for the mean time.

"The hell are you doing here Osada...?"

She spoke angrily, holding her blade at her side, Ayakashi was in no mood for visitors, but from looking at him, she could guess that he was not here just to look for her be it for approval or some other matter, Aya looked serious but after taking a step forward she hopelessly tumbled over a stack of chairs which had been moved, crumpling to the ground and groaning, looking back up at the sealing... the world began to seem like a hopeless place, one she didn't want to be a part of, she had walked past her mother today and told her than nothing was wrong, for the first time in her life she had lied to both of the people she cared about and the girl who was hidden behind the iron mask of the Mizukage was beginning to buckle under the stress of the decisions she had to make for the good of the City. Why could she have not simply been killed by Seven Bells, everything would have been fine.

"You're as your father who you were named after Sero, and probably as pig headed... probably as stupid... ... ... I wish he were still here..."

She groaned picking herself up and wiping away the alcohol, the effect of the tonic draining from her as she froze the content within her body, looking at the boy and cracking her neck and spine back into place as she stood up, she'd had a bad day, but it seemed the assassin/ thief that had snuck into her room with a deadly weapon and whatever hidden goals was something she could probably overlook today, it was Sero's son after all, bastard or not, everyone knew he was the son of the previous mizukage, and as such, he basically had diplomatic immunity in the country short of mass murder...

"What can i do you for Sero? I got a report a couple of days ago saying that you were snooping around in the darkness recently, watching the Jonin patrols, really trying to remain hidden, we thought you were going to leave us, so I recommended you put under ANBU surveillance. Something the matter?"

Sero

Sero

S-rank
As he entered he quietly closed the window behind him. No sooner had he cut off his ability to just jump back out and run did something Stir and he felt his hand swiftly move for a Kunai. But it never made it there. Instead it froze above the Kunai and didn't move. In a second several thoughts went through his mind. First was where he was. The Mizukage's office. Chances were who ever was in there would not ignore having a weapon drawn on them. Second was the smell of Sake, Faded but his studies had told him that alcohol had a tendency to destroy the senses. And massively alter ones judgement. And then he heard his surname spoken. A simple inquiry of what he was doing here, Not just what he was doing there but as an Osada. His identity was revealed. Running would just further incriminate him at that point anyway. So he did not stop himself from drawing a weapon out of fear. But rather it was the logical conclusion to come to for his encounter to remain non combatant against a challenge he was likely not prepared for. Still as the stack of chair tumbled he spun quickly and prepared himself before his mind took in what he saw.

There on the floor was the source of the smell of Sake, And she looked ruined. If she didn't have her incredibly notable features he would not have assumed she was the Kage. Hell had he not been watching her to the point of stalking he might not of recognized her. There on the floor was Ayakashi with sword in hand staring at the ceiling like all was lost. Immediately his first thought continued to confirm his beliefs. Emotions were weakness. Having them led to vulnerability. But then she brought up why he was here in the first place. His father. So she knew him, Knew his father it seemed. Only her and a man with hammers had ever mentioned his father before. Though their opinions only had one thing in common. They wished that he was still there. And by the looks of things he was needed almost as much as when he was alive. Instead of some insecure girl drunk on the floor the nation could certainly use a strong leader. What confused him though was she wasn't acting at all the inspirational figure documents made her out to be. Perhaps she was just a good actor?

Still the temperature dropped in the room just a little. Like a fridge opening. That brought him back from his thoughts. Only a slight temperature change but with him on high alert he noted it. And then Ayakashi stood. Cracking her neck and back before suddenly she appeared completely sober. Fully capable once more. Then she spoke. Informed him about how he was not as careful and skillful as he thought. How easily he had revealed himself. Inwardly he noted that he would need to undergo more intense training if he made it out of the office intact. Still he looked over his shoulder out the window. Under Anbu Surveillance. Somewhere out there was a member of Anbu he had never even detected. If he had run for it there would not of been escape, just prolonged capture. Still he turned back to look Ayakashi in the eye. For a kid something was off about him. He didn't stir like some sad orphan at the mention of his father. He didn't shake in fear like some ant before a lion like he was. He just watched her like some cold individual void of those emotions. Those cold grey eyes he had inherited from his father. They seemed to see the soul itself.

"My objective was to steal any files on the previous Mizukage, Sero Osada. To discover the series of events that led to his death so I can learn from it and prevent it from happening to me." His voice was cold and at no point did he call the man his father. He never felt that kind of connection to anyone after all. Such titles mattered little to him. Still he continued on. "I doubted that I would get access to such documents just by asking so I intended to take them while no one was around. I do not intend to leave the mist, I am a weapon within it and blood that must be spilled within it is my purpose." He paused for a moment while he studied the woman before him. Before speaking once more. The words foolish but from his mind he thought honesty might be respected. "A weapon the Mizukage wields is only sharp enough to be effective if the Mizukage remains sharpened as well. A thousand lives hang on the balance of your words, A nation under your gaze. A heavy responsibility for anyone yes. But from what I just observed you appear to be giving in. You can not allow this to happen. Regardless of how difficult, Regardless of how much you have to bare on your shoulders you must be stronger then the fool that died before you. Less we all face ruin and the people lose faith in it's hierarchy " The freaking kid was lecturing her as if he was his father. He didn't seem to be concerned that she could snap him in half for his insolence.

1548/2000

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Aya looked at him not at all even a little bit surprised, she could not count on her hands how many other ninja were like him in the land of kirigakure. And Aya herself had always considered it the greatest of shames to befall the city hidden in the mist. Those who thought passion and care to be a weakness, those who thought only of themselves as a weapon to be tampered and honed to its utmost potential, and if one could not be sharp enough, or strong enough then you deserved to be cut down by those stronger than you. The village, had a history of culling the weak, and those who could not stand on their own two feet. And if that were the case, Aya, and her mother, would both be dead by now, and so would most of the village because of Seven Bells... Though that was not the case, they were here, because they had the willpower to reach out for help to the ninja beside them, and worked together as a single integrated unit, more powerful and any set of individuals... Aya had seen that true strength which she had inspired after the people of the country thought her to be dead. True power, is not the ability to become the strongest ninja in the world, it is the power to inspire those around you to be stronger as a team...

She truly, and honestly believed that...

Looking over her shoulder, she listened to his reprimanding, and thought about if Sero were here, he would probably have a similar opinion, though it would more likely be a far more direct slap to the face, with a coiled fist, telling her to wake the fuck out of her depression and get on with being a Kage. So, remembering that, all Sero Jr would see, is her move her eyes to the floor and crack a smile in response to his argument. His points were air tight, but like everything in this world, it was not about the words which were coming out of his mouth, it was the reasoning behind them. She could feel no heart in his words, there seemed to be little but mechanical, cold, autonomous logic behind them, and a part of it made her sad. It was like Sero had drained the strength and charisma from his family line and added it to his own to become as boisterous and outgoing as he truly was in life. Though, the time for reflecting was over, and although the boy she saw standing in front of him had in some ways more than others broken the law, in a nation which now prides itself in not taking prisoners, she could not help but think to herself, Although he looks like him... they are nothing alike...

"You're completely right... Though do not think for a moment that I am breaking down in such a manner that it could ever effect or detriment my ability to be the Mizukage of this village. When I put on my mask, I am iron, firm, and unflinching... But with it off... I get to be myself for a few moments before i have to be her again... I have put aside everything to be a stronger Mizukage than he, than Sero ever was, more reliable, here for the people as well as the ninja. To be the Kage this City needs me to be, and not being the Kage I want to be... forsaking everything I ever wanted to be as a person and as a ninja... and becoming everything i never wanted to be in the fist place, to simply achieve that goal... ... It is not a weight you could even begin to comprehend, as the Shadow of the Osada clan."

She stated, a little bit offended because of his tone, but not enough to throw him out a window... yet. So instead taking the stab knowing that to some level, least he grow to be something incredible in his own way, he would live in the shadow of his father his entire life. Though Aya's offense did not necessarily come from his preaching, or from his tone, but because it was a sacrifice that she had, had to make, and on some deep, emotional level, she was envious of the Genin before her. He was free to do as he wanted, to live a life and a destiny which had not been laid out before him, but it seemed to Aya that, the course of events of her life, loosing her own father at a young age, going through the crucible of her mother's depression, needing to defend her family, her home, then her country, was event after event that she was never truly in control over. He had the freedom to leave, and very few would be truly disappointed if he did, perhaps his friends, his extended family, the people he was friendly aquantances with... however few or many. But if Aya were to leave, there would be a power vacuum, the city would be plunged into a weakened state in which anything could happen, and all that she had worked for in over 5 years would mean nothing...

"But, you are wrong, I released all the information about your father, there is very little that is hidden other than his personal notes which are for my eyes only."She said pulling from her possession a note book, one which had many of the personal statements and deeds of the previous Mizukage back for the last hundred or so years. A compiled Docier of events kept for her to be able to keep track of everything should she need to..."As his son, you're more than welcome to it, though there is very little to tell you about him other than the kind of man he was. After the village was burned to the ground by the black flames of Hao's Amaterasu, the city was in a state of chaos and squalor. Sero Osada took up the mantle of being the Mizukage after the previous one before him, had almost done nothing with the mantle, other than fulfil his own selfish needs for power, and sell the artifacts of Kirigakure to undeserving foreign warriors, keeping several of them for himself, which I dug up from his empty grave...

Following Sero managed to rebuild this county, re-kindle the hopes of the people with his charisma and strength. Although he was not the most dutiful of Mizukage, he understood the big picture, and was a firm believer in the pursuit of justice. I fought alongside him once, in the fusa prison, quelling a riot which had taken over the facility, never before had i seen a man so powerful as he was, though very few of those imprisoned ninja were killed under his fists... In the end, it was Sero's trust in the reason of others which betrayed him, he held knowledge in his hands, and others did not believe him, leading to the death of himself, and two other Kage at a summit in steel country at the hands of the schichiouza. A cowardly organisation who used mass deception and dishonorable tactics to paralyze his potential, and strike him down at his weakest moment. The person who killed him, Utao, was slain by seven bells, and his revealing of the deed led us to the seven day war... Is there anything else you would like to know?"

She spoke clearly, after divulging a rather large sum of what she knew, other than Sero's position as a tad of a womanizer and some of his other hobbies which unless he asked something along the lines of what kind of man he was, she would keep to herself, she had noticed his eyes notice a little more than her fighting talent in her Jounin days, though, like now, Aya didn't often wear much other than her open coat and her bandage bound breasts back then either, so, it was probably her fault that she had attracted his attention. Aya giggled at the memory, though trying not to dwell on it for too long. The history of Sero Osada was something that of all people, his son had a right to know, and though Aya had some knowledge of the things he did, and the deeds he had committed, she was not a dictionary. So, in an effort to be able to give him the information he was looking for, she opened the diary and began to read through some of his more private notes, things he would have left for his replacement, orders in place for the plans of kirigakure, other than the expected 'rip the bastard that got me to pieces' note, which Aya was certain would be in here somewhere...

