You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sons of the Leaf. Empty Sons of the Leaf. Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:50 pm

Takao

Takao

S-rank
Sons of the Leaf. D6ehE4O

A ceaselessly steady rhythm of heavy footsteps filled empty halls, echoing to fill every corner and crevasse. He was busy-- this was not unusual, given the monumental responsibility he had taken on-- but he was busy in an unexpected regard as of late. Individuals were flocking the village, again, not unusual at surface level, but the context of their arrival was interesting, if not concerning. Defectors, shinobi deemed 'missing in action', and 'travelers' who had decided to abandon the village that had invested into their training. Those such individuals were in worrisome abundance.

The soles of his boots pounded against the concrete floor; his pace was not leisurely, not was it hasty, it was a healthy middle ground, walking with purpose to their destination. Not unlike an incident that occurred just a few days prior, a shinobi was being held for questioning. This time, however, there was a personal connection that demanded his presence. He had a personal, deep-seeded hatred for defectors and deserters, and the intensity of such passion only swelled when his own flesh and blood found itself mixed into the equation.

Captain Heizo, one of many commanding members of the Hidden Leaf's countless Black Ops divisions, had informed him that an individual, making the claim that they were one 'Suutei Kimura', was currently being held in custody of the ANBU in the Heizo Questioning Chambers. He hadn't heard the name in years and nearly hadn't the mind to recall the memory from his subconscious, but upon doing so, he was directed to the 'tenth' floor of the aforementioned interrogation building, hidden deep within the core of the Hokage Monument's mountain. Down ten flights of steps and through a plethora of winding, labryinth-esque hallways lead Takao to a solid metal door with a closed slot at eye level.

Perhaps the occupants of that particular room might have felt the overbearing demeanor that he carried before they heard or saw him, residual wisps of the Black Origin Threshold spilling out unconsciously en route, creating a noticeably oppressive pressure in the air. His black eyes, cold as the corridor he stood in, stared unwavering at the numbers, 'ten-oh-three', emblazoned into the steel of the door.

He did not knock, and instead reached for the handle. It was unlocked. He pushed it inward and was greeted by the sight of a dimly lit room, illuminated by a single ceiling light dangling above a metal table. Concrete eclipsed the room on all sides, floor and ceiling included. The Black Ops' interrogation rooms were not meant to be warm, nor were they meant to be inviting, comfortable, pleasant. They were built to break a man down psychologically, to place them in such a hostile environment that they would exhaust themselves on their own discomfort, and eventually, they would speak. It wasn't necessarily needed in this case, merely a show of power, a demonstration to set the pace of the conversation that had yet to come.

Takao stepped inside and closed the door behind him without his gaze leaving the individual in the room. Dressed in what at a glance appeared to be the traditional Jōnin getup, a second glance would reveal it was darker, the unsaturated green was dark, almost black to match his underclothing. The sleeves of his undershirt were rolled up to his elbows, displaying the myriad of scars that decorated the surface of his arms. His neutral expression revealed nothing, not a semblance of emotion or intention given away. His arms folded at his chest, and his gaze lingered on the form of the room's only other occupant.

"We have a lot to discuss."

TOTAL WC

2Sons of the Leaf. Empty Re: Sons of the Leaf. Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:01 am

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank

Suutei's return to the Village Hidden in the Leaf was by far no walk in the park. His original intentions involved stopping by his parents' home and surprising them of his homecoming. Taking a trip to both of his alma mater to visit a few folks. Show his Mentor around the Village, the only one he'd in fact never visited in his forty-two years of life.  Find out how to rejoin the ranks of Konohagakure, and take up leading his own Squad of Genin. Find a nice girl who he could get to know, and maybe even inevitably settle down with said girl. It had been years since he’d been in Konoha, and he had a lot of things to catch up on. Yet, instead of a warm welcome from his parents, rekindling of old flames, and the quest for love.

The young man with the streak of white hair sat uncomfortably in a chair cold as ice. A low hanging light fixture provided just enough visibility for the young man to make out shapes. It was strenuous on the eyes of a normal person, but what contents lied in this room did not pique his interest in the slightest. It made more sense for him to meditate, and reinforce his psyche in preparation for what was to come. It wasn’t the first interrogation that he’d been in, and it would be no different from those. He closed his eyes focusing all of his energy on his breathing, biding his energy until he felt weightless until he was unable to feel any tangible thing in his vicinity.

