You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Meet and greet [Open/No PK]  Empty Meet and greet [Open/No PK] Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Eishi

Eishi

D-rank
"Are you sure it's fine, doctor?", Eishi sighed on his way out of the facility. "My hands are still numb and I feel so empty, so... bleak. Everything seems dead to the touch, meaningless to the thought. It's as if this whole world has been devoid of sense! Am I going psychotic?".
"Relax, my child", the grey man coughed – he had a bad case of smoking which often interfered with his patients' procedures, yet hardly anyone considered it worthy of reporting. In fact, Dog Cough (that's how he was known around here) was very kind and optimistic; the type of guy who could fill you with hope about your medical condition and let you lead an impossible war if only to see you not giving up on your way down. Eishi knew that perfectly well, yet worried about his lack of progress, the boy was more than ready to take another lie on his bill – something comforting that could help him disperse his worries for a little while. And a lie was he taking.
"Doctor Amarashi told me that you were quite fond of her visits. *cough* *cough* It's a fine practice that our hospitals could afford such qualified psychiatric help. See, not every country can spare the money; I've heard of terrible stories about victims of insanity, thrown away as mere luggage. But the Mizukage is good and Kirigakure is prospering. Have you read the news? Our military...
A painful grimace had replaced Eishi's face when he interrupted the kind man: "No, sir, thank you. I don't really want to know about that now."
"Ah, I see. You still haven't overcome your father. You know, I am no expert, but psychosomatic blockage could be the reason for your tactile disturbance. *cough* You should really consider the possibility of..."
"Doctor, enough! Please. Not now. I am... I am doing my best."
"Of course, my boy. Of course. How old were you anyway?"
"16."
"Well, I believe it would be of benefit if you were to socialize with other young people. No, no, don't give me that look, I've already signed the papers – you are to go outside for 24 hours before returning to this ward. Doctor's orders".

And with that he coughed again – this time a little longer.

Not a while after Eishi was walking down the street, his face bloodless. Where was he supposed to go? How was he supposed to meet new people? And what was expected of that? It was too early to tell.

WC: 428

Last edited by Eishi on Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Meet and greet [Open/No PK]  Empty Re: Meet and greet [Open/No PK] Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:25 pm

Michibo

Michibo

D-rank
Michibo was standing in an alley way with two rather large looking fellows. The alley lead into a dead end which he had his back to. The whole alley was grimey. Filled with graffiti and dumpsters with piles of trash here and there and an abandoned cart with no wheels. It even smelled of piss. The large men looked like they were likely some sort of working man. Stained clothes with big beards and good builds. Both of them were in T-shirts with cargo pants on. One was bald with a pair of mutton chops and one good eye, The other had shaggy hair and a full beard with grey streaks in it. However if one was trained they would see scars on both mens knuckles. Fighters the both of them. Built like some mean mothers too. Their backs were to the entrance to the alley and they appeared to be blocking Michibo in. The one with the mutton chops would grab a piece of the cart and yank off a plank of wood while the other one spoke up in turn. His voice carrying easily in a deep baritone.

"C'mon orphan. We took you in and taught you how to fight. You owe us a couple of good rounds in the ring. Tell ya what. We won't give you a beating if you take a loss yeah?"

Michibo was facing them looking rather bored in comparison. The stem of the sucker rolled along his teeth as he shifted it from one side to the other. His grey hair would seem normal until one of them yanked the plank of wood and at which point it would seem to shift slowly from grey to pink. From behind his purple tinted gold framed aviators there would seem to be a pink glow from his eyes. Michibo was wearing a pair of black jeans with a white tank top and black boots. His belt buckle was his shinobi headband of all things and tucked into his belt was a bone kunai on either hip. He seemed to have a thin but tall frame. Still despite being out muscled, outnumbered and trapped he would grin in an almost sick way. Like he rather enjoyed the position he was in. Always in over his head Michibo. It was where he wanted to be after all. Still he would speak in return. A cocky voice at that.