Aya had not known Sero on a bad day, though, in some instances, while he did not come off as an extremely blunt, forward, charasmatic individual. He seemed to have a level of social insecurity, like he was very often unsure of the wants of others, and that was something which had always interested Aya about him...

Sero

Sero

S-rank
His eyes watched her for some time. He did not go for a weapon or relax. He just seemed to stand there like a statue. Even as she spoke for some time he did not so much as blink. No shifting of even a hair. If it wasn't for the way his nostrils occasionally flared ever so slightly to show he was breathing one would wonder if it was some kind of trick. An Illusion. But truthfully he was just being cautious. The woman before him was nothing to joke about. The first hint of a hostile movement and she could put an arrow through him. He would challenge all the swordsmen one day. But that day was a good ways off. He was still but a grunt in the forces. And only foolish soldiers thought they could take on the best of the best.

Still his grey gaze shifted to the book as she pulled it out. His objective was right in front of him. That little notebook would of been impossible to take from her person by himself. Some part of him had suspected that she would just keep it hidden in her office some where. Instead of on her person. After all with so much power such a fragile thing as a notebook would be at risk. He imagined such a thing frozen and for the first time frowned. But only for a split second. For his attention was drawn to her revealing exactly what he had come to learn.

He listened for a time. His father portrayed in her words. He had never heard much about his father. And now his father was being painted out as a great man. Charismatic and strong. Able to lead people and to protect. She spoke of the man with a considerable amount of respect. But about half way through he turned away and crossed his arms. Typical stand offish stance and the first hint of humanity he had shown. He was quiet for a second before finally he spoke. His voice even colder then before.

"if he was strong then he would be here now. Instead he died like a fool. Some one stronger then him had to kill his attacker. Still it is good she is dead. One less thing for me to concern myself with. And if anything he passed on one thing in his death, Waiting on others to accept truth will get you killed."

He eyed the window for a moment. As if contemplating just leaving. if she intended to stop him he wouldn't get far. His mist was still hovering outside. But something held him back. Something about his past dragged up into the moment. He stood there staring out the window a moment. Before he spoke once more. His voice not as cold but still the kind of cold of a child who knew only loneliness and hate. The kind of voice that was from some one who had to fight to survive for as long as he could remember. But the sentence almost trembled at the end for just a moment. With only a few words. He showed he was but a child.

"And what of my mother?"

2000/2000 Suiton C-B
84 Words unused.

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Aya could feel his frustration, at the very least he appeared to be frustrated, his stance, his facial expression, although it did not have emotion written on his face she could feel something there, whether it was hate, or resentment, or something more, Ayakashi could not tell, but, she listened to each of his words as he spoke. He seemed to be another one of those who saw themselves as nothing more than a weapon of the country, wanting to temper themselves into becoming something powerful rather than something useful. Aya had always been confused at this particular method of thinking. The will to become a blade to be wielded by another without hesitation or question. When, in reality, if more people questioned, and were hesitant, there would more likely than not be a lot less wars in this world. Kirigakure was one of the worst for it in the past, they would dive headfirst into combat, selling their powerful ninja to other countries to kill their criminals or even fight in their wars. The previous Mizukage had at the very least been intelligent with this method, under her, the country had become powerful, and wealthy, as well as well known. Kirigakure ninja were sought after, and their swordsman, internationally infamous.

Aya had in some ways kept that mode of thinking going into the new age of ninja, but she had tried her best to give her country a sense on justice to its once murderous soul. She had succeeded for the most part, but many of the ninja families here still had this monotonous killing desire, which was a shadow of the older regime. A shadow she saw being cast by the son of Sero. In many ways Sero himself carried that torch as well, he did not hesitate to put people down if they needed to be, and in some cases, Aya, when she had to be, had been very much the same, though she always stood behind that her actions were just at the core of their coming to pass, and not necessarily as simple as being beneficial or profitable to the country. But, with his uncaring nature, as he passed off the death of his own father, calling him weak, and it being a fault of his own, Aya felt sorry for the boy, it felt as if he was trying to drive a wedge in between himself and his late father, trying to keep up his own emotional walls in order to distance and protect himself from getting too close to someone who was already gone.

But at his second question, Aya tilted her head, she had never known the girl who Sero had, had the pleasure of being with to make a son, though she could only have imagined that the couple would have been incredibly awkward, but, in some lights, also happy. Lowering her tone, she moved closer to him, reaching out with one of her hands to place it on his shoulder. Her hand, as it would touch him would be cold to the touch, like the hand of a person who had been out in the cold all night, though it would not be cold enough to cause pain, discomfort or immediate shock. "I never knew your mother, and if I happened to, I never knew Sero was with anyone at the time. I trained with Sero, but I was not too invested into his personal life. Though I would like for you to drop the attitude if I can be rather bold. You will never hear people utter how Sero was a weakling, or how he had betrayed this city and forsaken his son from another living soul. He was widely loved, and that love extends to you if you would allow it to. You're living in the shadow of a famous man, who you are the spitting image of, in likeness, and in attitude, so you should be mindful of that mantle, because I see in you the same greatness he had. One day I would be proud to pass my title onto the son of my mentor, but I will do so with regret if you continue the way you are now..."

She said with an eye of regret, remembering a piece of paper on her desk, a recent mission had come across her table, and it was one which she thought would be good for the aspiring ninja. She would hope to spark his humanity, and hopefully under her own wing, lead him onto a better path, the right path... taking up her weapons, as well as her mask which was still attached at her hip, she would grab the piece of paper and look to him, they could continue this talk as they were moving, and, she had the weight of her orders to ensure that he would complete this task alongside her, although, he would be doing most of the heavy lifting. This was a test after all.

"Don't stop talking, but while you do, come with me, I have something I need us to do, and perhaps I can teach you something along the way." She spoke, throwing the scroll over to him which read:

C Rank:

Mission: Apprehend a suspected spy of Sunagakure:

A Farmer of Kiri has been caught swindling information about completed missions and state affairs to Suna, his letters for the past week have been intercepted and we have been keeping watch, but, recently he has been visited by several people coming from Suna, they appear to be travelers, but they may be his contacts... Their travel documents state they will be staying here about a week, giving a window of opportunity. The issue must be dealt with.

Permission for lethal force: Granted

Aya had particularly taken this missions because there is a conflict of interests here. Under the new dogma of Kirigakure, treason was an offense punishable by death, but, under the new regime, Aya was suspicious of there being more to this story than met the eye. She suspected that there might be something going on in the background, because the man who had been staying there, had only started sending his messages off within the last nine months or so, meaning that he had not always been a spy, or he had only recently changed his method of delivering, and been caught after the new, and rather idiotic change.

'After' Sero would reply to the statement before hand Aya would move her focus onto the mission she wanted them to complete, walking to her balcony, she took a running step and propped up to the balcony rail and stepped off it casually, falling several stories before landing on the stone floor below them, bending her knees upon landing her coat flailed out dramatically before she straightened up to stand tall almost immediately to begin to walk down the street. Hoping that Sero would be in close pursuit she continued to walk toward the main gates to the city. She would order him if need be, but, to a ninja who valued strength, passing up an opportunity to mission with the Mizukage was a fools choice.

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero watched her approach with the cold gaze of a person calculating risk. The odds were nearly impossible to measure if she turned hostile. However nothing of her behavior had indicated as much. If she had intended to take him down he doubted she would play with him first. It was simply put inefficient. Still he was always cautious to the point of paranoia with everyone. He wasn't known for being a warm and funny conversation partner. He typically scared the crap out of those who thought to cross him. But that wouldn't happen here. After all why would the Queen of winters be afraid of a child like him? Armed or not he was not much of a threat. Nor had he ever shown much of a lack of loyalty to Kirigakure short of attempting to break into her office. So when she approached he made the calculated choice to remain entirely motionless short of breathing. The only parts of him moving was the flare of his nostrils as he breathed and those dead grey eyes that followed her. So much like his fathers eyes that he might seem to be haunting her. However as she rested her hand on his shoulder she would feel the shuriken under his shoulder sheaths. But he would not feel the cold. Or the hand itself for that matter. He knew it was happening and observed it closely but he was born without the ability to actually 'feel' any sense of touch.

He listened to her words as he watched her while he measured the appropriate response. Even the Mizukage knew little to nothing of his mother. He would have to accept for the time being that was a dead end. He would of course look to alternative resources for further information. Other students. Past squad mates. Some one some where had to know enough of his late fathers life to know of his mother. It was a matter of time and effort to discover his lineage properly. Sure, Being the son of a Kage was usually enough to live up to. But surpassing his own father was not his only goal. He needed to surpass mortality and every single opponent there was. If people feared his father they will be terrified at the mention of his son. If he was known for his power then his son would make that look like child's play. Still the mention of dropping his tone was noted as what he considered as a warning. It was not wise to anger the queen of winters yet. Besides he had pledged his loyalty to...queen and country.

He bowed his head respectfully as she collected herself. Her weapons and a sheet of paper which she handed to him for some reason. He eyes her for a moment as he began to piece together he was to be tested. He spoke as he followed her to the balcony. His voice cold but curious this time. As if wondering openly about something. It was possible that if anything the curiosity of a child his age was showing. Humanity at last. Or something close to it.

"As you wish Mizukage-sama. But if I can ask for what files I may be allowed copies of I would like to continue my investigation further. There are answers when the right question is asked. I just need to find out who to ask that question to."

He watched her step off the balcony as if taking a simple step. The landing on the ground below wasn't even worth more then a simple step to her. Walking as if such a drop meant little to nothing. He was damn sure he could not of outrun that kind of monstrous stamina. He on the other hand dropped down and when he hit he crouched and rolled to break his fall. He of course didn't register the pain of impact but as he walked he noted that he did so with only a slight difference before. Not so much as a twisted ankle from his fall was something at least. He moved quickly through the dark streets after her before finally catching up and speaking. The document being shoved into his pocket.

"I noted a couple of things from the document. First of all lethal force has been granted. So I suspect we are going there to take down a target or any targets present if he has contacts from Suna. Before we infiltrate though I would like to know what intel we gathered from the intercepted messages and scout out the target as well. If I am to take him on I want to know what defenses he has prepared. Not to mention so more information can tell us if he is actually a trained shinobi implant or a simple Farmer. But these are simply my observations. I will of course follow orders."