A few moments passed and he’d given up on his meditation. It wasn’t easy to focus his mind when his thirst longed to be quenched and his belly required substance. “Whoever’s out there do you mind fetching me a drink, preferably some kind of fruit juice, been trying to cut back on the sugar!” He called out to receive no answer. His hands were bound suggesting that they wanted to minimize the likelihood of him getting physical, but he wasn’t that kind of livewire these days. That being said this allowed him to infer he was dealing with someone who knew him well. That, someone, was now entering the room via a heavy metal door.

The color spectrum of their clothing was literally the opposite of his own. Colors dark enough to mask them under the cover of night, and make them stick out like a sore thumb in the day. “Oh. Well, look at that I called for Room Service and got the twenty-four-hour concierge. Glad you’re here actually, looks like my room’s mini fridge hasn't been restocked.” He said with a coy smirk across his lips, he loved these cheesy bad cop routines with the ANBU. He moved his legs, tucking one under the other to make himself more comfortable. As his body slowly ascended into the air and hovered in that exact spot.

A cheeky smiled spread across his lips. He hovered above his seat trying to get a good look at his questioner. The glow of the light was angled perfectly to mask this figures identity from the neck up, while at the same time radiating over Suutei revealing every little detail. He took two things away from the strangers' sudden entrance. Clue one, he had many scars on his arms, similar to the ones that lined his back. Clue two, the tone of their voice; deep, brash, and monotone with no syllable being overemphasized. “I agree we have lots to talk about, so how about we start with our names. Hi. I’m Suutei, and you are?” He said while behaving impishly, he threw his head to the side moving the tuft of white hair out of his eye.

TOTAL WC

3Sons of the Leaf. Empty Re: Sons of the Leaf. Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:59 am

Takao

Takao

S-rank

Nothing about their initial reaction sparked a change in expression. Even as the shinobi before him hovered off the ground, Takao's eyes stayed cold as ice, black, piercing hues boring into the target of their fixation with uncomfortable ease. Eye contact was not something he would shy away from, quite the opposite in fact, it was a useful tool when so few were willing to reciprocate. It made their positions in the interaction's hierarchy clear, or so he believed.

"Suutei Kimura," Takao said, making it abundantly clear that the introductions were unnecessary, for Takao knew everything there was to know in that regard.

"I know your name. Former shinobi of the Hidden Leaf. At some point, you left the village, joined the Hidden Stone, and became Captain of the Monoliths." It took a considerable amount of energy not to roll his eyes as his sentence came to a close, forced to taste the name of another village's pointless organization on his tongue as he spoke. They were in unfortunate abundance with precious little purpose beyond providing the members with a sensation of elite. Of course, he didn't know the exact inner workings of the minds that developed them or the minds that partook in their activities, so his opinions were merely assumption.

Takao's hand gripped the back of the empty hair closest to him, opposite of Suutei, and pulled it out. He sat down, rested his back straight against the chair, all without his gaze leaving Suutei for even an observable instant.

"I'm uninterested in introductions." Takao admitted, his arms folding at his chest.

"I want to know what a ranking member of the Hidden Stone-- namely a former Leaf shinobi-- is doing here."

As he spoke, chakra flared in his gut and coursed through the pathways in his body leading skyward. Circulating behind his eyes, the black orbs flared, shimmered, and were lit aflame like the spark of a match. Onyx hues were replaced with orange and red, flickering and glowering like fire itself. The Eye of Cinder rested firmly on Suutei, Takao's own manner of 'introduction', although the true purpose was twofold. As he stared firmly at Suutei's face, he intended to read even the most minute shifts in temperature, and keep on eye on potential lies. Moreover, he knew that Suutei would be aware of what his eyes meant, and what he was doing, acting was both a warning, and a deterrent.

"I expect your answer to be thorough, and honest."

TOTAL WC
+420

4Sons of the Leaf. Empty Re: Sons of the Leaf. Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank

The young man could feel a shiver down his spine, from the unnerving feeling of being watched. While he couldn’t see this man’s eyes, he knew that he was watching him. It didn’t bother the young man in the slightest actually, but the fact he couldn’t see his face creeped him out a bit. The boy swung his head from side to side playfully. He closed his eyes but not as a sign of submission to fear, but more so to mock this man that sat before him. Knowing that this man couldn’t kill him without Suutei giving him what he wanted. He knew this man couldn’t kill him based on the fact he knew he was needed, otherwise they wouldn’t be having this little chitchat now. As a former ANBU member he knew all too well the tricks of the trade, and the dirt on their hands ‘for the sake of the village’.

