You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Empty Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Tue May 28, 2019 8:00 pm

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
Emptyness swarmed the young male like a black hole, as he stood alone in the never ending void of darkness that surrounded him. His voice silent no matter how hard he tried to scream he shouted and screamed over and over again till his thoat burned like acid but still no sound escaped his lips. He could hear voices, faint sounds of speaking but he could not make out their words, he could not find their source, and no matter how far he ran there was only the darkness. The male was about to give up all hope when suddenly there was a bright light in the distance, almost like the light at the end of a tunnel, only this light was moving towards him at an alarming rate. The blinding light surrounded the male as the darkness had just seconds before, blurred images faded in and out of his view though nothing that gave the male any sign of details as to where he was or what exactly was going on around him. When he tried to move he found himself restrained, strapped down to the table they had him laying on, whoever they were that was standing over him must have been the sources of the faint voices he had heard in the darkness. The blurred images did not last for long as darkness once again crept around the male and engulfed his vision as the young shinobi slipped into unconciousness. In his unconcious state his thoughts were not about what was going on with himself but thoughts of his mother and sister and the rest of his family, it had been so long since he had seen any of them and he did not know if he would ever get the chance to see them again. He missed his home, yet something inside of him would not let him go back there, it was as if he was bound before he was even captured. When he awoke he found himself still bound yet standing rather than strapped to a table, which he could only tell from the fact that his wrist were sore from holding his weight while he was unconcious. As he stood he heard the rattle of more chains which bound his feet, whoever was doing this was obviously wise enough to know not to take chances. Looking around the room as his eye's adjusted the male could see the shimmering purple of the anbu barrier technique he knew all too well, so his assumption was right and he was being held prisoner and this was some sort of holding cell and they knew better than to place him in an unguarded cell. The male racked his brain trying to remember what it was that had happened, he remembered a mission and a fight but then there was only darkness, the details of the mission, who he had fought, any details at all escaped the young male no matter how hard he tried to remember. He struggled to break free of the chains that bound him, but his strength was not fully back yet and the strain he put on himself soon exhausted him to the point of unconciousness once more.

As the male sleep his dreams told him the story of what happened to him, his service to the Raikage, his mission in the anbu to wipe out the Iwa base camp with the borders of Kaze no Kuni, the man that challenged his squad and then took them out, all of it. The young shinobi awoke with a start, finding himself still bound in place as he had been before. Something didn't sit right with him though about the whole situation, the man that fought them in the desert was much stronger than any other shinobi that was in the report out of Iwagakure from the spy. How could someone with such power escape the sight of the spy that was said to be blessed with the eye's of the gods according to Lord Hastur. The male's mind was working in overtime as he tried to make sense out of the predictament he had found himself in, with how he was bound there was no chance of molding his chakra for a jutsu and even if he managed to create the rasengan with how his hand was bound he doubted it would truly do any good. The male's thoughts were interupted by the sound of voices outside of the barrier that was surrounding him, and after some movement the male felt the presence of another within the barrier with him. Whoever it was stood behind where he was bound and no matter how hard the male would turn his head to try to see the face of his guest the dim light with his cell did not provide enough to see details through the shadows. The sound of a chair moving followed by the sound of someone sitting in it filled the male's ears followed closely by a voice of a man that the male did not know. "Let's get started, shall we?" Thoughts of what kind of torture they would submit upon him filled his mind at the words from the man, though he would show no sign of fear, his training wouldn't allow it, his pride wouldn't allow it, he would not let his enemy see weakness within him. The Anbu are taught to withstand torture, and even then they are told to kill themselves rather than be captured, yet sucide was never something Raphael agreed with and even if he had the opertunity to do so doubted he would have. No he would just have to face the music, pray that he can survive, and above all figure out a way to get out of here, but for now he would have to just take whatever it was they were about to do to him, however he was not about to just take it without resistance. "That would be lovely actually. First I would like to know where I am, Who you are, and How long I have been here? We can get to the more serious questions after you have answered those." The male stated looking back over his shoulder at the faceless man that sat behind him, he doubted his attempt to demand answers would work but if anything it would show that just because he was bound did not mean that he was backing down.

Takao

Takao

S-rank
Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) D6ehE4O

"Yes, yes..." Takao pushed to a stand, slowly walking around the desolate, earthen cell. The smooth walls were carved out by the members of his organization and their mastery of the element. Reinforced, so that they were not so easily stricken down, and enhanced with a constant feed of chakra to create a barrier. It was a needless precaution for Takao, who stood within the cell, but more than necessary to protect those outside of it. Just because he was confident that he could withstand the potential for a volatile attack from within didn't mean that his confidence stretched beyond these walls. Their interrogation was not so private either, as the voices carried through the chakra-fed earth, allowing the operatives outside the walls to hear what happened inside.

"Black Ops training. Feigned bravery. Archetypal cheekiness. You're going by the book on interrogations. I'm not dumb enough to think that doing anything to you will get me the information I want. So it isn't what I'll do to you." From behind the cold, reflective shell of his mask, his voice distorted well beyond recognition. It was too easy to merely torture him with conventional interrogation methods. They never worked. Everybody and their decrepit, senile grandmother was conditioned against it.