WC 901

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Ayakashi looked at him as he began to speak, happily moving backwards as she continued on her way toward the area. She had a feeling that the visitors from Sunagakure would more than likely be the kind to fight at any given chance, though there was a chance that they were working as independent agents. Kiri had good ties with most, if not all the countries surrounding itself in the ninja world, as each country had sent troops to aid in the seven bells civil war, Kiri had tried its best to keep those bonds strong. Especially between the likes of Iwa, Konoha and Kumogakure. Each of those locations were known as powerhouses, but, in knowing Gin on a deep and personal level, Aya was a little more cautious of Suna, Gin had once been the Kazekage before she had left due to her own needs, and though she had stood down, and even at one point had become the countries' Daimyo, she had ties to kiri based on the sword she had carried on her back. Soulcutter... One of Kiri's legendary seven swords, and one which would always place her highly among Kiri's ranks.

Each of the young Sero Jr's questions were dead on the mark logically, asking for the information content of the messages which had been sent, as well as any information on the case as a whole, though, as a standard, Aya was going to give him control of the mission, she wanted him to be in command of her for the mission until its end. A duty which he was going to hear about in the coming moments, whether he liked it or not, Aya was trying to groom him to be a bit more of a person than his father, as well as a great ninja for the country as a whole. When it came to him asking for copies of information, that was a more dubious question, one which Aya was a little more inclined to disagree to. Though she had no problem with him reading it and committing it to memory, though the replication of the Kage's documents was perhaps taking the whole thing a little bit too far. It could already be read from her face that Aya was not too happy with the idea of him making copies of her own personal documents as she opened her mouth to speak.

"While I have no issue with you continuing your search, in fact, I support it whole-heartedly, and will gladly dedicate whatever resource i can into aiding you if you should let me, I don't enjoy the idea of you physically copying notes from my quarters, nor being in there alone. I would much rather it, at any point, you are welcome to but ask to see them, and I would gladly help you to search out the required ones, if you would but trust that I am not trying to hide anything from you... However, when it comes to the mission, the farmer in question has no record of being a Village shinobi, though, he may have been trained if he is being contacted by Sunagakure ninja. Though his Son and daughter are currently a Genin and have entered the ninja academy respectively. We've only caught wind of the messages a matter of months ago, so, his sending of the messages is either different, or recent. The details in the messages are lists of the completed missions in the area, as well as basic information about Kirigakure's Armed forces, including that of the Daimyo's which he has attained through his routine movements trafficking his wares to markets. At least, that is what we have intercepted. I'll allow you to take point on this mission and I'll follow your instructions, so, basically, you're MY commanding officer for this mission, until i deem it necessary to take back control... Though another, final point of note is that his daughter, who is in the academy, has not been arriving in her classes recently"

She spoke looking to him lowering her tone at the last piece of information. Aya liked to think the best of her people. Though, this farmer's area was one of the places hit by the war against Seven Bells, The battle of day two, through the forests was only a couple kilometers from his land, and it was possible that some of the stray war had dealt some damage to his land, which he may very well blame the country for. Aya knows in earlier years, she might have done the same thing, if a war, caused by the passion of the kage had of destroyed her home and livelihood... But there was little which could be done about it now, the entire village had been working hard on the rebuild, and thought the steps of rebuilding the city from the inside out, places like here had not quite been reached yet, though they were coming. The residential area of Kirigakure had almost been completed with all hands on deck, though, little was done in the period of the war to defend them.

As they would begin to arrive at their destination, the farm was on the outskirts of one of Kirigakure's biggest rain forests. The area here was well covered by the forest canopy, though it was nowhere near as dense as some of the forest area deeper in. The man's house was large, large enough to be able to house at least half a dozen people happily and separately without piling them into the same room. His land was expansive, the cultivated areas filling at least a dozen paddocks which expanded out in every direction, holding a mix of livestock and vegetation which he, and those who no doubt aided him on the farmland used for capitol. Aya, with the help of her mask, she could see the movement inside the house before them, there were the visitors as well as the man and his daughter and son staying at home, within the house. Aya could not sight any traps in the nearby area, at least none that had moving parts or were atop the surface of the soil. Now was the time to begin to investigate, though, the people inside seemed to be talking around a table, with the farmer's wife serving them food at this point in the evening.

"So, what's the plan?" Aya concluded.

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero listened as they traveled and thought to himself as he observed the area around them. Marks of battle from not too long ago seemed to decorate the area like a poem. A cryptic story told through the words carved into land. A tree marked with dry blood on it's bark. A patch of ground darkened with nothing growing from a fire. A log with slashed through it from an edged weapon and Kunai marks through out the entire area. He held little to no doubt that a great deal had happened there during the recent war. But it was fading as all battles do. But nothing really all that new. It was strange for academy students not to leave training marks. Still as they approached the household he remained low. Well lower anyway. A kid his size blended in pretty well with the grey surroundings. Still he paused as they approached and came to a stop as he surveyed the household. After a minute he would kneel down and pull out a scroll. He would unroll it and place it on the ground before tapping it with his chakra. From within the scroll popped out two head sets bundled together. He unwrapped them before handing one to Ayakashi. He then fitted one to himself. He then undid his weapons from his form. He took off his sweater to reveal a collared shirt underneath. Blue in color and short sleeved. His arms were surprisingly toned for his age. Still he bundled up all but four Kunai, his smoke bomb and his flash bomb into his hoody and sealed them into the scroll. He rolled up the scroll and handed it to Ayakashi all without speaking. He then tucked in the Kunai into his belt under his shirt so they were hidden. pocketing the two bombs he popped up his collar to hide the radio. The cord going into his ear hidden behind his hair. It was then he would speak.

"Set your radio to station 8 with mine. But keep chatter down for emergencies. Thinking over the data I somehow doubt that the individual is willingly selling this information. Interrogation is rarely reliable and often leads into a trap when dealing with trained individuals. If I needed info I would target a civilian with access to the information I need. Then I would lead him to believe his family and self were in danger if he didn't provide. The fact that his daughter hasn't been attending school lately could be a result of that. Or they intend to be leaving soon. One option would be to seal the exits and burn down the building to eliminate the threat. However if my theory is correct then the collateral damage would include future recruits to the genin ranks. So I intend to go in with some subtlety first and then act accordingly. I will need two things from you. I need the named of the man and his daughter. This way I can make the approach as a concerned classmate. I do appear to be the appropriate age after all and I am not well known. Once I manage to get inside as a concerned class mate I shall let off a flash bomb and a smoke bomb to cover your entrance. This is the second part you will be responsible for. Under the cover of smoke I need you to incapacitate anyone outside of the man and his immediate family. We will hold off on killing anyone just yet. Once that is done I need you to freeze the exits and hide your presence before the smoke clears. You will be able to listen in via radio and feed me any information that doesn't line up when I question the family. Can you handle that?"

Reaction time
D ~> D-1, 325/325
D-1 ~> D-2, 400/400
D-2 ~> D-3, 450/450

360 words remaining.

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Aya could not help but crack a smile, she could almost see the phantom image of his father hover in place of the young boy's face. Though he was a physical spitting image of his father, he was also tactically brilliant and logically apt. Though, there was a part of Aya that wished he had a more emotional side to him, which he may well do somewhere deep inside, but it was certainly not dominant. For a flickering moment, she was like a school girl looking to a puppy, wondering how cute and awkward it would be to put him into a scenario out of his comfort zone and watch him writhe as he attempted to adapt. But the thought was a fleeting one which soon gave in to feelings of pride in the young boy. The plan was a sound one, she soaked in his instructions and nodded, he was taking a risk going in, depending on how desperate or hostile the other ninja in there were, simply opening the door was a risk, one which could have him near instantly taken as a hostage or even worse, killed for potentially being a witness to something that they were doing inside. Though those options were highly unlikely, they were possible, and it was something a trained ninja had to be ready for...

Aya opened her mouth as if to talk, crouching low and activating the mantle of the kage, causing her to become more like a ghost, transparent, a fleeting image hovering there like an illusion due to the chakra coursing through the cloak. She nodded to him as she absorbed his plan, in essence, it would seem like he would have eliminated the others while Aya would be making herself rather scarce among the smoke and temporarily blinded opponents. There were three on her radar, then there were the two children and the father, which was a slightly taller man, far more bulky than any of the other men in the house. If he was a fighter, he was going to be physically strong, stronger than Aya, and that was saying something. Aya was a powerful ninja, who, when using her chakra felt like she could level mountains, but, without her chakra control, she was still a middle age woman. Compared to a man of his size, her natural physical strength, especially in her wounded state after earlier affairs, she would have to avoid exchanging blows with him if she could at all avoid it.

"The children are named Toriama, Kairi and Toriama, Zaku. Their father is Toriama, Hoshie... The men from Suna, I have no idea of any of their identities, though they claim to be Travelling traders, if your distraction works, I will have no issue with them, and I will freeze the door quickly and be out of your hair. If i make a lingering appearance, things might go a little south, especially if the farmer and his kids have truly betrayed us, they may clam up, so, I will let you handle most of the talking as a classmate of the kids, you may get further that way, as they would not mind talking down to you."

Taking the earpiece, Aya tuned it into the correct frequency and stayed close, not bothering to yet enter something like her sage mode, she didn't need to, she was fine this way, and while she was thinking, she tightened her combat gloves and hunkered down, using her stealth to come up to the house from its blind spot. Using the cover of the trees and shadows for her to make her approach little by little looking to and fro as she would listen intently to everything Sero had to say, watching his every move through the active power of her mask, while becoming nothing, hidden to even Sero, Aya would become a ghost, a presence to everything in the area, leaving his side in such a manner that she would be able to observe and be relied on. Sero would have to trust her positioning and her reaction times. Aya looked through and attempted to find a point of entry. Looking around the back of the house, there seemed to be a back entrance, one which meant she would not have to barge past Sero in order to get in.

Coming through, it seemed to be an area for the storage of simple tools, slinking through she kept an eye on everyone in the room through the wall. Trenching down behind the room like a spy, it was hard to hear anything naturally through the walls, but, through the earpiece, everything came through as clear as day when Sero would start talking. From this position Aya waited, ready to spring into action, her hand wrapped around the handle of the door, ready to take to them in a pincer should any of them attempt to attack or escape through either of the possible exits, the windows were the other potential point of exit for the Suna ninja, assuming they were actual ninja... But for Aya to cover them, she was just going to have to be fast enough to stop each of them from bridging the gap to the windows catching them by the ankles and kicked their heads in before they managed to get that far. Hopefully Sero, should one of the ninja try to rush him, impaired visually, he would be able to handle himself for a moment.

This was going to be a show...

and so Aya listened, awaiting her cue.