"Tell ya what. Have your boy put down the toothpick and I won't break both his arms. After all, you know how moody I get being called an orphan don't you?"

The man with the plank of wood would grunt at the challenge before laughing audibly. The man who had spoken would shake his head before stepping to the side and letting mutton chops step in. Mutton chops would growl threateningly before suddenly stepping in and swinging the chunk of wood. As he did Michibo's skin would seem to almost ripple for just a moment. The swing connected hard with Michibo's jaw as the plank of wood snapped. Turning Michibo a little before Michibo turned back. His glasses broken as his pink eyes looked to the man. He would take a breath before pulling the glasses off and crunching them in his fist. The hit seemed to have done nothing to him as he stepped forward to the big man and looked into his eyes. The big man was obviously confused. His hit would have knocked out much bigger men. However Michibo was just pissed. He would look up at the big man standing slightly taller than him as he spoke in a low and dangerous tone.

"Pick an arm."

250/260:

3Meet and greet [Open/No PK]  Empty Re: Meet and greet [Open/No PK] Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:13 pm

Eishi

Eishi

D-rank
"That would be on the house, young sir. Go make your little lady happy."
The sweet woman gave Eishi a heart-warming smile. She was in her mid 60's with long, grey hair, a couple of wrinkles stamped on her large forehead, and an outstanding black tooth, yet somehow her cringy face couldn't erode the kindness that was painted on the surface. It was an interesting paradox for the genin would think that being ugly comes with being mad at the world. Still, her trembling hands made him consider the generous offer and kindly refuse it.
"No, ma'am, I insist. Here. Keep the change. I can afford it."

What a nice lady, Eishi thought once outside of the shop, inhaling the scent of the beautiful purple flowers at hand. Sadly, he couldn't feel anything. They were worthless to him. Perhaps I can meet Kahou and finally ask her out. Wonder what has happened to the gal – I've spent so much time in the hospital without catching a mere glimpse of her. Would she appreciate the flowers? Does she even like flowers? I don't even know her, and it's been almost a year since we last met. Can we possibly... hey!

A stud of running children charged through the boy, one of the rascals shoving him aside. "Watch it!", Eishi yelled, squinting his eyes and raising a fist. "Or I'll get you and...and... oh..." The flowers. He had dropped them and now they were trampled all over, small puffs of dust dangling around them. "That's that, I guess. Just my luck..."

The genin let out a painful sigh and decided – hands in pockets – to walk away with dignity. What was there to lose anyway? Quite nothing besides the handful of ryo and the bitter taste of..

Wait.
Was that a scream just now?
Yes, Eishi had definitely picked out a scream from an alley not so far away.
And the scream belonged to a man.
Definitely a man.  
A large man with a T-shirt and cargo pants on.
He seemed to be the victim of excruciating pain.

At first the shinobi was confused. Should he jump in and help? He quickly realized however how immensely poor-spirited that question was; it was his duty to investigate. And so he went in with a dashing sprint.

"Hey, hold it! What the... let that guy's arm off.. err.. please?"

WC: 408
TWC: 836

4Meet and greet [Open/No PK]  Empty Re: Meet and greet [Open/No PK] Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Michibo

Michibo

D-rank
The guy hadn't taken the hint and had opted to try and fight with his bare hands after the piece of wood hadn't worked. It would appear he had the upper hand. Most of his hits smashing into Michibo as Michibo was being pushed back. The difference in skill seemed obvious but for some reason Michibo's hair had turned pink in the time he was being smashed around. Finally the positioning was right. He had taken the hits to keep his opponent from noticing of course. Not that they had any effect through his bone defense. The man went for a straight jab which Michibo ducked under before kicking at the guys shin. Knocking it out from under him before coming up with an elbow to the guys chin. The male dropped to one knee staggered with his arm over the edge of the dumpster. He would shake his head to shake of the blow before using his arm to pull himself back up. Clutching the inside of the dumpster with his hand. However Michibo had already launched above him and grabbed hold of the air conditioning unit above them in the window. Yanking it down with a crash onto the mans arm. Snapping it.

