You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[Mission | Raiu] Whipping up a wind. Empty [Mission | Raiu] Whipping up a wind. Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:34 am

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
Mission name: A Game of Influences
Mission rank: C-A rank Quest
Objective: Convince your clan to rise against Hastur
Reward: 1 EP + 300 ryo (C-rank), 1 EP + 500 ryo (B-rank), 1 EP + 1000 ryo (A-rank)
Mission Description: Convince your clan to join the cause of the Resistance against Hastur. When every clan unites against a common enemy, victory is pretty much assured.
Development References: "Godslayer.", end of Hastur arc
Mission Details: 2000 wc (C-rank), 2500 wc (B-rank), 3500 wc (A-rank)
C-rank: No hostitlies. Try to influence the ruling power(s) in your favour, push your influence or win a game of wits.
B-rank: Minor hostilities. You'll have to take down the current leader, fight a champion or assassinate a present influence working against you. Whichever, their stats are B-2 across the board, B-rank equipment and have two elements/specs of your choice.
A-rank: Better call this a 'Game of Thrones' for blood will be about all there is to pay to get the clan rise up against Hastur. They are indoctrinated, stubborn or afraid and the nail that sticks out gets hammered - you, in other words. Your opponents are members of your own clan with A-0 stats across the board, with A-rank equipment, three specs/elements. There are at least 5 opponents.

2[Mission | Raiu] Whipping up a wind. Empty Re: [Mission | Raiu] Whipping up a wind. Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:17 pm

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
The jacaranda trees solemnly stood guard next to the road which lead towards the Raiu estate. The purple flowers inherent to the three coloured the edges of the road, their bright hues a stark contrast against the otherwise dull and mostly forlorn buildings behind them - buildings Mizuki once called home. Where her parents, her sister and herself had lived until one by one fate had taken them away from her. Until she was the last remaining member of her household. Her mother had died to an incurable illness, and had dragged the heart and soul of her father with her. Her father found respite at Mizuki's own hand, who was forced to slay him to finish her training in the Executioner Arts. And her sister had left it all behind to go missing, living a life of piracy somewhere in the wild blue yonder. Walking down the forsaken jacaranda road for a first time in who knew how long, the Hermit of the Valley of Mountains could only wonder if her sister ever bothered to return home. Probably not.

Under the twilight sky, the jacaranda trees looked vibrant. Even in dark days, they didn't lose their vibrant shine. Even when Mizuki's iaijutsu had cut many of them in twain in her desire to perfect her techniques, they didn't lose their vibrant shine. Not even now, in the middle of the blooming civil war, under the reign of the dark thunder god, they didn't lose their vibrancy. Spectres of beauty, unfazed by the tampering of mortals and mad men. Mizuki envied them, for she realised that her own spark had been dimmed severely in the course of years. Light for life. Hope. Youthful innocence. She was no longer that little girl trying to reach the expectations of a demanding father, but what troubled her most was not that she had lost that light, but that she couldn't recall when it had occurred. Solemn duty; the burden of necessity weight heavily upon her.

Passing by the Raiu dojo, the woman halted only briefly to turn her head. Despite its vacancy and the settled dust, it preserved its pride. One good swipe was all it needed to bring its martial power back to life. A matter of opening the door and finally picking up the position as kenjutsu sensei her father had entrusted to her with his last words. Mizuki turned her head and continued her path to her true goal - her home. The sober building of the Raiu-Kaminari family stood solid despite bearing the semblance of forlorn sadness. The windows were dirtied, the patio covered in dirt, dead blossoms and leaves. There were no signs of damage, and none of abandon. Someone had, despite the current state, at least bothered to keep unwanted visitors away. Other Raiu, most likely, who would not want to see the general property of the clan deteriorate. Even if none had known where the last owner had been for this long - probably on a mission of sorts, considering her position as diplomat, even though business in Sunagakure had come to a conclusion.

Resting her hand on the door, the hermit hesitated a single moment to continue. Memories of the lives attached to them flooded her mind, forcing her to remember all the good and bad times associated with her own life so far. Closing her eyes for a moment to allow herself a moment of nostalgia and raw emotion, her senses picked up the presence of someone standing behind her.

"This building is off limits."
"Why is that?"
"It belongs to the Raiu. More precisely, Raiu Mizuki."
"If this home is inhabited, then why does it look abandoned?"
"That's none of your business. Please step back from the building."

Mizuki didn't recognise the voice that spoke to her. Perhaps a new member of the family, perhaps a hired guard. However, not having been asked for her name it became apparent he was either nervous or new to this whole patrolling section, and as such the hermit decided to force his hand as a first of lessons - identification was paramount to any guard or shinobi. Without hesitation, Mizuki slid aside the shoji door of her home.

