1Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Yanagi Clan Revamp Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:10 pm

Cazan

Cazan

D-rank
Yanagi Clan Revamp YanagiSymbol_zps83f688aa.jpg

Clan: Yanagi

Kekkei Genkai: Shinsai

Elements: Doton

Specialization: Taijutsu (Primary), Ninjutsu (Secondary)

Clan History: The Yanagi clan has only been around for a very short period of time, originally founded by Cho Yanagi. Since it’s dawning the clan has been known for their earth affiliation, something every member of the clan is born with. It is said that this is what caused every member to be born with what looks to be an upside down mountain on their left cheek right below their eye; though others claim it’s a plateau of sorts that’s been ripped up from the ground which is something the founder was said to be famous for doing in his anger. They’re known for their teachings of taijutsu to the young, along with their sometimes intense and dangerous training exercises.
The Yanagi clan is a very private one, tending to keep to their own people and their own teachings. Because of this, inbreeding can sometimes occur, causing deformities; the most common being blindness. It is said that one in every two Yanagi are either born blind or become blind at some point in their lifetime, and because of this the clan has molded and created their own jutsu to compensate, along with rigorous sensory training so that when one sense goes another can pick up where the failed one left off.
Another consequence of this lack of socializing is little is known about them other than what seems to show up within the children they turn out to the Academy. It also means that their name is not well known, something that causes infighting a lot of the time as the clan seems to be divided down the middle between wanting to maintain secrecy or not.
Some of this infighting has caused small civil wars to break out, one in which, the most recent, caused the slaughter of the current clan head. After realizing the great tragedy that this caused, and after days worth of council meetings it was decided that the war was to stop at once, the murderer was to be punished via death, and the clan heads next of kin was to become leader until an appropriate replacement was found or that leader proved to be good enough to continue to hold the position. And so it was decided that Marquetta Yanagi was to become the next Yanagi Leader.

Kekkei Genkai Description: Given that most of the Yanagi members are either born blind or become so shortly thereafter each and every member is born with the ability to ‘feel’ the movement of others through their feet. The range of this ability can be anywhere from as short as 25 feet to trained as wide as 400 feet. It’s simply feeling the tremors and or tiny vibrations that are caused when someone is travelling across the ground..
D Rank Ninja- 15 Meters Sensory Range
C Rank Ninja- 25 Meters Sensory Range
B Rank Ninja- 40 Meters Sensory range
A Rank Ninja- 100 Meters Sensory Range
S Rank Ninja- 150 Meters Sensory Range
SS Rank Ninja-300 Meters Sensory Range

Drawbacks: The user must be barefoot. The bottom of the feet are the most sensitive area, indicated by small black swirls present on every member's feet. Another issue is the fact that it can be duped if the person they’re sensing were to leave the ground (i.e going up into a tree or flying).
Since the members of this clan utilize Doton Chakra so often they are only able to learn a third element at Jonin and never a fourth.
Members of this clan are unable to take Genjutsu as a spec. Due to the Clans specialization with Taijutsu.
Members of this Clan must take "'Blind'' Drawback without balancing it with a positive trait.

Members: Yanagi, Marquetta

Kekkei Genkai Jutsu:
Clan Jutsu:

Last edited by Cazan on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:39 am; edited 9 times in total

2Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:12 am

Cazan

Cazan

D-rank
Bump for revamp

3Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Gi

Gi

D-rank
DUe to this being a passive sensory ability it requires greater drawbacks. A good chunk more actually. Also for the sensory range please set the range. How is the range actually determined if ti is between 15 and 45. Is it based on their ninja rank, or something else?

4Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:04 pm

Cazan

Cazan

D-rank
it has drawbacks...the members of the clan are blind, and i belive its really just off of choice not rank...but the drawbcks and wahtnot were already approved, all i changed was the +1 to taijutsu damge and the two extra drawbacks

5Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:55 pm

Gi

Gi

D-rank
Under the new system that is how it stands. All of the newer clans have have passive sensory abilitys have more of a drawback to them. You are able to preceive the world around in a way that people arn't able to deal with normaly.

Also I thought you were simply rebalancing it to fit the newer rules, not just adding something to it that would make it more suited to your purposes(IE the +1 to power) which is not allowed.

Sorry but this is denied

6Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:16 pm

Cazan

Cazan

D-rank
ok, may i just fix he unfinshd Kazan jutsu and that is it...that was all i was originally going to do because tehe tKaan jutsu didnt have any damage though it was an offensive jutsu

7Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Gi

Gi

D-rank
If you want you are more than welcome to bring the clan upto date, exspecial now that the jutsu rules are more defined. Or if you want I can bring it up to staff to revamp(one day).

8Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Cazan

Cazan

D-rank
i added more drawbacks and took the silly +1 away (didnt know why i was doing so XD) and finished the Kazan Jutsu

9Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Gi

Gi

D-rank
Please detail what determines the distance of this sensory range, and include many drawbacks besides just need to touch the ground.
(noticed you removed the blind part. I personally think that was a key part of the clan, and would like to see it restored)

10Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:05 am

Daremo

S-rank

Given that most of the Yanagi members are either born blind or become so shortly thereafter each and every member is born with the ability to ‘feel’ the movement of others through their feet. The range of this ability can be anywhere from as short as 25 feet to trained as wide as 400 feet. It’s simply feeling the tremors and or tiny vibrations that are caused when someone is travelling across the ground..
D Rank Ninja- 25 Feet Sensory Range
C Rank Ninja- 50 Feet Sensory Range
B Rank Ninja- 100 Feet Sensory range
A Rank Ninja- 200 Feet Sensory Range
S Rank Ninja- 300 Feet Sensory Range

Convert this to meters.

Name: Kazan
Canon/Custom: Custom
Type: Offensive
Element: Doton
Range: Mid - Far
Specialty: Taijutsu
Duration: 1 Posts
Cooldown: 3 Posts
Description: By ‘grabbing’ onto the earth by placing your hand palm down towards the ground (not touching it) closing your fingers and moving your hand upwards you raise a chunk of the earth up that when combined with taijutsu can be kicked and or punched at your opponent. This also works for boulders or other rocks lying around the area.
The higher the rank the larger of a piece of the earth you can move and project towards your opponent.
D~The boulder they create can be up to 5 ft by 5 feet orbs or a small rectangle of the same dimensions. The boulder upon contact can cause mild to medium bruising.
C~The boulder they create can be up to 8 ft by 8 feet orbs or a small rectangle of the same dimensions. The boulder upon contact can cause Severe bruising.
B~The boulder they create can be up to 12 ft by 12 feet orbs or a small rectangle of the same dimensions. The boulder upon contact can cause bone fractures to broken bones.
A~The boulder they create can be up to 20 ft by 20 feet orbs or a small rectangle of the same dimensions. The boulder upon contact can cause Broken bones and internal bleeding.
S~The boulder they create can be up to 30 ft by 30 feet orbs or a small rectangle of the same dimensions. The boulder upon contact can cause Broken bones and able to completely crush a human

Mid - Far is vague, give me a defined range in meters. Also specify the speed for hurled rock.

Name: Earth Meld
Canon/Custom: Custom
Type: Supplementary, Defensive
Element: Doton
Range: Close
Specialty: /
Duration: 2-6 Posts
Cooldown: 5 Posts
Description: It’s the process of becoming one with the earth. By kneeling down and placing both hands, fingers spread, upon the ground you can mold yourself to become one with the earth, disappearing entirely within it.
At higher levels, B and above, you can even begin to move yourself while still remaining beneath the ground (up to 50 meters without having to resurface).
The length of time you’re capable of being underground depends on the rank, the lower the rank the less time you have within the ground before difficulties (i.e breathing, too much weight on the body) begin to take effect, and no matter what rank you’ve trained to you cannot remain underground indefinitely (6 posts is the maximum time before having to resurface).
To Maintain:
D: 2 Post Max Duration Underground (+5 Chakra to Maintain) / No Movement
C: 3 Post Max Duration Underground (+5 Chakra to Maintain) / No Movement
B: 4 Post Max Duration Underground (+5 Chakra to Maintain) / Movement Up To 30 Meters (+10 Chakra To Maintain During Movement)
A: 5 Post Max Duration Underground (+5 Chakra to Maintain) / Movement Up To 40 Meters (+10 Chakra To Maintain During Movement)
S: 6 Post Max Duration Underground (+5 Chakra to Maintain) / Movement Up To 50 Meters (+10 Chakra To Maintain During Movement)

This sounds like Ninjutsu. Increase the chakra maintance of A-S by 5. Cool down at least should be double the duration, correct this.

11Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:16 pm

Cazan

Cazan

D-rank
I belive i fixed everything, and edited the Sensory range to be somewhere near the levels that it states in the Sensory jutsu guidlines, and i would like to know if it is nessacary that i put Earth meld to Ninjutsu since it is like a thing that they can just do, if not its cool though

12Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:33 am

Daremo

S-rank
Yeah it's necessary to put Earth Meld as a Ninjutsu.

13Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Cazan

Cazan

D-rank
Fixed

14Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:13 am

Daremo

S-rank
Might want to add Ninjutsu to the specialization, otherwise you won't be able to get "Earth Meld" till then.

15Yanagi Clan Revamp Empty Re: Yanagi Clan Revamp Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:39 am

Cazan

Cazan

D-rank
Added :)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.