The man screamed in agony as Michibo found his footing. The other man had reached behind himself to pull out a blade without Michibo noticing. However from the end of the alley a boy rounded the corner in time to catch Michibo grabbing the guys other arm and preparing to snap it as well. Before the other big man could step forward with something more dangerous than a plank of wood he heard the boy call out and let go of the handle still in his shirt. He would grunt before spitting on the ground. "Another time orphan." He would say before Michibo would let the guys other arm go. A swift boot to the guys ass sent him sprawling out to the other man who glared daggers. It was clear whatever was going on there was far from over. Still Michibo smiled back. His eyes almost appearing to be closed as he smiled sweetly. The two big men would turn and walk out. Both of them grunting at the new boy in irritation before passing by him. One of them holding an arm that was definitely broken. Neither seeming to want to stick around. Not now that there were witnesses.

Michibo on the other hand would let his jutsu fade and roll his jaw a little. Guy had heavy fists but not enough to make it through his jutsu. His skin would seem to ripple a little before his pink hair and eyes would both fade to grey. Still his eyes would settle on the new boy before he too would grunt and then speak. His arms crossing across his chest now as if defensive about the whole situation. Perhaps he didn't think shinobi should fight civilians? Hopefully it wasn't one of those.

"What are you then? Some sort of savior to the people? He came at me. Had it coming."

5Meet and greet [Open/No PK]  Empty Re: Meet and greet [Open/No PK] Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:13 pm

Eishi

Eishi

D-rank
The men who passed around Eishi stank of fear and... something worse; they were an awful lot and by the look of it the genin almost regretted his irresponsible interference, yet he didn't know the whole story behind the fight, and as the day had taught him earlier – never judge a book by its cover.
"Listen, pal", he tried to lower his voice so that the fellas couldn't hear, "I am just doing my part in keeping this place safe, okay? Kirigakure no Sato is a great village and it's been great for a while now, but with all that thievery for the past couple of months, one can never be too safe. Say, are you a shinobi? You seemed to handle yourself pretty well back then. What's your secret? Taijutsu? Magical potions? A swamp witch's recipe?"
Trying to put on a friendly smile, the white-haired genin decided to approach the unknown fighter, but not too eagerly and definitely not without a certain amount of caution; dealing with a couple of goons was no easy feat even for a ninja of their stature, and only a fool would make the mistake of underestimating someone held responsible for a scene so brutally vivid. What's more – the boy in front of Eishi seemed suspiciously calm and barely agitated; it was almost as if nothing out of the ordinary had just occurred on this dark alley.
"Name's Eishi, a representative of the famous Yuki clan. I don't believe I've seen you around, but then again, I barely see anyone these days. For one reason or another, I am forced to spend my days in the hospital, and... err... sorry. Guess I am getting too personal rather quickly, ain't I? How about you tell me your name first and explain what was happening around here – perhaps I can be of use? And, oh, I don't mean to judge. Sorry to bother."

[Eishi would try to carry out the doctor's prescription and would approach the street fighter even further – if the latter would allow this to happen. He would share his recent story, sparing no detail about his injury (caused by the frozen trauma after the awful domestic beating he had to endure), his recovery sessions at the hospital (tissue damage rendering Eishi numb and devoid of tactile sense) and his work with Amarashi-san – the local psychiatrist. Keeping a secret is not one of Eishi's virtues so he should appear to be quite open and unrestrained. He would also be curious about Michibo's past and the two guys who were just kicked out of the boy's way. During their conversation Eishi would try to appear as light-hearted as he used to be, but his dulled mood would constantly show through his unfinished laughter and his burdened glares.]

WC: 479
TWC: 1325

6Meet and greet [Open/No PK]  Empty Re: Meet and greet [Open/No PK] Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:35 pm

Michibo

Michibo

D-rank
"Listen, pal", he tried to lower his voice so that the fellas couldn't hear, "I am just doing my part in keeping this place safe, okay? Kirigakure no Sato is a great village and it's been great for a while now, but with all that thievery for the past couple of months, one can never be too safe. Say, are you a shinobi? You seemed to handle yourself pretty well back then. What's your secret? Taijutsu? Magical potions? A swamp witch's recipe?"

