You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Will of Freedom [Invite Only] Empty The Will of Freedom [Invite Only] Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:24 pm

Noxxi

Noxxi

D-rank
Her chest burned, her legs hurt, there was a stitch in her side. Yet, no matter the coughing fit that claimed her, her lungs half filled with fluid as another relapse into her sickness had occurred just weeks ago, she knew she couldn’t stop running. Several weeks prior, while wandering near the outskirts of Kirigakure, Noxxi had found herself surrounded by far too many individuals to fight off: some women, but mostly men. They were human traffickers, the sort that kidnapped what they considered easy prey and sold them off at private auctions for various purposes include household servants, farm workers, and so forth. There had been almost little to nothing the frail and sickly child could do to defend herself against such odds and in the end she had found herself chained and bound and tossed into the back of a covered wagon with several other victims that had met a similar fate to her own. Blindfolded and bound as she was she had no way of knowing where they were taking her: able to only measure the distance and direction through making note of the various turns they made, the various unique and different smells that reached her nose along the way, and the bumps in the road. She paid attention to everything she could, hoping to use it at the first chance she got to make her way home.

Unfortunately, it was a chance that wouldn’t come easily. When they made it to their destination, a prison-like structure that had been build underground within what seemed to be a large manor house, she found herself under lock and key or otherwise chained to others when being moved about and transported. Her captors had been smart, if nothing else, and quite a bit paranoid - especially when it came to Noxxi. As seemed to be a regular practice all new captives were stripped and showered, examined by a doctor that they brought in for such occasions to ensure that they were healthy and without deformities, and any belongings they had on them searched for valuables that could be sold or anything of interest that would give insight to those who might be looking for their victims. When it came to Noxxi the discovery her captors had made had brought terror into their hearts: her Kirigakure hitai-ate and her identification - her headband hadn’t been being warned when they stumbled across her, and she hadn’t been given a chance to identify herself. So it was a discovery that was unexpected and which meant that there was definitely going to be someone, or multiple someone’s, who would not only notice her absence but go looking for her. Conversations had abound about what to do with Noxxi: some thought that killing her and disposing of her body would be best, others thought that selling her off as quickly as possible would be in their favor, while even a few suggested going so far as to take her out into the middle of nowhere as far away from their current location as possible and setting her free. In the end, with no decision able to be made at the time, she had been left in the cell with the others, locked or chained, and kept under constant watch.

It had been a day or two into having been kidnapped that Noxxi found herself relapsing into her sickness, the first sign of which was the usual cough all too familiar with her that started up. With each passing day she felt her lungs slowly filling with fluid, and her coughing got worse. Without medical treatment the relapses became more severe than what was usual when it was caught early, and by the third week she was coughing blood and barely able to draw a single breath. With their usual doctor unable to come to them, they had to risk transporting her to him. She had traveled under heavy guard, but arriving at the hospital on what she realized was the outskirts of one of the more smaller villages of the country they couldn’t very well bring in the child gagged, bound, and blindfolded. The decision had been made to release her of her bindings and the like and to keep close by to her so that she didn’t escape. Threats against her life as well as the threat of pain and torture were whispered into her ear before they made their way inside. Yet, their plan was not foolproof: the child couldn’t be x-rayed and properly examined with five burly men with her, and so against their better judgement they had allowed her to enter into the x-ray laboratory alone. Instead of allowing the technician to examine her she had bolted before the man realized what was going on, darting into another room that was attached and exiting that way - thankfully down a hall on the opposite hallway of where her captors were. She hadn’t bothered to ask for help, she had not bothered to waste that time, knowing well that they would be after her the moment they realized she was free for now she knew what her captors looked like and knew their location to not be all that far away considering the relatively short trip to the hospital. But it was a grueling escape for the sickly child, and her medical ninjutsu skills were not up to the level needed to help her more than in a minor way.

So now she was running for her life, unaware if her captors were behind her any longer, not sure of how much further she had to make it. She was making for as straight a line from her previous destination as she could for Kirigakure, knowing the general location of the hidden village from where she had been due to many a day of boredom spent in hospital rooms trying to entertain herself when she was younger. She knew not to ask any civilian for help - they would either die or end up injured in the process, or could very well be in cahoots with the thugs who had kidnapped her - but she hoped that soon she would stumble upon a fellow Kirigakure shinobi: someone she could at least partially trust.

2The Will of Freedom [Invite Only] Empty Re: The Will of Freedom [Invite Only] Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:41 pm

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Deep blue hair bounced as a thin man and a large creature bounced through the village at pretty fast speeds. "My little girl, she needs our help Momaru." Strafe was furious and ready to deliver swift punishment to whoever was messing with one of his children. He couldn't believe someone had the nerve to try and hide it. The former Sannin and current seven swordsmen would be more than enough to deal with it. Momaru was just an added bonus. The grey skin of the lion shined as he kept pace with Strafe. One blue eye and one multicolored eye bounced around as they made a direct line to the place the information pointed to. They would pay for even touching a hair on his daughter's head. He would make sure of it. Noxxi was stronger than she looked and was quite tactical as well. He just hoped she was okay. He made sure to stop when he saw a group of jounin. "I want you to find Gattsu and Nobuya. Tell them to meet me in the forest near the doctor's office here." He pointed to it on a map he gave them as well. They nodded before disappearing quickly. The legendary shinobi then started moving again with Momaru close behind.

