You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What It Means To Be Gentle [AikikoxNil] Empty What It Means To Be Gentle [AikikoxNil] Sat May 25, 2019 4:35 pm

Nil

Nil

D-rank
When Nil awoke in the morning the sun was streaming in through the window of his bedroom, as it did every morning, and a pair of chirping birds were perched precariously on the end of a branch that forked apart towards the end of it's length. Leaving just enough room for the two small, chirping creatures to construct their nest out of twigs, fluff, scraps of paper and other detritus they had no doubt found scattered around Kumogakure. Nil sat up from the soft, warm embrace of his covers, stretching out with his paled arms high above his head as his silvered hair swept messily before his eyes. Said eyes opening not a moment later in a slightly-bleary, barely-conscious stormy blue recognition with the world. Nil winced softly, lifting his covers from his body to look down at his bandage and boxer-clad self to note the distinct pain in his abdomen. His brow furrowed in worry, his wound had not acted up in a long time, but after a moment or two of stretching back and forth it settled down to it's usual slightly sore buzz of unease in the midst of his abdominal muscles.

Giving a soft, relieved sigh as the old pain settled into familiarity Nil slid his body to the floor and retrieved his kimono. Sliding the thin, familiar silk garment around himself and tying the bow that kept it all together somewhat loosely in place. He then slid into his footwear and, with a small smile and nod, made his way downstairs into the compound for breakfast. As usual Nil was greeted by the familiar sight of his mother and grandfather, already seated at the table, talking among themselves. Nil gave a polite bow and "Good Morning" to both of them before seating himself, his mother reaching out to affectionately pat his shoulder. Making Nil smile more as his grandfather gave an acknowledging nod before turning to his mother. "At any rate. We can finish this discussion later."

The adults gave equally answering nods and Nil, not thinking anything of the seemingly private conversation, wasn't bothered by it at all. Instead he simply waited until his elders began to eat before digging in himself. The meal went by almost entirely silent until Nil finished his breakfast. Knowing the usual routine his grandfather raised a hand before leveling his aged gaze on Nil. Not quite judging his grandson but equal parts curiosity and appreciation weighed in his wizened eyes. "How is your Shinobi training coming along? What will you be doing today?"

Nil paused, blinking as his faint blue grey eyes widened, and he fidgeted a bit in his seat. Thinking that his grandfather most likely already knew what he wanted to about Nil's training so far. It had been... slow. Slower than any of them would have liked. Nil hesitated, trying to pluck the right words from his swirling thoughts before giving a shrug, knowing better than to try and lie. "It... well... It's not going.... very fast." His grandfather gave a low, almost amused sounding hum, and allowed Nil to continue. "I'll just be... going into the village, see what there is to see.... ummm...." Nil's recently-awakened mind struggled before failing him and he smiled sheepishly. "I.... suppose I'll just see how I can help people."

There was a slight upturn to his grandfather's eyes, despite the level gaze, an appreciation for his grandson's demeanor perhaps. His expression become it's usual level, calculating one as his mother reached over and ruffled Nil's hair gently. Smiling softly as she all but cooed at him. "Awww, that's right, see if you can't make the village a little better hmm? Such a gentle boy...." Nil couldn't keep the soft flush of embarrassment from his features at his mother's words, his eyes falling to his lap as she laughed softly. His grandfather, meanwhile, seemed stoic for a moment before sighing in a way that wasn't sad... or disappointed... simply resigned. "Yes, gentle....... well..... just remember there is a time and a place for everything."

Without another word spoken Nil's grandfather rose, followed by his mother and, lastly, Nil himself. His grandfather looking from his mother back to Nil and commenting idly. "If nothing of particular interest catches your eye you might consider seeking out... Oh... what was her name?" Nil's grandfather tugged fitfully on his beard, eyes closed in thought, before his mother gently chimed in. "Mizuki." Nil's grandfather nodded suddenly, eyes opening as he nodded. "Yes, that was it, Raiu Mizuki. She was.....is....Kiyoshi's daughter, yes?" He glanced at Nil's mother, who nodded silemnly, and the old man nodded back. "Well, glad to see I can still remember something in my old age. At any rate, yes, Raiu Mizuki, a family member. Her father was your mother's.... what was it? Second cousin?" Nil's mother shook her head, biting her lip, and Nil could tell she was trying to avoid deepening the awkward topic of the conversation.

Giving a small huff, and an even smaller frown, his grandfather simply sighed. "Well, anyways, relation AND from what I hear quite the accomplished Shinobi already." His grandfather motioned with a robed hand, smiling down at Nil, and Nil nodded back. Taking his leave with bounce, and determination, in his step. He wasn't entirely sure what awaited him in the village today but whatever it was he would meet it head-on.