Tch, Figures. Some one would already be on to him. He was in fact shinobi trained but was hardly the model shinobi. He would roll his tongue behind his teeth as he held in a smart ass comeback for the moment. If this kid was going to get on his case about that shit he would have by now. Instead he actually almost sounded like a fan boy for a moment. Perhaps he had the heart of a fighter too. Unlike a bunch of these other vest wearing sissy shits. Sure they could toss lightning as easy as boiling ramen but it was always a question of morals first. No one just threw themselves into a fight just the right way. Still he would shrug a little as the other two left. For him this was just a day to day living. Speaking in return.

"Yeah I learned how shinobi do things. But shinobi don't just toss out their techniques secrets to strangers right? Pride may be my sin but damn if I am proud enough to announce ways to beat me. So lets just go with witchcraft. Suits me best."

The other kid would start to approach him. Caution and restraint in every step. Like he was approaching one of the wild dogs in town. Michibo would grin a little to himself as the pink faded from his eyes and hair. Back to a dull grey. This kid wasn't here to fight him. That much was for sure. Still he would speak up again as Michibo listened. "Name's Eishi, a representative of the famous Yuki clan. I don't believe I've seen you around, but then again, I barely see anyone these days. For one reason or another, I am forced to spend my days in the hospital, and... err... sorry. Guess I am getting too personal rather quickly, ain't I? How about you tell me your name first and explain what was happening around here – perhaps I can be of use? And, oh, I don't mean to judge. Sorry to bother."

Michibo would roll his jaw at the kids open nature. Damn if he wouldn't be used up in the streets. People take advantage quick of you out there. Michibo knew that just from growing up in the orphanage. Fighting just to get a meal in his belly. Still he would make sure the dumpster lid was shut. Undeterred by the smell of the alley he would hop up on top of it and sit with one leg tucked under the other and the other dangling over the edge. "Names Michibo, Frosty, and I ain't somebody so I doubt many do know me. As for whats happening around here. Its the law of the streets son! You get strong or you get dead. Tale older than time. Nothin you can do bout it except be stronger than the next guy."

Michibo would,despite the kids determined sunny nature remain relaxed and a little stand offish. He wasn't much of one for sharing though the kid obviously needed to unload. Still he would go through about three suckers mostly just listening to the story. He didn't mind a chatterbox too much he supposed. Maybe sometime frosty here might have some useful information for him but for now if he was this open Michibo wasn't about to open up entirely and let his dirty laundry out there too. If it got out to the wrong person he could probably have to answer for a couple of things. Still he would sum it up pretty easily once the floor was clearly left to him.

"I know how to fight, they know how to fight. Its normal for us to want to figure out who is stronger."

7Meet and greet [Open/No PK]  Empty Re: Meet and greet [Open/No PK] Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:20 am

Eishi

Eishi

D-rank
"Names Michibo, Frosty, and I ain't somebody so I doubt many do know me.

Michibo, huh?, Eishi thought. His mind was still on medication and it wasn't as clear as it used to be, but the kid seriously doubted the possibility to forget somebody he knew. Something else grabbed his attention though – the fighter described himself as a nobody which could never be a good thing. Could it be a marker of low self-esteem? An indicator for past trauma? Sadly, there was not enough time for a deep and meaningful analysis – not out here in the open at least.

As for whats happening around here. Its the law of the streets son! You get strong or you get dead. Tale older than time. Nothin you can do bout it except be stronger than the next guy."

Law of the streets – what does he mean? Get strong or get dead? Could he be a refugee? An outsider? And that slang...