If he didn’t know any better last he checked it sounded as if he were a wanted shinobi. Although, when it crossed his mind he technically is considered a ‘Missing Ninja’ by Iwagakure standards. Deserting a Village without a formal discharge was frowned upon in the ninja world. He was very familiar with the process because, he was discharged from the Ranks of Konohagakure by Sousetsu Senju himself. Who the young man presumed was the currently active Hokage in Office. Although that was many years ago, he hadn’t kept tabs on his hometown, nor did he choose to indulge in the international dealings between Iwagakure and Konohagakure. “Oh please just call me Suu, you should know that anyway. It’s not like this is our first time.” He replied still making light of the situation.

“You’ve done your homework, but I don’t think you studied for the test. I didn’t just leave the village buddy, I was given permission to sever my allegiance to the village, I was given a formal audience with Lord Sousetsu himself years ago.” He snarled with nothing but facts for his ass. He felt his ego get stroked a little bit, by his notable achievement of becoming Captain. He led plenty of skirmishes and covert operations with the Monoliths. Event still nothing that would ever jeopardize his relations with his hometown. “You know I still find it funny that you know so much about me, but being we are so well acquainted. Why do you feel the need to hide your face in the shadows?” He prodded his captor for his own questions to be answered.

He could feel the chakra coursing through his captors’ body, the pressure alone was suffocating. ‘I can handle this, it’s the oldest trick in the book.’ He thought to himself enveloping himself in a thin layer of charka, protecting himself from choking on the air in the room. From within those shadows where his captor sat, it looked as if two orbs were lit ablaze. It looked awfully familiar to the aftermath of Suutei using the Kimura clan Dojutsu. To put this theory to the test he closed his eyes, allowing his chakra to flow gracefully to his eyes. The young man’s crystal blue iris was set ablaze in the light, similar to the burning of a high quality cigar. Suutei hadn’t trained his eye to perfection, but his skill was intermediate at best.

“Oh would you look at that, you are a Kimura, a skilled one at that.” He was rejoiced to be in the presence of his own kind. Another Son of the Leaf, made this predicament even more interesting. The two figures in the room locked eyes for what felt like forever, the only sound that could be heard was a low cackling of fire. “You want me to give you answers, but who’s to say I won’t lie to you. And even if I didn’t why exactly do I have to explain myself, after all this is a test after all.” He retorted while keeping the inappropriately cheery tone to his voice.

“But, for a fellow family member of course I will oblige the request.” He reassured that his captor would get what he wanted, but he’d have to earn every bit of it. “I’m here because I miss my Village, I miss the people, and I miss the food. Is it so hard to comprehend someone missing their homeland.” He replied with joy, even though his honest was true the thrill of interrogation was fun. He was a bit of a sadist when it came to these situations, he wanted to what exactly his clansmen’s angle was. This was a dilemma he had with his clan, and their extreme sense of nationalism.

TOTAL WC

803/1448

5Sons of the Leaf. Empty Re: Sons of the Leaf. Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:20 pm

Takao

Takao

S-rank

"Cheeky," Takao said, his monotone voice rumbling deep in his chest, in response to the quip that Suutei offered in response.

Takao's hands steeped on the desk. His eyes that glowered in the shadows, clear as day in contrast to the majority of his body that was obscured, only his bare, scarred forearms and hands immediately visible in the light. His body didn't move, no shaking or idly twitching, almost as if he were a statue or a corpse. It was subtle, but noticeable enough to a trained eye.

"I don't like cheeky."

Slowly reclining into the back of the chair he sat, Takao let silence overtake them for a moment, lamenting on what he was told. Takao knew the full story. He knew that 'permission' had been granted. He knew that, for all intents and purposes at the time, it was a legal departure from the village. However, one trifecta of words from that thought lingered. At the time.

He let Suutei continue, let him prod and poke with questions atop questions, letting him fall into the false sense that he had any semblance of power in determining where their conversation went. Talk and talk, Takao merely listened quietly, his eyes never once twitching or moving from the object of their complete fixation, just like his body.