"It's what I'll do to your people."

"It's what you'll force me to do to your people. Maybe I'll have to find another operative. Maybe I'll have to take less conditioned shinobi, ones that can't withstand the torture. Young genin are especially susceptible to talking, and if I go through enough of them, I'll get what I want. You can withstand torture and interrogation-- can they? Or maybe none of them will have the information I want and it'll be war. War that could be prevented right now, in this very room." Bitter words escaped in perfect monotone, no such semblance of lilt or shifting cadence. They were lies, but neither his voice nor his body language would show it. He was professional, he'd done this countless times before and had a lifetime left to continue doing it. This individual was merely one lost amidst a sea of others.

"Or, you can give me what I want. I don't want the blood of innocent people on my hands, and neither do you. I want Hastur's. So you have a choice. Doom countless of your countrymen to a worse fate and die here yourself, having accomplished nothing and perished in vain... or tell me what I want to know." He said.

"Help me save lives."

wc

440 | 440

3Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Empty Re: Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Tue May 28, 2019 10:04 pm

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
I wasn't very keen on interrogation. It was, a messy business in my experience. I didn't have much of the constitution to resist it or go through with it. In fact I've taken to avoiding injuring my targets if not required, and if I knew ahead of time of such bloody requirements I would very slowly walk out of the mission room unnoticed. But, Takao was here... and.. well.. well.. I can't keep avoiding my duties forever can I? So I made the choice to watch over the proceedings. While I didn't have the expertise to help with the construction of the chamber or the precise art of torturing, I was allowed as a security guard. Making sure to intercept an intruder if the scouts picked up one or to keep the prisoner confined of they made a break for it. But, if everyone was being honest with himself, Takao would have them subdued and back in their binds before I or anyone else could react. In a specifically carved out passage for the other onlookers I and a few more Root members listened in. Specters dressed in black, masked with owl, fox, cat, and skull. Last one being me by the way.

Above the interrogation the shrunken down face of the Opera House recorded the scene, embedded into the ceiling, nearly unseen. Small enough to not be noticed, and perfect for the situation. If for some reason they needed to replay this, it would be available for viewing.

One of my comrades tapped my shoulder, directing my attention to the prisoner and Takao. The interrogation was beginning. I nodded my thanks to him and briefly connected a chakra string to the Opera House to begin recording through a small tunnel I asked the builders to make. Now, all that was left was to wait, and anxiously watch.

The prisoner gave a cheeky wake-up call, not expected but not surprising either. I would have done similar, though with but more flirtation, and slyness than the confronting and challenging tone they used. Takao handled it calmly as always. His voice soothing the unease in my stomach slightly. At least, until he made his move. The threats to torment young genin were a potent one, while perhaps not with their prisoner it definitely was for me. I bit my lip nervously. "It's all a facade." I told myself, "It's just an act." As Takao continued with his speech I found that the tensity in my shoulders didn't relax. That droning voice, the straight expression. A twisting feeling coiled in my heart. What exactly was Takao hoping to get out of this one? Information on the Raikage? To convert him? Questions bubbled up like boiling water, and there seemed to be no answers. "Just what are you up to?" I wondered.

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
The blonde male could not help himself but to smile as the man evaded his three simple questions with a mention of his training and how the man was not dumb enough to think that torturing him would get the man anywhere. Raphael had to hand it to the man he was smarter than the young blonde had given credit to the Iwagakure operatives, but at the man's mention of hurting his people in that monotonic voice created by the man's mask to help emphasize the serious nature of his words the young male lost that thought of the man being smart. Either the man serious thought that threatening innocent people would get the blonde to betray his Lord, or he believed that the young male held some kind of need to protect the weak and feeble, in either case the man was wrong. Raphael held no sympathy for the weak and feeble and he cared very little if they lived or died, in his eyes the world would be a lot better off if they were not in it sucking the power of those who wield it, and he was certainly not going to betray his Lord for the likes of some low life Iwa Shinobi. The man was trying to appeal to the blonde's sympathic side, like most captors would do, the only downside to this man's attempt was that the young male held no such sympathy, but he did not have to let the other man know that. At least not yet. The man continued with talks of not wanting the blood of innocent people on his hands, only Hastur's, before finishing with an attempt to motivate the young blonde's heroic side by stating how he could be a hero and save his countrymen. A laughter would escape the young blonde's lips that would begin as a soft low cackle before escalating into a full echoing manic laughter as the masked man's robotic statement of saving lives. As his laughter died down the blonde would look to the man with hatred in his eyes, having done a complete one eighty from his laughter just seconds before. "You are joking, right? You the man who stands there speaking of torturing and murdering countless innocent genin just to achieve your goal, now speaks of saving lives." The blonde would spit towards the man, watching it land in front of him at the man's feet before he continued. "The war was started long before you, it began that moment when your Tsuchikage disrespected my Lord's Benevolence by striking a guest in my Lord's Presence, if you ask me Lord Hastur showed your Kage mercy by not simply killing him where he stood. Now you people think you can come in and claim land that is not yours and say we are in the wrong, who are you to decide what is right or just? You are but a man and I follow a God. You think you can stand against him, I pity your godless soul. Go challenge the Lord and accept your fate, you will die by his divine might as all those who were foolish before you have. You are nothing more than a tiny insect compared to the Lord, and while you and all the other godless heathens claim him to be a false God, I know the truth. I have witnessed his divine powers with my own eyes and I know this much for certain, a day of reckoning is coming for you and everyone else that stands against my Lord." The blonde would flip the hair that had fallen in front of his face back, looking straight into the eye holes of the mask the man wore. "It's easy to act brave hiding you face behind a mask, where others cannot see the fear that are in your eye's at the thought of Hastur Smiting you and turning your village to nothing more than pebbles beneath his feet. If I am to die here today then it is what Hastur will's and I will accept my fate as I know I will be rewarded for my service to him, I will never betray my Lord. The day will come when you and all your countrymen with stand before my Lord and be judged for your sins, and on that day your world will turn to ash and hell fire." The blonde's words held a bright fire of belief within the tone of his voice, a true believer down to his very core. "You will find that torturing the people of the cloud will not serve you, we all share the same belief and I am not afraid to die in the service to my Lord."