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero took a mental note of all the information provided to him. His plan running scenarios in his head. The chance that he was sent away without ever being let in would mean an entrance via window and risking exposure before he could get off the distractions. If he was walking into a trap then he might need to act quickly. The radio would pick up on the sounds of an Ambush and then Ayakashi would have to move in without the cover of smoke. If it turned out to be a more innocent event then they needed to not have any known connections to KIri or the Mizukage. That meant he would be using a false identity. This also covered him in the event of one of the individuals escaping. His identity would be assumed Aisu instead of an Osada. He some what wished Gin was here to cover the outside. He had seen her in action once before. He had helped dispose of the bodies. But for now it was just a two man Op with a time constraint. Typically he would monitor his target over a stretch of time and gather intel. But time was up and he was there now. The only bonus was he brought the strongest woman on the planet with him.

He took a breath and waited a few moments to let Aya get into position. He had called for radio silence so he wouldn't confirm her position as set but instead assume as much. If something prevented her from entering the building he would be forced to defend himself. And that likely meant everyone in that house dying. His abilities were more mass targeting the selective. And inside of an enclosed space like a house an Osada was at their most threatening. Still he moved to his feet and adjusted his composure. He seemed to transformed into a completely different person. Like a mask slipping over him he took on the appearance of a joyful and somewhat curious young child. He needed to make the approach this way so as not to raise an alarm. He carefully hid his presence and killing instincts behind the mask of innocence. He didn't feel emotion but he had studied it and could mimic it. So he let his feet carry him up the path straight to the house. Looking around as if new to the area. As if he hadn't memorized the terrain already. He was good at pretending to be human.

Still he moved onto the porch and holding back his strength he lifted his hand and rapped on the door in a tone of one of the sing songs he had heard around the village. Apparently very popular. He had heard it enough after all. Something along the lines of jacobs men. Still he heard movement and shoved his hands in his pockets looking like a punk kid. But his hands were on the bombs. The floor in front of the door creaked and then slowly the handle turned. And then it opened. Standing in front of him was a young boy. Zaku was a safe bet. So Sero spoke up. This was after all his best chance. A kid was more gullible towards letting him in.

"Hey Zaku! Is your sister Kairi in? I heard she was sick and I came to see if she wanted some company. Can I see her?"

Zaku looked at him with a little bit of surprise. He obviously didn't recognize Sero but since Sero knew him he must be in the academy with them right? Not wanting to look like a jerk he nodded and let Sero in before closing the door behind him. Sero let Zaku take the lead before the entered the dining room. Everyone in the room looked up at once. Hoshi looked like he was about to speak before Sero piped up once more. This time his voice was cold once more.

"Hello Toriama, Hoshie. I have questions for you." And then he pulled it. The flash bomb was tossed in the air as Sero shielded his eyes before there was a bang and a blinding flash. There was a couple of screams and shouts but Sero wasn't wasting any time. He had already dropped to one knee and rolled to the right before tossing the smoke grenade. Even blinded a trained individual could aim Kunai where Sero had been standing. He flattened himself against the wall to stay out of the way while white smoke cut off his vision from everything entirely. It was Ayakashi's turn now.

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Ba-BANG!

And the signal was as clear as day, maintaining the power of her cloak, she kicked the door open which exploded off its hinges, splintering outward as the oaken wood cracked, the bolted hinges creaked and bent as the door twisted and contorted in ways that a door should probably not. Aya could not see the other ninja in the room reacting to her yet, though with the power of her mask and the device in her ear, she had both seen and heard everything that had gone on so far. Recalling the information, Sero had assumed the guise of an Academy student, childish and human enough to potentially pass for a real boy, his performance did not seem forced at all, other than perhaps being a little too textbook, but, that's just how some people were. The guise had succeeded and, with a rather gung ho approach, Sero had laid down a nice one liner, the kind which his father might have been a little proud of before flourishing the flash and smoke bombs, blinding the people in the room and masking their vision for the notable future.

Aya moved swiftly, she could feel the weight of her body lifting as the adrenaline began to course through her veins like fire, running like daggers across her insides against her ice cold skin, like taking a hot shower after an ice bath. catching one of the opponents sitting at the table, Aya took three running steps, as silent as the grave, moving as a shimmer of light and air closing the gap between them before reaching out a hand for the recoiling ninja's shoulder. With a hand around it he reacted and grabbed her wrist... Big mistake. He had presented Aya with a lever, and had made a novice error in his panic. Grabbing the top of his wrist with her other hand, Aya spun and ducked under his arm, twisting it up and straightening it out, forcing the ninja to bend low with the force on his arm. Still gripping his wrist Aya threw a knee into his sternum strong enough to lift him inches off the ground, a vullnerable point long enough to deliver a single elbow to his back, putting him through the kitchen table, and knocking him unconscious, barely a second having passed before Aya moved onto her next target.

The next man had, in the second or two Aya had taken to get this far, had drawn two Kunai, moving to raise them over his head in an effort to throw them in the direction of the young ninja. Aya had to have Sero's back, not having time to locate Sero, she moved in on her opponent. Bridging the gap, she had to stop all of her momentum, launching out with a singl leg, she threw her momentum into the back of the man's knee, dropping him to one knee with a sharp cry of pain and surprise as Aya them noved to grab his falling wrist. Finding her grip, Aya twisted it in such a manner as to dislocate it from behind while strafing, now standing shoulder to shoulder with the suna ninja, her other hand awaited the falling kunai as she flourished a smirk. Catching one she spun low, ducking under the ninjas arm and cutting through the ninja's ankle in a single stroke, tearing through the achilles tendon of his planted foot, single handedly ensuring he would be crippled with the agonizing searing pain for some minutes to come, putting him out of the fight.

Leaving one.

Aya finishing her spin, routed her momentum into facing the other ninja who seemed to have drawn daggers of his own. Turning the spin force into throwing force, expert technique sent the dagger in her hand flying at longbow speeds to land hilt first into the gut of the nina across the room on purpose, causing him to stagger back, and bow ever so slightly on the heavy impact, as he had been readying himself to fight Sero. Though he was a little further away from Aya. Taking a running step, the man looked up, not quite able to recover fast enough however, as Aya had already taken a running step, stepping up on and kicking off one of the chairs which was in the room, averting his gaze, while virtually invisible against the smoke and his teary eyes from the flash. Aya was above him, flipping once in middair she let out a single heel, bringing it down on his pronounced shoulder in a single, bone shattering Axe kick, hard enough to break his collar bone wiht the blow. Aya was even a little proud of herself with the efficiency of the elimination.

By this point she had manouvered herself to near the front of the room, while eliminating the other three ninja, she clapped her hands together, and used the substitute technique with one of the logs outside to rapidly escape, the audible poof was nothing among the crashing and the cries of pain which came from three parts of the room seemingly one after the other, but so close together they somewhat seemed to blend into one which simply progressed louder and louder. But with the substitution technique, she was gone like she had never been there. The piece of wood blended in with the broken furnature, leaving no trace of the Mizukage, who, kneeling outside one of the windows, once again outside the house, moved her hand to the radio, giving the boy a line.

All targets eliminated, some are more consious than others, but, none of them will be doing anything with the condition I just left them in. Broken collarbone 'slash' concussion, knocked out, and immobalised with a dislocated wrist. Feel free to question the other three at leisure, the smoke should be clearing soon.

She spoke clearly and professionally, like one would call in to their commander on a mission, and she was doing just that, from outside the building she froze over the front door, giving them no path of exit, as well as the windows by laying a hand against the outside of the house. The ice, like a corrupting force slithered over the wood, leaving cystal formations in its wake, but, with that, the boy was also locked into the house. From now, it would be in his better intrests to strip down the three ninja in the house, but, getting to the bottom of this was the key to the mission. Aya was about to be interested to see how he went about this next part of the mission. The father, looking around at the destruction, looked to the boy as the smoke flowed out the back door which Aya had initially come through. His eyes looked around at the three ninja who had just been taken apart before looking at the boy.

"Wha-what just happened!? Who are you!? What do you want with m-me!?"

The man stuttered, beginning to backstep, looking for a point of egress, but, he feared the only point was too far back, the windows he would have been edging for seemed to be covered over by ice, and the temperature of the room because of them was beginning to slowly drop.

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero remained where he was off to the side as he listened to the screams. One echoing after the other. He could tell the mission was going according to plan. His grey eyes stared into the smoke as he couldn't feel the discomfort the smoke would cause a normal person. He did however cover his mouth as a precaution against the difficulty breathing. He waited for a moment longer before static lit up his comm link. After a second Ayakashi's voice came loud and clear through his ear piece. A report to keep him updated. He of course appreciated the efforts.  Still he could see as the smoke began to clear that she had also completed her secondary task of sealing the building in ice. He could see his breath on the air but it really didn't bother him. Even lightly dressed as it was he couldn't feel the temperature drop.  But his logical mind knew how the body would react to being exposed if the temperature dropped too low. So his plan needed to work quickly. He needed to position himself in such a way that it appeared that he was responsible for taking out the men in the other room.

Ducking low Sero moved into the other room even as the smoke began to thin. His pale complexion and grey clothes blending in with it all nicely. He managed to get into the other room as the smoke began to clear well enough for him to see. The individuals were indeed taken down and none of them dead. He appreciated the thorough workings of the Mizukage at least. Still he bent down and collected the weapons there. Placing each on in turn into his belt. Then he took the time to take some of the blood freezing to the floor and mark his hands and clothes with it. Truly appearing to be a vicious individual. As if he had slaughtered the men in there himself in that split second. As the smoke cleared Sero stepped out of the room the men were in. His feet tracking blood across the floor. Each foot step seemed heavy and he was armed to the teeth now with Kunai and daggers. He was the exact opposite of the child he had posed as to get in. His silver eyes as cold as the ice in the room fell on the merchant in question. Like death staring into his soul. Before Sero sat down at the table and picked up a cup of tea. He lifted it to his lips and sipped it. Remaining casual. Before he spoke in a cold tone.

"Well let me answer your questions in order. First of all, I cleaned up some filth in your other room. Shinobi from elsewhere that never checked in as themselves. Interesting fellows but too dead to talk now. Or well into the process of dying. I then froze every exit to this room so no one is leaving. As for who I am some would call me something like a serial killer but I prefer the term patriot. My name is Judas. Aisu Judas. And I love my country. But on to your most important question. What I want from you. I want information Mr. Toriama. I have spent some time watching you and your couriers. Some very disturbing details being sent to Suna in them. I would very much like an explanation. But I am not an unfair man. I give you three choices. The first choice is you tell me nothing, And I sit here while you and your children freeze to death and then burn the house down just to make sure all the evidence I was here gets destroyed. Two is you tell me something and I discover its untrue and I find your children at a later date and skin them alive. Or three. You tell me the entire truth, and then regain your honor by committing sepaku. At which point I can assure that your children will not be involved in your treachery and they will be looked after. I should warn you though I have very little patience and soon you will begin to suffer incredibly cold temperatures. I would be quick unless you truly value the first option."

