You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Recent Memory [Private] [Solo] Empty Recent Memory [Private] [Solo] Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:27 am

Nobuya

Nobuya

D-rank
Mission:

"So class, please welcome Nobuya Yomechiro. He's going to be helping us for the next couple of days. He's a full-fledged ninja of the Mist, as you can see from his headband, so remember to be respectful."

I stepped up so that I was standing beside the teacher.

"Hello class! I'm very much looking forward to working with all of you."

This morning, I had been handed a relatively simple mission. An instructor at the academy had requested help with teaching and reinforcing some basic techniques as a sort of general review. It had been posted as a simple D-rank mission, and I needed the ryo, so I thought it might be kinda fun. I hadn't been slacking necessarily, but training with Aruide, Master Sero, and Kenshin-sensei had started taking a toll on my other time commitments. It was good that I finally had a little time to take another mission, though I admit it would've been very nice to take this time to relax. Although, it would be pretty helpful to have a review. Not only for myself, but also for a certain curious armadillo.

Speaking of...

I turned to the instructor. She and I had spoken about my idea, and she was really on-board with it, especially since we were both pretty sure the kids would be really excited about it. She smiled and gave me a reaffirming nod.

"Today, actually, you all are going to have another student in the class so they can learn the jutsu you've been reviewing too. So if you wouldn't mind, please be kind and helpful when you can."

I heard murmurs and whispers come from the students seated in front of me, no doubt wondering who this mysterious new student could be. I kept the tension for a fun moment before I started making hand signs.

Boar, Dog, Bird, Monkey, Ram.

I put my hand on the ground, a seal rapidly expanded, and a puff of smoke grabbed the students' attention. They sat in a curious silence as the smoke quickly cleared, revealing Asusuno. There was a moment more in which the students realized what they were seeing in front of them, and then they rushed forward to inspect and greet their new visitor. Arusuno was loving the attention, and the kids seemed to be fascinated with him.

I was initially a little worried when I came up with this plan, I have to admit. Armadillos aren't exactly the most traditionally visually appealing creatures, so I'm so glad the kids really seem to be taking a liking to him. Once the kids settled down a bit, they took their seats once more, and a number of them motioned and beckoned him to sit by them. Arusuno happily chose a seat, much to the ire of the kids he decided not to sit next to, and climbed up so that his front claws were steadying the rest of his body on the desk.

The teacher silenced the class and began the lesson.

"Our first topic for review will be sealing jutsu. Nobuya, would you like to explain your experience with sealing to the class?"

"Yes, thank you very much Kauna-sensei. When I was at the Academy, sealing always really interested me, and I decided to start experimenting with my own jutsu and sealing formulae at home. I started off simple enough, with delaying jutsu and manipulating chakra, but now I can do stuff like this."

Ox, Boar, Dog.

A sizable semicircle of water decorated partially with a seal formed to my right, and without looking, I took out a kunai and threw it into the shield. The kunai stopped in the water, floated for a second, and then the whole jutsu collapsed into a seal. There were a couple of reactions, but it seemed a little more subdued than I might've hoped for.

Well, maybe this'll be more interesting. Ox, Boar, Dog.

Once more, the shield appeared, this time to my left. But this time, rather than me throwing a kunai, the teacher stepped up, and started to make some hand signs of her own. I could see the students were excited to see her jutsu, and honestly, so was I. We hadn't practiced before, but she was going to be using one of her less powerful, more flashy jutsu, so hopefully there wouldn't be any problems, and it might get the kids excited.

A stream of lightning streaked out from her hands, arcing its way towards the shield. In an instant, it hit the shield, and the shield dropped, having successfully absorbed the jutsu. I breathed a sigh of relief. It had actually worked.

I walked over to the first seal I had made, explaining, "Now, the two shields you just saw are exactly the same. And yet," I continued as I unsealed the seal, "the kunai reemerges unaffected. Free for me to use. But I can't exactly use other people's jutsu can I? Especially not when it's a cool lightning style jutsu outside of my natural chakra natures."

I walked over to the other side of the class, preparing to unseal the lighting-infused seal. Somewhat frightened by the possibility of lightning being preserved, a number of students instinctively leaned back as I moved closer to the seal. Except of course for Arusuno, who leaned forward. When the seal was undone, nothing but a harmless burst of chakra was released.

"You see, when the seal absorbs foreign chakra, it can break it down, meaning that I'm safe from harm from both weapons and jutsu, but I can use their weapons against them."

The response was still a bit muted, but I looked around, and I noticed a few kids seemed a bit excited. The instructor spoke up once more.

"Ok everyone, bring out your scrolls. Koga, did you forget yours again? Don't worry, I brought some extra just in case, but next time you might not be so lucky. I want everyone to find a partner and practice having one person seal something and the other person unseal it. Remember, we're just practicing standard sealing and unsealing. Ok, everyone: Begin!"

WC: 1044

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.