805/1892

5Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Empty Re: Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Thu May 30, 2019 11:25 pm

Takao

Takao

S-rank

The desperate gripings of a cornered dog did little to stir a reaction in his stone-cold comportment. Behind the icy black shell of his mask, bitter eyes watched Myrddin and considered his words, but offered no reaction. When Myddrin finished, Takao let a painfully long period of silence befall them. His body didn't move, not the slightest twitch or fidget, completely still like a statue or a corpse.

"You haven't been paying attention." Takao's cold voice finally spoke, breaking the silence.

"Perhaps you're merely naïve to the realities of this world. The cruelties we must endure to survive. Morality is a fickle thing that many men fail to interpret correctly. They hide from facing the things they fear doing and shy away by claiming immortality." These words were falling on deaf ears, he knew that much. But they were not meant solely for Myrddin. There were otherse watching him. They needed to learn as well, to understand.

"If you must kill one innocent to save a hundred that would otherwise die, are you a murderer, or a saviour, or are you both? Was it immoral, or was it paragon? Was it right, or was it wrong?" Tough choices were the bane of shinobi. Every sane man feared the day when he had to make these decisions, and seldom were they prepared for the fallout.

"War is a terribly complicated beast. To save lives, more often than not, you must sacrifice others. This is a cruel reality. Only dangerous fools think that they can save everybody." Perhaps he was right and perhaps he was wrong. Takao had suffered through twenty years of the shinobi lifestyle, drudged his way through blood and tears as an operative of the ANBU, seen and done things that he didn't want to do, but would carry the consequences and memories until his death. His mind was not fully right, his world-view twisted, but his heart was in the right place.

"Do you think your interrogation ends when you're dead?" Takao asked, genuinely curious if his captive was so foolish to believe that information would die with him. Bodies were invaluable commodities in the shinobi world, laden with secrets ripe for the picking. Myrddin was no different. Takao stepped closer, towering over the shorter Cloud shinobi. His head tilted down, and bottomless pools of ebony stared from within the mirrored shell visor.

"You'll keep preaching about your fake God, but it makes no difference. If you won't give me what I want, then I shall take it from you."

wc

430 | 870

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
I barely resisted the urge to jump out of my skin when after Takao’s spieel, the prisoner broke out in maniacal laughter. I spared a quick glance to my other comrades to see their non reaction to the echoing voice of their torture patient. Interrogation really wasn’t for me, but they seemed used to it- why was Owl walking up to the wall? I went to press a hand on his shoulder to stop him, but the hand shouldering was done to me instead, this time with Cat. They slid their slender hand down from my shoulders to my hand, gently urging me to put it tdown to my side, then they leaned in close, ever so slight lifting up their mask before speaking. “Don’t worry, they’re just going through general precedure.” I tilted my head questioningly, prompting them to continue the explanation. “In cases where we construct the interrogation room from scratch, instead of using one of our own rooms, we replicate the one-way mirrors inside our side rooms manually when the interrogator starts. Watch.” they nodded toward Owl who had their arms spread out along the rock wall. With the pads of their fingers they traced a circle around the wall, lines of chakra and sealing formula drawn into being as they sketched. Then with a slew of handsigns, the wall was made clear for us to see through. Ah. So that’s what they were going to do. It made sense now. As much as they could rely on their sense of sound, one couldn’t be too careful. Plus they wouldn’t literally be staring at a wall for hours.

The face of Takao’s disguise the body of his mask in clear view was brought to me sight, along with a blonde haired young man. I bit my lip tensely.

In retort to Takao’s offer they gave their own lecture on the contradictions within Takao’s persuasion, it was fair logic but what followed after was anything but fair. The next words that fell out from them were… fanatical to say the least. Their complete and utter faith in Hastur as a god were, troubling. They really did worship, and I do mean worship, their Raikage. It was a scary thought, if all Kumogakure shinobi were so blindly devoted. Years ago I had read that all villages had their own version of their Will. The Will of Fire, The Will of Stone, The Will of Sand (or Wind, depending on who taught it). Was this their will? Or simply, the will of their kage? As much as I tried to imagine it, I couldn’t imagine that kind of devotion- no, that was a lie. It was a dead lie and I knew it. Looking at the masked man, the face of my Kage, Kimura Takao, lingered under the surface. I remembered our scarce but important interactions. Our first meeting in the desert, during the camp recruitment trials, and my eventual employment for Root. The kind of devotion they gave for their ‘lord’, I could see myself with… Even if it hurt or got me killed, I wouldn’t mind for.. I shook my head. “This wasn’t the time for such fond sentimentality”, I reminded myself. Steeling my nerves, I forced myself to listen to the tense silence that now permeated the cold room.