Later that Evening......

On his way home from the village Nil had, unfortunately been unable to find this 'Raiu Mizuki' despite his best efforts. People at least seemed to know who he was talking about, which was a plus, but he couldn't help but feel like he could have done more in his search. The fact that he had a box of poky clasped in one hand and was currently munching on one as he walked didn't escape him as ironic when he had meant to be finding something to further his Shinobi training.

Nil gave a happy shrug, biting down once more on the sweet treat, his eyes closing in enjoyment as he munched. Only for his eyes to open and for him to realize that he didn't realize where he was. Which was odd, Nil was familiar with most places in Kumogakure, but the..... park(?) he currently found himself in was rather unfamiliar to him. It was smaller than the park he usually frequented, with a humble little fountain in it's center surrounded by multiple beds containing a wide variety of various flowers subsisting off of the spray and mist of the fountain. Most of the park seemed comprised of large, proud trees that Nil thought looked incredibly suitable for practicing basic Shinobi techniques on.

As Nil sat on the edge of the fountain, finishing his current stick of Poky, he decided that if he wasn't going to be able to find something to help him further Shinobi training, he would create his own opportunity. It was always a better idea to train with others so Nil took this opportunity to ask a few passing Shinobi, only to be turned down in turn by each of them. Exhaling softly, Nil continued to look around the park for someone to train with. Though was surprised when a voice called out to him, belonging to a singular boy in a group of three."Hey. kid! You looking for someone?"

Nil blinked, then smiled, and approached the boys. The one who had called out to him, a boy with slightly dusky, tanned skin and murky brown eyes idly spun his headband on a finger and grinned at Nil. He looked to be a few years older than Nil, while the other two seemed roughly the same age, maybe a bit older. The tan-skinned boy caught his headband mid-spin and nodded. "Yeah we'll train with ya, I just earned Chunin after all, bet I could teach ya a lot of things." Nil nodded, still smiling. "Oh, well, thank you. I would very much appreciate it." The boy shrugged, putting his headband on and shoving his hands into his pockets. "Well, I mean, we won't train with ya for FREE.... I could sure go for some Pocky right now."

Nil blinked, glancing down at the box of the treats before the boy gave a chuffing laugh, moving over beside Nil and slinging an arm heavily over his shoulder. Making Nil look up at him while the older boy shook his head. "Naww kid we don't want YOUR Pocky. Never been a fan of strawberry. But we would REALLY appreciate some Ryo to get our own, ya know?" Nil blanched, looking about his robes as a slightly cold, uneasy feeling began to twist in the pit of his stomach. "I umm... I don't have any Ryo...." The older boy cut in, leaning a bit more on Nil's shoulders "Aww c'mon now. With clothes like that? Y'must have a little spare?"

Nil... was not a fan of the expression on the older boy's face, staring down at him with that same wide grin. Nil just had time to notice his friends had gotten closer as well before he slipped backwards out from under the older boy's shoulder, making him stagger slightly as Nil clutched his kimono more tightly closed. "N-No I.... I think I'll just be going now...." The older boy scowled, and they continued to follow Nil, who hadn't even realized he was backing up... step by step. " Huh? Why are you leavin'? Don't ya want someone to train with?" Nil shook his head and, before turning on his heel and running, unaware the collar of his kimono came within a scant inch of being grabbed by the older boy.

Nil didn't have to be a Shinobi to hear the feet of the other boys chasing after him. His lungs beginning to work overtime as he sprinted, almost regretting taking a moment to look behind him as the boys were gaining on him. Nil turned his head back around, only to spy a familiar, distinct white serpent sitting perked up attentively before a particularly thick row of bushes of some sort. Nil bit his lip, his lungs beginning to burn at this point, and decided to trust in the mysterious little serpent. It always seemed to show up at odd times for him and, hopefully, would lead him to someone who could help him.....

As Nil turned, altering his trajectory toward the little snake, it darted quickly into the bushes and Nil groaned. Raising his arms to cover his face as he dove through the bushes, vaguely aware of the scent of... roses(?) as he did so. The little serpent never came out the other side as, when Nil tumbled out of the bushes, he was vaguely aware of seeing wavy blonde hair, deep blue eyes and as Nil came to a final sitting stop he found himself staring up at some unknown girl. His stormy blue eyes were wide in a way only a child's could be as he stared up at this unknown woman, his kimono miraculously unscathed, leafs and rose petals clinging to his hair, with the group of pursuing boys currently making their way through the same rose bush.

Nil barely having enough to murmur out a quiet, supremely embarrassed, and blush-laden introduction of "Ummmm... H-Hi."

Word Count: 1,972
Total: 1,972

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.