1500/1500
kyujutsu trained

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Mr Toriama recoiled, clinging to the table of the room he was in... there was no way... could the boy before him, no older than fourteen be so devastatingly fast that he was able to dispense of the men in the other room in the few seconds the smoke bomb had gone off? This was no mere boy, nor a mere Genin, but then his eyes adjusted, the boy had said 'Aisu' the line of the current Mizukage, the demon ice witch... could this boy be a part of her bloodline!? Be he trained by her or descended from her, there was no way to weasel himself out of this situation, cold sweat beaded down his brow as the children came into the room, looking at their father and the ice on the windows, there had been a hell of a commotion before, enough to startle anyone, even the neighbours if they had been living in a town house. But that was sadly not the case. Mr. Toriama sighed in defeat. Grabbing something to sustain himself on, he moved up to sit at a seat, the thought of having to take his own life crossed his mind... but, perhaps if they understood the situation, the eyes of the Aisu before him might change his mind.

"You have to understand boy, that, I did my best to keep the secrets of the country intact, those men in the next room are a mercenary group looking to expand their boarders, one I owed a considerable sum of money and favors to when I used to work in Suna as one of their members... This was a long time before you came into this world. I moved here legally with my wife, settled down as a farmer and lived off the land, and raised my family. But, when they looked to expand, they wanted to know the strength of the country, if it were possible to be a part of the society or live separately from it like they had in Sunagakure no Sato. I had tried to convince them to send an envoy, but, some of their members were known as lesser criminals from their deeds and could very well be punished by our new laws, they had threatened my family, so i changed the message routes to alert suspicion, trying to call for help, but, when they found out i had been sending them minimalist information, as well as misinformation, they sent three enforcers to take my wife and put pressure on my kids or finish me off...

But they didn't know that my wife had been killed in the Seven Bells war, save for my children they had not leverage, and my kids were enrolled in the ninja Academy, their disappearances would be noticed quickly, Kiri was also a lot stronger than they had expected, and than i had told them, making their escape from my house almost impossible if they committed the deed... we've been hostages here for the duration of their stay...  But as for honour, Seppuku means nothing to me, as we are not a noble family, honour is something ninja hold, or lords or samurai, not a farmer."

The man stared at the boy, and embraced his son, who looked at the ninja who had been sent though he was a genin himself, he was from another class than he was, the young Toriama narrowed his eyes at the boy while embracing his father tightly, as if contemplating some form of course of action which might come to pass if Sero attempted to attack his father, his eyes moved to a chest at the side of the room, a quick tell of a course of action, but little more...

Meanwhile, Aya pondered outside, it seemed that the man had tried his best to mask his information, not something that the ANBU had considered, the mindset of the ANBU was to judge and analyse the information, but, without this context, it could only be seen that he was sending information for quite some time to an enemy nation, which, it seemed the man had confessed to. Whether he sent volatile information, or lesser information was of no real consequence. With some of the minor information alone, some considerable damage could have been dealt to the patrols of Kirigakure if the men on the other end of the fence were skilled swordsman. But it seemed the farmer was more loyal than she had given him credit for being, though, she had suspected foul play of something like this... Her heart sank when she heard of his wife's death in the seven bells war. It was unfortunate, but only unfortunate things come out of war. The country was so much stronger now after it had happened, but, the cost to do it was still apparent in the eyes of Kirigakure's citizens.

The little quip about his honour was not lost on Aya either, honour was something which was usually only held by a noble house, so it seemed the ultimatum that Sero had given him was a little off, but, he was a Genin, mistakes were bound to be apparent. His punishment was fitting however, assuming the man had been guilty, but, it seemed that everything had become a little more complex than innocent and guilty. Past ties, debts, threats and mercenaries were a tidy bundle of skeletons to have hidden in his closet, but, the undeniable fact remains that he did give information to a potential enemy, and, at least by the book, that was treason. Aya was interested to see what Sero's interpretation would be, and if he would be able to follow it through if he did commit the man to death. This is where the law was important, life and death is important, the questions that aya would be asking herself would be 'is this man a further threat to the country? Is he guilty? Is there another punishment which could better serve him? Will the loss of this mans life create a ripple effect on the greater Kiri?'

Each of these was an important thing to consider, and, punishment could feasibly swing either way. Were it to Aya, she would likely punch him in the gut, with an ultimatum of what he should do should they return, set a trap, and eliminate the mercenary threat, thus solving the problem. But this was Sero's mission, and it was up to him to consider what was best, what would a Leader do in this scenario? What is the example that Sero wants to set for himself and what does he want to be known as throughout his life? Strength? Wisdom? Kindness? Each on their own were potent forces, but not something which every ninja in the world possessed...

And so the Mizukage waited for the result of the interrogation, thinking deeply to herself about how to intercept this should it perhaps go a little too far, Activating her sage mode, she could see within the chest the boy was looking to, his ninja academy gear. A dozen well made kunai and throwing stars, not to mention childs armour and a sword, all C rank, the sword was big enough to be a great-sword compared to the boy's body, but in reality it was no greater than a long broadsword. He was preparing to valiantly defend his father, that was something Aya admired greatly, should she have had the chance to defend her own father from his executioners, she would have done so gladly, but, at that age she was neither old enough, or even a ninja, she would have stood no chance to sway the tide of the battle, not against Seven Bells himself... ... ...

And so it was with a memory bathed in regret she remembered the day of her fathers' funeral, she remembered the harsh cold of the winter morning, she could feel the frost on her face, she could remember the screaming and crying of her mother as her proud father stood up on a pedestal as he awaited his public execution. These were the days of the village of the bloody mist. A time which she had tried her best to dispel with her rule as Kage. She remembered the hateful cries of the people who were jeering angrily at her father and what few of his coup had managed to survive the encounter with seven bells. Each of them were good men, like this boy, who did not want to see all that they loved burned to ash. Though, as Aya discovered that day, blood, and the ways of the bloody mist, meant nothing but to perpetuate the ways of hate, and destruction. Nothing was built in those days, other than the means for death and chaos. The village was not strong, or united, these feelings of love, and affection, and bonding, could not thrive in that world. And so she had tried to change it with all of herself.  

So she waited on sero's every move, ready to interject at a moments notice, ready to defend the life of the boys father, but only if the child was able to do what he must to defend him. This boy, his passion, might just be enough to save his father if he picked up his blade and FOUGHT!

WC: 7781 Perception C3 - A 4100/ 4100
Endurance C2 - B2 3990/2900.
1050 left over for training endurance in http://www.narutosaga.com/t11434p15-horizons-private-training-no-kill#121794.

Last edited by Ayakashi on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:19 am; edited 4 times in total

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero's gaze remained still. His expression never changed as he watched the man and his speech. He held his children conveniently close to him so it wasn't difficult to keep all of them in his sights at once. Academy students or no anyone capable of wielding a weapon or jutsu even poorly was a threat. He was well aware that he was in the presence of an ex-mercenary and two shinobi in training. He knew little to nothing of trust to begin with and his purely logical mind measured them all as full fledged threats unless proven otherwise. Regardless the temperature in the room was still low. He couldn't feel it but he could tell from the reactions of the children. The fact that he wasn't shivering himself was a two sided coin though. First it seemed to show ever more he was an Aisu. But shivering was also the bodies way of trying to generate heat. It didn't help a whole lot but the three of them huddled together and shivering would last longer physically without permanent damage then he would. So he needed to think quickly and decide. Before he needed a medic. Then again so long as he didn't get frostbite he would be fine.

Still Sero noticed the shifted gaze and hate filled stare of the young boy. He could see the rebellious idea's behind those eyes and for a moment he turned his head to look where the boy had looked. A chest of sorts in the corner. An odd thing to look at in the situation. Sero would of been looking for some sort of wea.....A weapons chest. So the little man thought he might slay the monster in their dining room. Sero returned his cold gaze to the family and matched gazes with the boy. Nothing in Sero's gaze suggested he would hesitate to remove the boys arm. He then began to speak as he pulled out a Kunai and used it to stir his tea. The tea itself was cold now and would soon freeze. But his words seemed colder then the room. His very presence seemed like the monster under the bed or in the closet had come out and was sitting before them. And his words seemed to carry a fair amount of weight. He was after all here for answers and while he had some answers he needed a solution. So he spoke of his idea openly.

"First of all Mr. Toriama I would hold your boy tightly. He has defiant eyes and I don't wish to be forced to cripple him before he even gets his head band. Do be sure he doesn't go for that chest in the corner or I will sever his spinal cord and he will never walk again. I don't deal well with attempts to combat me. As for your views on Seppuku, You said yourself you were with mercenaries once. Honor is not something you forget about or don't have. When you are dealing with me you best have some level of honor or be considered a rabid dog. Even as a farmer if I offer you the honor of restoring your family from the filth you have been dragged through you should not try and correct me. But lets say I have thought about your answer. Taking into consideration your attempts to keep what you were giving away minimal and trying to get caught one might just give you minimal punishment. But I am a very pay for your sins type of person. So here is what we are going to do. Your children are going to leave after you and I do. They are going to run for the village and tell the first shinobi with a kiri headband they see that there are foreign mercenaries bleeding out in your home. If they choose to mention me that is fine. But you, a team of mine and myself are going to go visit these mercenaries. You are going to lead us to them and once I teach them Kiri is not good for business. If you survive you will be allowed to return home. After all I am not an official shinobi. Just a patriot from the Aisu clan. However. If you try to run or try and betray me, I will send you home in little sandwich bags. This is the only chance you have to live. Does that sound fair to you?"

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
The man looked and weighed on each of the boy's words, and as the threats came down upon him he moved his son slowly and carefully back behind him making himself as a man-made barrier to protect the sire of his name from harm. Turning back to Sero and looking him in the eye and nodding along with his second ultimatum, it seemed that the goal was to attack the mercenary camp... which was something the father had hoped to avoid, but it was better than orphaning his child and leaving them on their own with another family. Mr Toriama stood up, looking over to the men which had fallen, moving over to one of their knocked out bodies, reaching in and pulling out one of the letters which he had sent to them with the information, on it was the destination of the message. Taking a step forward he would hold it out to the ninja before him in the hopes that it would be taken and considered.

I understand, I will accompany you to their camp, from there, I will help you in any way I can to assist you punishing these men, if it means that I have the chance to live here in peace finally with my dear family.

The aging farmers' eyes burned with determination as the younger child stoop up, giving a look up to his dad as if to say that he would also accompany his father in this venture. His father smiled and ruffled up the hair of the younger boy. Shaking his head in a silent act of denial, knowing that the danger that the mercenaries posed there would be too great for each of them. Some of them, although they had no knowledge of the chakra related arts of the shinobi, it did not mean that each of them were not well versed with a sword when push came to shove.