It didn't take long before he was out of the village, both staffs in hand as he sped up. He knew it wasn't far from here and the route they planned to take was easy to follow. It helps when you get the info from an underling who happened to be in the village. Not willing, but he gave it up. The duo zipped through trees at a blistering pace. The sun gleamed off the metal of his weapons as momaru started to snarl a bit. It seemed they were getting close. "I can smell Noxxi. The enemy is bit behind her, but they are gaining on her." That was all it took. Strafe took off like a canon at top speed, making the area around him seem like a blur. Momaru was quick on his heels as they close in on Noxxi. "They are right on her!" Momaru yelled forward and Strafe pushed a bit further for an little more speed. He dash straight past his daughter to meet a sword with his seven swordsmen blade. They bounced back as Strafe landed beside Momaru and the enemies grouped up.

There were four of them. They didn't seem to be too strong based on appearance, but he didn't really want to give them a chance. He knew Gattsu and Nobuya would be here soon to get Noxxi some medical help and back up in case more showed. Strafe leaned into his two staff style of fighting as Momaru got ready to pounce on one of them. Each of the enemy had a different weapon. A sword, a hammer, an axe, and a war fan. It seemed things could get hairy if they target her and not Strafe. "Momaru, watch over her. I've got these fools." He spoke calmly as Momaru moved back and wrapped his body around her. The lion never took his eyes off of the enemy. "My sweet child, I will protect you." The lion's deep base was soothing as he watched Strafe prepare himself.

The one with the war fan stepped forward and swung it, throwing a fuuton jutsu out that was actually pretty strong. Strafe immediately stabbed his bladed spear in the ground and used several hand signs. A wall of ice appeared in front of him almost instantly as it glistened brilliantly in the sunlight. The Aisu clan member smirked as he wasn't even trying yet. The wind jutsu collided against it and dissipated almost instantly. He was about to show them the meaning of pain. He jumped up to the top of the wall and spoke to them for the first time. "My name is Strafe Aisu, Former Sannin and Current Seven Swordsmen of our village. Cousin to the Mizukage. This is my daughter Noxxi. You made a mistake when you even thought of looking at her. You will be sorry." He sensed Gattsu and Nobuya approaching and that was his que. As soon as they would hit the clearing, Strafe would jump off the wall at blistering speeds towards the enemies. His turn to go on the offensive.

[737]

Chakra:430/450:

3The Will of Freedom [Invite Only] Empty Re: The Will of Freedom [Invite Only] Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:31 am

Gattsu

Gattsu

D-rank
Gattsu awoke earlier than normal, ready to tend to his log cutting duties. After putting on some pants and a belt, he moved about the inn, slowly making his way through the common room and kitchen to the side door. Swinging open to the chilliest morning Gattsu had seen in a while, he quickly doubled back for a shirt. Once he made it back out the door, he noticed how much of a toll the cold had taken on the inn in his absence. There was no more than a spindly pair of log chunks left in the lean-to serving as firewood. He was gonna work up a good sweat this morning, the shinobi's lib slowly curling into a smile as he picked up the old axe and headed for the log pile and splitting stump.  Log after log, the pile slowly whittled down to more and more manageable sizes. The storage filled up quickly, and Gattsu had already begun piling the rest in front. The sun his just begun to light the sky as Gattsu finished splitting the last of the wood before him. He quickly returned upstairs, passing by the innkeeper making breakfast as he ascended the stairwell to the bathroom, already stripping himself of his belt and shirt.

After a warm bath and a fresh change of clothes, Gattsu came back into the common room and sat at the counter, awaiting his lecture for allowing the wood into such a pitiful state. After about a minute, He looked over the counter to find only a quickly scribbled note from the innkeeper saying that she had to run to the market stalls for tomatoes. Excited for his lucky break, he rushed out the front door to make his escape before she returned to bog him down with another list of "help" for yet another weekend. Had Gattsu left the building any sooner, he would have missed the two jounin approaching the door, both recognizing him as he emerged.

"We were told to give this to you, and to tell you to hurry to the woods outside the doctors office. Orders straight from Strafe himself."