Then, Takao stood. He moved around the table with purpose, only taking four steps to reach Suutei. His hand rose, reaching for his kinsmen's shirt collar. He wasn't using the fullest extent of his physical capabilities to do so, but it was more than enough, he reckoned, to catch Suutei off guard, and if he did, his other hand would grab for Suutei's own right arm. In the same motion, he would pull his collar down and pin Suutei's arm behind his back, forcing him up against the wall, and grip his wrist hard enough to pinch the radius and ulna of his forearms.

"I will make myself perfectly clear," Takao said, words escaping like venom, enunciation of particular syllables more emphasized to express the severity of the situation.

"Do not overestimate your importance to me," Takao said, digits curling tightly around the fabric intertwined betwixt them.

"I don't give a shit what any of the old Hokage said or did. The Leaf has been plagued for over a decade with incompetent leadership, and I have every intention to change that. Right now, you're a massive security risk, your life is in my fuckin' hands, and I'm looking for reasons not to scrub the floor with your face-- and if you make one more quip, I swear to the Sage, I will shove your arm so far up your ass that you'll be able to work your mouth like a puppet." Squeezing the limb a bit more, Takao's arms flexed and he pushed Suutei harder against the wall.

"Now, if the next words out of your mouth aren't "I understand, Sir", then I will make your arm bend in ways you never imagined possible. Do you understand?"

Takao would wait for Suutei's response, fully intend on living up to his threats if he was not given the answer he demanded. If he was, he would continue.

"I want to know--" Takao said, squeezing Suutei's arm tightly again. "--and you better not fucking lie--"

"I'm not stupid enough to believe that you're just visiting home right after the Hokage was assassinated. Coincidence is bullshit. Who sent you? Was it Tsuyo? Or was it the new Tsuchikage?" The guttural tone of his voice was in stark contrast to the monotone he'd worn so effortlessly earlier.

"Why shouldn't I burn you down into a nice pile of fuckin' ash right here?"

TOTAL WC
+635

6Sons of the Leaf. Empty Re: Sons of the Leaf. Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:31 pm

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank

"Trust me I can tell you don’t like cheeky.” He retorted sarcastically while rolling his eyes, as he let out a half-suppressed laugh. He felt a clench around his shirt collar, a firm grip on his wrist, and a forceful slam against the nearby cold cement wall. The abrupt motion, was so fast it left him in a head spin. Unexpectedly, to even his own surprise, he burst out into a fit of laughter from the assault. “HAHAHAA! Oh, Ow Oh! HAHAHAAA! Hey come on now were family is that a reason to be so rough!” He mocked his kinsmen’s overplayed interrogation tactics, in an attempt to rile the man up some more. Even though it had been a long time since he’d been home, he knew a majority of everyone in his family, and he would discover this one’s identity sure enough.

“You are much more energetic now than you were earlier. I’m loving this hehe!” He teased again as he felt the pressure in his forearm pinch in the most minute of places. He let every word resonate throughout his being, as the bigger male spoke directly into his ear. The warm moisture from his breath tickling his earlobe, forcing him to double over in hysteria. “Well what do you know! Here I was thinking I had the problem with authority. Just goes to show were more alike than I thought. Haha.” Suutei’s laughter remained persistent while in his clutches. Playing dangerously with fire at this point, he continued, “Sounds like a struck a nerve there eh?” He made breaking his arm sound more and more tempting to his interrogator.

“Well. That’s an interesting bit of information you shared there. Was the assassination your fault too?” he teased feeling the man’s grip become excruciatingly tight. “Ow ow, come on now how’re you going to get your answers huh? Well I can share with you that I have no idea who this Tsuyo is, I’m actually what some would call a Deserter to the Hidden Stone Village at this point. I’m actually seeking refuge if you want the complete truth, I was hiding out in the Hidden Sand Village, before it was mixed into the sand if you catch my drift.” He gulped remembering the entire village being razed into nothingness, barely a trace of anything remaining that was there. The memory was a bit daunting to say the least, things got out of control really sudden that day.  

He thought to himself about whether or not it would matter if he explained why he left Iwagakure, but at this point how bad could things be. “Huh, a new Tsuchikage? Now I’m hurt on the outside and the inside, and after everything I did for that village; you think you know a guy huh?” He rambled on as his eyes wandered the room, and knew things would get out of hand pretty soon. “Alright cut me a deal eh? Haggle with me for a bit. If you are able to put in a word for my citizenship to be reinstated, I’ll share with you all as much as I learned while serving in Iwagakure.” He awaited an answer believing he could foresee his response.  