3[Mission | Raiu] Whipping up a wind. Empty Re: [Mission | Raiu] Whipping up a wind. Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:52 pm

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired

The guard moved in, blade drawn. His warning had fallen into deaf man's ears. His orders were clear. If a warning didn't suffice, harsh measures were required. In times such as these, where Hastur's men were taking out by unknown assailants, the prominent clan of the Raiu could not take any risks. With great precision, the guard jabbed in the intruder's direction. He had trained this move thousands of times, and was assured that his enhanced speed and skill would suffice.

It did not.

A blur was all he had seen. His blade had not even touched the intruder or reached the shoji door before the intruder had turned around, placed its palm upon his shoulder with sufficient force he could feel his chi internally move. As if a gust of wind had blown right through him. He had felt no pain. He still didn't feel any pain. Rather, it felt like his very intent had been subdued by a single palm. The thought of stopping the intruder had completely been blown away. His technique and the chakra gathered to execute it properly... dispersed.

"Heaven Sword style, Heaven Event Horizon"

A shiver crawled over his spine as the whispers of the woman's voice reached his ears. A student of Kiyoshi-sama?! Many had visited him to be taught. Few had picked up his advanced sword art. His purpose subdued, the guard was not sure if he had what it took to take down this person and so he lowered his blade. Then, as if his very purpose had been reset, he jumped back to distance himself from the woman and raised his guard.

"That technique..."
"Hm? Oh, I picked it up along the road when I fought some martial arts student."

The woman spoke with such a casual air it was hard not to feel ticked off. Like she had picked it up for fun rather than to respect its worth. A mere trinket to her collection. If only Kiyoshi-sama hadn't disappeared, he would have requested to be taught that style. Now he was opposing it.

"What's it to you?"
"You can have it. If you can take it from me."
"You're trespassing on Raiu ground and you think this is a game?"

She grinned at him. The nerve. With rekindled determination, the man moved forward again. He'd have her this time. If the first technique didn't work, then the second would for sure. He couldn't lose, lest the clan grew disappointed in their 'promising student'.

"Take this!"

Lighting surged around him, shooting forward at her as he swung his blade. Simultaneous strikes! She could block one, maybe two, but she'd... Block them all?! The lightning had clearly hit her, coursing all over her cloak and body. And yet, there she should, practically unfazed. Perfectly capable of clapping that blade between her hands.

"Heaven Sword style, Heaven Decree"

Lighting danced across the blade, finding the hands that held it and seared it painfully. He let go of his own blade, practically giving his weapon to his opponent, who flipped it deftly and added insult to injury by wielding it herself.

"Your form is crude. Don't tell me this is the best of the Raiu."
"I aspire to improve!"
"Oh? And who's going to teach you? Kiyoshi? Don't you know he was killed along the road?"
"You... killed him?"

A third voice would chime in. Firm in tone. The voice of a matriarch not as easily fooled petty deceptions brought forward by the inexperienced mind.

"Are you done playing games?"
"Ayame-san. I'm sorry I-"
"Quiet.", she focused upon the hermit. "State your name, now, or do you want me to drag it out of you?"

As the guard made himself scarce, ashamed of his inability to take down this intruder, and still having no incing of an idea who he had been fighting due to his primary error, the old woman moved closer. Kaminari Ayame was an old woman, a scholar to the Village, and one of the few Sealers trusted sufficiently to seal the more sensitive information of the forces vast intel. With the dangers of this localised feud, she was to return home and remain safe within the compound of her clan where she could protected by the younger generation. She had scoffed at the need for others, but the idea of an early vacation was not the worst.

"Calm down, grandmother."
"Who are you calling grandmother?"
"You can be pretty dense for a scholar, you know?!"
"What did you say?!"

Removing the hood which had concealed her face this entire time, the blue-green eyes of Mizuki met the stoic gaze of the elder before her with a raised eyebrow. Even then, with the face of her grand-daughter before her, Ayame didn't flinch. She narrowed her eyes, scrutinising the appearance before her to discover a potential henge-no-jutsu.

"W-wait. You're..."
"Raiu Mizuki."
"How is that you weren't aware of this, guard?"
"I.."
"He was focused too hard on succeeding he forgot the basics."
"..."
"That being said, what are you doing here for that matter?"
"Coming home?"
"Don't play coy with me, Mizuki. I'm no fool. I read the ANBU reports."
"ANBU...? Oh, I believe I know what you are talking about."
"So out with it."
"Fine, I seek an audience with the clan leader."
"Whatfor?"
"Are you the leader?"
"...No."
"Then please bring me to him."
"It is unlike you to seek him out."
"We are in an unlikely situation."
"You speak of the resistance ploughing through Jashinists."
"I do."
"Very well. Come with me."

Total: 1'661

4[Mission | Raiu] Whipping up a wind. Empty Re: [Mission | Raiu] Whipping up a wind. Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:20 pm

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
The hall was filled with members of the clan. Every family sent a representative of their family if they so could. If not to see with their own eyes that Mizuki had returned after long months of absences, then to hear what she had to say that was so important even the clan leader felt compelled to throw this matter into the group. Like clucking chickens. As men and women settled down, Mizuki contemplated how easy the demise of her own clan would have been if she had harboured even an inkling of treason or destruction within her purpose. Even if some of them were highly trained and succeeded at escaping an assault in time, considerable damage would have been done. Her attention was brought into the group when the leader nudged her to speak.