One beat. Two. Three.

"You haven't been paying attention." Takao started. "Perhaps you're merely naïve to the realities of this world. The cruelties we must endure to survive. Morality is a fickle thing that many men fail to interpret correctly. They hide from facing the things they fear doing and shy away by claiming immortality." Chills ran up my spine, but even as they spoke, it felt like Takao was talking to the whole room. To the fanatic in the chair, to the ROOT operatives that work under the Kimuran Hokage. The dubious nature of mortality in their line of work and service to the village. I didn’t know what to make of his words at the time, so I elected to brush them off, too process them later. Takao continued to argue back with the prisoner, but something caught my eye.

Without turning away I poked Owl and leaned in, “Are you able to zoom in the mirror transparency technique?”

They gave a exhaustive sideways look through their mask, but answered anyway, “Yes.”

“Zoom in on the prisoner’s face.” I said. With little hesitation, Owl moved toward the wall, pressing both hands solidly against the middle of the scene before spreading them apart. Instantly the picture enlarged a couple times over to the point where the picture showed nothing but the prisoner. I analyzed their eyes, the shape of their face, the dirty blonde hair, and those eyes.. Takao’s voice was drowned out upon the realization of whom we were interrogating hit me in the face, and tears began to pool behind my eyes.

I brought a hand to my masked face. “Rapheal-!”

848 | 1325

7Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Empty Re: Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:36 pm

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
The Blonde would softly chuckle to himself at the masked man's mention of morality and what is good or evil, and then the mention of his interogation not ending with his death it mattered little to the male death was something he had become very accustom to in the past few months during his service to his Lord. He had killed many heathens, even those that he once knew as brothers under the flag of Sunagakure before it had been destroyed. He had made a friend with death and if it was his time to go no matter the aftermath he would accept his fate with open arms, but that did not mean he would have to accept it without giving the masked man a fight. The Blonde's eyes would flash with hatred as the masked man called his lord a false god, the male could feel heat on his neck burning into his very skin as it had before when he was first tasked with taken care of the heathens he once had considered brothers. Rage consumed him and his body took on a mind of it's own, before the blonde even knew what he was doing he had managed to formed the half hand seal Tiger and Dog inhaling a quick breath before releasing a large ball of compressed Futon towards the man, and the wall barrier that stood behind him. Whether it broke through the wall or not did not matter to Raphael, his goal was the masked man and bringing him his end. As soon as the ball of wind was released the blonde would quickly form a Rasengan within his left hand, with any luck if the blast of futon did not kill the man it would at least keep him distracted long enough for the male to do what was needed to do. Tilting his wrist the blonde would use the spinning ball of chakra to tear through the chain that bound his arm and without skipping a beat connect it with the one that bound the other arm, before using his strength to break the ropes that bound his legs. With his Rasengan still in his hand the blonde would look towards where his great vaccuum sphere would have hit to see if the wall was still standing or not and to find if the man had been ended by his sphere. Once his eye's fell onto the masked man Raphael would speak, "You speak of killing one to save the many, well what's say I just kill you to end this right here and now!" The blonde would launch himself at the man as he spoke, the burning sensation he felt on his neck would intensify to the point that it was almost unbearable and cause his vision to blur slightly as he charged the masked man. There was no doubt in the blonde's mind that this would be his last act within the mortal world, whether he killed the masked man or not he did not foresee himself making it out of this encampment alive as there was no doubt more on the other side of the barrier that would see him to his end, but if it was to be his final act he wished to take someone else down with him.

558/2450

Chakra 390/440
Great Vaccuum Sphere -30 Chakra
Rasengan -20 Chakra

Takao

Takao

S-rank

He might have looked like a statue with how little his body moved, but he was far from one. He could see the anger bubbling in Myddrin, the hate boiling behind his eyes, perhaps triggered by the denouncing of his so-called God. The source truly didn't matter in the moment, for Takao prepared himself. Dark eyes narrowed and brows furrowed just as Myddrin sucked in his breath. In that moment, dark chakra crept from Takao's pores and expanded rapidly. It felt like an inaudible, bassy boom, hitting chests like a powerful shove. The overbearing presence of his overwhelming chakra pressure would make everybody in the area feel as though the very air itself was oppressing them, pushing them to the ground, and they wouldn't be able to move.

The chakra that seeped from his skin, the result of 'Black Origin Threshold', turned his body into a shell of steel. A clenched hiss escaped his lungs as his body braced for the impact. As the swathe of wind slammed forcefully into his tense form, it tore long strands of his clothing in twain and left a sizable scar across the shell of his helm, but not a drop of blood was shed. The room they were in was worse for wear, massive scars in the earthen walls left chunks to come crashing down, but the ROOT operatives scattered around the cavern worked quickly to keep it from complete collapse, and repaired the damage.