A quick look on Michibo couldn't serve the purpose to determine the kid's origins. He appeared to be rather... simple and unpretentious, a lot taller than Eishi (for comparison – Eishi was standing at about 5'5'' feet or 168 cm) but not too bulky either (both of them were slender although one would be safe to assume that Michibo had the upper hand here as well). What stood out was his hair – messy and unkempt, changing colors just before the Yuki's eyes as he was approaching.

"That was... very cool", whispered Eishi, giving his best not to look surprised. Yet it was really cool. And he was very surprised.

The "nobody" seemed to relax a bit on the surface, but he didn't drop his guard. In fact, he didn't seem eager to talk either for he only added: "I know how to fight, they know how to fight. Its normal for us to want to figure out who is stronger." And with that the conversation was left hanging.

Now Eishi was experiencing some tactile problems and his very nature seemed to have changed in the days after the "accident", but he couldn't kick off his urge to talk. And talk a lot he did for that was his way of solving problems.

"Hey, bro, that's very sad, bro, I mean, you are right, bro, probably, but, hey, life ain't that grim, man. Well, it has been for me. See, my dad served in the military and he was very well-known and respected, but got to drinking – a lot. That was after he... well, he used to pull out on missions and sacrifice everything, but couldn't pull out of mo... err, sorry. Inappropriate. Anyway. I was born and he tried to train me for the ANBU, but, you see, I ain't a suckah, and he was like "screw that, man, screw that", and got to pester me, and torment me, and I was like "oh, hell, no, man", and he was like "go to the Academy and learn", so I went to the Academy and learned. Top of my class. Still couldn't convince him to like me. After I finished, he was like "take missions, man", but the missions were so disappointing – not that I complain – he wanted something great for me, but I met those cool people – Kahou, Mura, Nissan, they were the real deal, and could cope with me being late, I even thought that we could be a team someday and perhaps chill together, but no, no and no. Out of the blue, an ANBU shows up, man, and starts kicking, and we were like "oh, hell, no", but Nissan went all weird and stuff, and the ground crumbled and fell apart for the ANBU was like "I know a super high-end jutsu, man" and boom! We were all buried alive! I... managed to find the rest of my pals but Mura was missing, called the village, then went to the chuunin exams just to be far away from that, yet didn't tell my dad, and I didn't really participate, I was like all chill, all fun. Met a guy there, Raphael, really cool guy, man, you should totally meet him and be friends with him. So after I returned, my dad went all "come here, you little slacker" and he beat me to death. Like... literally. Then he kept my body in an... ice coffin... longer than it said on the prescription... and... couldn't admit to the authorities... and... erm, I guess it gets weird from here on, doesn't it? Sorry for being nervous. Like... he totally damaged my tissues, now I am numb, the state has my custody, I live in the medical ward, try to recover, visit a therapist weekly, the doctor told me to socialize, was on a mission with this awesome dude Kaito who was all cool and stuff, and Kahou is probably avoiding me for she probably feels responsible for what happened to Mura, and I think about her a lot. And about him. And...

Eishi's enthusiasm was slowly dying out – like a desperate candle flame in the wild tundra. During his tale the boy's face was getting darker, his smile was melting, and – finally – at the very end he grew silent, putting his hands in his pockets, chin sinking within the purple jacket. A couple of times during the narration Eishi even tried to laugh, but it was a forced and unfinished laughter, devoid of cheer, empty of emotion. The genin was really feeling dull.

WC: 935
TWC: 2260

8Meet and greet [Open/No PK]  Empty Re: Meet and greet [Open/No PK] Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Michibo