Extending his hand out with a map inside, Gattsu greedily snatched it up and checked the area he was supposed to go to. Familiar with a bit of the nearby woods, He made his route through the city running as fast as he could. As he reached the wall Gattsu climbed a pile of boxes, jumping and only barely grasping a place high enough to pull himself over. When he landed, he took his momentum in stride, rolling into a quick stand for a transition back to sprinting. Gattsu had only been running for about a minute before hearing a sound in the distance ahead. A loud noise, followed by a strong breeze indicated there was a fuuton user of some nature ahead. It was only as the breeze settled that Gattsu noticed the rustling behind him. Sliding to a stop and turning to face it, Gattsu asked the one question that was burning its way deeper and deeper into the threshold of his mind.

"Who are you, and why are you following me?"

[WC 532]

4The Will of Freedom [Invite Only] Empty Re: The Will of Freedom [Invite Only] Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:45 pm

Nobuya

Nobuya

D-rank
"Are you Nobuya Yomechiro?"

I stood up promptly, but with no idea why this jonin was here asking for me.

"Yes, sir?"

The ninja unfurled a map as he explained, "Strafe wants you to meet up with Gattsu and report to this location."

It took me a second to orient myself to the map, but I recognized that he was pointing to an area of forest I vaguely remembered.

I'm pretty sure that I had to go to the doctor's office near there to take care of a pretty nasty flu a while back. Memories are pretty hazy, but at least I know how to get there.

As the jonin put the map back in his pack, he told me, "You are to depart immediately. Gattsu has already left, so you should be able to meet him on the way."

I nodded, thanking him as I quickly made my hand signs and used the Body Flicker Technique to energize my body, giving myself a running start. It wasn't long before I saw Gattsu ahead of me. He was definitely much more physically capable than me, but training within our team was helping me learn how to move pretty quickly, if only to keep distance and dodge attacks. Gattsu had been mainly focusing on strength rather than speed lately, though he certainly wasn't slow given his style of taijutsu. Combined with the facts that I lived pretty close to the side of the village nearest to the rendezvous point and that I had used the Body Flicker Technique, it wasn't very hard to catch up, though he was still ahead of me for now.

From up ahead, I heard the sounds of a battle starting.

Are we under attack? No, that doesn't make sense. If the village was under attack, the jonin that told me to come here probably would've been in more of a hurry. Maybe Master Strafe just found some bandits or something? I mean, I'll be finding out soon enough, but should I prepare something? I have a bit of time still, I could probably prepare a substitution technique at least. Let's see, that log over there could-

My thoughts were interrupted by Gattsu's sudden proclamation of the question, "Who are you, and why are you following me?"

I had been looking around for a log, so I hadn't noticed Gattsu turning around to face me. Apparently, he didn't know it was me. Given that I was flying towards him, having just leapt off a tree branch moments before, he was gonna know soon enough. I angled my body in the air, launching myself over him by pushing down on his shoulder as my momentum carried me past.

I landed on the side of the tree, sliding down a bit before remembering to channel chakra to my feet, and a bit to my hands.

"Sorry about that Gattsu, got a bit distracted, haha. Sounds like whatever it is Master Strafe wanted from us has already started. Let's keep our guard up, but ya know, we should still probably hurry up."

We ran pretty fast while keeping our eyes vigilant, but we almost immediately saw the clearing in which Strafe was currently battling, having erected a wall of ice between himself and four others, each with a different weapon out. We jumped and landed next to Stafe's lion, Mamoru. Despite me now knowing he was Strafe's companion, I still felt uneasy around him. He was just a bit too intimidating for me to be comfortable. I looked down at him and noticed that he was cradling a girl, about my age, that was looking fairly sickly and bruised up. She let out a cough as she looked to Strafe racing forward to engage in combat. She didn't look well, but she had a determined look in her eyes. Just from a single look at her, I could tell that she had an admirable resilience. Or at least she was a good actress.

I smiled at her, "Don't worry, Master Strafe is absolutely incredible. Those guys will be taken care of in no time. And Gattsu's a really awesome medical ninja, so he can patch you up in the meantime. The name's Nobuya, by the way!"

I looked over at Gattsu, who was staring at her slack-jawed for some reason. I hadn't thought about her resemblance to Strafe at the moment, or even a very slight resemblance to Gattsu himself, but I would realize soon that she was an Aisu clan member too. And for Gattsu to meet not one, but two free Aisu clan members in such a short time seemed to be nothing short of a miracle. Alas, I had other things on my mind.

"Gattsu? Patch up?"

I turned around, and noticing the enemies starting to form a semicircle around Strafe, saw the one with the axe was slowly approaching us. His focus seemed to be on Strafe, but I wanted to make sure we weren't gonna be a distraction for Strafe. I wouldn't want to draw attention to myself normally, but I decided that it'd probably be safe to use just one jutsu. Especially if it had the chance of helping Strafe while allowing me to keep our distance.

"Keep the distance" really is becoming a mantra of mine apparently. Ok. Tiger, Dragon, Snake.

I slammed my hands on the ground and watched as the earthen bindings rocketed out of the ground towards the axe-wielder.

Come on, come on! Get him!

Chakra 210/250:

WC: 940

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.