In the meantime, Takao's eyes leveled with the Rasengan. Black Origin Threshold would've halted Myrddin's assault just in time for the Rasengan to stop mere inches away from Takao's face. He didn't flinch or react. He merely stood still. Like a statue. Or a corpse.

"Four of you versus me alone wasn't enough." Takao said, his eyes shining bright from the fiery pools of Ibugan, just barely visible beneath the solid black shell of his helmet. "What makes you think that here, where all advantages are in my favour, is where you could do it alone?

His hand rose, gloved digits curled tight around Myrddin's wrist and he twisted, turning the joint in an uncomfortable direction and forcing the Rasengan-bearing hand away from his face. Takao twisted Myrddin's arm further if his initial attempt had been successful, making his control over the limb apparent. His aim was to inflict pain and intense discomfort, as much as he could, without readily damaging Myrddin's limb and its joints.

"Don't be an idiot, there's no reason to throw your life away uselessly here. Tell me what I want to know, then you can run along with your tail between your legs and go back to your fake God. You can tell him what happened here, what you told me, I don't care." He didn't, his words dripped with truth but he knew that seldom were such claims believable given the context of the situation. He was prepared for a fight but the information he sought was far more important.

wc

515 | 1,385

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
My heart lurched in my chest when I saw Raphael's face. My eyes fluttered, letting the tears fall from my face. I hadn't heard any word on Raphael since the destruction of Sunagakure. Ryo I had met with briefly when Nova was rallying the remaining Sunagakure victims, but even he didn't know where Raphael had run off too. It seems that he was spending the last few years with the Raikage. Life had a terrible way of reuniting people.

And I was really starting to hate interrogations.

I was so distracted by my own thoughts that I was left unprepared for the oppressive chakra field that Takao emitted. But even then, even if I had seen it coming, I don't think I could have done anything against it. A crushing weight fell down upon me and I was frozen in place. From his peripherals hinted that his own companions were in a similar state. Frozen in their forms standing still. Until a shuffling of movement from behind him gave away the condition of Cat. Seems that they were still fine, or at least not as paralyzed. "Ah! Hokage-sama still needs to learn a bit of restraint. Hold on, I'll dispel you all at once." She called out painfully.

Though as is the case too many times. Time is not on our side. When a split second later a massive explosion of wind whipped through the earthen room. Giant scars appeared throughout the interrogation room but even inside out hidden side room we weren't safe. Some of the earth was cracking above, about to crumble down if we didn't act. "Skull go!" Cat whispered behind my ears as she slapped my side. Immediately the pressure was relieved and I jumped into work. Leaping up towards the ceiling I pressed a single palm to it and activated my chakra welding technique. While reverse for items it worked will as a stop gate method for structural reinforcement. I quickly reinforced all the area I could while Cat worked on getting the others up. In the side of my vision I could tell that the blonde had gone and done another jutsu. I looked, and they were holding an endlessly spiralling orb in their hand, the rasengan. My breath caught in the back of my throat at the sight of the legendary technique. I bit my lip hard, torn for a moment. While I wanted to help Takao subdue Raph, I couldn't let my team down. So with mixed feelings I went with the second option. I could trust Takao to handle somebody like that, even if they were a rasengan wielder.

Using the supernatural walking technique I quickly sealed up fracture lines and stress points above my companions. While I didn't get everything, what mattered was they were safe.

When Cat waved for me to come down I leapt from the ceiling and silently landed in a crouch in the middle of the group. "That was a close one, let's make sure it doesn't happen again. Skull, get your puppet out and spread the chains underneath the surface of all the walls of the interrogation. If our subject tries anything like that again-" Owl gestured towards the rasengan wielding fanatic while Cat continued to give out instructions, "Or tries to break another jutsu like that again, nullify it. If he tries to escape, aid Hokage-sama with capture with your chains." I nodded swiftly. No matter how much I missed Raphael, right now they were an enemy I couldn't afford to make friends with.

"Fox, start doing repairs to the interrogation room before going to fix this one, but wait until Skull has his puppet in place. Owl, get on with that and make it a bit easier. I in the meantime will check on our stealth jutsu." Once everyone was informed of what to do. They quickly and efficiently got to their assigned jobs.

Fox walked over to me and nodded, signalling that they were ready while the others walked away from me. Pulling out a single scroll from my pockets I quickly unsealed the GASTER puppet and attached my highest quality puppet strings to it. The puppet easily took up a fifth of the room, but with Fox's guidance the puppet sunk harmlessly under the floor and was moved under the floor by a good foot, towards the center of the interrogation room. From there I utilized all of the chains and spread them out equally across the whole room, though obviously avoiding the wall we were using to see. The pointed tips of these chains ready to lash out to capture or maim as needed.

I didn't know how Takao was going to get whatever it was he wanted out of this guy. Interrogation was a finicky art as I understood it to be. Push to little and you'd go nowhere, but too hard and the information would be questionable to falsehood. As the subject would do whatever it took to take the pressure off of them. The middle ground between them didn't always exist either. In the meantime though I could help just a little bit. With the slightest of touches I poked the tip of the chain through the ground and have it touch Raphael. If successful the rasengan in his hand would disappear harmlessly. But whether successful or not the chain work slink back down against the ground as quietly as they could.