Should the interrogator oblige and concede to the deal Suutei would willingly share the following. “Well while I’m not one hundred percent sure whether this was a direct order from Lord Akira at the time, but I got word that they were staging an attack against Konohagakure. I was meant to take point on this attack, but when this info was brought to me, I declined and snuck out of the village that same night. Which now leads me to wonder, could the assassination of the Hokage...Hmm.” He explained as he tried to map out the bits and pieces of everything that transpired prior to him going into hiding. He actually was genuinely concerned on whether or not the Hidden Stone would still try to invade the Fire Country. If that were to happen it surely would spark some chaos, potentially starting a world war stemming from this assassination.

"Well now that I know you are the Interim Hokage, what can you expect to do to change the way things have been." He asked an honest question, that he believed wasn't asked enough of the Kage. Something his mentor questioned a lot, usually when he was drunk, but it had a deeper meaning. He felt that same hate and frustration for the Kage from this man when he questioned their leadership. "I'm curious what did you think about our own, as the Hokage. I idolized him for quite awhile, and I even met him once while serving Iwagakure. He was...interesting to say the least. I still have a high respect for him, but I'm my own man now." He went on to share his personal thoughts, while still pinned to the cold cement.

TOTAL WC

838/2286

7Sons of the Leaf. Empty Re: Sons of the Leaf. Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:54 am

Takao

Takao

S-rank

Takao's grip tightened and his eyes narrowed as Suutei laughed, retorting a sarcastic remark in response despite the warnings he gave. Slowly, Takao's hand moved from Suutei's shirt, and instead shoved his right shoulder into the wall, pressing just above his shoulder blade. Slowly, Takao lifted Suutei's arm, using the leverage to place stress on the joint and socket of his shoulder. He'd feel the cartilage whine and creak as it bent unnaturally, grinding the humeral head and greater tubercle against the scapular coracoid process and acromion, not dislocated just yet nor would it be if Suutei resisted, as the point was to inflict pain, not damage.

He could break him. The pain Takao could inflict on his fellow man was incredible, even without the aid of techniques, purely with his own two hands. The Black Ops were adept at various manners of torture, investigation, and interrogation, and during Takao's time in the organization, he was a specialist. He had sliced a man's stomach open and dug his hands around beneath the ribcage, twisted bones into dust, left joints and sockets irreparable. He'd left men crippled, mangled, and mentally broken.  Even the strongest of men would whimper when their limbs were bent backwards and their ribs were left sticking out of their chests. He could do it to Suutei here and now, break the tough act he put up, but he wouldn't.

Slowly, Takao's grip weakened, and he released Suutei's arm before any damage could be done. He hadn't meant it to be a show of power. He wanted to break it and prove that his threats were not empty. But a voice in the back of his head kept him from moving forward; one different from the usual. It was Fuyuko's, expressing her expected disappointment with the treatment he'd given Suutei. She had a way about her that made him question the brutality that came to him as though it was second nature. A way that made him want to rise above it. To be better.

"I don't put in a good word for your reinstatement," Takao said.

"I decide. If you're expecting to have even a sliver of a chance to have your citizenship given back, then you'll divulge what you know."

Takao stepped back when Suutei had finished, only releasing him properly then, and glared with his glowering, fiery eyes through the sheer darkness. He ignored the quips, the sarcasm, and the attempts to push his buttons. They didn't matter, nor did they strike any nerves. His expression was as cold and statuesque as his posture was.

"When did you get these orders? Where did the orders to stage an attack on the Leaf come from? Who did you get this information from?" He asked, focusing on the trace amounts of important information that Suutei let slip amidst his sarcasm. His words were not spoken hastily, but calmly, sternly, and cold like ice in complete monotone. Takao was, after all, a man of great focus, like a hawk zeroing in on its prey.

Ten years ago, he had fallen prey to this sort of trap. He took the bait that was handed to him and nearly died himself as a result. But, more than that, he almost lead his people into a foolish war. He had no reason to trust Suutei, not yet, he couldn't afford to run head first into these sort of claims again.

"Moreover, what reason do I have to believe you?" Retreating further into the complete darkness, Takao's eyes remained locked on Suutei. No movement he made would escape Takao's scrupulous glower.