"Esteemed clansmen. It is no secret where our duties lie when it comes to Kumogakure. It is no secret to us that we have served as shock troops, guards and advisers in a variety of positions. It is the pride and duty of each of us, a heritage I am proud of myself.", her eyes moved to meet every one of the members as she appealed upon their clan heritage and pride. "But I have come to plead a peculiar case in which I have begun to wonder where our true allegiances lay. We are one of the prominent clans of Kumogakure, but who do we serve first and foremost? The Village? Or its kage? When the spirit of our martial Village is opposed by a kage whose allegiances only benefit himself, do you protect the Village or do you stand with its leader?"

The question was out. Big was the surprise of the other members when they heard the options presented. To some, accusations of great treason, colouring the faces of the 'true loyalists' red with anger at the very thought such a blasphemous ideology could be uttered. To others, a hypothesis worth discussing, as chins and beards were stroked in contemplation. Mizuki continued.

"You are all aware of my position as the Herald of Hastur and a diplomat of Kumogakure. We all know our Village, but who else of you can justly say he knows the thoughts and acts of our Raikage? We are all aware he took the destroyers of Sunagakure in his fold. Former Konoha-nin and traitors of Sunagakure. He embraced them with open arms despite the danger their maddened minds possess. He promised protection and guidance towards glory, but instead allowed missing-nin to tarnish our reputation as a good host during the Chuunin Exams. We failed our duties as guards and our pride was besmirched. We condemned the destroyers of Sunagakure, but were send into a war with the other nations to eradicate what little was left of a broken land. A slap in the face of the refugees we aimed to shelter. We are born for martial prowess; the thunderous lands of Lightning the playgrounds that allow us to surpass the limitations imposed by feeble, lush lands elsewhere. But instead of enlightenment, he sent us off as mindless puppets to kidnap children in Konoha and convert our next generation to Jashinism."

"And yet, you continue to support this man."

The verbal slap in the face had come, and taken effect. In an instant, those who had hesitated to voice their opinion jumped to their feet to spill their accusations and rhetorical concerns. For a moment, the quiet winds roared. Then, at the gestures of the leader, their heated words were reeled in. Chests puffed up, smirks of advocated agreements shared.

"I believe our clan's loyalties lay with Kumogakure. Its foundations. Its spirit. Its civilians. When those are endangered, it is our duty to rise and deal with that threat.", piercing eyes bore themselves in every of the present members like a mother scolding her kids. "But perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps you believe blind devotion towards the Raikage is paramount. That we should simply kill anything at the command of a whim. Become mindless puppets sent to the slaughter, like the times before Darui. I can't speak for each of you, and so I will not. I am not here to cause chaos but to reveal a truth few of you have had the opportunity to experience as you were confined to Village duties. I have been there. Seen it happen."

"No more."

"I plead with you, whom have heard my words, to weigh the worth of their truth. Where do our loyalties lie, Raiu? With Kumogakure or with its Raikage? I'll leave it to you to come to a conclusion."

Total: 2'438

5[Mission | Raiu] Whipping up a wind. Empty Re: [Mission | Raiu] Whipping up a wind. Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:37 pm

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
"What you brought forward was difficult for us to accept. We may not have been shaken to the core like this ever since Darui rose as a kage. Your question was a valid one that opened our eyes, yet risked to throw tear us apart just as much."
"It is in our clan's nature to fight against internal turmoil. The Storm requires the best of our capabilities at all times."
"Indeed, indeed. That being said, we have come to a conclusion on the matter. We can not simply oppose the Raikage or turn our blades against him despite his actions. But neither can we follow the man as he sends us to certain death and forsakes Kumogakure. We have therefore opted to take on a neutral stance. While Hastur remains, we will continue with our duties as shinobi, but where we can we will assist you unseen in your endeavours. I'm sorry to ask this of you."
"I understand. You wish for me to profile as a traitor to the Raikage so he turns a blind eye on the rest."
"It is a risk to take, for no one knows how Hastur will act in his attempt to subdue you."
"At worst, he'll ask the clan to take me down. At best, he'll do so himself. In both cases, I'm prepared to bear the consequences, but is the clan ready to make a conclusive stance should the need arise?"
"Few are as they fear for their lives, their homes, their children. Let us hope it doesn't come to such an ultimatum."
"I could not ask for more. Knowing that the clan seeks a neutral stance is more than I could have asked for."
"Be well, Mizuki. You have Siri's strength of will. I know your mother would have been proud seeing what you do here."

The elder and the hermit would bow towards each other. Then, a flicker, as jacaranda blossoms dwindled down where the kunoichi had stood.

[EXIT]

Total: 2'773
- 2'500 B-rank Quest mission

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.