[330/350]
Chakra Wielding Technique (-15)
Supernatural Walking Technique (-5)

Last edited by Kisei on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total

10Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Empty Re: Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:44 am

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
Breaking free after his wind sphere the male found the man unharmed however that did not stop him from lunging himself at the man with his Rasengan. At such a close range the male was sure that the man wouldn't have time to react enough to dodge it, then just as he was inches from the man's face with his Rasengan he was frozen in place unable to move. 'what the fuck is going on' the male would think to himself as he tried his hardest to will his body to move, but it was useless as if someone or something had taken his body from his control, he was stuck like a statue his Rasengan still spinning fiercely in his palm. The man spoke of their encounter where the man killed his anbu companions and captured the male and how it was not enough, how the male was foolish for trying to attack him here when the man had all of the advantage. The man took hold of his arm and began to twist it with his own. The pain from the man twisting his arm filled every fiber of his being, yet the male would not let out so much as a whimper. He would not give the man the satisfaction of knowing it, "I would rather die fighting here and now, then live a thousand life times as a traitor and a coward," the male would say through gritted teeth when the man said he would let him go. As he continued to try to will his body to move and escape the man's grasp, he suddenly felt the Rasengan fade as if whatever the man did to stop his initial attack had also taken it away as well. The burning from his neck began causing the male more pain than the man caused by holding his arm in the uncomfortable position that the man had it pinned against his back, the male would grit his teeth harder trying his best to endure the pain of both without a sign of weakness as he struggled to free himself yet his body remained immobile save for what moved when the man forced it to move. His eyes darted to the side where he could just barely see part of the man that was at his back in his peripherals, he knew nothing about this man save for what he saw in their brief encounter in the land of wind and yet he held this hatred towards the man as if they had been mortal enemies their whole life. The male did not know where this hatred was coming from or why. Perhaps it was because he was from Iwagakure and the male held resentment towards the entire village because they are lead by a disrespectful man, but even then it would not explain his desire to spill the man's guts at the expense of his own life. The male was not normally like this, random and acting on emotions, however the male could not clear his mind and he was not thinking about anything other than the hatred he felt towards this man for the disrespectful way he has spoken of his Lord.

The burning sensation from his neck spread out across his body as he struggled to break free of the paralysis that froze him in place, his entire body felt as if it was catching on fire from the inside. He would see a reflection of glowing on the wall of the room in which he stood, the light was originating from behind him where the man stood. Maybe this was jutsu from the man in an attempt to get him to talk or incinerate him, a sudden calm came over the male despite the discomfort of his arm and his body feeling as though it was boiling. The male inhaled a breath, "I accept my fate, Lord forgive me for my failure." The glowing grew brighter blinding the male in the light as the burning of his body intensified further, he was going to die here but he was at peace, then there was just darkness.

695/3145

11Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Empty Re: Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:31 pm

Takao

Takao

S-rank

As expected, the Kumogakure loyalist chose death as a preferable alternative to betraying his alleged 'Lord'. In a way, Takao would empathize. He would do the same if the positions were reversed. Through every bit of torture he was forced to endure over the years, he'd never betrayed the Leaf, just as Myrddin refused to betray not the Hidden Cloud, but the man whose Lordship he found the most loyalty in.

"You betray your people by cowering behind your indoctrinated loyalty. You live the life of a traitor and a coward now, and you'll die here as a traitor and a coward." Calm overrode the pangs of pain that he could see washing over the man's body. Takao's eyes trailed across Myrddin's form as the shorter male succumbed to the situation. His eyes narrowed and caught on to the chakra that sept from the formulae written upon his flesh.

With Myrddin's arm in his grasp, rather than fulfilling the threat to snap it, he pulled Myrddin toward him, stepped to the side if the male followed the momentum, and harmlessly twisted his grip to force Myrddin up against the nearest wall. Takao's free hand moved quickly to the back of Myrddin's neck and charged his own chakra into the extremity. The chakra within his hand grasped the seal as if it were a tangible substance and ripped it from his skin, peeled off like a bandage and thrown to the ground where flames took it and reduced it to ash.

When the seal was disposed of, Takao's hand reached for Myrddin's shoulder and gripped it hard. He squeezed and threw his arm back, aiming to take Myrddin with it, and throw him back into the chair he'd awoken in. Takao knew not what the seal's purpose was, but it seemed to be the source of some degree of agony, so he was curious about the results of its removal. He was relatively familiar with 'mind control' fūinjutsu due to his own research into the matter, and while what he pulled from Myrddin looked familiar, the inner workings were a mystery.

Takao turned to face Myrddin, eyes beset upon the blonde male behind the black-mirrored shell that covered his face. Dull onyx pools stared lifelessly beneath the mask, waiting for a reaction.