The camp is well guarded, the mercenaries have a couple dozen men there, as well as the leader and weapons. I don't think they've gotten any bigger since I last met with them, but they tend to haze out weaker or disobedient members quickly, which never meant they recruited many very quickly. If we head out now we should make it there by nightfall, I don't think they would expect us to come.

The man seemed more than happy to help, and Aya was proud of the course of action, Sero had by far taken the high road here, which, was something a real leader would do. The more difficult path was to deal with the source of the corruption, as a neighboring mercenary band which looked to expand its boarders was not a problem that was going to evaporate with the death of a single farmer. But, the problem of the single farmer would evaporate with the lack of the mercenary band which he was in the back pocket of... So, knowing full well it would take some time for them to arrive at the scene, Aya left at full speed to the nearest Jounin outpost, breaking into sprint speed and ducking and weaving through the trees to get to her destination. Minutes would pass and she would arrive, running full speed toward the tower and running up its surface at such a pace, she did not require to activate the supernatural walking practice jutsu to perform the deed.

At the top of the tower, several Jounin were assembled, looking stunned at the presence of their lord Mizukage, saluting, she ordered one of them immediately out of their clothing. Confused, the Jounin looked at his clothes before Aya folder her arms and waited. The shock and seriousness of the situation sunk in, leading the Jounin to strip rapidly, allowing Aya to take his clothes temporarily as well as a mask from one of the ANBU lockers. Stripping before them, she changed in the blink of an eye, too quick for the Jounin to get a proper bead on as she disguised herself, asking them to look after her clothes as she ran back to the destination in full attire... Upon arrival it would have been little more than ten minutes, she'd use this disguise to be able to help them should they need it, it was more than likely that Sero would not be able to take on the entire Mercenary camp on his own.

Over the last Ten minutes, the old farmer would have managed to ready himself for the journey, leaving his son with instructions in case he doesn't return, with a smile and a long, loving embrace, before finally standing up to accept the mission which lay before them. Nodding to Sero, he showed that he was ready, and with the Genin's permission to leave, he would exit the house, where, not so far away from them, the "Jounin" would be standing with her back to a tree, twiddling a kunai around her fingers. Cocking her head to a side quizzically at the egress of the duo, as if to wonder what was indeed going on.

"Ahoy!"

She spoke in her disguised voice, waving in a greeting so to keep her identity hidden.

"Cousin of mine, what's the mission? Need a hand?"

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero watched the man for a moment as he spoke. Cold, dead grey eyes revealing nothing of if he approved or disapproved of the response. Still with one pale hand he reached out and clasped the letter before glancing at it. Without even a twitch of an expression he pocketed the letter into his inner breast pocket. Which was surprising considering the t-shirt he was wearing typically didn't have one. Still he let the man speak and prepare himself. It appeared as if the man was willing to take Sero to these treacherous mercenary fools. That suited Sero just fine. After all he was more keen to elimination missions then the typical investigation missions. Still as the man prepared for the journey he eyed the children each in turn. The idea that their father would be returned to them had appeared to had the most desirable of effects. It had eliminated the hint of mutiny in their eyes. If anything now he suspected they would be far more compliant to his wishes then if he had forced their father to die with no alternatives. He was beginning to understand how subtlety and subterfuge had its values as well as the point of a blade. After all not everything had to be solved with blood being spilled.

Still he turned his head as the air still appeared to be cold. He could tell the unconscious men had stopped bleeding. The cold must have frozen the wounds closed. However with that in mind there was a chance of hypothermia setting in. Still the steam rising from their mouths with each breath indicated they did indeed still live. If not just a little bit of shallow breath to be noted. He would need to expedite things if he wanted to have subjects to question later. It was then that his radio had a moment of static. So Ayakashi had already begun to move. The static indicated she was already out of range. With that in mind Sero rose to his feet and turned to find the exit. After all the children had their instructions to run to the nearest shinobi. Upon hearing such a tale they would likely investigate the wounded individuals and stabilize them under guard. Interrogation would come at a later time. After all he couldn't be certain this farmer knew everything about the operation. If he was to be capable of putting all of his focus into killing this band of misfits instead of trying to leave one alive for answers he would be far more efficient. Still Sero was only a couple hundred yards from the home when he spoke to the old farmer leading the way again.

"To be clear you will not be participating in any combat. Once we have confirmed these mercenaries are the target you will be free to leave. I don't suspect that you have kept up with your combat abilities over all this time. You would more likely hinder my team then help us, as such I suspect you prefer the increased likelihood you might return to your family. I merely impressed the gravity of the situation back there so they might fully understand how important loyalty is as a Kiri shinobi. Mind you we will be watching to see if you slip up. But I suspect you will find peace when this is done."

With that said static happened in his ear piece again. So then Ayakashi was returning now. Whatever errand she had to run must of been a short one. Either way he had given the farmer a reasonable excuse to leave before the fighting started. His real reasoning of course was to maintain his cover as an Aisu. In the thick of combat he wouldn't be able to fight as an Osada which would limit him if he was still attempting to hide that fact from the man. With the man gone however he would be free to act as he wished. Still when an ANBU he didn't recognize approached Sero visibly stiffened. The Children couldn't of found a way to communicate what had happened yet. It was then that he heard the ANBU address him as cousin. Deductive reasoning suggested that with Ayakashi leaving com range and returning she had disguised herself. Now she appeared to be more along the male variety of ANBU. It was certainly a clever tactic. But he did have a way to confirm that she was in fact the individual before him. Though he had little doubt. He still stopped and looked to her with dead grey eyes. When he spoke it was as cold as ever.

"You reveal unnecessary things by greeting me as cousin. Should my activities be considered criminal then my family might now be investigated more thoroughly cousin. That aside we have an elimination mission. There are two goals here. Assess and eliminate a group of mercenaries seeking to act as terrorists within the Kiri borders. This gentleman is to be our guide. Did you bring my weapons?"

He had given a scroll with his weapons to Ayakashi earlier. If she produced it not then it would confirm to an almost indefinite amount that this person was in fact Ayakashi or working for her. He was rather satisfied with her ability to involve herself while disguised as a new member of this mission instead of an investigating one. She was truly impressive.

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Aya watched in an incandescent silence as the two exited the house, the stern-faced ninja Sero, and the resolute farmer with his head held high in pride, like a man performing his final act in an honorable debt. Approaching her, Sero called out for the fuuinjutsu inscribed paper which bound his weaponry. Smiling beneath her mask as she cocked her head coyly to one side, reaching into the pocket of her robes she reached out and handed to him what he sought, the inscribed paper talisman folded immaculately so not to be harmed by the friction of her movement held out to him with a slightly limp wrist, playful, and care-free as the masked ANBU giggled lightly behind the mask, showing a playful youth, one which even though was being acted out, was a refreshing change from Ayas usual persona, one which she felt like she enjoyed to take the reigns of, and perhaps should in her daily life more often... Aya listened to the stern words of her "cousin" as he berrated her about her use of language, his words came and fell on the deaf stubborn ears of her character as Aya shrugged and replied in kind:

"We have a large family, it's not like that cousin isn't a term that can't just be used affectionately ya'know. But fiiiiine if it makes you feel better. So, where's the destination. I'm surprised that ol' gramps over there is okay, he's not even missing a limb, so, I assume by what you've told me the course of action is that we're going after the sickness rather than the symptoms huh...? Great! I've been itching for a fight all day! Mind some backup against these terrorists of yours, even you might not be able to handle all of em Cuz-Oop, Sorry...~ "

She spoke, holding her hand over her mouth in apology as she scratched the back of her head in a rather nervous and somewhat comical manner. At this point, Aya was definitely having fun with Sero, intending to see him react to this kind of kunoichi, which was more than definitely something which existed within the younger patrons and special jounin which had finished their training. So, as a leader, he would more than definitely have to deal with people who acted as she acted now, though, perhaps a little less ditsy... or even a little more... Aya watched as the old farmer readied a horse, one of a few, which he offered to the other ninja should they wish to ride along-side him rather than keep up at a brisk run. Aya turned down the offer, preferring to run alongside and save the noble animal a trip. She looked to Sero, wondering if he would be able to keep up with a galloping horse on foot, in some ways, it was more than likely, with chakra Aya was certain that he could, but, the way might take a while, depending on where the Shinobi were stationed.

Aya would run along-side them as they headed off into the distance, the trip would take them to a far off village, barely populated on the coastline of Kiri which didn't even begin to appear on the maps they had in current circulation, which meant very quickly that this village would be in the cracks of their boarder patrols, no doubt because of the information they were sent from the farmer. The trip would have taken them some time, arriving at nightfall just as the last of the fishing ships would have come into port for the night before the next day. Aya would be hanging by, looking to the farmer for any information. She wasn't going to ask the questions, that was up to Sero, though she could think of a number of good points that should be asked before engaging a place like this. How many of them were they to expect? Weapons? Armour? Were they ninja trained opponents or samurai trained? How many of them are there..? There were a plethora and more of little things which a ninja would have to ask to be prepared when it came to an invasion like this.

"Here we go..."

The farmer spoke lightly in a hushed but audible whisper, lowering his voice so not to be heard on the wind by any watchful scouts.

"Doesn't look like much, but I can assure you this is a front, they'd be selling their catch to any neighboring towns for whatever supplies they need to get by, they're clever bastards, but under the merchant clothes of each of them I can assure you there will be steel of one kind or another... So, is there anything else you need me for, or, should I simply just get out of your way now?"

The farmer questioned, wondering if there was anything else Sero needed him for, or, if he had the means to begin his assault and raise hell at the current time. Within the village, by sight alone, there appeared to be at least two dozen people, of varying genders walking through the shanty town. no more than six large house like structures, one in particular larger than the others, which were vastly wider and larger in girth than the more modest living in the Kirigakure no Sato. Each house would more than likely rest several of the mercenary families, with an approximate capacity of another dozen in total which may not be able to be seen at the current time... Aya's eyes were already darting for objectives, picking her paths and deducing her own means of advance were she to enter by stealth, or a more direct route. She was watching the patterns of the eyes of those where she could, attempting to perceive blind-spots in the collective vision of the villagers. But one thing was for certain. Though their arms were large and their bodies were strong, they were far too fit for simple fisherman. Their bodies were trained, and their hands were rough like that of a blacksmiths from handling steel.

To the observant ninja, this was most definitely the place.