He chose his words carefully, and chose what he responded to carefully. Revealing more information than what was necessary not only compromised the interrogation itself, but it wasted time. There were specific things he cared to know more about, and precious little he cared to educate Suutei on, at least presently. From within the darkness, Takao's glowing eyes held their glare.

"You were given these orders, but you fled to the Hidden Sand instead of returning here to inform the village of this potential attack. Regardless of their legitimacy or who they came from, you held information that could have been of great benefit to the village-- could have saved lives-- but you chose not to use it."

"Why?"

wc

740 | 2,410

8Sons of the Leaf. Empty Re: Sons of the Leaf. Wed May 01, 2019 4:59 pm

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank

[color=#009999]“Yowza that’s a good one I really feel the tension in my shoulders and arms just disappear.” Suutei bluffed but internally writhed in pain from the abrasive treatment. In fear that whoever his interrogator was could have completely ripped his arm from his it’s socket. There was no resistance when matched against this other Kimura, just his strength alone was on a whole other level. ‘Who the hell is this guy, with this kind of muscle, he’d be a problem even for Takao I’m sure of it.’ He bickered with himself while remaining tentative, and keeping his wits about him in this interrogation. The adolescent Kimura tried unwinding his arm back, loosening up a bit more before attempting to act irrationally.

Suutei contemplated would his next move be worth it, and whether would even be able to pull it off. His fellow clansmen was obviously more seasoned in the art of war, but Suutei wouldn’t let that deter him although the thought of spontaneously attacking was nerve wrecking. He would feel more at ease if his tools hadn’t been confiscated upon his detainment. ‘What kind of shit has this guy been through, that he believes his own kin would betray his family.’ His clansmen didn’t seem satisfied with the information presented to him. He knew exactly where this interrogation was going, it wasn’t like he had much of a choice, but he preferred not to reflect too much on the past.

His interrogator backed away which he assumed was his way of showing mercy, but Suutei shrugged off the shitty gesture of compassion he didn’t need it. The young man reached down for the chair that was overturned from the recent surprise assault, and plopped down before this mysterious stranger. He started to rapidly tap his foot in place as a sign of frustration. This man before him was beginning to make his blood boil, and every exhale of oxygen contained small embers. His memories were beginning to replay in his mind, his heart beating faster from the thought, he could feel himself slipping into that dark state again.

“Do you wanna know how I got this?” He said while running his fingers through his hair repeatedly through the white patch. “My best friend was a talking reindeer who could walk on his hind legs. Sweet little guy. Couldn’t harm a fly even if he tried.” He paused while gnawing at his own lip hard enough to draw a bit of blood. “Well those subordinates that I commanded during my tenure as Monolith Captain, didn’t want the word getting back to me from Chopper about their ‘special’ assignment.” He paused again as he licked the blood clean from his lip, thinking back to that dreadful night. “I walked in on their little get together that night where they severed his head from his shoulders, his arms from his torso, and his torso from his legs.” He spat as his burning gaze looked skyward to the man.

He began to shake uncontrollably for a little while before he let out a light chuckle. “You want to know what I did to my men that night when I found my friend’s limbs scattered about?” He looked up with a grin spreading from ear to ear, his eyes burning irises burning brightly through the shadows, as his laugh echoed throughout the structure beyond their chamber. “I tortured those bastards, day in and day out, every single one of them, and their families too. I set fire to those bastards’ souls one by one, until there was nothing left but a building full of ash!” He shouted as tears rolled down his cheeks, yet his vindictive smile remained plastered across. He looked into the eyes of his clansmen making him sick to his stomach, his almighty demeanor sickening him.

The young man threw his chair away unintentionally sending it towards the hanging fixture. The chair shattered the flickering bulb in the process, although he knew it wouldn’t make this man flinch. Nor would it bother him whatsoever, not with the special eyes they possessed. He’d stepped to his clansmen, the height difference was fairly noticeable, but it didn’t discourage him in the slightest. Suutei didn’t need to see the man’s face clearly to know he still had that stale mug, and the thought alone pushed another smile onto his face as he asked cheerily. “Why so serious?”