395/1,780

12Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Empty Re: Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:44 am

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
As the scene unfolded before my eyes I bit my bottom lip with the anxiety, behind the ROOT skull mask I wore the expression of a scared young adult was what I beared. I prayed that Raphael would just surrender and spill the information, make it easier on everyone here. Though why was I worrying about this Kumogakure ninja on thin ice with Takao? Even if they were enemies now, they were friends first, and it pained me to even think about them being hurt. Memories long ago of us sparring together came to mind and a painful nostalgia crossed my heart. But another pain surfaced when I say the familiar blonde give up the fight, and wait to die. Then again, by Takao's resolution that he should die a traitor and coward. Then slam him against the wall.

No...NO! NO!

Before I even knew I was doing it two chains slithered from the ground and started to wrap around Takao's ankles, not quite touching but close. I envisioned them painfully squeezing and writhing with all their might as I tried to force him to stop before Raphael really did get himself killed. But as the chains hovered centimeters above Takao's ankles I stopped myself, and rethought my actions. If Takao does it, I can trust him to have good intentions. I can trust him not to kill needlessly, and that even when he did, it was because there was no other way.

"Smart move backing off. You made the right choice." Cat said as they removed the kunai from my neck and stepped back into the deeper shadows. Leaving me alone with my thoughts and puppet strings, as I saw Takao aim to throw Raphael back into the chair I held down the legs with my chains, wrapping it around their lengths. As I looked at the limp form of the blonde he once knew as a friend, Takao's words about morality a few minutes ago echoed from the past. While I didn't fully agree with them, perhaps, in this world... That was how it was.

13Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Empty Re: Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
The male could still feel the heat radiating from his every pore as the male through him back into a chair, his insides still felt like they were on fire as his vision slowly returned to him as if he was waking up for the first time. He could hear a ringing in his ears and his mouth was dryer than the desert he once called home, he would cough as he tried to adjust himself in the chair only to realize that be still had no control over his extremities. His mind was swimming as he looked around the room from his slouched position in the chair, not from a loss of memory or residual effects from whatever it was that just happened but more from realization of everything that had conspired since the destruction of Sunagakure. His life had been on autopilot, his actions not his own to control but the mere puppets pulled by the strings of a master puppeteer. He had been stuck locked in his own mind, but now despite the fact that he could not move the male no longer felt as though he was not his own to control. The realization of all the things that he had done in the name of a country that was not even his own, and what he had done to his true country. The male would not make excuses for his actions nor would he seek forgiveness from his people or blame the man who had done this to him, if anything at all he would blame himself. The male blame himself for being so weak that his will could have been bent to the will of someone else, he blamed himself for not being strong enough to stop his own actions in the service to this man, but most of all he blamed himself for the betrayal of his people. He turned his back on them and even murdered some of them, trying to force the will of Kumogakure upon them as it had been done to him. Tears would begin to flow from the male's eyes, running down his face with him unable to stop them. Try as he might to move his arm to wipe them away, had he been able to move his arms he would have undoubtedly buried his face into his hands. The male tried his best to restrain himself, to lock down his emotions and control his appearance until finally he got himself under control and the tears would stop. His face still wet from the tears the male would try to speak only to find a lump in his throat, his mouth still parched from the ordeal. "Water.." was all that the male was able to get out, his voice harsh and raspy from the lack of moisture. He still understood the situation he was in, he knew that the large man standing in front of him wanted answers to his questions. The male was in no position to demand anything from the man, but it was more of a request than a demand. If the man wished his questions to be answered then he would need water, as he waited for a response to his request from the man the male would piece together all the information that swam through his brain.

If the man granted his request for water he hoped that they would also be willing to help him adjust in himself in the seat, just because he could not move did not mean he could not feel and his current position in the chair was not exactly comfortable not to mention that currently he would not be able to get a drink of the water. Once the water and his sitting position was taken care of the male would clear his throat, but when he spoke his voice was soft and raspy as he struggled to speak, however it was clear that there was a different demeanor between how he was before compared to how he was now. "I don't know if I have all of the answers that you seek, in fact I don't know if I have any answers to anything." He would cough slightly and dart his eyes back to the cup of water hoping that the man picked up on the fact and gave him another drink before he continued, "ask what you will of me and I will answer you the best you can and then you can kill me, it is all I deserve for everything I have done."

764/3909

14Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Empty Re: Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:29 am

Takao

Takao

S-rank

"Really," He scoffed, the disbelief in his voice palpable. He wasn't sure what seemed more unbelievable, the man that many shinobi revered as some sort of mortal plane-walking God having such a weak, borderline amateur mind-control seal, or that the seal was so easily removed without drastic consequence. He had half expected Myrddin to burst into flames the moment the formulae left his skin, but instead, he begged for water, and Takao considered forcing him to go without, just in case things were not as they appeared.

"It's almost unbelievable how incompetent he must be..." He lamented quietly, then resolved to pay him at least the right to be treated like a human being. With a particular gesture of his hand, the earthen wall that encased them parted on the side adjacent to Kisei, split open like a doorway. A feminine figure walked in, handed Takao a glass of clear liquid, then disappeared through the same way she had entered. The doorway repaired itself as she left, leaving them where they started.

Takao stepped forward, then sat the glass down on the floor, within reach of Myrddin. He had no interest in taking the risk of helping him beyond that point, and he made that much clear when he stepped back and resumed his previous, militant posture.