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero listened as Ayakashi responded with no more then a raised eyebrow. She was really pushing this new profile of individual on him. If anything he would define it as peppy. Regardless he had little time to grow impatient with the facade she was preforming. It was far from detrimental so priorities dictated it be ignored for the time being. He was in no position to chastise anyone for anything anyways. That aside so long as he just shrugged it off the farmer they were putting on the performance for would likely accept this was a common correspondence between them. Either way he wasn't much of one for such indirect matters. Instead he collected his scroll as confirmation it was indeed Aya he was dealing with. Somehow it brought forth a comfort to him. Even if the mission he was taking lead on turned ass end up and began to fail she could deal with it straight away. He didn't know if he was sensing the gravity of the situation or not but his grey eyes merely filled with a feint hint of determination. He pocketed his scroll for the time being before following the old man to the stable.

There the man offered them both horses. Ayakashi of course denied as such a journey was simple for her. Still as Sero stepped into the stables the horses began to panic. Only the one the man was holding hardly shifted held by its masters hand but it still balked at him. Its eyes wide as if the horse was looking at an obvious predator baring its fangs. Seeing the animals would be of little use to him Sero frowned and consented to just running nearby. Of course he didn't do so with out giving the old man a warning. A cold one at that. "Know this. If you try to escape because of some faith in the speed of your horse, know I can disable your horse easily before you get out of range. Even if you think you are out of range I can track you, the harder you make this on me the more likely I am to put a deep cut from ear to ear along your neck. Still I would like to believe you at your word. Don't disappoint me." And with that they were off towards the camp. The farm left behind them as they set off to war.

It was a journey but Sero was quiet. He didn't ask for information or for more intel on what they could expect. After all the man had merely been an information source according to him and a poor one at that. If anything the mans information could be old. If the group had evolved since his time with them then they may very well have new abilities. If the man stated they could not do something then their guard might be down when it did happen. Still as they arrived and night fell he looked up and took note of the rising darkness. The nightfall would do well to cover them as they approached. Still leaving the horse behind the farmer crawled up to the location keeping low. He spoke up about being sure this was the place and asked if he could be excused. Sero turned and eyed him a moment before nodding. The old man would only hamper his plans from that point forward. Still as the man left he returned his gaze to the setting stretched out before them. Studying it for a moment before he spoke in a hushed tone once more to Ayakashi.

"Alright if its still my plan we go with, here is what I propose. This is certainly an interesting scenario. Their homes are facing towards the water, This implies to me they are foreign. Any one from Kirigakure, especially a fisherman, knows that the cold rises from the water. Putting your homes back to the water protects a great deal more from the cold. The men here all have the look of being battle hardened and smell like booze and fish. Their eyes tell me they have killed before. Also how unlikely is it not a single child or pet is moving about the village? To top it off those sentries are actually positioned tactically and alert. This is no common fishing village. I only count a couple dozen out in the open however. Here is my plan. You move towards the back end of the village by the docks. Use the water there to create a massive wash of water to destroy the boats while using any sensory you might have to discover if the homes contain hostiles or not. While you do this be careful not to target the homes as they might hold hostages or slaves. I will move to the front of the base and set off a smoke grenade. This should split their forces and draw out the men in the homes. Treat all hostiles with extreme prejudice but stick to the shadows and the mist. I will take out the sentries following the same principles. This will lead them to the belief they are being attacked by much larger numbers then they are. Only once they are all wiped out do we meet up again. Clear?"

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Aya nodded as she watched the farmer ride off into the distance as the two of them surveyed the area together, listening carefully to the plan and reasoning which Sero had to talk about. The first thing he noted was the deduction that the settlers here were foreign, which was dead on. The Shanty town here seemed to have been built in haste, and without some of the most basic rules for building shelter on the islands, which almost any resident of the islands would know should they have been consulted. Such a Minor detail Also, Aya was somewhat impressed at Sero's deductive capabilities already. He then moved on to note that the look of their eyes was hard, stone like, and stalwart, like the eyes and builds of warriors, which Aya too would nod solemnly in agreement with. But picking out the vast lack of pets or animals was a second clever deduction, though as it was bordering the cold of night, it was within some reason that the children could have been called in by their parents for the evening as the sun had just began to finish setting on the horizon, the final few desperate strands of crimson and gold struggling on the precipice of the ocean before them... Aya waited for her instructions, and it seemed she would be performing the role of scout and saboteur first and foremost. She was to circle around the camp and remove any chance of their escape over the ocean while scouting the homes for additional men or hostages. Without arguing, she confirmed her orders.

"Rotate to back, route their escape, scout heavy and engage under the cover of obscurity. Understood."

And with that, the ninja was gone, faster than Sero would be able to possibly perceive in full, she dashed around the outside of the camp at her maximum speed, still clinging to the line of trees as she did so, before plunging into the sea water at the side of the beach. From the shore, within the depths of the water, Aya used her colossal strength and speed to swim swiftly beneath the surface of the shore, only raising for air underneath the fishing wharf where it would be impossible to be seen, yet she could see the cottages perfectly from between the planks which constructed the jetty. She could spy women and children within the homes, some seemed more battle hardened than others, and the children seemed innocent enough. She only hoped that the attack would be able to distinguish the good from the bad. With the aura of smoke, it would become difficult...

But as it came to the time for destruction, there, from her location in the water, her plan was rather simple, she would have to create enough force to make a wave strong enough to crush the flimsy wooden fishing boats. A feat perhaps only possible through chakra enhanced strength. So, focusing inward on the power within her body, she waited for the initial impact of the smoke grenade before she would begin to make her attack. As soon as the smoke rose, she meditated inwardly, felt the chakra flow through her body as she kicked off one of the wooden poles, snapping it in half instantly with the force of her movement. Spinning, Aya let out a single round house kick coupled with the B rank technique, a strength which was capable enough to leave craters in bedrock was unleashed on the sea water, creating a wave of force that completely flooded or tore apart each and every fishing vessel within her range.

Swimming down she kicked off the coarse sandy bottom of the sea and rose to the surface level on the shattered wharf, looking into the panicking township through the effects of her mask, and attempted to distinguish the good from the others, as men and women alike ran for blades, bows, and armour in a rush, knowing that they seemed to be under attack... Darting forward, Aya began to engage them, meeting the first of the men grasping for his sword with a single punch to the ribs, as easily, like breaking a match stick, aya could hear the snap from his bones as fractures splinted within him, a scream beginning to leave his lips as the Mizukage moved fast enough that in comparison the droplets of sapphire sea water glistening in the final rays of the sun and clouded by smoke, were moving in slow motion in comparison.

Too easy...

She spoke to herself as she ducked a crossbow bolt spinning towards its owner lagging her armoured hand out behind her, catching the bolt at its side as it flew past, but not quite out of reach, and throwing the bolt like a playing dart toward the leg of the man who had cast it, scoring him in the high and dropping him to the ground in surprise before he was able to knock another arrow.... A man with a sword came at Aya from the side, swinging it blindly through the smoke as Aya rose her other hand in defense, throwing a powerful kick for his side, catching him off guard as his sword met the steel which surrounded Aya's hand, sending sparks flying off of it in every direction before she gripped the blade and forced it to guard against another incoming attack from the opposite direction, clashing them together, she threw her first opponent by his sword into the other allowing them to topple to the ground while not really injuring the second aggressor at all...

Drawing her own Shuriken, she eyed up several of the ninja around, throwing 5 in a single arc, aiming for the legs of 4 different opponents, scoring hits on 3, and only 2 of which were toppled by the attack, the third of which was hit, more than able to tank the damage to the side of his knee and continue to move freely without inhibition. Aya grimmaced a little, charging him head first in the shadow of the smog. The man bought a saber for the side of her head, Aya whipping her hand up to guard against the attack as once again sparks flew off the steel covered hands of hers as she continued, throwing her body-weight up in a knee for his head, but instead of connecting, she continued to hold the mans sword, wrapped her knee over her head and swung her lower body down, forcing the man into a roll by his head and neck whether he wanted to or not. With the leg lock in place, she slid the hand on his sword to his wrist, and hyper extended his shoulder against her thigh, hearing the pop as it dislocated at the slightest of efforts allowing Aya to roll back.

She needed to tell Sero that there were innocents among those in the smoke!

Hopefully finished with the sentries, Aya looked for Sero among the fighting, pushing through and incapacitating those in her way, men and women alike, making sure not to assault the few innocent screaming and running for their lives. Not being able to find him directly through the warzone she called out: "Be weary of the women and children, not every patron here is a fighter!" But such a display put men on her instantly, and 5 came down on Aya like a tonne of bricks, swords, axes and a spear attacked from different angles. Somersaulting back towards one of her opponents she gripped the handle of the spear, kicking off the ground and flipping over the opponent to put him between her, and Aya's other opponents, twisting in such a manner it would have been impossible to maintain his grip on the weapon as she spun like a rotating tornado before landing on the ground.

Stepping forward and knocking the once spear-mans ankle out from under him before he could react, she stepped in, throwing a second downward blow for his neck, choking him and snapping the spear in two with the force of the blow. Using the now broken spear, she stepped in spinning intot he strike of her next opponent, getting in close as she blocked his Axe with the poke of the snapped spear, grabbing his weapon hand and twisting his wrist forcing him down. Rotating and rolling over his back, shoulder to shoulder, the mans' fingers snapped, forcing his release of the Axe to Aya giving her a second weapon... Not stopping her spin, she would throw the spear as she dismounted the man into the chests of one of the swordsman, and throw the axe blunt side first for the other swordsman, leaving the single axe man remaining...

Takking a swing for her at head height Aya stepped back, leaning backward to duck the strike before back-flipping to avoid the second swing for her knees, collecting the mans' chin with her foot in a kick as she did so, wrenching his neck backward and dislodging his jaw, ending her skirmish with the five. Smirking.

At least they gave it their all.

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Ayakashi understood her orders and summed it up for him. He felt that was a nice element about her. His explanation had been a little too long winded for comfort. When she summed it up so efficiently he grew a little in respect for her. He didn't like wasted movements or words. Everything had an order to it and it simply took to much effort to bypass that order. He nodded as she seemed to slip off into nothingness again and looked after her with his cold grey eyes. Any closer and they would begin to sense his Aura. He knew this but it suited him just fine. Sensing something dangerous was nearby didn't pinpoint him out. It was spread out considerably. Still complete stealth was out of the question. It didn't matter though as he was the distraction. She would wreak havoc and survey the situation while he just had to silence some guards. It felt a bit like a game. No, more then a game. A hunt was on and Ayakashi and himself were the predators. With that thought in mind he began to slink forward slipping off the place they had been observing from and almost slithering along the ground towards his objective.

He could tell they could sense him now. Eyes seemed to peer into the darkness as if looking for something out there. They were alert but he could see something else in their eyes. Fear, such a powerful force. These men were too used to fighting what they could see. Placing something out there they couldn't openly attack spread fear through them like wild fire. He would of smiled if it brought him any amount of satisfaction. However he was accustomed to this. Fear filled the air as thick as the nights mist setting in and he moved with it as if it was a part of him. Slipping into the fog and fading from existence. The torch light along the main path seemed to keep the fog at bay though. It mattered not anyway. From deep within the thick grey mist a single object sailed out before bouncing along the ground between the two sentries. Even as they looked down it went off with a loud Pop noise. Smoke began to fill the air and even as it did he hear the mighty sound of the docks being crushed. The timing was perfect. Everything was beautiful working with a Kage.

