You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Farm [D-ranked mission] private Empty Farm [D-ranked mission] private Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:53 pm

Uchiha Masaaki

Uchiha Masaaki

D-rank
Mission name: Old Mcdonald had a farm...ye ai oh
Mission rank: D
Objective: Help the farm
Reward: 70 ryo
Mission description: A farm(s) needs help on getting things back together, so help them manage the daily task as well as repair.
Mission details: When you get there you will either come across the farmer or the farmer will find you, the farm’s problems are up to you. Was it harmed by a storm? Attacked by bandits weeks ago? Or just your usual funding issues? You can decide to help repair and do the daily chores on the farm and decide the outcome of the farm.

Spoiler:

The uchiha without hearing hung around on the outskirts of Konoha, the farm is just located beyond the Naka river.

He is currently leaning against a tree as he overlooked the state of the farm that he has been assigned to. From the distance, he can see the sun rising like a tired eyelid, the crack of dawn. ‘Could be worst.’ Pondered the youngster as he reasoned on why he got a particularly unexciting mission, his father said nothing as he told him of this D-ranked mission but he already knew that his father was disappointed in him. Uchiha Masaaki's age shouldn't be getting D-ranked missions but Masaaki has reassured himself that the better he gets, the better the mission.

He inspected the farm like a hawk, he can see the roof has rusted away, the remnants of a long battle with the bandits that roams these lands, and apparently the terrorizing has got so bad that many of the villagers have left to seek help or release from the hassle. As a result, the economy in the village gone down, the life flickering away to leave only an aged farm inhibited by a stubborn old man. He can spot with his keen eyes that the farm likely haven’t seen a harvest in a long time now. In other words, it is only one haystack away from collapsing. He might not be able to change anything permanently, but he can help.

Masaaki’s attention was distracted as he saw the slightest movement of the leaves and then the shadow of some entity approaching him.

WC: 269 words

2Farm [D-ranked mission] private Empty Re: Farm [D-ranked mission] private Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Uchiha Masaaki

Uchiha Masaaki

D-rank
The genin considered the positives of this mission, he’ll learn to farm, repair and other things and he should be graceful, it took him years to finally get into academy so what if they refused to give him a mission just because of his hearing? Plus he’ll be helping already struggling farmers and boost the morale of what left of the village here, the boys eyes narrowed as he made out wha the shadow is...a tri-coloured dog with chocolate brown eyes barking furiously and growling at what the dog perceived to be an intruder. Masaaki threw his arms up, as he doesn’t want to get mauled nor does he want to hurt a dog. Luckily, the mission client showed up and whistled, commanding the dog to hurry back to him and the dog instantly stopped and rushed back to his master’s heels.

Masaaki noticed the old man, an unkempt gray beard and kind eyes that seem to hint at wisdom. The unnamed old man expressed a smile to the young child before him and beckons to him. “Greetings young man, don’t mind Maisie. She is a protective ol’ gal, especially for me and me farm.” explained the old man as he stroked Maisie’s brown locks. Masaaki stopped leaning against the tree and waved before gliding over, he cleared his voice and quite politely went on to say “Hello sir, I am Uchiha Masaaki, I will be assisting you with your farm.” The old man raise an eyebrow “Uchiha Masaaki? Dako's kid?” Masaaki felt his heart drop but he could only let his eyes harden “Yes sir.” Replied the boy, the old man stroked his beard once more as if quite intrigued. “I see, well don’t worry lad. I don’t do prejudice.” Reassured the old man. Masaaki lets out a relieved sigh, glad that he will not face issues. “So you’re the kid they’ve sent me to give me a hand with the farm hm?” said the farmer as he smiled at the child. Masaaki grinned and nodded in return “That is correct sir, what do you want me to do first?” inquired the boy, Mcdonald chuckled, amused by the boy’s willingness. “Well, follow me lad.” Commanded the old man as he gestured to the deaf boy to follow him as he began to walk back down from the hill towards the farm, the konoha nin behind him.