"Don't start with the self pity shit. We're shinobi." He said, biting words spoken in typical monotone. He didn't care about who deserved to die and who didn't, not in this context and not here. He cared about who was useful to him, and whose death would be a wasted effort.

"I'm not interested in killing you. All I want is information on Hastur. I want to know what he's planning, when he's making his moves, where he plans on attacking, and how strong the Cloud's military is."

Despite the weight of the questions, Takao was not expecting groundbreaking information here. He knew better than to trust Myrddin, who had every reason under the sun to feed him false knowledge. But still, he was curious to see what he might say, any truths he might unintentionally leak out, and what he could figure out to be lies.

375/2,155

15Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Empty Re: Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
I nearly sucked in a breath when things started to de-escalate. Letting a light sigh pass from my lips, the tension minimally decreasing from my shoulders. Raphael was making the smart move and finally giving up, submitting to Takao’s- alright calm down. I shook my head at myself, disappointed, barely. While this was a good thing, it didn’t mean that he wasn’t plotting something. My gaze glanced back up to the newly repaired roof, “Though maybe it wasn’t out of the realm of possibility.” I thought. Strange though, that they were apparently so willing to comply now, they were so loud and adamant of their ‘faith’ before, but now it was like we were seeing someone completely different. Like a switch flipped in his head and he just changed modes. Idily, I wondered if Takao had done something to force this change, but no matter how much I searched my mind for a defining moment I could only recall the most recent death threat. “No, that couldn’t be it.” I explained to myself. Takao has repeatedly threatened Raphael with killing him, or targeting his comrades, throughout the interrogation; why now that it had work I couldn’t fathom or attempt to explain.

My eyes traced Cat as she wordlessly answered Takao’s call and walked through a self creating hole in the wall, placed the glass on the water on the ground before casually walking back. As the wall of earth closed behind her I asked, “Do you think he’ll be co-operative this time?” Cat shrugged her shoulders, “I doubt it, but hope for the best.” I nodded, turning back to the image of the two men in the interrogation room. “What will happen once we have what we need?” I asked, somewhat dreading the answer. Cat paused on that one for a while, I sensed she wasn’t too keen to tell me. “Whatever Hokage-sama decides is for the best, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up for a happy ending. A shinobi who has given away crucial information is a traitor no matter the circumstance, even if we let him go, there is no returning to the Hidden Cloud.”

My eyes cast shadows onto the floor, my spirits much lower than before. “Don’t get too attached Skull, that’s simply how things are around here.” While they had said it to be comforting to the new recruit of their organization, for me, it was anything but.

16Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Empty Re: Cloud ROOTed in the Sand (Takao/ROOT) Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
Myrddin would take a drink of the water as the masked man asked his question about Hastur, he let out a chuckle though it came out in more of a cough than a laugh. "Just how big of a fool are you?" The blonde would ask as he felt the feeling return to his limbs and adjusted himself in the chair, "Hastur has the entire country of Kaminari no Kuni under his control, you want to know how big his military is? Try the entire population of the land of lightning not to mention the populations of the countless minor countries which he has been acquiring the either force or trickery in secret. He is already making his moves, and he has been for a long time now, this little adventure into the land of wind is nothing more than a side mission to increase his foot hold in the world and give him more bases of operations. As far as when he is attacking, he plans to attack everyone eventually, as far as when only his close generals know for sure. Those like myself are only told when it is time to attack so that there is no chance of traitorous actions in warning the enemy of the attacks." Myrddin would pause taking another sip of the water his host had been so kind as to provide for him, he knew the man had no reason to believe his words but that did not matter as he knew his words were true. "I know what you're thinking, and you are right. You have no reason to believe what I am saying, a cloud shinobi would have every reason to lie to you about the actions of their Kage and country." He would pause again to try to gauge the man's reaction, though it was pointless as he could not see the man's face. "What if I were to tell you a was not a shinobi of the hidden cloud, and that in fact I was a shinobi of the hidden sand? Would you believe my words then, or do you believe that I would be lying if I said I was from Sunagakure?" The male was not sure what exactly he was expecting to get from this Iwagakure interrogator, but the words flowed out of him as if he were saying it more for himself than that of the man.

"Allow me if you will to tell you a story and then you can decide for yourself if my words are true, after the destruction of my village I followed a trail that led me to Kumogakure, during my investigation I was captured and brought before Hastur. I don't remember everything that happened but I suddenly found myself serving this man without question as if I had no will of my own. I believed with all of my heart that he was a God and I was his humble servant, however now I find myself thinking clearly and can see the truth. I believe he held some sort of part in Sunagakure's destruction, due to the fact that two of those responsible work for him as well as the fact that the third was allowed to escape the country without problems. I also believe that he plans to do the same to all the other villages, if his demonstration at the summit was any indication I would say Iwagakure would be the next on his list once he is done here and Konohagakure would fall shortly after that. Though he might go for them before he comes for the stone I can not be sure, however I do know he wishes for Konohagakure more than any of the others as it is the closest to his territory and his biggest opposition. I also believe he hold his people under the power of whatever it was the he used on me, every able body is a weapon in his army. A show of force against him would result in thousands of innocent people throwing their life away for their chance to serve their God, if you could some how make it to him without drawing attention however you might have a chance of avoiding a full on war."

713/4622

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.