TOTAL WC

750/3036

9Sons of the Leaf. Empty Re: Sons of the Leaf. Sat May 18, 2019 9:42 pm

Takao

Takao

S-rank

Takao listened to Suutei speak, clearly growing emotional as he relayed his odd, cartoonish tale. If he hadn't leveled Ibugan's gaze on him and studied the fluctuating temperatures of his face, he might've thought he was lying, given just how outlandish the entire story sounded at face value. He wasn't sure what the point of including the odd detail about the 'talking reindeer' was meant to add, perhaps some method of masking a lie, but at the end of the story, he realized something.

"I don't care." He said flatly, so close to the end of Suutei's story that he'd nearly interrupted him. Ibugan faded from his visage and the dull black hues returned, no longer visible.

"If you have another outburst like that, I'll assume that you've become hostile. I'm already doing you a favour by giving you the opportunity to explain yourself." Takao said as he stepped forward, steading the overhead fixture after Suutei's brief tantrum. Then he moved to the chair that Suutei had thrown, lifted it with one hand, and set it back down on the opposite side of the table.

"Sit." He said, forcefully grabbing Suutei's shoulder if the command wasn't obeyed, and shoved him into the chair, provided that no resistance was given that would change his course of action. He decided to refocus the topic of conversation.

"I didn't ask about your friend or what happened to the squad. I don't care about them. What I asked was, why did you withhold this information from the Leaf?" Takao moved back around the table, sat himself down once more, and stared straight at Suutei. His scrupulous gaze had grown cold, distant from expression, but focused.

"Why did it not occur to you that the Leaf might find it imperative to know that Iwagakure was planning on mounting an offensive against us? And if it did occur to you, yet you withheld the information regardless, what possessed you to think that they wouldn't send another squad? You were cowering in the Hidden Sand, after all. Not much you could've done to stop them from there."

The hole Suutei dug for himself grew deeper each time the young shinobi opened his mouth, and it was becoming clear that every tiny detail he gave or withheld did not escape Takao's vigilant eyes.

"An ignorant shinobi is just as dangerous as a malicious one. You aren't going to get any slack by playing dumb." His scarred hand slowly tapped the metal table that separated them. Breath escaped in steady exhales. He was challenging Suutei, seeing how he did under pressure, and so far, it seemed like he was breaking. A product of the Hidden Stone's incompetence, he presumed, that a captain of their black ops division was so easily brought to tears over the death of a friend. Perhaps Takao's own experiences blinded him, but the trauma that left him so disassociated and devoid of empathy for Suutei was not trauma uncommon for ANBU of the Leaf. He had seen friends killed in brutal ways, lifted the limp and lifeless corpses of treasured allies, and watched the life fade from the eyes of the people he held most dear. Countless ANBU did. It was the life of a shinobi.

"One reason." Takao said, leaning forward so that his face was visible under the hanging light.

"Give me one reason not to kill you."

wc

585 | 2,995

10Sons of the Leaf. Empty Re: Sons of the Leaf. Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:02 am

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank

The flat tone emitted from the interrogator's lips almost sent him into a frenzy. He couldn’t keep this man from pushing his damn buttons. Suutei drove his fist into the concrete the impact was strong enough to leave an impression of his fist. He hardly felt anything even though he plunged his fist through concrete. He hadn’t even noticed his captor waiting for him at the table. Suutei realized that this whole time he’d been making a fool of himself. All of this frustration from being cooped up in this room was messing with his psyche.

“Yeah. Sure whatever. I apologize I’m a bit more sensitive to things that I used to be.” He said as his eyes faded back to their natural color.

The young man took his place across from Takao at the table. He flopped down to the ground crossing his legs in the same motion. Instead of his backside slamming against the concrete, he’d instead begin floating slightly above the table. Arms crossed as he tried to mellow out for the sake of his sanity. His mind was still clouded about his original motives following his actions that dreadful night. The young man hadn’t in the slightest considered forewarning his home village of the impending attack. As young as he was at the time his emotions simply overpowered his reasoning.

“I can’t say exactly why I wasn’t able to warn the Leaf of the impending attack. I guess being as young as I was, it made sense that if I stopped the inception of the attack. Perhaps, everything would be fine. Granted I realize that was all on a hunch, and it’s very fortunate the Village hasn’t incurred any major faults in my absence.” He yammered on trying to lay out his thoughts as precisely as he could.

Suutei started pondering back and forth on whether his decision was right. Whether he should have confronted Akira about the attack. Could things have been different, did he not have to live in hiding from Iwagakure, could he have finally dedicated these last couple years to self-stabilization? As nice as those things sounded, it was all a pipe dream, as was the idea of normal life in the shinobi world. He’d thought he had gotten over the idea of life outside of shinobi work, the last few years with Juunto made a big difference in shaping his outlook on life.