WC: 411 words

3Farm [D-ranked mission] private Empty Re: Farm [D-ranked mission] private Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:19 pm

Uchiha Masaaki

Uchiha Masaaki

D-rank
After reaching the farm, the old man stopped and turned around and gestured to the sheep. Only about a handful left Masaaki noticed. He also noticed some of the fence is broken, most likely from wolves or bastard bandits. “First Masaaki-kun, I want you to herd my sheep back in, fix the fence, fix new shoes on my horses, feed the pegs and then plant crops. Think you can handle that Kiddo?” explained the old man, he received a nod and a cheerful smile from the snow-haired child. McDonald shook his head in mild amusement “My children has left the nest, and I can’t afford a farm hand plus I’m getting on a bit in age.” Said the farmer and then he tapped the ground with his walking stick. “This land is wounded kid, decades of bandits and war has ravaged it, and reduced to rumbles...I do hope it will change.” muttered the old man. And privately, Masaaki hopes so too.

Masaaki got to work on herding the sheep, which frankly was easier said than done. “Damn! Come back here you wooly twats!” shouted the fledgling as he changed after the white blobs of sheep in the distance, the farmer’s dog close behind his heels and barking sharply at the sheep, quite easily managing to herd them. After much backwards and forwards, the sheep was finally rounded up and herded back into the pen.

Next was pouring out the food for the pigs, and as Masaaki poured out the bucket of all kinds of fruit and vegetables, Masaaki could only turn his nose up at the smell. Which reeked of all manners of disgusting, Masaaki was even compelled to vomit at the mere sight of the pigs’ food. “They eat this? Jesus.” exclaimed the genin as he finished pouring out the leftover food of tulip, grass, roots and fruit. The old man merely chewed on his straw as he watched with interest. “Aye, pigs are foragers after all. They don’t let anything go to waste. Which went in very handy whenever my children would be fussy about eating back when they were children.” said the old man thoughtfully, a smile on his face towards fonder days.

WC: 373

4Farm [D-ranked mission] private Empty Re: Farm [D-ranked mission] private Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:30 pm

Uchiha Masaaki

Uchiha Masaaki

D-rank
Third job of the day was to give new shoes for the horses, Masaaki has to be especially careful on this one since he does not desire to burn himself or earn a kick in the face by a horse. With the old man’s written instructions, Masaaki managed to complete this task. All that was left was the crops and repair work.

A smile extended across Masaaki’s face as he wiped the sweat off his brow, despite the fact it wasn't really what he would call a mission, it was definitely rewarding to do hard work. A hammer in his hand and nails in his mouth he rose to his feet and observed his handy work from the roof. The fences and the roof are now fixed; the farmer won’t have to fuss over flooding now. “Alright, what’s next?” before he could get an answer, the old man tossed him a bag of seeds. “Go and plant these seeds lad.” Said the old man, the deaf child looked inside the bag and was rather surprised at the amount of seeds. “Woah.” Exclaimed Masaaki, the elderly chuckles once again “Hop to it lad, only hours before the sun sets!” Masaaki nodded and dashed off, planting each seed as he went. He growled in irritation at the amount of seeds he have to plant, so to save time he stabbed a hole in the bag and just ran across the field, letting the seeds fall into their soil on their own. Once that was done, breathlessly the child shouted that he was finished. The old man nodded in approval.

The genin, sweating and perspiring now, walked back to the farmer. An empty bag in his hands. The farmer stroked his beard and watched the well-mannered boy in front of him. “Well done laddie, now sprinkle water on all of them.” Masaaki nodded and took the hose and made his way to the center, where he spun himself around squirting water everywhere until he got dizzy. After that task was done, he earned himself a compliment slap on the back from the farm. “Well done lad! Farm work done for the day!” congratulated the farmer, very impressed that Masaaki haven’t complained once. He motioned his hand towards his house “Do you fancy some of my wife’s home-made soup? As a token of my appreciation?” asked the farmer, and Masaaki only returned a broad smile and accepted and then the two made their way into the farmer’s house where Sakumo ate the reward for his hard work.

It would only be weeks later that Masaak would learn that the farm is flourishing now, the corns have harvested wonderfully and the farm’s supply and demand of food and money has increased, villagers has returned over time and it appears the bandit attacks have decreased. The village even earned enough money to repair their temple however, ultimately the farm still have ways to go to truly recover but that what time does.

WC: 507
FINAL WC: 1187

[Mission end, exit

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.