Still Sero wasted no time. The smoke blinded the two sentries and Sero cleared the gap at a fast run. He had wrapped his headband around his mouth and was using it as a filter. However he could hear the two men based on their coughing. While his grey outfit blended in with the smoke as it had the mist he slipped up next to the first one as little more then a Shadow. In one movement he drew his Katana and sliced up the mans neck. Such a simple weapon didn't cut deep but it cut off his coffing as his neck split open. Blood sprayed out on the torch next to him snuffing it out but Sero was already moving passed him as he fell and with his hands gripping the hilt tight surged forward at the other target. Even as his target grabbed his spear to prepare for combat the point of the Katana jammed straight into the mans right eye. He too stopped moving as he died quickly. With a well placed kick Sero knocked the man off his blade and into the other torch plunging him into complete darkness. He noted that next time he should leave one eye closed. Now he needed time to adjust his vision.

Still he swished his sword spraying blood on the path before sheathing it. He had other guards to handle. Three more were out there on the perimeter. Spread out a little as they were he had an idea of which direction to move in. Still he suddenly heard Ayakashi call out to him through the sounds of battle where he had sent her. It was dulled but he heard enough of it. He was to be wary of possible friendlies. Still he looked away from her towards the other scouts direction as he heard them calling out. They were armed with crossbows. But now he had their location. They were marked for death even as they spoke out. Sero knew they would be aiming for Ayakashi now after that call out. The headset would of worked just fine. But overlooked things happened. Still Sero picked up the spear the second man he had killed held in his dead hands and pulled it free. With that he was on the hunt again. The Prey was getting ahead of themselves looking for only one target. He would show them the error in that mindset.

With a leap her cleared the pathway and crouched low running towards the voices. Even as he drew closer he knew he had found all three scouts barely spread out. Did their security really allow for such failures? Either way he had come to them instead of slipping into the obvious openings anyway. Sure his partner could of handled three individuals with crossbows but they were his objective anyway. As he passed a tree he saw them aiming into the smoke and mist searching for a target. However none of them looked to him as he approached at a decent speed. With a throw he chucked his spear into the side of the first man. The point slamming home as Sero slammed into him. One hand grabbed the spear and jerked it to loosen the individuals grip on his crossbow. In response Sero's free hand grabbed it even as he used the still alive individual to take two bolts to the chest for him. The other two had been alerted due to proximity. Careful to aim at the one closer so as not to miss he fired the now dead mans crossbow straight into the second targets heart. Both men were now dead. But the last was about done reloading. Sero yanked on the spear out of the dead man only to hear a crack as the spear head broke off. Now he had more of a quarter staff.

The last one took aim even as Sero hefted up the quarter staff and as the man pulled the trigger Sero spun the staff. With a thud the bolt slammed into the wooden shaft right about eye level. Had it not then Sero would of likely been missing his right Eye. Still the archer had lost his one shot. Sero spun to create some extra force before bringing the quarter staff down across the side of the mans left knee with a loud crack and a scream as he broke the mans knee. Following up Sero turned the staff and jabbed it into the mans throat to crush his wind pipe. The Scouts were handled now. He should meet up with Ayakashi. He turned to look only to see that she had dealt with the rest of the obvious attackers on her own. He saw no one fleeing so quickly he hopped down and moved towards Ayakashi as the smoke began to clear. His grey clothes soaked in blood not his own mostly on the arms. His grey eyes looked to her as he bowed his head and pulled his headband from his mouth.

"The scouts have been dispatched. One might still be alive for interrogation but I disabled his ability to flee more then a couple hundred yards. A good leader should know when to ask for advise. My thoughts are we should release anyone not holding a weapon but keep them under supervision for a while. Your thoughts Ma'am?"

-3000 for sub spec training
1207 remaining
1500/1500 Bojutsu
1500/1500 Sojutsu

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Aya in the midst of the base was holding back those who charged inward, while Sero dispatched any that attempted to escape. It was already apparent to the ones who had gone for the boards among the smog, that there would be no escape for any of them, so, without anything to lose, they each turned and looked to re-enter the battle, Aya had already removed seven of the attackers, with a few more to go, she looked at the reinforcements with a complacent look, the wonderful thing about this, was, that, disguised in the visage of an ANBU uniform, if there were to be any of them to escape, they would fear the Kiri ANBU so much, that there was no way any of them would risk returning, fearing that every ANBU in the known country would be as powerful as Ayakashi... which was a terrifying thought to behold. So, drawing changeling and whipping it around her body, Aya drew the first of her arrows, feeling the feather stroke along between her fingers as she pulled it taught on the high pound longbow, she spared a glance to Sero who seemed to be handling the scouts well enough. Another half a dozen looked to be attacking Ayakashi this time, she smiled, looking to each of them in turn as they positioned themselves. Four to the front and sides and two at the back, Aya was surrounded, but, it was good enough, she knew herself that each and every one of them already had their death warrants signed when they chose to face off against her. Wielding a wide variety of weapons, she could hear the stretch of a crossbow behind her, two men wish swords and shields, two men with Chinese glaives, and the final with a pair of swords... no doubt he had left his shield at home in a hurry to fight.

Aya heard the release of the crossbow behind her as she span, catching the bolt in her peripheral vision as she turned, pulling the arrow tight against the bow string she let it out for one of the ninja around her, crashing into the shield of one of the bearers, the man toppled backwards with the force of the blow. Reaching out her free arrow arm, Aya swiped at the crossbow arrow as it flew through the sky as she continued to spin. The men took that as the chance to attack, each and every one of them deciding to do so all at once, to give the ANBU no quarter. But, unknown to them, she had reloaded her grip with the bold from the crossbow man. Rounding off her spin, she would aim for the man who had the least ability to dodge, the full cocked arrow launching like a rocket for the soldier with his twin swords, hitting him square in the chest and toppling him backwards. Aya had no more time to think about her actions as those who were more competent in Melee were upon her. Slashing, Stabbing, Swinging and Hacking with their weapons in an awesome flurry and attempt to crash down on her like a tidal wave. Though they did not know with whom they were dealing.

Aya Kicked out for one of the shield bearers, launching hin backwards and over leaving 3 men for Aya to deal with in close Range combat. Spinning to a side, she knocked off the first thrust of one of the glaives, catching it in between her bowstring and the pole, twisting her wrist to clasp then tight, she overpowered the wielder, forcing him to lift the weapon in to block the second of the Glaives. The first swordsman ducking as he attacked for Aya's legs. Aya vaulted the man, attempting to drive a kick for his head, though she met his shield, breaking his guard with the blow instead. While in midair she drew another four of her arrows from her quiver, landing on her feet on the other side of the Glaive men, running her fingers across the bowstring and pulling back a blow, aiming over top of the Glaives as they pulled back to retrieve their weapons, putting the arrow in the undefended shield and sword-man she had stunned backwards. By know, the first kick victim had gotten back up, and the two glaive wielders were about to get creative.

Dodging to a side as she heard the groan of a rope, a second crossbow bolt flew past Aya as stepped spinning and ducking a high strike from the Glaive, striking at the man with the shaft of the bow, meeting his Glaive as the man defended. Aya used the push back from the connection to propel her bow across to guard the high strike from the other Glaive, hitting it hard enough to parry the weapon off. Lifting a leg to avoid a low swing, Aya span, letting out a roundhouse kick to catch the pikeman off guard, blocking, he was lurched to a side and taken off his footing. Arrows in hand, not it was Aya's Chance to strike, keeping an eye on the crossbowman, Aya needed to prepare this attack well, thinking of her moves six in advance constantly, she plotted out her movements between her opponents by anticipating the most common reactions for fighters of their level. Ducking the blow from behind as she had kicked the pole-arm and the man using it to a side, Aya span, letting out a leg and kicking out the footing of the second pike-man, Toppling him to a side as Aya cocked an arrow, rounding off her spin she leveled her shot up with the mans' neck and fired, executing him as he hung horizontally in the air. From here, Aya was nothing but a spinning typhoon. Not stopping her spin she advanced on the swordsman by a step, held out her bow and blocked his strike to the side, firing directly at him up the under of his arm as he struck, an area he could not possibly guard with a kite-shield.

As the man recoiled, Aya took a running step in, kicking off his chest still spinning and vaulting over him, cocking another arrow and firing it into the back of his neck...

There was another release, and Aya had timed herself, after landing on the ground, the archer had attempted to intercept her landing with a well timed shot. Holding out her steel hand once again, Aya Caught the arrow, knocked it and turned it on the final melee attacker as he had recovered himself, Firing the bolt low, tearing through his leg, dropping him to the ground as Aya completed her final spin, loading the bow and basically closing her eyes as the Crossbowman attempted desperately to reload his crossbow once again. But too late, as Aya's final arrow let fly, scoring the scared man in the eye and dropping him like he was nothing. These men could not keep up with Aya, it was a simple fact, and with the 6 dealt with here, there was no-one left to fight. Aya approached the man she had shot in the leg, and with a single, calculated blow, she knocked him out cold, leaving one of them alive from her front also, whether it be to interrogate him later, or to let him live to send the message. It mattered not.

It seemed not long after her second skirmish, Sero had finished, approaching and asking for guidance when it came to their next course of action. Aya nodded when it came to his suggestion, a wise leader sought the council of those who would potentially make better ideas, or have greater knowledge, it was true, though, in such societies that could breed contempt, and an over-reliance on those who are wiser than you... rather than grow your own wisdom. Sero proposed a course of action that seemed sound, allow the villagers to live under supervision in Kirigakure, if that is where they wish to stay, allow them to work for their keep and live happily, though under the watchful eye of Chuunin for some small amount of time, to ensure that they do not act as spies within the community.

Your reasoning is sound Sero, I would not doubt it as the right course of action, I will attain Chuunin to keep a watch on they under the supervision of a member of the ANBU corps. That should be more than enough to handle them if anything goes wrong, and if it doesn't they will hopefully not seek revenge for their captors. But, should they, they will be met with the watchers.

Aya liked the sound of the plan, and began giving the people their ultimatum, to move to the town one over, in order to live peacefully.

"You did well today sero, you're getting a lot better. I wont lie, you have some way to go... But we'll get there in the end."

She said, looking at him hopefully, looking over the work they had done, it seemed as though it had been finished here. It was finally time to go home.

[Exit Thread]

[5021 words, Training Endurance SS -> SS-1. ]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.