Michibo

D-rank
"Hey, bro, that's very sad, bro, I mean, you are right, bro, probably, but, hey, life ain't that grim, man. Well, it has been for me. See, my dad served in the military and he was very well-known and respected, but got to drinking – a lot. That was after he... well, he used to pull out on missions and sacrifice everything, but couldn't pull out of mo... err, sorry. Inappropriate. Anyway. I was born and he tried to train me for the ANBU, but, you see, I ain't a suckah, and he was like "screw that, man, screw that", and got to pester me, and torment me, and I was like "oh, hell, no, man", and he was like "go to the Academy and learn", so I went to the Academy and learned. Top of my class. Still couldn't convince him to like me. After I finished, he was like "take missions, man", but the missions were so disappointing – not that I complain – he wanted something great for me, but I met those cool people – Kahou, Mura, Nissan, they were the real deal, and could cope with me being late, I even thought that we could be a team someday and perhaps chill together, but no, no and no. Out of the blue, an ANBU shows up, man, and starts kicking, and we were like "oh, hell, no", but Nissan went all weird and stuff, and the ground crumbled and fell apart for the ANBU was like "I know a super high-end jutsu, man" and boom! We were all buried alive! I... managed to find the rest of my pals but Mura was missing, called the village, then went to the chuunin exams just to be far away from that, yet didn't tell my dad, and I didn't really participate, I was like all chill, all fun. Met a guy there, Raphael, really cool guy, man, you should totally meet him and be friends with him. So after I returned, my dad went all "come here, you little slacker" and he beat me to death. Like... literally. Then he kept my body in an... ice coffin... longer than it said on the prescription... and... couldn't admit to the authorities... and... erm, I guess it gets weird from here on, doesn't it? Sorry for being nervous. Like... he totally damaged my tissues, now I am numb, the state has my custody, I live in the medical ward, try to recover, visit a therapist weekly, the doctor told me to socialize, was on a mission with this awesome dude Kaito who was all cool and stuff, and Kahou is probably avoiding me for she probably feels responsible for what happened to Mura, and I think about her a lot. And about him. And... "

Damn if this kid didn't like to talk. He just went off out of no where and began describing his life story. Jesus Michibo thought to himself as he leaned back. Sucking on the piece of candy in his mouth as he let the kid power through and control the conversation. He was less of a talker usually anyway. Besides if this kids therapist wanted him getting out more maybe this kid needed to get this shit off his chest. Michibo normally would have lost interest a while ago but he was kind of cornered in an alley. He could slip by but not without interrupting. He was comfortable where he was even if his patience was straining. Still he didn't fail to notice the complete change in the kids demeanor as he reminded himself of all the worst parts of his own life. For a moment Michibo considered maybe escaping with some sort of emergency. He wasn't exactly medicine for the people looking to cheer up. Michibo was a simple man with simple tastes. Good for a fight but not much else. By the end of it the kid would stop talking entirely and Michibo would sigh.

He felt his fist clenched a moment and took a breath. He wanted to knock the kid over the side of his head and tell him to get passed his shit and make more of himself. A part of him knew though that wouldn't help. It would just be bullying. If he was going to be anything it wouldn't be that. Still he would unclench his fist and hop down off the dumpster. He wanted to tell the kid to get himself up out the dirt and fight back but not everyone saw things his way. So instead he would look to the kid a moment before his hand shot up to flick the kid in the nose. It wasn't hard enough to do any damage nor would a kid with no sense of touch feel it. But it was designed to get his attention.

"Nough of that. I ain't one for layin in the dirt long. If I'm livin I'm fighting. Black and blue with blood in my lungs if I ain't dead yet those tryin best keep watchin where they steppin. Cause till my heart stops beatin Imma fighter through and through. Now cmon frosty. Lets see if we can warm them bones with some sake."

He would clap the kid on the shoulder before walking passed him out the alley way. He would glance in one direction first. The one the two men had gone. Rolling the candy along his tongue. He would deal with them on his own later. When they didn't know he was coming. For now he switched to heading in the opposite direction at a casual walk with his hands in his pockets. He would walk in a straight line forcing people to move around him without a word or a look. Oncoming crowds just parted for him on instinct. It was a short walk to the market before they stepped in front of a stall. He would drop a couple of coins on the counter before demanding a warm bottle. It took a second before they were handed one. Michibo removed the cap before taking a swig. He would swallow and cough once before handing it over. A little steam came out the top and the drink smelled sweet. Almost sour.

"Drink up and remember my words. Two simple words when life is shitting bricks. People on your case and trying your patience. Two words. Fuck em."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.