“I understand now that what I did wasn’t enough to ensure the safety of my home. For that, I am dreadfully sorry for my lack of loyalty to not only my Clan but to the Village and my home Country. And, before you jump the gun I understand it may seem like I’ve done a complete one-eighty. I truthfully am just now realizing that severe consequences could have followed because of my lack of proactivity.” He said analyzing the elder Kimura’s words, his eyes fixed on the silhouette in the darkness.

It was becoming more frustrating for him to learn exactly who was sent by his clansmen to interrogate him. Who of all people could have come to chastise him for his disloyalty? His father? No, it couldn’t be his father, the man was a politician he never possessed the sense of honor and pride that came with being a shinobi. But he’d finally understood what was going on here at this moment, and for lack of a better term, he was appreciative now.

“T-Takao-sama. I-I…Ahem.” He sighed gathering his thoughts before he just outright made more of a fool out of himself.

“I’m actually very fortunate that you are actually the one who’s been here the whole time. It’s somewhat easier to explain to you my reasoning for my actions. Although inexcusable, since I was thirteen years old, I’ve aspired to be like you. I used to constantly ask myself how Takao would handle this situation, and would he be content with his decision. Well, that sense of wanting to fill someone’s else shoes took a toll on me. I lost myself by trying to be someone I’m not.” He bantered on taking a moment to catch himself. His gaze was soft and docile as it fixed on his role model sitting before him.

“I can never be like you Takao-sama. It’s not in my blood, which is why I’ve dedicated my life to improving to be the best person I can be to the people around me. Although, if my life’s journey is meant to end here then, I can at least say I am content with it being at the hands of my idol.” He closed with nothing further to say to his kin. Everything he felt like he needed to say had been left out on the table. Figuratively speaking he didn’t know what else Takao expected out of him.

TOTAL WC

840/3876

11Sons of the Leaf. Empty Re: Sons of the Leaf. Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:46 pm

Takao

Takao

S-rank

He didn't like the answers he got, he wished that there was a fluctuation in Suutei's face to tell him they were a lie. When it came to shinobi, he hated to see weakness worn so readily. It was hypocritical of him to think so, at least in private, but he hardly expected shinobi to be machines in all aspects of their life. Merely their careers did he expect an unrealistic degree of professionalism that he rarely saw.

He preferred malice. Hatred. Anger. He was familiar with them. They were more predictable than the mind of a fool, or the mind of a child. He wasn't fully sure where Suutei laid in that barometer within his head but he knew for certain that his reckless decisions were not born from malice, nor idiocy. Takao sucked in a breath, exhaled it slowly afterward, and forced his head to bob into a nod.

"This is an important learning opportunity for your career as a shinobi. Our enemies will not be gracious and they will not be kind. They will use even the smallest modicum of weakness that you show them, and abuse it in every way they can." Takao stood from the chair and moved to the far end of the room, where the heavy steel door laid, and rapped twice on its surface. As he did, lights in the ceiling illuminated the rest of the cold concrete room.

"We were lucky that whatever assault they had planned ended with your retribution. I have my doubts that we'll be so lucky to stop an attack before it buds again." Takao turned half-way to Suutei and stared at him behind cold pools of boundless obsidian.

"It'll sound cliché, you've probably even realized it yourself by now, but don't aim to be like me." The weight of his words were heavier on his own mind than he imagined they would be in Suutei's. Takao wasn't normal, he was far from the typical shinobi, and he did not consider it to be an explicitly good thing. Far from it, in fact, did he consider it to be anything but negative. He was an anomaly, a tool meant to die for the village and nothing short of that. The world had grown soft with peace and it was his self-assigned responsibility to be what the Hidden Leaf needed to survive, to give everything when the time came.

"You won't do yourself any favours by using me to create a glass ceiling for yourself. Besides. You'd have to be fucking nuts to want to be like me." While he spoke, the metal door clicked loudly and creaked open. Two ANBU Operatives stood flanked on either side of the threshold outside, turned to face inward to the room.

"If you want to keep sitting in here for the rest of the day, you're welcome to. Otherwise, you'll have to get up and follow me if you want to be reinstated."

[ THREAD EXITED ]

505/3,500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.